• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 348 Views, 5 Comments

The Earth-Pony Revolution (An Equestrian History Story) - Quartez



In the early days of Equestria, a town full of Earth ponies decide to split from the rest of the country.

  • ...
16
 5
 348

The Revolution Will Not Be Realised

Chapter Fourteen: "The Revolution Will Not Be Realised"

Half a year had passed since what ponies were now calling: "The Everfree Crisis", Iron Fist had agreed to get rid of his airbases if the princesses moved further away from the Frozen North Wall, which ment abandoning The Castle of the Two Sisters.

But something had happened.

All the citizens of the UBBR heard was that Celestia's lust for power had reached grotesque new heights, she had banished her own sister to the moon to secure more power from herself and was now living in a decadent castle where the former Camp Canterlot had been.

Equestria had apparently found someway of entering the alternative universe, it was reliable and could be used many times a year, it seemed as if Equestria had truly won the race.

But the Ponyburo was apparently no-longer interested in such research.

After banishing her sister Celestia had created her own answer to the Horsesaw pact, it was called the "UEP Guard" which stood for "Unicorn, Earth pony and Pegasus", their was already an elite unit of this army called "The Wonderbolts" and anti-Equestrian propaganda was reaching an all-time high.


The snow had not let up at all, it was still getting worse and worse, Apple Scruff hadn't seen Rose Garden in a long time, but he had long since learned that questions got you nowhere, dissapeared ponies were gone for good.

Iron Fist soon issued an order, there was a speech to be given outside the Ponyburo building and attendance was mandatory, Apple Scruff struggled through the snow which was now up to his chest and stood there, with all the others, his war-wound aching terribly.

A platform had been built over the snow with steps leading up to it a mare stepped foreward, and begun to sing:

Pray to him, the source of all our wisdom,

long may he live, the ruler of our land,

Golden Eyes, mighty leader! Mighty leader watching from a-far!

Golden Eyes, mighty leader! Mighty leader watching from a-far!

At that moment a dozen ponies came marching forth in military uniforms, they were wearing the same type of cap as Iron Fist, as well as a grey jackets, shirts and ties, they joined in:

Come to us and bless us with your smile!

Teach us how, to be as kind as you!

Golden Eyes, mighty leader! Golden eyes, mighty leader!

Mighty leader, watching from a-far!

Somehow, it was getting bigger, the flag of the UBBR had been unfurled behind the singer, there were more ponies in miliary uniform now, marching in perfect unison, singing, shouting...

Royal horse, you bless us with your beauty!

Hallowed horse, how wonderous is your glow!

Golden Eyes, mighty leader!

Mighty leader watching from a-far!

Everypony's attention was swept upwards to the balcony, the ponyburo stepped forth, there was Golden Eyes, he wore a red cloak, and more jewelry then Celestia or Luna ever wore.

There was a pair of ornate, golden wings attached to the back of his cloak and an ornate helmet made of solid gold with a unicorn's horn between the eyes.

Moody Blue and Paint Palette were wearing Equal amounts of jewelry and Iron Fist was dressed like the military ponies, but with far more medals.

The military ponies were chanting now: "GOL-DEN-EYES! GOL-DEN-EYES!" the citizens joined in, except Apple Scruff who was too shocked to speak; he just stood there, surrounded by hundreds of ponies and soldigers, all of them shouting the praises of Golden Eyes and then, as Golden Eyes raised his hoof, it stopped.

He spoke into the microphone: "Citizens of the UBBR! Never again will we be threatened by our enemies! I decree that my empire shall devote itself entirely to the making of weapons! To the building of walls! For the protection of ourselves and our way of life! The Revolution is over. ALL PONIES ARE NOW FREE!"

He raised his hoof to a chorus of cheers and applause and as he did so dozens and dozens of pegasi swooped over head; Golden Eyes' airforce.

The noise was deafening.

Apple Scruff looked at the Ponyburo, well-attired, well-fed, standing inside a palace.

Then he looked at his fellow citizens, naked, hungry, cold.

he looked at the snowstorm which continued to rage.

Something Apple Scruff had been ignorant of, something hiding behind a desire to think the best of his friends, was making itself known.

One quiet word escaped his lips: "Free?"