• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 4,473 Views, 169 Comments

Celestia takes a vacation - Hydralisk



Princess Celestia has nearly 100 years of unused vacation, but that was about to change when a magic portal appears out of nowhere and whisks her away to a unknown world to be a familiar for a bratty noble.

  • ...
12
 169
 4,473

Where Celestia is silly

The sun was shining, the birds were singing and everything was right with the world.

Actually, Celestia though, no. It was cold despite it nearly being midday, the sky was cloudy, the trees didn’t protect them from the wind at all, and, all in all, it was an awful day.

But to Louise, completely unreachable to Celestia, it was as if heaven itself had opened branch next to the academy.

The girl was currently on cloud nine with a dreamy look on her face. Mind you, she still was doing what one told her, but it seemed that spending the night with the princess of Tristain put her mind a mile deep into the gutter.

“Louise, are you listening to me at all?” Celestia asked bemused.

“Of course Celestia, some cake would be lovely.” She replied with glassy eyes, drool on her lips, and a sultry smile. What was impressive, was that she was still levitating the stone around without any influence from Celestia. The pony princess had switched the field the prevented Louise’s explosions off, fifteen minutes ago. Also, she could swear that the stone hadn’t been heart-shaped when the lesson started.

Celestia took a deep breath before turning to the heavens and shouting out. “Curse you Cadance! She was only so young!” Needless to say, she was feeling in a mood for theatrics.

“Excuse me?” A male voice sounded out behind Celestia. It was the teacher Colbert that was looking at them with a questioning expression.

“Dear Professor.” Celestia said overdramatically with a wing over her face. ”A horrible curse has befallen poor Louise here, and I fear there is no cure for it.” A fake tear running down her face.

Colbert, having misunderstood the situation, was alarmed. “What! What kind of curse? What nature of magic is it? Have you seen the culprit!?”

“Yes, dear professor! I have seen the caster of this most cruel of all spells!” Celestia continued. “And I have only a name to give it, as the rest of the incarnation is a mystery even to eldrich creatures.” Celestia was enjoying this way too much.

“What is it? Tell me! Maybe we can help!” Colbert nearly screamed.

“LOVE!”

“What.” Colbert, the poor man, already completely on the edge after dealing with the lost artifacts and fearing that one had been used on one of the students under his watch, had a twitching in his right eye.

“Yes, I know! It is horrible, isn't it?!” Celestia continued.

“The headmaster wants to see the two of you.” He deadpanned, deciding to not humor Celestia anymore.


A few minutes later, they reached the office. His secretary, Longville was there too.

“Thank you for arriving this quickly, now onto busi… Is everything alright miss Vallière?” Started the headmaster, interrupting himself after seeing that Celestia was carrying Louise in a levitating cloud, and still with a dreamy expression on her face.

Celestia took a deep breath, and was about to explain the terrible curse that had befallen Louise, but Colbert interrupted her. “Miss Vallière is just a bit love sick, headmaster.”

“A bit?” Longville asked. “That girl is completely catatonic.”

“That should be easy to fix.” The headmaster said with a smile. “Louise your mother is on the way, and she is very upset.” He said in a firm voice.

Louise, hearing that, instantly snapped out of her stupor. “What! When? Why? What happened?” She said in a state of near panic.

“I have to remember that one.” Celestia said to herself.

“Anyway, as I was saying, thank you for coming this quickly. I have a few questions for you and your familiar, miss Vallière.” The headmaster continued. “First of all, it has come to my realization that your familiar has been teaching you an unknown form of magic. At first, I chose to not say anything about it and just watch, but I’m now more interested and have a few questions regarding it. For example, what type of magic is it exactly?”

Louise was a bit nervous about this conversation, as she was technically practicing something that was outside the school of Brimir, but Celestia chose to answer for her before she could say something out of place.”It’s unicorn magic, headmaster. And I chose to teach it to Louise when I realized that she, compared to her classmates, had no elemental association at all.” She explained in an even tone.

“No element at all? That should be impossible.” Colbert said.

“And yet, here we are.” Celestia threw back before she could be interrupted any more. “My observation was only confirmed when Louise took to the lessons like a fish to water. She has only been studying a few days, and already was successful in levitating an object on her own! A feat that should be even harder for her, as she is no unicorn and, as such, has no horn to aid her.”

The headmaster looked at Louise and Celestia, deep in thought at the explanation, while absently stroking his beard. After a short while, he took a box out of his desk and placed it on it. “Please show me the fruits of your labor. Cast a spell on this box, any spell is fine.”

Louise was nervous, she had yet to consciously do magic on her own, and she had no doubt that Celestia intervening would be cheating. She looked over to Celestia, who gave her a reassuring nod. Her resolve rising, she lifted both of her hands and started to concentrate. Sure enough, a soft, pink aura encased both her arms as she felt the magic vibrating through her body. Now, for her hardest part, she had to manifest it outside of her body and surround the box.

Ever so slowly, the box started to glow with Louise visibly sweating from the nervousness, but her worries were calmed when the box started to float. It was a bit wobbly, but it held and, after about five seconds, Louise released her hold on the box that landed back on the desk with a thud.

Again the headmaster was lost in thought before he finally stood up and spoke. “Louise Vallière.” He said as a declaration. “From this day on, you are allowed to be absent from the practical lessons of this academy so that you may study the magic that your familiar is teaching you.”

Louise could hardly believe what she was hearing, learning magic all day for five days a week? It was a dream come true.

“Of course, you still have to be there for theoretical lessons and alchemy as those don’t need any elemental magics to function. I also want you to keep your grades in all the written tests.”

“Yes, headmaster.” She nearly yelled with a smile that nearly reached up her ears.

“That’s all for now. The two of you are dismissed.” The headmaster said with a smile.

Louise barely could contain herself from running out while dragging Celestia along.

Back in the room Osmond regarded the box with interest and attempted to open in with his hands.

As expected, it stayed shut.

“I still don’t know what you attempted to prove with that, headmaster.” Colbert said. “But at least, we now have answers regarding Louise’s familiar.”

“That we have Colbert.” Both of them were completely obvious at how badly Longville was laughing on the inside.


Louise was in the land of joy, eating from the trees of ecstasy in the fields of happiness. That was the best descriptions Celestia could come up with that was descriptive of Louise's current mood.


Not that Celestia was bothered by it, no. What was bothering her was the enchantment on the box that the headmaster had offered Louise.

Why was it there? What was the man trying to find out with it?

And why had he given up on Louise studying this world’s magic so easily?

As the phrase said, something was rotten in the state of Denmare.

“Now that we have extra time, we should focus on the finer points.” Celestia said to Louise as they started the next lesson. “One of the things that I observed during the headmaster’s little test was that you used much more magic than was needed, and that’s due to your lack of control.” She explained while levitating a stone. “To teach you how to minimize your consumption, we will practice by you pushing that stone against me. If you push too much, it will float towards me, if you don't, towards you.” she explained

“I will do my best!” Louise said full of confidence while going into her go-to-casting pose.

“Another thing, Louise.” Celestia intervened. “I suggest you stop doing that pose and try to focus the magic through smaller parts of your body. Like try, just one finger.” She explained. “Try to do it subconsciously, the same why I do it with my horn.”

Louise nodded and started concentrating on the rock while pointing a finger at it. Slowly, the glow surrounded the stone and, again, it started to wobble.

For the next few hours, Louise’s training consisted of pushing a rock back and forth, and always adding a bit too much or not enough force. It even blew up once.

At the end of the day, Louise was exhausted as if she had ran five times around the academy, and with her whole body feeling like past.

Something they noticed was that Louise could use any part of her body as magical conductor, the bad news were that it seemed to put a severe strain on her body. Celesta theorized that the reason for that was that the human body was not optimized for doing magic the same way that horns were, but it also gave Celestia an idea. Maybe what Louise was doing was also possible for unicorns.

Well, for now, there was no time to do testing, she had a student to care about.

“Au, Au, Au.” Louise complained at every step, as this was the first time she used so much magic in such a short time. Celestia chose to have mercy, and placed the small girl on her back. “Wa? I can walk on my own!” She complained.

“Sure you can.” Celestia answered with a sugary voice without missing a beat.

“You are making fun of me! I can hear it in your voice” Tiny pink complained. ”I swear I can still go on.”

“Oh, I absolutely believe you, Louise.” Celestia said joyfully.

“I mean it!” Louise said in a disheartened tone.

“I know you do.” Again, without missing a beat.

Louise was about to lift herself but her body protested “But I will let you do me a kindness.” She said with a meek voice. “But don’t think I am tired or anything.” she said with the grace of a sack potatoes.

“Of course, my cute student...”


Louise was dropped onto the bed and, despite her everything hurting, she couldn't stop smiling. For the first time in nearly a full year she truly felt alive, her magic was progressing, the headmaster allowed her to study even more.

Everything was going perfectly.

Knock Knock

Suddenly there was a soft knock at the door.

“Yes?” Louise said without lifting from her back.

The door slowly opened, and the head of one of the maids peaked in. “H-Hello, miss Vallière. Ehm...” The maid was clearly very shy and didn’t know what to say.

“Speak your mind, servant.” Louise commanded.

The maid flinched at that. “I-I’m sorry, my lady. I just w-wanted to thank you.” She stuttered while her mind was repeating what a terrible idea that had been.

“Thank me? For what?” Louise wondered.

“If it weren't for your familiar, Lord Guiche would have surely ended me.” Then It clicked and Louise recognized the maid that was assaulted by the blond fop.

“Think nothing of it maid.” Louise said from her still unchanged position. “After all, it was my familiar who decided to help you, thank her if you must.”

The maid, for her part, didn’t know what to do at that, and simply looked back and forth between Celestia and Louise. “Ehm? thank you?”

“You are welcome.” Celestia said with a warm smile. “But I was only doing what was the right thing to do.”

Siesta looked sad at that.

“What is the matter, dear?” Celestia asked.

Louise chose to answer for her. “Because for many, it is not. Many nobles view commoners as lesser people.” Both Celestia and the maid looked at Louise still unmoved from their positions. ”It is one of the biggest problems the Princess is trying to solve, and we have talked about it a few times.”

“That is a bit saddening.” Celestia said. “What is your name?” She asked the maid.

“Siesta, my lady.” The now named maid said with a bow.

“Ok, none of that lady stuff, just call me Celestia.” She said. “Now ,come over here and take a seat, I want to talk about your life story and opinions.”

Siesta, of course, was confused by this. “But it is improper to sit down in the presence of a noble.”

Celestia answered by using a bit of telekinetic force on a Siesta that squealed in surprise while flying to the chair. “Louise is hardly in any position to complain.” She said looking at the pink haired girl while summoning two cups of tea on the table. From the bed, only muffled sounds were heard as Louise packed herself into the blankets, including clothes and everything.

“Now, why don’t you tell me about yourself, Siesta?” Celestia asked while taking a sip from her tea.

“Well.” The maid was clearly not comfortable like this but, since when was Celestia someone who cared about things like that? “I come from a small town called Trabes that is close to the border. I am the oldest of eight siblings, and my family has fields in our hometown.”

“Why do you work so far away from home, if you don’t mind me asking?” Celestia asked after taking a sip of her tea.

“Well, the main reason is that the academy pays very well. I can send the money that I earn back to my family. You see Tarbes is… not doing very well, economically, right now.” Unknown to her, Louise, who was still listening, snuggled herself more and more into her blanket to escape the beams of innocence and purity that were radiating off Siesta.

“Eh, am I intruding on something?” A surprised princess Henrietta asked from the door.

“P-P-Princess Henrietta!” Of course, Siesta was very surprised at the sudden arrival. That resulted in her trying to stand up to properly bow down, but the only resulted with her hitting her knee on the table and her pinky on the chair, only to then land on the ground.

Celestia, who was having way too much fun with this situation, put a wing around Siesta and proclaimed. “Our plans have been foiled, to the hideout!” Before teleporting away with a bang.

They left back a very confused princess that was currently questioning reality while staring at the spot that was previously occupied with a pony, a maid, and tea.

“What.” That was all she managed to say before she was walked to the bed occupied by a sad looking Louise.

Instead of saying anything, the pinky one simply shoved her onto the bed laid down next to her, pulled the princess into a hug and said. “I have seen the face of purity and kindness itself!”

“What?” Henrietta asked again.

“We are demons compared to that! Do you hear me? Demons!” Louise said hugging Henrietta even more with tears forming in her eyes.

“What?”


“We could try to release Tirek, maybe that would slow her down.”

BANG!

“I mean, think about it, maybe we get lucky and they will destroy each other! We would get rid of two problems at once!”

BANG!

“Luna, as much as I’d like that to happen, it is way more likely that she would chain him up and make him sit in a corner.” Twilight countered.

BANG!

“We could try to use Discord as a distraction.” Luna said with hope in her eyes.

BANG!

“Remember that one time that the dragon emperor was visiting and somehow managed to insult her hair?” Twilight asked back.

BANG!

“This is Discord we are talking about! He won’t be cowered that easily!” Luna screamed out in panic as she realized that the combined force of her body and magic were slowly losing the fight, even with Twilight at her side.

BANG!

“My point exactly, imagine if she got her hooves on him and did the same thing!” Twilight shouted back, with sweat running down her whole body.

BANG!

“I can hear you in there, stop resisting and come out!”

BANG!BANG!BANG!

Both Luna and Twilight fought with all their might, but it was a losing battle. All hope seemed lost and they where just about to give up and accept the end of all things, when the sound suddenly stopped.

“Did.” Luna dared to speak. “Did she give up?”

“You ARE the Princess of dreams.” Twilight replied.

“Har, har Twilight.” She replied sarcastically.

“Well, go look out if you’re so sure of yourself.” Twilight said back. “Come on, oh brave bester of nightmares! Show us your courage!”

“I’ll do that right now!” Luna said and with trembling legs she slowly opened the door and peeked out.

Twilight, who was expecting her to be devoured by evil in the process, lowered the barrier around herself and asked. “Is, she... not there?”

“Twilight.”

“Yes Luna?”

“I suggest a strategic retreat.”

“Why do you suggest that?”

“Because Stern Eye is coming back with multiple minotaurs and a battering-ram.”

Twilight, after analyzing the sentence from every possible direction, decided that it was no joke, and said the most political and scientifical response she could think of.

“Buck.”