• Published 1st May 2012
  • 3,825 Views, 92 Comments

The Force of Friendship (1. A New World) - Bronysith



Darth Stal learns that the force is not the strongest power in the universe.

  • ...
8
 92
 3,825

Prologue

Darth Stal looked out in the infinite darkness of space. The stars shined brightly more than ever. From the bridge of his flag ship Destroyer he monitored the surrounding areas looking for the Republic vessel carrying a jedi. I am better off trying to find a specific grain of sand on tattoine. He thought. His crew had been searching for what seemed like years for the jedi known as Kana who found intel that could damage the Empire severely if handed over to the Jedi Council. How in the name of the Emperor am I supposed to find this ship in the far reaches of space? He was ready to give up and face the wrath of his master Darth Shadio. As he neared the intercom a soldier rushed into the bridge. "My lord the scanner has picked up life out there in the asteroid field."

"Ready the ambusher," Darth Stal said "But my lord the ambusher has not yet been test-" is all the soldier could get out before Stal used the force to choke him "It is unwise to upset a lord of the sith, lowly soldier this will be the first test, understood!?" "y-yes my lord." Said the soldier gasping for air. Stal released him and the soldier headed to the hangar.

Darth Stal was in his private quarters preparing his outfit. From his footlocker he retrieved his boots, chestguard, gauntlets, grieves and his cloak. All of his armor was crimson, the color of blood. He strapped on his armor and then his cloak. His cloak was as dark as the space he traveled. With his helmet in hand a thought occured to him. This makes it a bit harder to see and could get in way of combat, besides the enemies I best in combat should see my face. It is the honorable thing to do. Tossing the helmet aside Stal was looking for something else "Now where is my companion?". He asked himself.

As he looked for his companion he looked himself in the mirror. He has not looked in a mirror since that day. He saw a man, no more the age of 19, with hazel eyes, black and white hair, and a scar on his left cheek. "So this is how i look hmph," He said. "Oh there you are," As he found his lightsaber. As he picked it up, he ignited it. A bright red blade shot out of the hilt. This was the same lightsaber he had his whole life since he started training under his master, Darth Shadio. 'Use this weapon combined with the force to strike fear into the hearts of our enemies Stal' Shadio told him 9 years ago. He equipped it to his belt and walked out of his quarters.

As he exited his quarters something bumped into him. It was the same soldier from before "M-my lord your ambusher is ready for departure," He stuttered, fearful of the the wrath of Stal. "As you were soldier". Darth Stal said. The soldier seemed suprised that he wasn't choked or electrified to death. He stumbled to his feet and as quickly as he came the soldier left. Enough blood will be shed today, besides he is a new recruit.He thought to himself. Darth Stal then bolted through the halls of his ship and into the hangar. Anyone in front of him merely stepped aside, in fear of being killed by him. As he entered the hangar there, he saw the ambusher. This ship was as big as the common speeder. It had a cloaking device which made it perfect for stealth missions. The cockpit also served as an airlock for boarding enemy ships with ease.

He entered the ship in haste. Sitting in the chair he grasped the yoke. Powering up the ship he left the hangars and activated the cloak. The entire ship became invisible from the outside. Everything was still visible on the inside though. The heads up display worked fine and everything was operational.

Taking off through space he entered the asteroid field. Dodging all the rocks and debris from other ships by either unfortunate ships entering the field or novice pilots who got really coky. One mistake and I end up like them. Stal said to himself. As he passed the final few asteroids he finally found it through the radar. The Republic vessel.

Now let us see if this cloaking truly works He slowed down his ship and dropped altitude to be on same level as the Vessel. Airlock, airlock, aha finding the airlock on the starboard side of the ship. He connected to the ship and a noise occurred. It was metal scraping metal. So much for stealth Stal thought as he disembarked through his airlock.

He was greeted by 20 or so troopers all armed and prepared for battle. "Pitiful," Said Stal. "Put your hands where we can see them." Said the first trooper who appeared to be the captain. "As you wish." Said Darth Stal. As he raised his arms he began to channel the force through them and sent lightning through the captain, killing him instantly. "Now where is she?!" Stal demanded. "Right here!" Came a voice from beyond. Darth Stal saw a woman with bright red hair, icy blue eyes, and a flawless face.

"I am the jedi you are looking for, there is no need for anymore bloodshed, just take the intel and leave us," Said Kana. "Good, you realize it is useless to oppose a sith lord. Smart girl," Said Darth Stal. Walking towards each other they never broke their gazes. He never showed it but this jedi had a stare that brought fear into him. I sense a great power not of the force emanating from her. He thought.

She handed him the intel holocom. "Where do you think your going?" She said. "To my ship I am leaving," Said Darth Stal. "What ship?" She responded with a smirk. He then noticed one of the troopers was at the airlock inputting something into the computer next to it. Then, next thing he knew, the Ambusher exploded.

In his anger he killed all of the remaining troopers in the room with a blast of lightning. "You are not going to live long enough to regret that mistake jedi filth!" Screamed Stal. Igniting his lightsaber, he charged toward Kana. She also ignited her weapon. A dark purple saber.

First he attempted an overhead strike but was parried by Kana. She then tried a riposte but Stal dodged and then pushed her through the force. Before she could respond he sent a lightning blast towards her.

With her jedi reflexes she blocked it using her saber. She was struggling for she felt some of the lightning bury into and burn her flesh. The pain was near unbearable. She then responded with a flurry of fast strikes. Barely blocking the attacks, Stal knew if he didnt finish this now he would be done for. He then proceeded to crack her in the skull with his hilt and with the force he then grabbed Kana's neck and suspended her in the air. As she was held helpless in the air, gasping for oxygen, Stal levitated his saber and sent it through the space between them and impaled her through the chest.

Releasing her she fell to the ground. "You die in vain jedi for now you doomed every soldier on this ship," Stal said taunting her. "I-I am not finished yet... I shall not fail the council.. i will not let you kill my comrades.. my friends." She then felt something inside of Stal, a small light. It was small but still a light. She could sense the good in him. She felt some sort of hope through this man that somehow, he could become a better person

She also felt his pain. His pain of loneliness through the years. Not a single person to call friend not knowing the great feeling of happiness that they bring. "So that is why you are who you are," She gasped. "What are you talking about jedi?" Responded Stal. Then a bright light began to glow through her hands and blasted him. "What is this power it is not of the force?" Stal said in shock. "No it is not of the force 'hack' it is a much more powerful element," She said coughing up blood. Stal realized he was vanishing. "I know why you suffer Sith, and i pity you... maybe in this new world you will be happy." She said with her last breath and died. The last thing Stal remembers is seeing a light before blacking out.

-End prologue