• Published 5th Apr 2015
  • 1,104 Views, 9 Comments

Pony Immortal - VectorSprite



What will Twilight do now that she's immortal? What would anypony do?

  • ...
4
 9
 1,104

Trixie: Peace

Twilight had touched many ponies lives, even before she was an alicorn. One such life was that of Trixie Lulamoon. Like many of Twilight’s would be rivals, Trixie was was shown a better way by Twilight, and in time they had grown fond of each other. Despite their mutual respect Trixie never outgrew her desire to prove herself to be Twilight’s better, a proclamation all the more dubious due to Twilight’s ascension. Even in the face of a perceived impossibility Trixie never faltered in her belief that she could succeed. Twilight found such gumption charming, and indeed over the centuries she looked for that quality in other ponies. Sometimes Twilight thought it was something Trixie taught her to look for, but other times she thought she only looked for it because she missed her.

Trixie was probably the pony who was closest to Twilight that wouldn't live as long as her. It was painful seeing her grow old, and Twilight often wanted to extend her life the same as her other friends, but she knew without an element of harmony that wasn't possible.

Twilight may not have been able to make Trixie live longer but Twilight couldn't do nothing. There was no way to bring Trixie’s youth back, but there was another way, the Mirror that acted as a gateway to the parallel universe of humans. Twilight took her into the otherworld where time worked differently, and Trixie found herself not only transformed to another species, but also once again young. They both traveled within that dimension’s world, visiting the parallel landmarks. After that Twilight introduced her to Sunset Shimmer, a pony who’s story and relationship with Twilight mirrored her own.

The time eventually came for Twilight to head back and she left Trixie behind with the intent to once again cheat death. In this new world there wasn't magic like there was in Equestria, but they still had a kind of magic in illusion stage magic. Trixie studied it and when Twilight would visit she would perform what she had learned.

Trixie’s performances would get more elaborate month after month for an entire year, until finally Trixie put on a full magic show human stile. Twilight was astonished at how much Trixie had learned in the short time she lived there, and at the finally Twilight was baffled by the final trick. She could not comprehend how such a thing could be possible without Equestrian magic. When Twilight told Trixie this, Trixie told her she was ready to go home.

“Why?” Twilight asked. “You could have an entire lifetime here. If you go back, you’ll go back to the age you where.”

Trixie smiled and said “don’t you see, I’ve finally achieved what I’ve always wanted, I’ve surpassed the Great Princess Twilight in magic. Stumping you is an achievement I’ll never surpass. I’m satisfied with my life, and I can go with no regrets.” And with that they both returned to Equestria.

Twilight of course didn’t know but Trixie actually had help with her shows. It was the Trixie from the other world. She instructed Trixie in exchange for her assistance in her own performances. A perfect double who no one knew of was a dream come true for any stage magician. They lived and worked together in the year that the Equestria Trixie had been in the other world. Living with a younger version of herself Trixie had all of her own character flaws displayed to her, especially her narcissism. She learned a lot about herself and how she had grown as a pony thanks to Twilight. She now knew just how insufferable she had been in her youth.

The other Trixie hated the idea of Trixie leaving, in effect losing one of her most valuable assets, but she knew that she had to go in order for the illusion to be complete. If Trixie would stay then Twilight would eventually find out how the trick was done. They were both dedicated enough to the craft to know it had to be done, even if it meant one of them would die.

Of course the Equestrian Trixie had pretty much had enough of herself. Before leaving she asked Sunset Shimmer if she would try and do for this world’s Trixie what Twilight had done for the both of them. Sunset was humbled to be asked to fulfill the role of Twilight, but Trixie was confident that she was capable, after all she knew how good a teacher she had.

Back in Equestria Trixie lived happily until the end of her days. Long ago Twilight had been so terrified of living to see her friends die she cast a life changing spell on them all without any regard for the consequences. When Trixie died she realized that despite her efforts the thing she feared had come anyway. It was painful, but from this loss Twilight learned to accept it and move on. For everything Twilight had taught Trixie, in the end it was Trixie who taught her this final lesson.

Comments ( 1 )

Seriously ,why does twilight has to be so kind?

Login or register to comment