• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 348 Views, 5 Comments

The Earth-Pony Revolution (An Equestrian History Story) - Quartez



In the early days of Equestria, a town full of Earth ponies decide to split from the rest of the country.

  • ...
16
 5
 348

Love Letter to Equestria

Chapter Twelve: "Love Letter To Equestria"


Silver Tongue and Dippy Hooves sat in the finest restaurant in the Brony Union, only those who worked for the CSS, the News Agency, the Ponyburo and foreign journalists were allowed to enter.

"Did you see that pony on the apple farm?" asked Silver Tongue

she nodded slowly.

Silver Tongue pressed on: "Did he look okay to you? Or did he look very thin and sick?"

she thought carefully before answering: "I don't know"

He sighed, and tried again: "do you remember that great line of ponies? I was lying, they weren't lining up for the newspaper, they were lining up for apples, we get three apples a day to eat, that's not a lot is it?"

she thought about this carefully: "I don't know."

He decided to try one last time, to see if this mare could understand: "Do you know what my job is?"

"You're going to show me around the Brony Union!" she said cheerfully "and it looks very nice!"

he looked around and said in a low whisper: "No, you're a reporter, your job is to tell the truth, my job is to stop you from doing your job."


Celestia and Luna listened carefully to the stallion's words, it had not been easy to escape from the UBBR

Pony Bezenov continued: "All the visitors who come are kept away from what's really going on in the UBBR, they don't see the miserable farms, the prison camps, the ponies who live in squalor, they see the places where the leaders live in luxury and come home with great stories about how the Union is a paradise"

Luna was trotting up and down, she was on edge; she had been since Pony Gagarin crossed into the mirror universe;

"What about this 'Mirror Universe'?" asked Celestia, "What did you find there?"

"We don't know. It's classified; but something followed Gagarin back. Some dark force; we don't know what, but I'm sure the Frozen North Wall wont contain it. Gagarin has been going mad. He has nightmares every night. Somepony caught him shouting at the sun, once. Needless to say, that pony didn't live long enough to tell anypony else."

Celestia added this to her growing list of worries, some dark force marauding around Equestria like a nightmare given form.

Celestia pressed on: "are they trying to keep us from fighting in the griffon war?"

he nodded: "Yes, but there's more, he provoked that war and he wants to use the same tactics to conquer Equestria, he wants your citizens to look favourably upon the UBBR, they must see it as better then their own country or at least, a nice place to live. He wants ponies rejecting your rule, rioting in the streets and then? He'll do to you what he did to the dragons, what he's doing to the griffons, he'll send in the armies claiming that he's only trying to help, then he'll conquer your country and turn it into part of the union. Bow-Zey-Fang, the leader of the dragons is working for him, when he's finished with the griffons then Vlad will be in power, you're at war, your majesty, it's a war of ideas and you're not even fighting."



Silver Tongue hadn't seen much of Apple Scruff or anypony else since his work at the news agency started.

He looked through the drawers of Golden Eyes' desk cautiously, if he was sighted it was all over and there was no telling what would happen to him.

Suddenly he heard hoof steps, from outside.

It was too late, there was no good running out there, it looked like he wouldn't be escaping to Equestria after all, he hoped Lustre's mission had gone better as the door opened and the guard glared at him:

"Drop it."

He complied.

"Silver Tongue, you are under arrest for the crime of espionage"

Silver Tongue knew this was going to happen eventually, he trotted foreword in surrender. On the floor was the last document he examined, it would mean nothing to Equestria, but it would be world-shattering news to any citizen of the UBBR.

It was a personal letter from Golden Eyes to Moody Blue in answer to a previous letter which asked: "What are we becoming?" it simply said: "We're like Celestia now."