• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 4,473 Views, 169 Comments

Celestia takes a vacation - Hydralisk



Princess Celestia has nearly 100 years of unused vacation, but that was about to change when a magic portal appears out of nowhere and whisks her away to a unknown world to be a familiar for a bratty noble.

  • ...
12
 169
 4,473

Where Celestia investigates

Celestia and Louise made their way back to the tower where Louise’s bedroom was supposed to be.

“Shouldn’t you sleep in the stables?” Louise suddenly asked.

Celestia put on a stern look. “I could take that as an insult.”

“What do you mean? I say you’re a kind of horse, aren’t you?”

“Not a horse. A ‘Pony’ and I’m used to sleep in a comfortable bed most of the time.”

Louise gave her a questioning look. “What is a pony?”

“We’re generally smaller than horses and with different proportions.” Celestia calmly explained with a raised hoof. ”Also, we ponies have way more color variety.”

Louise hummed in understanding.

The two of them reached the tower, only for the door not to move at all when Louise tried to push it. “What the...?” Then she remembered an important detail that they had to incorporate after Kirche was caught sharing her bed one too many times.

“Whaaa, damn it!”Louise grabbed her head in panic. ”I forgot that they close the doors to the girl’s rooms in the evening.”

“Well, then let's get the keys.” Celestia simply said.

“I have no idea who has them.” Louise admitted in shame.

The pony raised an eyebrow at that. “But, you live here, shouldn’t there be a replacement key in case of something like this?”

“They decided against that so the boys couldn’t abuse it and visit the girls at night.” Louise got an annoyed look. ”Not that it helped, mind you.” A bitter thought about a germanian redhead crossed her mind.

“Can’t we ask someone to let us in?” Celestia took a look around and spotted someone next to the main tower. “Over there, that looks like a maid, she may know how we can get in.”

“Why would a maid know that?” Louise asked confused.

“She is a maid, she has to clean the rooms, and so she needs acces to do that.” Celestia said.

“Oh, right. I knew that!” Celestia had to resist the eye role as they made their way to the maid who was washing clothes. ‘Don’t they have washing machines here?’ she thought.

Louise stepped forward with some air of superiority around her. ”Hey, maid?”

The girl in question got startled by the sudden question but quickly caught herself. “Yes milady?”

“Do you have a key to the Void tower?” Louise asked with a stern voice.

The maid was clearly nervous and was fidgeting a bit.“No, my lady, but I could get it for you.”

“Than do so maid” Louise said without missing a beat. ”I shall wait here.”

“Yes milady.” To an outsider it may not have looked like much, but to Celestia this conversation was filled with information she soaked all up like a sponge. The way Louise spoke meant that she held herself above the maid, the maid was afraid of Louise to some extend, but she didn’t seem to be afraid of Louise herself but more of the power she held. The pony sadly didn’t have much information about human body language or she could have found out more.


After the maid opened the door for them, Celestia found herself entering Louise's room. It was very obvious that this place was behind ponykind in the technological aspect, the way this room was equipped also raised her suspicion about Louise being a somewhat bratty noble as this was not a room she expected in a school. The furniture had a shine to it that spoke of the quality used in every piece, she personally would have never even thought about using so much money on a student’s home. It would only spoil said child, quality had to be there but the bed alone looked like you could sell it for the value of one dorm room in her own school. Still she reserved her final judgment as she had no real knowledge about human values. For all she knew, this could be the standard.

Well, they had slept some time on the outside and as such none of them were really in any condition to sleep. For Celestia, that meant that it was time to learn more about Louise.

She sat on the ground after said girl finished changing into her night garb.

“So, Louise was it?” Celestia asked. “I doubt’ that any one of us will get much sleep after we spend so much time sleeping outside so why don't we get to know each other a bit better?”

“Ok?” Louise said with a questioning undertone.”What do you want to know?”

“Why don’t you start with your name?” Celestia said. “Why is it so long? Is that normal for humans?”

“It is normal for nobles, commoners normally only have one name.” Louise answered.

“Do you never have problems with such long names?” Celestia asked. “I mean, Louise Françoise le Blanc de La Vallière is such a mouth full.”

“Louise is fine.” She clarified. ”And if you don’t know someone personally or are respectful, then you call them for their last name. Like for me, it’s just Vallière.” Louise was in full lecture mode now. “Actually, there was a problem with the names of nobles about six hundred years ago because they kept getting longer and longer. Over time, the palace ran out of paper for the documents, that’s why it’s limited to five names only excluding the runic name.”

“Runic name? What is that?” Celestia continued to drill.

“The runic name of a mage is a title that describes something about the mage's magical ability” Louise explained. ”For example someone who is very good with fire would be called The Flame.”

“What’s yours?” Louise flinched slightly at the question. Celestia of course noticed that, she did have a long history with children and the more she talked with Louise the more similarities between the girl and some of her more prideful students seemed to come out.

“I…” Louise was struggling to find the words and was playing with her fingers. ”I don’t have one yet”

“No need to be ashamed.” Celestia said encouraging. “Some simply need longer to mature, and as the saying goes, the older the wine the better it is.” Louise did smile at that, after all she just summoned a familiar who was prove to the word that she was a mage. “How about your family, tell me something about them.”

“Well my mother was once head of the Manticore Knights and my father is Duke de La Vallière, brother to the King and a magic researcher.” Louise said counting on her fingers. “My biggest sister Eleanor has followed into my father's footsteps and is at the Oriz Magic Academy with him studying magic.” Louise tone grew sadder. “My other sister, Cattleya, is sadly bedridden because of a disease that refuses to let her live a normal life.”

“That is saddening and I wish for her swift recovery.” Celestia said with honesty but quickly changed the subject. ”This night we found each other in the garden, how did that happen?”

Louise got a bit of a sour expression at that. “You were asleep and when I got close to you you took me prisoner and I was forced to stay with you until you woke up.”

Celestia got a bit uncomfortable at that. “Well, heavy sleepers are something that is running in the family I guess.”

“How can something like that run in the family?” Louise asked confused.

“My sister once slept through a monster attack that lasted for many hours.” Celestia got a bit annoyed as she continued on, “Show woke up and the first thing she said while seeing half of the city under reconstruction was ‘Did I miss anything?’.”

Louise couldn’t do anything but break out laughing because to her that sounded hilarious.

“It wasn’t that funny.” Celestia said while watching the tiny mage trying to catch her breath.

“It sounded like it.” Louise said after finally being able to speak again.

“Well at least someone is having fun.” Celestia said as Louise started to yawn. “I think we should use the rest of the night for what it was originally intended.”

Louise took a look at her clock and was really happy that tomorrow they had no classes. She quickly tucked herself in and closed her eyes

Celestia spotted the bail of hay on the ground and remembered what her summoner said about the summoned creature. She must have prepared it for a dog or something like that.

Well, there was only one bed so it would do for now, Celestia thought as she waited for her summoner do leave into the dreamworld.

After she was was certain that Louise was asleep, she stood back up and left the room as quietly as possible.

She made sure to make a mental note of all the hallways on her way. She nearly got caught by two flirting teens.

After finally reaching her destination outside of the tower she went to the wall. The first thing Celestia tested was her wings and they seemed to work without any kind of complications, not only that but changing her speed and trajectory was way easier than she remembered it to be. As she flew over the forest she tested her connection to the earth and it seemed that her Earth Pony power also seemed to be fully functional, she could feel the life beneath her grew and changed with every single instance of existence. After she enjoyed her late night flight a bit longer she landed in a clearing to test the most complicated thing, her Unicorn magic. Now the question was how to go at this. Celestia could just randomly start casting and look at the effects, it would be crude but it would get the job done. She started with a simple levitation of a small rock.

It didn’t work out as planned. Instead of levitating the the small rock it violently blew up. Lucky Celestia was fast enough to anflug herself with a shield… Wait, her shield was working but the levitation literally blew up in her face? This needed experimentation.

She casted her spell again, only this time going step by step.

First she fixated her mind on her core, then she cut of just the right amount that was necessary to levitate the rock and then she applied it to the piece of stone.

She was once again rewarded with explosive force. That was good, kind of, at least she now knew why her shield was working, after all it's didn't need her internal energy to leave her body for it to work, the forces would be changed into the field inside her body and then applied outside of it. But the levitation was something different, is applied magical force on an object and used this force to lift or move the given object in any possible direction.

Celestia currently had two leading theories, either something was wrong with her magical presence or somehow the environment was reacting very violently towards her.

She believed it to be the latter because the shield wasn’t giving her any trouble and wasn’t feeling very differently. Now how could she fix the problem with the levitation?

Again she tried to use as little force as possible so that she could observe the effect more closely. It was a strange explosion, it wasn’t chemical nor was it destroying any matter, it was simply pushing it out of the way. But it was not really a physical force acting because the stone that she tried to lift didn’t suffer any ill effects.

A lightbulb appeared above Celestias head, It was a force push, the magic was not holding together when applied outside her body because it would disintegrate immediately and doing that disrupt the physical world around it.

She tried to cast her spell again, only this time she went the extra mile to hold her magic in place and prevent it from blowing up again, it cost a considerably greater amount of concentration and power but she pulled it of, the rock was floating in front of her.

Her work done she returned to the tower and her ‘Master's’ room who was still sleeping. She laid down on the bale of hay and followed into the land of dreams.


The next morning came and Celestia's sleeping habits came back when she rose to full height before the sun was even visible on the horizon.

She stretched every part of her body and for a moment questioned her whereabouts before remembering that she was now in a different world to enjoy her vacations. A nagging feeling at the back of Celestias head told her that this was somehow planned by Twilight. That mare did have the unhealthy tendency to plan ahead way too far.

Well, sleeping in was unhealthy as well, time to wake her summoner.

She used her forehooves and started shaking the sleeping girl. “Louise. Time to wake up, it's morning.”

“Munya Munya.”

‘CUTE!’ was the only thought she could make at that but Celestia had experiance with cute children and so she could resist easily.

With firmer voice she tried again.“Louise. It’s morning!” again only weak groaning, “Very well. You asked for it.” and promptly Celestia stole Louise blanked away from her.

“Wha! C-cold, give it back.” Louise protested.

“Only after you are on your feet, young lady.” Celestia retorted with a sly smile.

“The sun is not even up yet!”

“Now don’t you blame me for that.” Celestia threw back. ”I really don’t want to try.” After all there was no telling who moved the heavenly bodies in this realm and she’d rather not mess with said being.

“What is that supposed to mean?” A confused and grumpy Louise asked.

At this moment Celestia had a choice, reveal who and what she was or continue to play along and have fun.

“Nevermind.” Her choice was obvious. “More important is why you are still in bed.” Celestia fluffed her wings and pulled the girl with one of them.

“Y-You have wings?!” well that was a good start for the day.

Author's Note:

New Chapter, Yay!

Work is haunting me in my nightmares where is Lulu when you need her, damn it!
Anyway same rules as to all my stories. I have no idea how long it will take before I can post the next chapter and as long as it is 'incomplete' and not 'On Hiatus' it will continue... except when i am dead.