• Published 18th Apr 2015
  • 2,885 Views, 49 Comments

Do Your Job, Luna! - Yukito



Princess Celestia wants Princess Luna to do her job for once.

  • ...
12
 49
 2,885

Do Your Job, Luna! - 4

A knock came at Luna’s door. Luna groaned and climbed out of her bed, throwing her bag of potato chips to the side. She cleaned up her mane and straightened her crown. Whoever was bothering her had better have had a good reason…

“Sister,” Celestia greeted as the door opened.

“Oh, hey, Celestia,” Luna replied with a smile, rushing outside so that she could hide her mess of a room from her sister’s sight. “What brings you here so late?”

“I have a job for you.”

Luna’s eye twitched. “O-Oh?”

“You see, there’s civil dispute in Manehatten. The weather ponies are protesting and not doing their jobs and the unicorns feel they’re being underpaid for their service, so there’s no magic either.”

“Sounds like a job for their mayor,” Luna said.

“Riots have broken out and the Royal Guard have had to evacuate him,” Celestia explained. “Normally I would go myself to ease the situation, but I’m afraid that Blueblood’s nephew is having a bad dream and needs my immediate attention.”

Luna frowned. “You think that trumps a-” She stopped herself and bit her lip. “I-I mean, I would love to go, but I can’t.”

“Oh?”

“Y-Yeah. There’s a colt in Ponyville who has a crush on a filly-”

“Oh yes, young Pipsqueak. I’m so glad that Twilight was able to help him out.”

“… What?”

“You see, Luna, I care for my subjects, too. And I have my own way of dealing with unexpected problems.” Celestia gave a challenging grin that said ‘your move’.

Luna grunted. “W-What I meant to say was that there’s a filly who shoplifted some candy and is feeling guilty about it-”

Celestia giggled. “Twilight and Twist did look cute together. Almost like sisters.”

“Oh? That too? Then I suppose I can now help that one colt who can’t get any sleep-”

“Don’t you worry,” Celestia said, laying a hoof on her sister’s shoulder. “Twilight assured me that little Pound Cake has received plenty of warm milk and is now sleeping like… well, a baby.”

“… Touché, Sister,” Luna said after a long moment of silence.

“Well, now that all of those terrible problems are taken care of, perhaps you could spare a moment for this minor little trivial civil war in Manehatten?”

Luna huffed and walked past her sister. “But it’s harrrrrrrd.”

“Too bad! Now do your job or so help me Twilight will replace you!”

Luna stopped and turned to her sister with a shocked look on her face. She then tapped her chin in thought and asked, “Does that mean I get her job of sitting in a library reading books all day?”

Celestia’s mane ignited as she shot a fierce glare at her sister. “GO!” she bellowed, with such force that her sister almost lost her hoofing. With a sheepish grin, Luna nodded her head and teleported out of the castle. Celestia sighed and walked down the castle’s hallway, a proud, victorious look on her face.

“Princess Celestia, Princess Celestia!” Celestia stopped and turned to face her advisor, rushing towards her with sweat dripping down his face and his mane in disarray. “Emergency, Princess! There’s a monster stomping across Equestria, and it’s about to trample of Detrot!”

“I understand,” Celestia said, extending her wings. “Send Twilight at once!”

“Right, I’ll- … What?” Before he knew it, Celestia was gone, and he was alone in the hallway. With a sigh, the stallion began to write a letter to Twilight.

Comments ( 23 )

Wow you just covered Luna's entire character problem in one title.

Nice

“Emergency, Princess! There’s a monster stomping across Equestria, and it’s about to trample of Detrot!”

It's Detrot. Who cares.

I loved how Celestia just trounced Luna at her own game before showing her own brand of hypocrisy in the end :rainbowlaugh: This was a good read

What else is Twilight for?

Just get a couple more Princesses and Celestia and Luna can just relax all day.

5878669

That was me posting that comment :P

Luna is the princess version of Scott Pilgrim.

Hate to sound like a nitpick, but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me:
You typed "Princess Luna don't care." in the title page description. Did you mean 'doesn't'? I've made countless ones like that myself, and appreciate when people point them out nicely. I figured I'd try the same.

5883283 My apologies. I am not familiar with many of those.

Congrats on your 90th story! XD

This was a joy to preread, and read over again. Luna is best Honey Princess. xD

“I have a job for you.”

I do too. Right here! <points at crotch> The zipper on these pants is busted. Can you wave your horn and fix it Luna?

“Emergency, Princess! There’s a monster stomping across Equestria, and it’s about to trample of Detrot!”
“I understand,” Celestia said, extending her wings. “Send Twilight at once!”

Called it! Was this whole fic a set up for that one line? That was good, very unexpected.

5886066

Now usually I would be the first to accuse Celestia of massive incompetency and passing off her workload on other ponies (mostly TwiTwi), but in the case of Discord I have to be fair: she could no longer use the EoH and thus was powerless against him.

... Now what we SHOULD point out is that she had no excuse not to help the M6 find them.

“I understand,” Celestia said, extending her wings. “Send Twilight at once!”

“Right, I’ll- … What?” Before he knew it, Celestia was gone, and he was alone in the hallway. With a sigh, the stallion began to write a letter to Twilight.

Hypocritical much, Sunbutt?

Luna huffed and walked past her sister. “But it’s harrrrrrrd.”

...Adorable

5886386 Dear Twilight

Please help me find a better paying job.

Sincerely,
Random Pony.

5890460 Exactly what I mean. A true righteous Leader does not lead through trickery, deception, making every man an outlaw so gain blackmail...

5889013

You give Celestia entirely to much credit. She doesn't do that when sending off Twilight and the Mane 6 to god level threats. If she says anything at all it's like, "This is [insert name]. Here's where he's located, deal with it."

It's her fill in the blank quest dialog for everything from Dragons to Sombra. Otherwise she says, "Hey! It'll be a good idea to go to X place. Don't stress the details."

5894453

Then the tree got bored and decided to send her on a fetch quest, so it could give her the worst castle in the world (but Hey! It's a tree not an archetecht, nor an interior designer). So it could just send her to even more vague doom with less information that Celestia had the habit of giving.

So in a way, Celestia's gross negligence on training and prepairing civies for combat situations turned out for the best. Since they are used to it by now and aren't bogged down by such things as safety, or knowing what's going on, or being told just what god level threat / fridge horror / monster they are supposed to deal with.

5894395

Yeah, they kinda have to be long to make sure all bases are covered and minimise the risk of people abusing them/finding loopholes to legally harm society. A short law is a vague law, and a vague law won't stand up in court.

And Celestia's hypocrisy shines through in the end!

“Too bad! Now do your job or so help me Twilight will replace you!”

Luna stopped and turned to her sister with a shocked look on her face. She then tapped her chin in thought and asked, “Does that mean I get her job of sitting in a library reading books all day?”

:rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment