• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 348 Views, 5 Comments

The Earth-Pony Revolution (An Equestrian History Story) - Quartez



In the early days of Equestria, a town full of Earth ponies decide to split from the rest of the country.

  • ...
16
 5
 348

Ignorance is Strength

Chapter Eleven: "Ignorance is Strength"

Over the course of the next year things changed rapidly in the UBBR, another speech was called; a new organisation had been formed to protect the UBBR: It was called the "Commissariat for State Security" or "CSS", Iron Fist was to head the organisation.

Simultaneously, another new organisation had been formed: "The News Agency", now that most of Ponyang was literate, they deserved a newspaper to deliver information, it would also make films, it was headed by a mare named Kino Pravda; the newspapers and films told the same old story: The Royal Sisters were evil, the UBBR had enough food, everybody was happy; the Weather Factory was doing just fine, but the Cloudsdale Weather factory was a dangerous, badly constructed place and it's industrial run-off was killing the pegasi of Equestria.

Apple Scruff was feeling very sorry for Iron Fist; "he must be very busy" thought Apple Scruff and he was sure the stress of what was happening was getting to him.

Apple Scruff had seen Iron Fist recently and asked if he had eaten; true, Iron Fist was fatter then ever, but one could never be sure about such things anymore; the food supply had dried up since the Frozen North wall had been built and most ponies had lost a lot of weight.

The newspapers had already explained why: Equestria had employed teams of pegasi to drop Vampire Fruit Bats, Parasprites and Star Spiders on the UBBR's farms to kill all the crops.

Posters were everywhere showing pictures of pegasi air-dropping bats or Star-Spiders.

Their were posters of Parasprites with the Equestrian flag on them swarming the farms, Iron Fist grumpily refused Apple Scruff's generous offer to share his own, limited, food with his friend and Apple Scruff trotted away sadly, wishing this silly war with Equestria would end so that his friend could relax and stop being so serious all the time.

In truth Apple Scruff didn't care about victory, he just wanted peace with Equestria and so did the rest of the UBBR; the newspapers were full of stories about Princess Celestia and Luna angrily rejecting offers of peace, but even so, Apple Scruff thought back to the siege of Stalliongrad and couldn't help but feel that even if all Equestrians were rotten, he would always be grateful for that day.

Apple Scruff didn't need to ask Iron Fist any questions anymore, luckily, the newspapers were answering everybody's questions, Big Bad John had been taken to a hospital and died there; the only reason the ship seemed to be headed towards the griffons was because prevailing winds had forced it to adjust course, Old Leviticus was just crazy and he had been taken away to a hospital until he got better.

Electron Shell was working for King Sombra all along, that was why she disappeared, Apple Scruff was very betrayed by this, he was spending a lot of time with Rose Garden, but he felt nopony could replace Electron Shell.

Rose Garden definitely wasn't working for Celestia or Luna, that, Apple Scruff could be sure of because she joined him everyday and helped him search the farms for evidence of vermin, air-dropped by Equestria; they frequently found food that had a slight rainbow tinge to it, or water that seemed to have a rainbow sheen on it as if it had been mixed with oil, this, they had been told was the tell tale mark of infestation and they always reported it.




The Weather Factory had been finished and was working well, despite what Electron Shell used to say, this was proof, Apple Scruff constantly had to remind himself, that despite what he wanted to think, Electron Shell never deserved his friendship.

the UBBR had also managed to enter another universe, not many details were made public, but apparently a UBBR citizen named: "Pony Gagarin" had been selected to go through a magic-mirror, he came back with strange tales of creatures who stood on two legs all the time and had deformed hooves.

This had made Equestria very worried, they were loosing the race to the mirror universe and they had started teaching very complicated magic and science to their fillies and colts in the hope of trying to create a generation of super-geniuses.

Apparently it wasn't working very well, Apple Scruff laughed at the thought of a pony trying to teach her students things which she hadn't even learned, he stopped when he thought about it too much, the idea of a mare trying to explain something very complicated made him think of his conversations with Electron Shell.

There was apparently a war in the Dragon kingdom, the Dragons had been inspired by the example of the UBBR and had chosen to create a similar society; their leaders were trying to stop it, UBBR had already sent troops over to calm the situation and Equestria had sent it's own troops over, it was trying to take over the country for it's own ends.

Luckilly the Equestrians were defeated and UBBR was nice enough to make the Dragon kingdom part of the UBBR; so that they could be protected against more Equestrian threats.

Finally, the UBBR now had the Rainboom, Apple Scruff was awed by the footage which was shown in the theatre, it showed a pegasus swooping down onto a target and then zooming up, resulting in a great big rainbow cloud shaped like a mushroom.

Now they didn't have to worry about Equestria threatening them, if Equestria sent it's pegasi to Rainboom Ponyang, they could fight back with Rainbooms of their own.

The food supply got better as time went on and the UBBR got more cities: Horsesaw, Cherponyl, The Neigh-Sung Industrial District, but there was a lot of important things across the UBBR so the CCS decided that nopony could leave their home city without permission, it was a sensible policy, thought Apple Scruff and Rose Garden.

Things were looking up, apart from the cold which was worse then ever, but soon, everything would be fine, they were sure.


Equestrians had begun visiting the Brony Union, that's what Apple Scruff had heard, but he'd never seen any of them with his own eyes, of course, the newspapers explained this: why would somepony come all the way from Equestria just to see a silly old farm?

They already had farms in Equestria, the visitors wanted to see big, important things like the Weather Factory, this was good enough for Apple Scruff.

Although, one day, he saw Silver Tounge and an Equestrian Unicorn (and she must have been Equestrian because she was wearing clothes) she was purple and had a white mane, her eyes were a little strange looking. He waved at her, she waved back.