• Published 1st Aug 2015
  • 348 Views, 5 Comments

The Earth-Pony Revolution (An Equestrian History Story) - Quartez



In the early days of Equestria, a town full of Earth ponies decide to split from the rest of the country.

  • ...
16
 5
 348

The Birth of a Nation

Chapter Three: "The Birth of a Nation"

When Apple Scruff did wake-up he was in a bed with Electron Shell bandaging his flank, "I didn't know you were a doctor" he muttered

"I'm not, but the few doctors we have are busy."

"There must have been a lot of injuries", Apple Scruff thought to himself, he looked outside, it was raining heavily

"The pegasi left a bunch of rain clouds over the village" explained Electron Shell.

Apple Scruff looked over at the other beds in the room, two were occupied; a yellow earth pony with a brown mane and green eyes who had a bandage around his back left leg; and another earth pony with brown hair and a grey coat, this one had brown eyes and his right foreleg was in a sling.

"Sticky Wicket" said the first, in response to his unasked question.

"Ebony Eyes" said the second.

Apple Scruff smiled at his new friends, he was well aware that he must look ridiculous with his flank covered in bandages, but before he could even joke about it then somepony entered the room:

"All war-wounded in the hall as soon as possible".

Electron Shell had already finished the bandage, and so they all struggled to their feet and out the room.



The four took their seats in the hall, there didn't appear to be many other wounded, Apple only saw two other ponies who were injured, Earth ponies, were, after-all, tough.

Apple was a little exited, he couldn't help wonder why he had been called to the hall, he began to wonder: was he going to be asked to go on stage?

Maybe even get a medal?

At that moment, Golden Eyes and Iron Fist entered from the left side of the stage, with Paint Palette and Moody Blue, she was Golden Eyes' wife and had a white coat and an electric blue mane.

Golden Eyes spoke: "My fellow ponies, the battle was long and hard, I myself am not much of a public speaker, I began with but a vision and if you were to tell me, even just a few days ago that I would now be speaking to you all, having played a pivotal role in our victory-"

Apple Scruff didn't recall seeing Golden Eyes at the battle at all, had he appeared after Apple Scruff passed out?

"But we are only so good as those who assist us and so, I would like to present this medal of meritorious conduct to Iron Fist, for his decisive role in our victory."

Everypony stomped their hooves upon the ground in approval, those few with injuries were careful not to aggravate them.

"I would also like to thank all our soldiers, especially those who (despite injuries) did their part."

There was more stomping, Apple Scruff would never admit it but he was betrayed, confused; as far as he could see it was only him, Sticky Wicket and Ebony Eyes and those two others who had been injured in the line of duty, was it too much trouble to mention five names?

Perhaps even invite them on stage to talk?

But Golden Eyes had already moved on, he went on and on talking as did Iron Fist, they verbally meandered about their childhoods, their plans for the revolution, their hope for the future; Apple Scruff did manage to pick up the important points: The village was to be divided into several sections which would all cooperate and trade with each other; they were no longer Ukrein,

"we have achieved the first stage of Trotsky's plans, and we shall have a new name to honour this fact, "The Union of Brony Brotherhood Republics".

There was a brief pause before somepony asked: "What's a 'brony'?"

Golden Eyes answered: "A brony is a combination of 'brother' and 'pony' to remind us all that we are all brothers."

"Even the mares?" asked Lustre,

Golden Eyes responded: "We are all united in brotherly love, we considered using the word 'pegasisters' but we felt that this was absurd, first: because the pegasi, by-and-large are our enemies and second: because 'Pegasisters' sounds utterly ridiculous"

this, everypony agreed upon, it was better to expand the word 'Brony' to include mares then to call them something ludicrous like 'pegasister', which did not have much of a ring to it.

"Our new nation may be called the UBBR to save time" continued Golden Eyes "and now, we shall conclude this meeting with a performance of our new national anthem."

The four on stage stood up and began to sing:

Ponies of the world, we shall unite!

We've nothing to lose but our chains,

together, we shall pool out might,

and brake loose from our reins!

Our dreams shall not be broken,

Our vision Can never die!

Our allies shall be woken,

our flag shall forever fly!

Our allies shall be woken,

our flag shall forever fly!

At the end of the song there was mass cheering, and the flag was unfolded, it was most likely the work of Paint Palette, it consisted of a red background with a yellow hoof, crossed over a yellow sickle, hooves and crude farm implements, the tools of the trade for Earth ponies.