• Published 11th Aug 2015
  • 810 Views, 12 Comments

The Nightmares Fear - LunarGaurd



What happens when a unicorn with no magic by birth, gets possessed?

  • ...
2
 12
 810

Five Ponies and a Fake Princess

"Hold on girls! My Pinkie Sense is telling me something!"

Wat...

"Aghhhh! What is it now Pinkie?"

"Oooohhhhh! It's a combo! Twitchy tail, ear flop, shivering spine, dwy tong!"

"And whats that one?"

"It means we're near something or somepony super duper powerful and creepy!"

"So what? It doesn't matter how powerful they are! We can take em'! Right AJ?"

"You know it!"

"Okay girls, lets just go get the books and get back to Ponyville before the Timberwolfs come back."

What the hell? I thought. Who are they? I can here hoofsteps getting closer now. Shit! Gotta hide! Before I could find a suitable spot slink into they said more.

"Huh? I don't remember this door being here before." Oh no... "And it..." They can't be talking about.... "Wont..." Don't say it, DON'T SAY IT!!! "Move!" DAMN IT!!

"Here, let us help."

"Thanks girls."

I will not let them open that door. I thought as I made my way towards the door that put me through hell.

As I rounded the last corner I came up beside and about 15 feet away from the ponies trying to get into the room that has been my home for the 6 months.

There is one Unicorn, two Pegasi, two earth ponies, and one alicorn. I don't recognize the Alicorn so she must not be a princess.

The Unicorn mare has a pristine white coat and a lavishly styled royal purple mane and tail. Her cutie mark is three crystal blue diamonds. Looks like a noble. I thought.

The first of the Pegasi is a butter yellow color with a long rose ping mane and tail. Her cutie mark is three blue butterflies with rose pink wings.

The second Pegasus is a sky blue with a rainbow mane and tail. Her cutie mark is a cloud with a multicolored lighting bolt.

The first Earth Pony has a Bubble Gum pink coat with a darker pink mane. Her cutie mark is three balloons, two blue and one yellow with vise versa on the strings.

The second Earth Pony mare is orange with a blond mane and tail put up in a ponytail with red elastic bands and a stetson cowgirl hat.

The Alicorn is lavender in color with a dark purple mane and tail, each with a stripe of pink and another shade of purple. Her cutie mark is a six point star with another, smaller white six point star behind it and sparkles doted around that.

"Gah!" The blue pegasus started. "Dumb door! Why wont it move?!"

"I don't know." The alicorn said, "It's strange, The door isn't even made up of a heavy material!"

I decided to step in now. "It wont open because I'm the only one that can move it!" My voice echoed around making the source unknown to the six ponies

They all gasped at once and turned around, "Who said that!?" The rainbow one shouted, "Come on show yourself!"

"I'm over here." I said, this time quiet enough that it didn't echo. Immediately all six heads snapped towards my direction. But I was to far for them to make out any details.

"Oh ya?" The blue pegasus said snidely, "And why's that huh!?"

"Because it's made up of magic metal." I said.

"Magic metal? I've never heard of that. What is it?" The alicorn spoke.

"Magic metal is a material that is as light as a feather but is impossible to move unless you have the right amount of magic as well as the right magical signature." I informed them.

"Well, now that I know what it is." The alicorn spoke again. "Why haven't I heard of it?"

"Inquisitive one ain't you?" Its slightly annoying. "Probably because it hasn't been used sense the pre-classical era."

"Ya ya ya. Enough chit chat!" I'm beginning to think the blue pegasus is a bit impatient. "Lets get to the point here. Who are you?!"

"Irrelevant."

"Irrelevant?!" Ya, definitely not liking the rainbow. "You better tel us your name punk! Or-"

"Rainbow Dash!" Rainbow Dash huh. Well, the name suits her. "Will ya'll calm yourself?!" The orange earth pony turned towards me. "Now, will ya kindly tell us you name?"

"Will you stop trying to break into my home?"

It's clear they were all a little shocked by my question. The alicorn regained her wits quickest. "What do you mean, 'Your home'?"

"That door you were trying to open has been my home for the last six months." I closed my eyes and approached them, stopping five feet away. "And I'll ask you nicely only once to leave me be before I force you to."

"Oh ya!?" This sounds like Rainbow Dash. "Is that a challenge?" I nod. "HA! I could beat you with both my wings tied behind my back!"

"If you believe that then you're a fool." I told her. "You should never over-estimate your own abilities. That could cause the downfall of the best of warriors."

"Well, even if I couldn't take you on my own. I got my friends to back me up! There's no way you could take all six of us at once!" Okay, that's it. I'm fed up with her egotistic attitude and boasting personality.

"Wanna bet?" I challenged. I heard a chorus of, "YA!"s in reply. "Fine. I'll make you a deal. If the combined power of all six of you can get me in my back in sixty seconds, I'll let one of you into my room and I'll tell you my name. If you fail then you leave without a fight. Agreed?"

"You bet!"

"Darn toot'n!"

"You're on!"

"Yes indeedilly!"

"Of course Darling."

"Yay!"

"Okay than. Your time starts now!"

Instantly I felt two hooves slam into my chest with a surprising amount of force, causing me no pain but I did lean back slightly. "Huh?" Apparently it was Rainbow Dash that hit me.

"You sound confused." I snidely replied. Ten seconds.

Rainbow Dash retreated and I soon felt two more hooves hit me in the chest with much more force than before, forcing me back a cupple feet but not onto my back. I chuckled, "Ha! That tickled!"

"How in tarnation?" 30 seconds.

I than felt magic encompass my body, lifting me of the ground. "Try and get out of this!"

"Okay." I activated my trap card, the last trick up my sleeve, and opened my eyes.

This shocked all of them and cut the levitation spells connection to the caster, dropping me back on my hooves. "Well ladies, that's sixty seconds. It appears you've lost, so get lost."

They just stood there staring in a state of shock.

This lasted about five minutes before they snapped out of it. "What are you?" The alicorn said with no small amount of fear.

"A unicorn who went through hell." I replied.

Rainbow Dash spoke next. "We- we lost."

The orange pony is the new speaker. "Well, a deal's a deal. We'll leave you alone."

I decided to give them a little treat. "Hold it." I said as they started to walk away, stopping them in there tracks. "I'll be nice and at least let us get introductions out of the way before you leave." They brightened up at that. "You start."

"Okay, well, I'm AppleJack. I manage Sweet apple acurs, home of Equestrias best apples!"

"I'm Rainbow Dash! Fastest pegasus, future wonderbolt, and only pony capable of a Sonic-Rainboom!"

"I'm Rarity. Ponyvilles best fashionista and designer extraordinaire."

"I'm Pinkie Pie! Super-duper-party-pony!"

"I'm Fluttershy."

"I'm Twilight Sparkle. Princess Celestias star protege, Ponyvilles librarian, and Princess of Magic."

Well Twilight's a liar. "Liar."

Everypony was shocked again, until Twilight spoke. "WHAT!?"

"I said you're a liar. There are only three princesses and you are not one of them." I calmly replied.

"Who are you to say? You don't know who I am!" She angrily retorted.

"Exactly." This got a confused look from all of them. "*Sigh* If you were a princess then my book would have said so."

"Huh? What book." Twilight asked.

"*Sigh* Let me just show you." I walked into my room, leaving the door open so the others can look in.

For a minute I just stood there, basking in the cool feeling thrum from the floor while listening to the light hum coming from the pedestals. After a minute I grabbed the alicorn book from the middle pedestal and left the room, closing the door behind me.

All eyes are on me now, exempt Twilights who is staring intently at the book clenched in my jaws. Her gaze followed it all the way to the ground.

" 'The Alicorn Handbook - Everything known about Alicorns'? What's this?" Twilight asked.

"It's just as the title says. It is an enchanted book with every known bit of knowledge on all six existing alicorns." I told her. "Oh, and don't try and open it. The cover is made of magic metal."

"Well, what does it say!?" She shouted, slightly panicking.

"The six ponies it talks about is Sunburst, Guardian of the living. Moonshine, Guardian of the dead. Together those two are the Guardians of fate. Then there is Princess Celestia, Goddess of the sun, Queen of the day, and Master of Diplomacy. Princess Luna, Goddess of the moon, Queen of dreams, and Master of Combat. Princess Mi Amora Cadenza, The Crystal Princess, Queen of Riches, and Master of Love."

"Then then there's you. Twilight Sparkle, Spirit of the Element of Magic and Master of Magic. The book says nothing about you being a princess."

"Wha- Hu- Bu-"

"So, nice try but you can't fool me into thinking your a princess."

And once again, the six are staring at me in shock. I looked out the window near by to see that it's dark out. "Well, you six should probably be leaving about now. It's dark and I'm sure you have family that's worried about you and/or jobs to do in the morning. With that I bid you all farewell."

"Wait, what!?" Damn it Twilight, "We are not gonna travel through the forest at night! We'll get killed!"

"Oh for the love of- *Sigh* Fine if I escort you out a here will you go?" I asked them.

"What makes you think you'll survive the night out there? Huh!?" STFU Rainbow.

"Because I walked through the forest for three and a half years and only came across one lone Timberwolf who ran with it's tail between it's legs when it saw me."

"Fine." Thank Celestia, "But only if you tell us who you are first." My right eye twitched.

"Why are you so insistent on knowing my damn name!?" Seriously Rainbow, WTF?

"I'm not going to walk though the Everfree at night with somepony I don't know."

"*Sigh* Fine. My name is Spectral Nightmare. Happy?"

"Yes. Yes I am."

"Good, then lets get a move on. I want to get this done and over with."

With that I walked towards the exit, the others following shortly after.

As we approached the archway leading to the woods we started to hear the howls of a pack of Timberwolfs. The girls started shaking behind me and huddled together while I walked forward emotionless. When I crossed under the archway the howls instantly stopped and I found myself and the girls surrounded by a half-circle of Timberwolfs.

The girls are cowering like they expect the wolfs to pounce on them at any second, but walking firewood hadn't even noticed them yet. Instead they had there eyes locked on me with a slightly fearful expression while slowly backing away, as thou slow movements would keep me from noticing what there doing. "Scram!" I shouted in a commanding tone. The all at once the wolfs bolted, turning into brown blurs.

I looked back at the girls to judge there reaction, and they were staring at me in shock again. I'm beginning to sense a reoccurring theme here... "What are you all staring at? We need to move, now." I told them, and we continued our trek.

While we walked, the girls were talking behind me about various things. Rainbow was telling Fluttershy about some new tricks, Pinkie was telling AppleJack about parties she had planed, and Twilight was talking to Rarity about magic.

This continued for a while until Twilight thought I needed to join the conversation.

"So Spectral," She began, "How much do you know about magic?"

"*Sigh* Almost everything." I replied, short and sweet.

"Oh? And why is that?" Nosy fucker.

"I've spent all my free time sense I was 7 with my muzzle in a book."

"Oh great." Rainbow commented, "Another egghead." Everypony ignored her.

"Really!?" Damn Twilight, calm down. "What originally got you interested in magic?"

Should I tell her? Oh why not. "I was born without it."

There was silence among them. I don't even think there breathing. "WHAT!?" It seems Twilight has a nice pair of lungs. "But you're a unicorn! How could you have been born without magic?! Every unicorn has magic!"

"There are exceptions to every rule Twilight, exempt rule 34. Turns out I'm one of them." Did Rainbow and Pinkie just chuckle?

"Wha- bu- ho-" I think I broke her. "O- okay. Then what types of magic do you study?"

"Well, originally I studied whatever, but my research eventually led me to the pre-classical era, and from there I got interested in dark magic."

"WHAT!!?!?!?!??!" Twilight shut the fuck up!! My ears are fucking sensitive and I like using them! "B-B-But dark magic is forbidden! You could be executed!"

I stopped in my tracks, the world around me seemed to freeze as I let that process, until I started laughing my ass off at her ignorance. "BUAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Yo-haha-your a-ahah your an idiot!! Bahahhahah!" It became immensely clear that they had no idea where my mirth came from. "Who told you that Twilight?"

"Princess Celestia herself! How can you find all this funny?"

"Because that is total bullshit! It's not illegal to study dark magic!" I told her chuckling.

"Wha-what are you saying? That you know more than the Princess?!" Damn, Twilight sure can be demanding sometimes...

"No, that's not what I'm saying at all! What I am saying is that she lied to you!" Again they were all shacked at my accusation. "What? Did think that Celestia was some perfect goddess that could never do anything wrong?"

"Well, ya." Really Pinkie? Talk about idolization...

"Well your wrong. Hell, She and Luna are millions of years old, and I know for a fact that they have committed more wrong than every other pony combined." They gasped, I'm beginning to get used to shocking them 15 times an hour. "Come on, were almost out of the forest and I don't think ya'll want to stay in here longer then you need to."

We kept walking in silence. The ponies trailing me never said a word, probably thinking about what I said about the Princesses. After a while we left the forest and started saying our goodbyes.

"So, will we ever see you again?" Twilight, why would you want to?

"Depends," I started. "Will you ever visit the castle? If so then probably, if not then no, you wont."

"Oh, okay. See you some other time than!" Twilight ended with a smile.

"Twilight, why would you ever want to see me again?" After the way I acted then I didn't think anypony would. Guess I should have been more of a dick.

"Well, I always like making new friends!"

Now it is my turn to be shocked. Somepony wants to be my friend... I thought in disbelief, Ha, ya right. That would be the day...

"I don't have, want, nor need any friends." Twilight is officially dumbstruck. "And with that I bid you adue."

It's clear she wanted to say something, but before she could some bitch thought it would be fun to blow out my eardrums.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE!!!!!!"

"AHHHHHHHHH!!"

Author's Note:

Here is another chapter!

Feedback and ideas are always welcome!