• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 809 Views, 12 Comments

The Nightmares Fear - LunarGaurd



What happens when a unicorn with no magic by birth, gets possessed?

  • ...
2
 12
 809

Meanwhile

*Luna's POV*

"FLUTTERSHY! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!???" I shouted at that foolish mare. "Do you have any idea what could have happened to you?!"

"No, but I don't care. I wasn't going to let that monster-" She pointed at Spectral. "Hurt this poor creature."

I stomped my way up to her face. "This 'creature' is an Ursa Major! An amalgamation of Nightmare Moon's raw magic and intent to kill! It would have been a service to the world destroying it!" I'm furious at this, foal. She acts without thinking and has no idea of the consequences of her actions.

Fluttershy glares at me. "She's still alive! I wasn't going to let it" She again, pointed at Spectral, who at this point is standing suspiciously still. "murder her!"

"Well, congratulations Fluttershy! The Ursa, who is about to die anyway, is currently alive, and instead YOU might be the Murderer!" She looked hurt, almost on the verge of tears.

"Wha-? I would never hurt anypony! How could I be a killer?" I heard a chorus of 'Yeah's from the other bearers behind me.

"You uneducated foal! It's because YOU are alive right now! The spell Spectral was about to cast was a Soul Entrapment spell! It destroys the body of the target and traps the soul in an alternate dimension to be summoned later, bound to the casters will."

Twilight then chimed in, "So Spectral had to unravel his spell, so what? That doesn't make Fluttershy a killer."

I turned, fuming and stomped up to Twilight. "Foal! That would work for an ordinary caster, with regular magic. But Spectral is no ordinary caster, and he uses dark magic! He was born without magic and never got an education on how to use it, so he likely doesn't even know how to unravel a spell, not to mention dark magic is meant to be used in war, and CAN'T be unraveled!"

She was stunned by that new knowledge. "Than what happened? How is Fluttershy not dead?"

"Use your head, Miss Star Pupil. The spell must be cast on something with a soul, lest it misfire, the seven of us and the Ursa are here. Who else could have been the target?"

She looked confused for a second, than rather smug. "So Spectral cast it on himself? HA! Good riddance I say. We don't need another monster like Sombra."

I froze. My previously enraged and fuming form, now stock still and unable to even breath. How could she be so thoughtless? I thought. I'm going to have to have a long chat with my sister about her choice in students if this is the kind of pupil she raises. Without even a moments hesitation, I slapped Twilight Sparkle with blinding speed, not with all my strength though, that would probably break her neck, and I'm not as okay with thoughtless killing as she seams to be. I may be taking this a little too personalty, but nopony here has any right to speak such things about anypony, least of all a user of black magic! The only ones that can truly grasp the mind of a user is another.

I took a deep breath. Nothing will come of needless hostility, time is of the essence now. "I am going to take him to Canterlot to hopefully save his life. You will all return home and speak no more of this night until you have had ampule time to clear your heads!" They were about to open their mouths to give a retort, but I teleported myself and Spectral back to my chambers before they could.

Arriving in my room I put Spectral on my bed, his form is already beginning to blur and fade from existence, however a localized time dilation spell was enough to slow the affects of the spell. Hopefully long enough to gather the material components of the necessary ritual. Most of what I need is simple enough for me to acquire given that I always have a stock of various spell components for emergencies and experiments, and the most difficult piece to acquire is already laying on my bed.

With a few frantic spells and some careful placement the only two things remain. First, the feather of a healthy Phoenix, Lucky that Philomina recently reincarnated and should be in my sisters room. A pop sounding off and I'm staring at Tia's pet and friend. "Sorry Philomina, I don't have time to ask!" I pull out a feather from her back and teleport back to my room.

Second, the symbol of the infinite and unity, the Oreboros encircling the materials. The Oreboros is a serpent consuming its own tail. For this spell I will need it to be a circle about 2 yards wide, or 6 feet. the only issue is that for this particular ritual, it needs to be painted in the casters blood. If I were a normal pony it would normally take a week to get the amount of blood I need, however, as an Alicorn I can be nearly entirely drained of blood and still live, although I will be very light headed. Grabbing a Kris, a ritualistic dagger and a large bowl I hold my neck over the bowl and slit my own throat. With a heavy pain racking my mind and a hint of nostalgic pleasure, my blood floods from my body and fills the bowl in less than a minute and I cauterize the wound with a flash of fire magic. My mind a haze in my blood loss I can barely see straight as I take a paint brush and form the serpent around Spectrals fading body and the spells components. Putting up a few barriers to disallow entry into my chambers by any means I begin to cast the ritual.

With my magic pulsing, almost tangible, the various items I have set around Spectral begin to shake and the very fundamental physics holding them together begin to break down. This ritual is not very difficult, but it is expensive in both magical power required and material components. The magic required would be equivalent to levitating the entirety of Canterlot off of the mountain for 24 hours. The material components, that are now disintegrating and weaving their essence into my own magic to cast this spell are mandrake root to focus the spell and enchant the other components, 20 carats of diamond, its purity ensuring the retrieved soul is intact and without corruption, one litre of void ink harvested from a cursed kraken to access the realm of nightmares, and a demons heart to corrupt the casters magic and shield it from detection by the dark forces of the void. I don't have the heart, however my time as Nightmare Moon makes it irrelevant, my magic is already corrupted by a dark creature of the void. Finally it the Phoenix feather, to sustain the body through the process of being rebound with a soul.

The components disintegrating, and their atoms weaving with my magic to bind with Spectrals body, and using it as a conduit to attach to and attract his soul the force of the ritual shattering my previous time dilation spell.

Its a long cast, having to channel my magic for an hour. Throughout the hour I am getting progressively more tired and lightheaded, about to pass out it finishes, all the materials combining and enacting the spell. With a flash of light and a loud boom of displaced air the ritual is finished.

My stamina expended and on the verge of unconsciousness I fall to the side. My focus no longer being occupied I can hear a pony pounding on my door, my sister's voicing calling out to me.

I open my mouth to try and call back but I have no voice, I thing I severed my vocal cords when I slit my throat, no matter. that can be healed.

I close my eyes and use the last of my consciousness to drop my barriers.

The last thing I hear is my door being thrown open and hoofstepes galloping over to me.

with everything muffled and quiet, I drift into the silent sleep of unconsciousness.

Comments ( 3 )

9316584
Well, fuck. Half way through i thought to drop it because of too many abrupt and strange story turns. But decided to finish it anyway to see to what it all leads.

Well, I'm glad i decided to read it when i saw in in updated section - your last chapter and lead up to it intrigued me.
Have a like and a track. Any thoughts about update schedule?

10207344
I don't know if I will be able to have consistent updates, I'll try and get a chapter out every month.

As for the rushed beginning, I appreciate you pushing through it :twilightsheepish:, I'm not good at beginnings. But now that I'm through most of the main exposition I should be able to take things slower and explain more.

Hola cuando actualizas

Login or register to comment