• Published 10th Aug 2015
  • 4,473 Views, 169 Comments

Celestia takes a vacation - Hydralisk



Princess Celestia has nearly 100 years of unused vacation, but that was about to change when a magic portal appears out of nowhere and whisks her away to a unknown world to be a familiar for a bratty noble.

  • ...
12
 169
 4,473

Where Celestia comforts and students are stalked

Old Osmond really didn’t know what to make of this situation.

While the young Vallière’s Familiar was hardly the strangest he had seen in his career, it certainly brought in some big surprises like the ability Teleport. Being sentient was only one of the growing pile of abnormalities that was ‘Celestia’ as Louise called her.

To make matters worse, he had no idea what the two of them were doing as somehow the mere presence of that four legged enigma broke most of his surveillance spells and, as such, he had to rely on the old fashioned way to get information. Professor Colbert was not hard to convince if one was to say things like ‘for her own safety’ and, while it hurt the old man to use his colleague like that, he did indeed put Louise well-being in first place. He was waiting for the younger man’s report on this case when the door started to knock.

“Enter.” Old Osmond said and Professor Colbert came inside with a worried look. “Ah, Colbert, what can I do for you?”

“Headmaster, you wanted me to inform you about Miss Vallière’s and her familiar’s activities if I found something unusual.” Colbert started in a severe tone, “What happened today definitely qualifies. The familiar has started to teach Louise magic, as well as in various subject that I have no knowledge about.”

Considering that Professor Colbert was a very well read man, and could hold a conversation about nearly every subject that one could talk about, that was worrying.“Do you have any idea what she was teaching her?”

“From what I gathered, she taught her some sorts of concentration exercises that are supposed to help her. Not that I understand how sitting and talking can help her.” He said in a somewhat confused manner. ”Besides that, they later used a classroom to discuss something about a concept call ‘gravity’.” He scratched his head “It was very complicated, add to that that I barely was able to understand what they were saying much less understand the concept.”

“Interesting. We have to keep watching them, maybe the familiar is a blessing for the young Vallière.” Osmond said while stroking his beard.”Please continue to keep an eye on them.”

“Yes, headmaster.”


It took Celestia nearly a full hour to calm Louise down after her initial shock, then another one after she accidentally said that the threat was, most likely, not towards her but her parents, and a last one to just get her to sleep.

The next day came and, again, Celestia was up early. It still made her a bit uneasy that she didn’t have to rise the sun, not that she was complaining.

Now to waking up Louise, after all standing up late was not something Celestia would tolerate from her student. “Louies, it’s time to wake up, the morning will not wait for you.” Celestia said while pulling Louise’s blanket away.

The student in question raised her head with the most hateful expression she could muster with her adorable face. Something like a puppy of doom. “The sun isn’t even up yet.” She said slowly.

“Good, that means that you will be up to see the beautiful sunrise.” Celestia said with a smile on her face. “Now, come up, up, there is nothing like starting the morning with some revisions while getting ready for the day.” She proclaimed.

Louise didn’t really have time to complain when she was lifted out of her bed bathed in a golden aura. “Wah, let me down!”

“Nope.” Was all that Louise got before she was seated at her table with a bucket of fresh water and a wet towel planted on her face. After a few more complaints that were wholeheartedly ignored, a freshly dressed, clean and grumpy Louise was ready to tackle the day.

And the sun wasn’t even up yet.

“So, now that we have that ready, it is time to go through some exercises, after all no one became good at magic by just being lazy.” Celestia said.

Louise’s mood did a 180 at the prospect of training her magic.

“First, you can’t start a day without a few stretches.” Celestia said as she demonstrated by stretching, first like a cat, and then making this weird position where she stretched her hind legs and head backwards and formed a C with her whole body. She hold on the pose for a few seconds before standing back up and looking at louise expectedly.

“You don’t expect me to copy you, do you?” Louise asked somewhat worried. “Because I think that would break my spine.”

“Well, of course not, I expect you to do the human equivalent.” Celestia said with a smile.

Louise thought about it for a minute. “I don’t think there’s a human equivalent.” The closest thing Louise ever has seen too something like that was when her mother practiced with her sword.

“Then, we will invent it.” Celestia said full of enthusiasm. “Stretching is really not hard.” She said while closing in on Louise. “And morning stretches are mainly there to wake up your muscles after they relaxed the whole night.”

“In what way will this help my magic?” Louise asked skeptically.

‘It will not, I only want you to do it because it’s the first step to getting you into shape. No offence, but you look like you never had a good meal in your life compared to your classmates.’ Not that Celestia would tell her that. “Well, you can’t do magic when half of you body is asleep. Now raise your arms, we will figure this out together.”

And so they experimented with Louise body until it was nearly time to go to class.

“Do you have everything you need for today?” Celestia asked Louise, who was still looking through her pouch.

“Everything is ready. Not that I need it.” She quietly added.

Celestia gave a disapproving look at that. “Now Louise, just because you now study magic with me you can’t just forgo your other studies.”

Louise gave her a blank stare. “Because I always was so bad at the practical part of magic, the only way I could keep a positive grade was with always knowing everything theoretical and having a perfect score on every written test that we have. The only exam that could have kicked me out was the familiar summoning.” Louise gave Celestia a smug look. “You can ask me anything that we will learn this year and I guarantee you that I can answer it.”

Celestia raised an eyebrow at that. “That is either a lie or this school lacks material.”

“I’m not lying!” Louise said enraged. “Test me if you want.” she said while crossing her arm and puffing her chest with pride.

“Very well.” Celestia said levitating a random tome out of Louise pouch. The first problem made itself clear when Celestia tried to read the title because apparently they were using a different written Language.

Well nothing a small language spell couldn’t solve.

After said spell was cast, Celesta looked at ‘Fire Magic and you Vol.3’. She opened a random page farther back and chose a question for Louise. “Describe the effects of the ‘Incarnation’ spell, how to form it in as much detail as you can.”

“The incineration spell is what is called a ‘wavering spell’ as you can cast it no matter what class of mage you are. It will heat up the object that you are pointing your wand at, raising it to a temperature high enough to set said object on fire, and melt it if the object is not flammable. As such, the power necessary to cast the spell depends on the target.”

That was a word-for-word explanation of what was written in the book. “Well, at least that means I won't have to worry about your other studies.” Celestia said as she placed it back in Louise’s bag.

And so, the duo made their way to Louise’s class on fire magic.

The first thing they noticed when entering the class was the strange metal block that was on the teacher’s desk, with all sorts of doodads sticking out of it.

“Alright, please, all take you places and we will begin with the lesson.” Professor Colbert said as he entered the room. “Today I would like to show you one of my latest inventions.”

At his announcement, the class released a collective groan, and Celestia threw an inquiring look at Louise.

“Professor Colbert's lessons differ from the normal ones. He very often does things that you can’t reread at night before the tests and actually have to pay attention in class.” Louise explained. “Most of the things are boring stuff that we will never need, but sometimes he gives really good life lessons.”

Celestia chose to not comment on that, and simply watch the lesson herself.

“Now, many of you surely have noticed this machine that is next to me and may be asking yourselves why I brought it to the lesson.” He said while smiling to the calls. “It is for a demonstration in fire magic. Now, miss von Zerbst, you are a triangle fire mage, correct?”

“Yes, professor.” Kirche confirmed.

“Then, tell me about fire magic’s main uses.” The professor asked.

“Well, it’s used to burn things.” Kirche answered quickly.

“That would be correct, miss von Zerbst. To burn things, or destruction, if you want a more refined choice of words.” That got some laughter at Kirches dismay. “But, why should that be all that fire is capable of? In fact, why can’t fire be a creating force?” He walked to the machine. “In fact, let me demonstrate.” He said a short spell, and fire left his wand to enter the machine.

The whole class looked with expectations at the strange machine that the professor had built. Suddenly, without a warning, black smoke left the top of it and nearly every part of it started to move.

“As you can see, I’m using a flammable liquid to create gas, that creates a pressure that moves the gears.” Colbert proudly presented.

The rest of the class didn’t seem to share that enthusiasm.

“That’s nice and all professor but, what does that do for us?” Kirche asked.

Colberts smile only seemed to widen at that question “I am glad you ask, miss von Zerbst, It can be applied to many things that only need a simple spinning to work. Imagine a mill where there is no wind or water close by, or a carriage that can drive without a horse.” He listed. “Of course it’s mainly theoretical but I have no doubt that with the right dedication one can create great things from seemingly nothing.” He clapped his hands together to get all the attention. “Now, as interesting as this was, I’m sure learning the incantations for the dot-clas fire spells was even more so, as such I will test you now on those.” A collective groan escaped the class.


The class ended and the students were left to their various activities. For Louise that meant more training in magic.

KABOOOOOOM!!!

Which was going surprisingly well.

No, really! She had only blown up three clearings last hour.

“Very good Louise, you are improving.” Celestia said approvingly.

“How am I improving? This time it blew up even faster than the last time!” Louise said as she sunk to her knees in disappointment. For about an hour Louise had been doing the strangest magical exercise she had ever seen. At first, she was supposed to ‘manifest’ her willpower outside of her body and somehow ‘hold’ it preventing it from, well, blowing up.

Seeing as Louise had absolutely no idea that ‘holding’ magic was even possible, it was back to the drawing board for Celestia. But she hadn’t taught all those many generations for nothing! After demonstrating her own levitation, she instructed Louise to do the same. While she was creating a field that would hold the magic stable, she would slowly be giving up more and more control back to Louise in the hope that she would, at the end, be able to hold it all by herself.

Over the course of a few minutes, Louise would take more and more until it inevitably exploded.

She was at about sixty percent and was improving at a steady rate.

“That is because I was diminishing the field faster than the last time.” Celestia explained.

“Why would you do that?” Louise screamed at her with a betrayed glare.

“To make you improve, of course.” Celestia said taking a tone that one would use on an eight-year-old. ”How would you learn if you don’t try harder things, silly?”

“That… makes sense… sorry.” Louise said in a meekly way.

“Perhaps we should end here for today.” Celestia said as she looked at the sky.

Louise’s look got a bit horrified at that. “No! I’m sorry that I screamed at you, please don’t go!”

Celestia had to raise an eyebrow at that. “Easy there, I’m not mad at you Louise.” While Celestia knew that Louise wasn’t the most stable of students, she wasn’t expecting that strong reaction.

That situation required some digging.

“Louise, my dear, what's wrong?” She said while going down to be at the same eyeheight. “I can clearly see that something is hurting you. Let me help.”

“It’s nothing. I’m ok.” Louise said, stubbornly turning around to try and hid her face. “Let’s continue. I still have plenty Willpower left.”

Instead of saying something, Celestia walked closer to her and pulled her into a gentle wing hug. At first, Louise flinched at the touch but quickly submitted herself to the white fluffiness, not that anyone could resist it for long. “Louise it's ok, you can tell me what is hurting you.”

After a few seconds of silence Louise mumbled something too quiet for Celestia to hear. “You will have to speak up if you want me to help you.” Celestia said in the most motherly voice she could manage.”

“I… I don’t want you to a-abandon me to.” She finally admitted quietly.

“Why do you think I would abdone you Louise?” She asked carefully.

“Because every teacher I had abandoned me!” Louise snapped as she turned around and screamed out. “All of them! They always came to my home claiming they could teach me magic and telling that they would surely succeed. In the end, they all just left saying that I am impossible to teach and that teaching me is a lost cause!” By now Louise was openly crying and screaming into Celestia's face. She just kept looking at Louise as she shouted all sorts of insults towards her former and current teachers, and people who Celestia didn’t even know.

After she finally left out all her steam, her eyes were red and puffy and she looked at the ground full of shame.

“Louise, I will not pretend to know what it's like to be you, or that I know all those people All those people you so colorfully described. Nor do I want to know where you learned some of those words.” Now Louise was also full on blushing. “But allow me to show you something.” She said as she levitated a book out of Louise’s backpack in front of her face. ‘Now lets see if I still got it.’

“What is the number one applications for Aristolus Aralis!?” Celestia barked out with the voice of an old commander.

“H-Healing potions.” A startled Louise answered back but, before she could even form a question in her mind, Celesia continued.

“How do you harvest moon tears?!”

“Harvest them midday when the blossom is closed.” Louise shot back.

“Why?!”

“Because the pollen is poisonous.”

“How do you find Shark growth?!”

“Half a meter below the sands of a beach during low tide.” Louise finally gathered enough composure that she could muster some form of question herself but everything she was about to ask died in her throat when she saw the smile that Celestia whore.

“Now, tell me Louise, would a ‘lost cause’ really be able to answer all those questions that easily?” Louise smiled shily at that. “Now, come on, it's getting late and you will have to get used to waking up that early every day.” Louise had to take a double take at what she was hearing.

“What, Why?” She screamed out running after a laughing alicorn to plead for mercy over her morning routine.

Not that it worked, this is Celestia we are talking about after all.