• Published 1st Mar 2015
  • 501 Views, 23 Comments

My Friends Will be With me. - kennel hoof



Twilight and her friends is having a party in Twilights castle. but something isnt right.

  • ...
9
 23
 501

Rainbow Dash (chapter 5)

The sound of hoofsteps echoed through the stairway leading down to the room were the other of Twilight and Rainbow´s friends were sitting, Twilight walked behind Rainbow with her horn glowing so the steps were visible to them.
“So how long have you known about this place Twilight, and how did you find it in the first place?”

“Well when I was looking for some clues to were our friends could have gone, I stumbled upon this hallway and a room at the end of it. I found a map that seems to show the location for all of us. I think it have something to do with the magic from when we had the Elements of Harmony.”
Twilight bit her lip slightly. She was worried that Rainbow would realize something was wrong, and ruin the whole plan, luckily the pegasi just continued to walk down the stairs. Normally she would have used her wings to fly with, but the tight space made it impossible for her to even spread them out from her body.

Rainbow stopped and turned her head towards Twilight, looking at her with a wondering expression.
“Why haven’t you gone out to get them if that is the case, I mean you could always have shown me this later and what if our friends are in trouble?”

Twilight almost bumped into Rainbow due to this sudden stop, when she heard the question her mind began to go into a panic. How should she react to this, should she attack or try to play it cool and make a quick excuse and hope it worked out? Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, she looked at Rainbow with a calm expression.
“I wanted to make sure it really worked, so if I got you down here I would be able to see if the map would place two of the marks next to each other. If that is the case then we know it works”

Rainbow looked at her friend for a second. She made a small naught with her head and started to walk down the stairs again, Twilight´s mind began to relax and return to her original thought about the next step in her plan. She knew that when the lights in the room got lit she had to act quickly or else Rainbow would be able to knock Twilight to the ground and escape.
The two ponies arrived at the end. Twilight stopped the glow from her horn so she wouldn’t ruin the surprise for Rainbow.
“Two seconds I have to light some torches to lit up the room, you just take a step forward and wait”

They both stepped into the dark room, now Twilight would be able to grab the metal pipe and knock Rainbow out when the time came. Her horn glowed again and in just a second the room got lit up from the torches on the walls. Rainbow got blinded for a second by the sudden light. She blinked a couple of times and what she saw made her wonder what Twilight used this place for. The first thing she saw was the five cylinders, four open and the fifth still closed. She looked to her left, seeing the apple bucket with smashed apples in it, and next to it the wooden shelf with a couple of stuffed animals, cakes, party hats and streamers. She looked to her right side, and the first thing she saw send chills down her back. Standing lifelessly next to a wardrobe was the little dragon Spike holding a big mirror. Rainbow slowly turned her head further to the right and the sight meeting her eyes made her gasp and freeze in her place. All of her friends, sitting next to a decorated table looking like they were having a party. But it was easy for the pegasus to see what Twilight had done, the stitches holding the others together were clearly visible, and the empty eye sockets starred at her. With tears coming from her eyes she turned to face the Princess behind her, however she didn’t get a word out before she was struck and knocked to the ground, the last thing she saw before her vision got black was a smiling Twilight.

Rainbow Dash awoke with a shock and was in a panic, the minds of what she had seen before getting knocked out were still in her head. She looked around, noticing she was held above the ground by chains wrapped tightly around her hooves. She tried to move wings, but she could feel something held them in place. She tried a bit harder but only the sound of chains was heard, and she didn’t move an inch. Looking forward she saw the cylinders once again, noticing that the one that was closed before now had been opened, and in front of it stood a smiling Twilight. Tears were forming in her eyes once again, both from fear and sadness.
“Twilight, please tell me this isn’t true… it can’t be, you would never do anything like this to us.”

Twilight moved closer to the pegasi, in her magic she had a bloodstained knife. She kept her smile and when she was right in front of Rainbow she looked into her eyes.
“I’m doing this so we can be together forever, I’m a Princess now and therefor immortal”
She took a deep breath before continuing, a couple of tears leaved her eyes. She looked away from Rainbow for a second, gathering herself before she looked back.
“It´s just something I have to do for all of us, I won’t be leaved behind so I’m just making sure it won’t happen. Just relax Rainbow I promise it will be over quickly.”

Rainbow closed her eyes waiting for what to come. The knife moved quickly into rainbows stomach, a loud scream erupted from the weather pony as she felt the knife going upwards. The screams started Twilight´s mind again, this time she was taken back to when she had Fluttershy with her, she remembered how the yellow pegasus had cried and begged, how she had asked over and over again why Twilight did this. She saw the faces of the small animals that were trapped in a cage so they wouldn’t interfere. One thing her mind blocked however, was how she had done the procedure to her friends, every time she started her mind would wander off and think about her friends and what they had done when they were about to get the procedure. And every time when her mind would return, the job was done. It was the same pattern with Rainbow, when she finally returned the cyan pegasus was sewn together. Eyes had been taken out, the mouth sewn so it looked like she were smiling and the body had been stuffed with wool so she could stand for herself, and not fall over like Applejack.

Twilight jumped around the body, releasing it from the chains and carefully putting it down onto the ground.
“There you go RD, don’t you just feel so much better now. If you just sit down at the table between Rarity and Applejack. Then I’ll be over in just a second.”

Like the others the body began to move with the help from Twilights magic, it walked over to the chair between Rarity and Applejack. The Princess looked at her friends, smiling as she began to walk over to the chair between Pinkie and Fluttershy.
“Now that we are all here we can finally begin the party, but first I want to say a few words”

Taking a deep breath Twilight opened her mouth to say something, but all of a sudden her mouth felt dry. She looked around at her friends, only now she realized what she had done to her friends. It was like the lifeless bodies stared at her, judging her for what she had done to them. Twilights mind began to fill with the thoughts of her friends last moments, all of the screams all the questions. All the things her mind had blocked out before started to come forward, what she had done, how she had done it. She could see how the life had left the bodies of her friends when they had given up.
Now that she stood there about to make a speech, Twilight realized what monster she had become. Sitting down onto the chair again the only thing she could get out of her mouth was.

“Sorry”

Comments ( 4 )

Hmm. I hoped for some plottwist in the end.
All in all its not bad - good written, not many errors. But the end leaves me somewhat unsatisfied.

5764297 thank you. but sorry about the ending, personally i like it open, who knows maybe i write a continuation. :twilightsmile:

Well, I didn't like the style much or the mechanics, but I'm pretty sure English isn't your first language, right? In that light I'd say that was all fine.

However, the topic material just wasn't my cup of tea. Angelheart asked me to look over it, and in hindsight, I shouldn't have done so during lunch. Kind of feels like a Twilight-esque version of 'Cupcakes' to be honest, though the ending you put on it was the best part of the whole thing.

-Sage

5801825 true it isnt my first language :)

And i understand what you mean, not for everyone and i myself had the feeling of making another version of "cupcakes"

I can say the story im making ATM is gonna be in a whole different genre. :)

Login or register to comment