• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 348 Views, 5 Comments

The Earth-Pony Revolution (An Equestrian History Story) - Quartez



In the early days of Equestria, a town full of Earth ponies decide to split from the rest of the country.

  • ...
16
 5
 348

The Everfree Conference

Chapter Nine: "The Everfree Conference"

Things moved fast once the war was over, all the citizens of the UBBR had been told was that King Sombra had been defeated and it was all thanks to the UBBR, they were all calling it "The Great Pony-atric War".

The Ponyburo disappeared for a very short while, they went to The Castle of the Two Sisters to meet with Celestia and Luna, when they came back, Stalliongrad had been nearly rebuilt.

Furthermore, they announced that everypony could now go back to Ponyang; they returned to find it better then ever, and there was more news; the UBBR had expanded, it now controlled a great deal more territory to the north and south; so far north in fact, that it now had half of the former Crystal Empire.

Apple Scruff returned home to find that the cold had gotten worse and Sticky Wicket had been killed in the war.

There was a speech by the Ponyburo, all of them got medals, there was no mention of Sticky Wicket or any other casualties, or the intervention of Equestria's army.

Equestria was a villain again.

There were violent tales of how Celestia and Luna only fought King Sombra because they wanted to control the world and saw him as a rival.

They needed to re-arm, they needed to have a bigger army, they had gotten lucky once, but wouldn't do so again, the next time the royal sisters would be targeting them.

War seemed to be everywhere again, all the films involved war, a movie had been made about about a battle that probably never took place, some fight by marginalised Earth Ponies to fight back against the tyranny of Celestia and Luna, it was called: "The Battleship Pony-Tempkin" it ended with the unicorns marching down the steps of The Castle of the Two Sisters and blasting everybody in sight, stallion, mare, colt or filly.

There was a particularly distressing scene where the unicorns blasted a young mare and the stroller she'd been holding rolled down the steps, out of control, with the young filly still inside.

Another film had been made about the battle of Ukrein; it featured two handsome, young actors playing Iron Fist and Golden Eyes and portrayed them as great heroes, Apple Scruff didn't question it, he was unconscious for a good part of the battle, he couldn't say what actually happened there.


Great questions were already being asked about what Celestia and Luna did during the war, it was said they had won their victory through some kind of new magic called a "Sonic Rainboom", ponies were terrified, the Ponyburo claimed that the two sisters would soon turn their wrath upon the UBBR.

They claimed that the UBBR had to find out how to use these techniques themselves and defend themselves; all over Ponyang signs had been installed: "RAINBOOM SHELTER, THIS WAY".

Leaflets were being handed out, telling the ponies how to protect themselves, sirens had been installed to sound whenever the pegasi came to rainboom the UBBR, they hadn't been used except for testing purposes, when they sounded (which they did twice a month) the citizens had to run to the nearest rainboom shelter, which in Apple Scruff's case was in the local library, not far from his house.

Things had gotten better in that respect, literacy was common, thanks mainly to the work of Silver Tongue, Apple Scruff, and Big Bad John, they made all their students promise to teach at least two other ponies so that literacy would spread quickly.


Work on the Weather Factory had resumed, they were told it was an important part of Rainbooms, they didn't have to contend with the rain any-more, but the snow was getting worse, they had better carts now, but so many had been killed in the war that those who survived, however injured, needed to work even harder.

But the great trouble finally came when the Weather Factory was half complete.

Big Bad John was moving a great load of stone, repeating his mantras under his breath: "If Golden Eyes says it, It must be right, I must work harder" when suddenly, he lost his footing, his hoof slipped on the ice and he fell over, his cart tumbling with him, down the incline, into the quarry.

Apple Scruff and Ebony Eyes were with him, they screamed and ran after him.

"Are you alright?" asked Ebony Eyes

"My leg....." groaned Big Bad John.

Apple Scruff screamed again as he looked at it, it was twisted upwards in a hideously unnatural manner, it was broken.


After they called for help, two ponies from the army came and moved Big Bad John to Horseshoe Bay, they said a transport would be coming soon and left him in the hands of Apple Scruff and Ebony Eyes.

Eventually a sailing ship came,

"What's going to happen to him?" asked Apple Scruff once Big Bad John had been loaded on-board ship.

"We're taking him to the Frozen North East" the captain shouted down, "There's a hospital there."

At that moment Old Leviticus came galloping over, "HE'S LYING!" he screamed,

Apple Scruff and Ebony Eyes looked over,

"Why would they take him by sea? I heard the two soldiers talking!" Leviticus gasped "It's a trick, there is no hospital! They're selling him to the griffons! They'll kill him, make glue out of his hooves!"

The three looked over, the ship was pulling away, panic gripped them, they ran down the pier shouting all the way:

"GET OFF! JOHN! GET OFF THE SHIP! THEY'RE SENDING YOU TO YOUR DEATH!" They ran and ran, but the ship was too fast; and as it pulled away from bay it sailed straight forward, the direction in which the Kingdom of the Griffons resided.