• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 348 Views, 5 Comments

The Earth-Pony Revolution (An Equestrian History Story) - Quartez



In the early days of Equestria, a town full of Earth ponies decide to split from the rest of the country.

  • ...
16
 5
 348

Pegaus Sharks! We'll Keep Our Eyes Peeled!

Chapter Four: "Pegasus Sharks! We'll Keep Our Eyes Peeled!"


Far off in the west, our foes now are gathering,

The Earth Pony state, they'd surround!

Again thunder booms from the city of Cloudsdale,

we're going to win this time round!

As the cheery music blared and the rain drummed on the roof of Salt-Lick Cottage, the entire village stood and stared at the screen; it showed flickery, sepia toned, sped-up footage of Earth Ponies working tirelessly, with an enthusiasm nopony in the village had.

The footage was interspersed with cartoons of trains labelled "UBBR", which seemed to grow larger and larger as the film went on.

To factories, to farms and to horse-carts!

In sunshine our halyards fly!

O'er the world's oceans and countries,

The flag of the ponies raised high!

A crude cartoon of Cloudsdale appeared on-screen, populated only by a giant, ugly caricature of a pegasus, with fanged teeth, fiery eyes and ludicrously sharp wings; a few ponies gasped, clearly they had never seen a real-life pegasus and thought that this was an accurate representation.

The cartoon pegasus looked over at the hard working Earth ponies and suddenly became violent; she struck the UBBR with lightening bolts, destroying little cartoon trains and factories.

So bolder and heartier in fiery tempo,

with science, with struggle, with toil!

Until all the world will be stormed by the ponies,

who'll drive all our foes from it's soil!

The footage of the Earth ponies working was paused, then the pegasus appeared on screen, looking very smug indeed, she squeezed her lips together, narrowed her eyes and pressed her hooves to her cheeks and a caption appeared on screen: "A BREAK IN DIPLOMATIC RELATIONS!"

To factories, to farms and to horse-carts!

in sunshine our halyards fly!

O'er the world's oceans and countries!

The flag of the ponies raised high!

The pegasus appeared again, wearing an indescribably smug face, her eyebrow was cocked and she was smiling out of the corner of her mouth; then she held up a piece of paper labelled "ULTIMATUM" and handed it to somepony off-screen.

A caption appeared: "CLOUDSDALE DELIVERS AN ULTIMATUM" it gave way to a second: "AND OUR RESPONSE?" a cartoon hoof could be seen holding the message, which then flew apart, the pieces reforming into an army of Earth ponies who charged forth.

So let the storm-clouds rage,

and surge with the pegasai tide!

So forward you Earth-ponies,

forward you soldiers;

forward Earth-ponies with pride!

To factories, to farms and to horse-carts!

in sunshine our halyards fly!

O'er the world's oceans and countries!

The flag of the ponies raised high!

The screen then showed another cartoon; a group of Earth ponies building a huge structure: "WE MUST BUILD OUR OWN WEATHER FACTORY!"

The screen then showed footage Earth-ponies working hard at drawing blueprints, mainly Golden Eyes, Iron Fist, Moody Blue and Paint Palette.


To factories, to farms and to horse-carts!

in sunshine our halyards fly!

O'er the world's oceans and countries!

The flag of the ponies raised high!


The cartoon pegasus was on-screen again, hiding her face under her wing in fear, the image was captioned: "WE BEAT THE PEGASI WITH OUR ARMY, NOW WE'LL BEAT THEM WITH OUR TECHNOLOGY!"

The next image was a cartoon Earth-pony laughing, she stopped, pointed at the screen and a caption appeared: "HAVE YOU JOINED THE CONSTRUCTION ARMY?"

The final scene showed the cartoon pegasus, now crying her eyes out.

To factories, to farms and to horse-carts!

in sunshine our halyards fly!

O'er the world's oceans and countries!

The flag of the ponies raised high!

The film ended and the lights came on, and Golden Eyes, Moody Blue, Paint Palette and Iron Fist took the stage.

Iron Fist was still wearing his helmet and medal; neither he nor the others on stage looked nearly as tired as the rest of the ponies who were assembled in the room.

"Well" said Golden Eyes, "I think Paint Palette's film said it all; if we're going to stop the rain we need to build our own weather factory, any questions?"

A number of hooves went into the air, (more then half of then, Apple Scruff suspected, were simply going to ask what those captions said) Golden Eyes pointed at one:

"How are we going to do that?"

Golden Eyes responded vaguely: "We have ways, there are kinds of machines which can do a pegasi's job"

"But who's going to design these machines?"

Golden Eyes simply told him: "Me, Iron Fist, Moody Blue and Paint Palette have done so, we have many years of experience in designing machines and organising ponies."

Apple Scruff was more then a little taken aback, Moody Blue was a clothing designer and Paint Palette was an artist; none of these ponies knew anything about machines as far as he knew.

Perhaps they had read a book on it?

Maybe Electron Shell was helping, she was the only one who seemed to really understand all this "science" stuff, But he didn't dare speak up.

If this rain didn't stop it was going to leach all the nutrients from the soil, they'd never grow anything ever again.

This machine was going to work, it had to.

Everypony else was either thinking the same thing or they didn't know enough to question Golden Eyes because nobody spoke, it seemed to have just been agreed that this was going to happen because it had to.

With that, Golden Eyes called an end to the meeting and everypony began to file out.

Apple Scruff approached Golden Eyes and Iron Fist and called out to them, they turned to face him:

"Yes, Apple Scruff?" asked Golden Eyes

"I just wanted to ask about the Weather Factory, can we really do it?"

"Yes" was the simple answer.

Not daring to insult his friends by questioning their idea he found himself saying:

"Well, I'll help, of course, anything you need"

"That's great, you can take any job you wish"

Apple Scruff thought about it, he had no idea what kind of things this might involve and which part could he possibly be qualified to fill?

Come to it, what was Golden Eyes doing?

Apart from the fact he could read, he wasn't any more qualified then Apple Scruff.

"Well, what are you doing?"

"I'm director" said Golden Eyes briefly.

Apple Scruff had no idea what a "director" was, but it sounded very important.

"Well-" begun Apple Scruff but before he could continue Golden Eyes was on his way out:

"just show up to the construction site at four am tomorrow" he muttered as he left.

"We may need you before that" said Iron Fist vaguely as he left.