• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 348 Views, 5 Comments

The Earth-Pony Revolution (An Equestrian History Story) - Quartez



In the early days of Equestria, a town full of Earth ponies decide to split from the rest of the country.

  • ...
16
 5
 348

Sunrise in Ponyang

Chapter Eighteen: "Sunrise in Ponyang"

They all looked at each other and nodded.

Celestia opened the door, beyond was a crystal throne room.

Golden Eyes sat upon his throne, he was still wearing that horned helmet.

He was flanked by Iron Fist, Moody Blue and Paint Palette.

"Your reign is at an end" said Celestia "And it wasn't short enough, surrender now and you won't be harmed."

"I cannot be harmed" said Golden Eyes in a voice which echoed around the crystal chamber, "I am the one true ruler of Equestria, my rule shall stand for a thousand years."

Celestia was undaunted: "Your fate shall be decided in the courts."

"I am the courts."

He pointed at Iron Hoof: "He is the armies." He pointed at Paint Palette:

"She is the mind of the people." Then he pointed at Moody Blue:

"And she is their heart, we are Equestria now. All live and die for us. We more eternal then the sun itself."

"Not quite!" exclaimed Celestia; a blast of golden light erupted from her horn and was met by a blast of pure darkness from the horn of Golden Eyes.

The others stood there, open mouthed in shock.

An Earth pony using magic.

How much had he learned from the works of Sombra?

"There must be unicorns somewhere in this building powering that helmet" thought Electron Shell.

The others attacked; beams of fire erupted from the eyes of Moody Blue and Paint Palette.

The ponies dived for cover; but Apple Scruff wasn't fast enough, one of the beams was flying right towards him.

He froze, memories of Stalliongrad coming back in full force.

At that moment Speed Racer blasted forward snatching him out of the way:

"That's two you owe me now, Apple-flank!" she quipped dropping him behind a pillar.

The ponies leapt and ducked trying to escape the blasts, Lustre and Electron Shell fighting back with blasts of their own.

Apple Scruff turned his back on the pillar ,closed his eyes and said simply:

"Forgive me, Iron Fist."

He bucked, knocking out a piece of the pillar and sending it towards Iron Fist.

Iron Fist raised his hoof and the piece of debris stopped; in mid-air.

As if it was being levitated by a unicorn.

In his booming voice he said simply:

"For a moment, Apple Scruff but your moment is passing."

Then he hurled it back, Apple Scruff dived out of the way.

He looked up, the ceiling was collapsing; a great part of it was about to fall on Speed Racer.

He dived knocking her out of the way.

Then, he smiled and said:

"Now it's just one!"


They leapt up and resumed the fight, the walls were falling apart.

And something was trying to force it's way in.

A horrible ghostly hoof, titanic in size, looking like it was made of coldness itself.

It was reaching towards the throne.

It looked as if Golden Eyes' evil was finally backfiring on him.

Just then a blast from Lustre's horn hit something behind the throne; it looked like a mirror, built into the wall and it shattered.

Electron Shell's eyes widened, why hadn't she noticed it before?

The portal to the other universe.

Electron Shell didn't know the exact details, but it was clear that this was some pivotal part of Golden Eyes' unnatural power.


Golden Hoof's glowing scarlet eyes narrowed.

His knees buckled.

The blast from his horn faltered.

The beam of golden light hit him and he fell to the ground.

His body was cracking; so were the other members of the Ponyburo; green light and purple smoke were hissing out from the cracks.

Now that the portal was gone; they were falling apart from within.

And so was the building.

Great chunks of masonry rained down from the ceiling; whatever dark power kept them together was also keeping the building together.

Now that is was gone, they were both falling apart.


"EVERYPONY, RUN!" shouted Celestia.

They ran for the exit.

As soon as Celestia and her army were clear, that ghostly hoof appeared again blocking the exit.

The Ponyburo bounced off it as they tried to exit, they were trapped.

Celestia and the others put their own hoof through and tried to pull the others free, but it was no good.

Their hooves passed through the Ponyburo as if they were made of air.

Whatever they had done, whatever darkness they had embraced had rendered them beyond saving.

No force in the world could pull them free from that collapsing building.

Or stop their bodies from breaking apart.

They had no choice;

"There's nothing we can do!" shouted Speed Racer "Run!"

Reluctantly they turned and ran.

Out of the door, out of the building and emerged into the sunshine.

The snowstorm had stopped.

The snow was contracting towards the Ponyburo building, everypony had left their house to watch.

As the circle of snow pulled towards the building, they saw something circling it, pearly white, giant horses with dead eyes.

They circled tighter and tighter, snow piling up around the building.

There was a horrible noise and burst of dark purple smoke and something which sounded like a ghostly voice wailing: "CRYSTALS!"

When the smoke cleared; it was all gone.

The Ponyburo building was gone and the sun shined in the village.