• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 3,364 Views, 76 Comments

Chrysalis's little Rush - Evowizard25



Chrysalis never knew what it was like to love and be loved, until now

  • ...
8
 76
 3,364

Healing and Meeting

“UNNECEPTABLE!”

Chrysalis was taken aback by the deer’s outburst. Not only were her ears ringing, but yelling about a missed tea party confused her to no end. ‘Why are mortal races so strange?’ She wondered. Thinking on it, it was very out of character for deer to act in such a way. ‘It’s been over a thousand years since I’ve interacted with their race. I guess they’ve gotten dumber since then….A pity.’ She sighed. She remembered having quite a few intelligent conversations with their ancestors back in the day. Especially a certain Farseer.

She shook her head. ‘No. Don’t dwell on the past.’ That’s right. She had to dwell in the present….no matter how much it sucked. ‘Sucked. Such a strange twist on the word.’ She made a mental note to find out how it came to be used like that.

Before she could think up a clever insult, she heard the sound of a child whimpering. “Beg your pardon, but who is making that noise?”

"What noise?” Tim asked, before Chrysalis sent him a ‘really? You don’t hear that’ kind of look. “Oh, that noise.” He turned around. “Bring the whelp forth.”

Now most people would call her heartless, and they were right in a sense, but she still had a strong nurturing side. A trait that she bred the Nurse caste out of. It’s just that she didn’t show it much outside of her own species. When one of the deer strode forth with a crying little colt, she resisted the urge to tear the deer apart and hold him. The little pony was bleeding profusely from one his legs. The blood had soaked his dark blue fur and cloak. Droplets of the life giving liquid dripped onto the ground. His eyes were puffy and red, soaked with tears.

Sugar Rush gasped and rushed over to the deer’s side. “What happened?”

Chrysalis grit her teeth, glaring at the group. “They happened.”

“But mommy, they wouldn’t…”

“We did.” The Black Knight answered.

“And I’m sure you have such a lovely excuse for this barbarity.” Chrysalis spoke with heavy sarcasm.

“He was the one behind the attack on the town.” Tim snapped. “He deserved this and more.”

“Did anyone die?” Chrysalis asked.

“Well no.” Tim said. “But he caused considerable damage.”

“So damaging property is worthy of the death sentence?” Chrysalis growled. “Or do you just enjoy harming children?”

“I take pleasure in striking down evil.” Tim replied. He walked over and grabbed hold the colt’s hair, lifting up his head. The colt let out a squeal of pain. “And this boy qualifies as evil.”

He let go when he felt Sugar buck him in the leg. Even though she was just a little filly, she was still an earth pony. Her race had considerable power. The deer knight looked down at her. “Stop being a meanie pants.”

Chrysalis couldn’t help but smile.‘Awww, she’s sticking up for the colt…..Don’t aww! She’s a pony….Eh, I’ll aww if I want too.’

“Little filly, I ask you not to do that again.” Tim glared at her. “Or you will receive the spanking of a life time.”

“Do that to my charge and you’ll be wishing you hadn’t.” The Black Knight said, putting a hoof on the handle of his mighty blade.

“Are you threatening me, Knight of Darkness?” Tim tensed up. The rest of his knights followed suit.

“Maybe.” Was the Black Knight’s answer.

“Boys, boys, you’re both macho.” Chrysalis rolled her eyes. “Before you have yourselves a little spat, think of the consequences. We already have one injured child to take care of. I don’t need the burden of more.”

“Did she just call us children?” Tim asked.

“Indeed, the wench just did.” The Black Knight chuckled when he saw Chrysalis angrily growl at him.

“I did and it’s true.” Chrysalis sent them a death glare. “You both are just overgrown children. And I’ll tell you another thing. If you as much as harm another hair upon that colt’s head, I’ll shred you innards and smash your skulls.” A small part of her reprimanded herself for defending the colt. But that was a useless endeavor. Changelings are incredibly nurturing. Her actions with Sugar actually were odd…Her glare fell from her face. Sugar Rush. The little filly who she was feeding off of. Yes, she had been protective of her, but she’d been so mean to her as well. She shook her head. ‘No. No bonding. Stop natural instincts. Just stop.’

She also knew why she was defending the colt so much. She could feel Sugar’s need to help and it was affecting her. Again, the changeling feeding method was a two way street. Her ‘victim’s’ feelings could be felt by her and since she had been with her a while, it was also starting to affect her. ‘Oh no. She’s going to turn me into a goody two shoes at this rate. Come on. Think of something you hate to upset this…Okay, Canterlot fiasco, Princess Luna…Yeah, I’m back.’

“Then you deal with the runt.” The Black Knight told her.

“What?” Chrysalis was a taken aback by the offer.

“Since you seem to care about his safety, it’s your duty to take care of him.” The Black Knight stated. “Tis only proper.”

Tim rubbed his chin. “Well you have a point.”

“But I don’t know how to treat him.” Chrysalis said, hoping to get out of it. Yes she had a nurturing side but she was not a medic.

“Of course you do, mommy.” Sugar Rush piped up. “You’re a great healer.”

Chrysalis sighed. She was caught. Denying Sugar wouldn’t work, since it would upset her, tip her off that something’s wrong, and look like she was obviously making up excuses to the others. “Alright, but you’re helping.”

“YAY!” Sugar cheered. She looked up to the colt. “You hear that. We’re going to make you better.” The colt just offered her a wary smile.

“Okay stop.” Tim grumbled. “Stop with the cutesy, lovey stuff. Just heal him and be done with it. I have to go talk with the mayor of the town about the damages.”

“Aww, can’t little Timmy wimmy handle some lovedy dovey stuff?” Chrysalis cooed earning a deep scowl from Tim. She smirked as he trotted away. Of course, she didn’t really pay attention to the other deer who threw the injured colt onto her back. “HEY! Don’t do that. He’ll stain my coat.”

“Wench just shut up and do your thing.” The Black Knight told her. She growled and walked off.

As she felt the blood seep down her coat, all her nurturing instincts left her. If there was one thing she prided herself on, it was her appearance. ‘Yeah it’s a disguise, but a queen should not be forced to endure this.' As she reached the caravan, she walked inside and promptly bumped him off. The unicorn colt fell to the ground and let out a cry of pain. “Oops.” She smirked.

Sugar Rush gasped and ran to him. “Are you okay?”

“No.” The colt said through his tears and sobs.

“Would it help if I rub salt into the wounds?” Chrysalis’s grin grew wider as she saw the colt flinch. ‘Sometimes I love being wicked.’

“N-n-no ma’am.” The colt squeaked out.

“A shame. It would have helped.” Chrysalis tapped her chin in thought. Surely that mare would have had medical supplies. ‘That bottomless bag might have something I can use.’
___________________________________________________________________________
Tim looked at the town hall. It was simple, boring brick building. Twice as big as the others around it, but nothing really distinguishing about it. Well, except being brick instead of wood. ‘Fitting for ponies.’ He thought.‘They are such a simple race.’ Still, he had to deal with them and that is why he was here. He let out a long sigh. The deer decided to just get it over with. The sooner he talked to the primitive pony leader, the sooner he could get back to his own kind.

He knocked on the door. A rather well dressed butler stallion opened it. “Ah, the mayor has been expecting you.” The pony had a rather haughty attitude. “And do remember to clean your hooves off before you enter. The mayor would be upset if you brought too much of your 'forest' inside.”

Tim scowled. ‘The nerve of this pony. He should be in awe of my very presence, not treating me as if I was a common animal.’ He brushed past him. “Take me to him.”

“Right this way.” The butler lead him to his destination and knocked onto the office door.

“Who is it?” A much older voice asked.

“It is the deer, sir.” The butler answered. ‘THE DEER?’ Tim had half a mind to pierce his skull with his spear. He gave it a quick glance. ‘Later.’ He told himself.

“Send him in.” Was the reply. The butler opened the door for Tim.

Tim walked inside. While the rest of the building was so plain, the interior was so lavish. Imports from all over Equestria; fine china, golden tapestries, ancient paintings. He had no idea why ponies wanted to waste their time and resources acquiring such things for personal use.‘Greedy lot.’

“Like them?” The elderly voice reminded him that he wasn’t alone. “I spent a small fortune to acquire all this.” The pony sitting behind the wooden desk was old, not ancient, just old. He was a little over half way to the grave. ‘Not close enough if you ask me.’ The brown earth pony was wearing a white wig you’d see on a judge. His lavish, purple cloak hung loosely over his form. All in all, Tim could see why his predecessors hated dealing with pony leaders. “Please, take a seat.”

He indicated the pony sized chair in front of the desk. The deer knight would have thought this a joke, until he reminded himself he was dealing with a pony. They were rather stupid. Instead he just sat on the floor in front of the desk. He could still see eye to eye with the pony. “Now let us get down to business. The recent ‘astral’ attack, while being free of any casualties, has caused considerable damage to the town.”

“I noticed.” Tim’s deadpan demeanor reflected how much he cared.

“Yes, well, that is the problem. We simply don’t have the funds to repair the damage.”

Tim narrowed his eyes. “Are you suggesting we pay for the repairs?”

The mayor nodded. “Yes. You are our protectors and we are need of saving. So, if you can scrounge up about three thousand bits, we’d be most grateful.”

“Three thousand bits?”

“Oh and you need to help with the construction. A hundred or so hooves would do nicely.”

“Now see here….”

“And obviously we can cut back on some things; like buying wood. That’s unnecessary, seeing as we live in the middle of a forest.”

“Stop right…”

“So I’ll need you to cut down some trees.”

“Cut down our trees?!!”

“With the money saved, we can refurnish. You deer know how to refurnish?”

“ENOUGH!” Tim raised his spear and put the tip of it mere centimeters in front of the mayor’s face. Rather effectively shutting him up. “I’ve had it with listening to these ludicrous demands.”

“They aren’t…”

“Say another word and this spear goes through your bucking head.” Tim growled. “Now listen to me pony and listen good. My knights of Ni shall get you your funds. You will have your supplies. The rest you can do by yourself. Is that clear?” The mayor nodded. “No, I don’t think it’s clear. It’s obvious that you forgot that we ALLOW you to live in OUR woods. Your ancestors begged us to save their lives and we did. But remember that kindness won’t last forever. One day you could hear the word ‘NI’ outside your door. Do you want it to be this day?” The mayor furiously shook his head. Tim leant him a smile. “Good, good.” He stood up and lifted the spear from the mayor’s face. “We shall be back soon. An mayor…” He stopped in the doorway and looked back. “Do remember who the real masters of these woods are.”
He left the building feeling happier then he thought he would. The only thing that could have made it any more sweet would have been the mayors’ death. Of course, he knew he couldn’t do that. He wasn’t a barbarian.

‘Three thousand bits.’ His thoughts returned to that tidbit. ‘How am I going to get that much?’ The council would never lend so much to the ponies. He wouldn’t blame them. Still, he didn’t want to go through the fuss of burning down a town he just saved. He need a way to pay off the damages. But how?.... “THE MAP!” He exclaimed. “The treasure map. That’ll clear things up.”

He took out the map from his side saddle and opened it up.‘Seems simple enough. Not far away too. I’m glad I thought about getting those ponies to find one. I honestly didn’t think they would….Oh dear.’ His irises shrank. “A dragon.”

The map depicted the treasure being guarded by a ferocious dragon. ‘Fan-bucking-tastic.’ Going after the treasure would surely put his knights at risk. He surely wasn’t going to sacrifice a single deer’s life for the ponies sake. ‘If only I knew someone who could get it for…’ He smirked. “I know just the ponies for the job.”

Author's Note:

Hey readers. I want to apologize for not updating sooner and if you find this chapter lack luster. I just kind of had a falling out as it were, as I wasn't sure if my fic was that good or not. {Not that many reviews per chapter as quite a few other stories.}

But enough of that, i do so hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'll try and not take so long with the next one.

So please leave a comment. If you have a suggestion or critique please feel free to share it. Till next time.

Comments ( 6 )

What? No herring with which to lop trees down to their stumps?! Heresy! Heresy I say!!

3650186 Oh hush now. There shall be herrings. :raritywink:

Dammit, someone beat me to the Herring joke.

I feel that this is just one big Monty Python reference masquerading as a MLP fanfic.

:moustache:

(This is a tie in with both Resistance: Equestria and Chaotica.)

Word of advice, link to those stories.

4538330 Ah yes....Given how I haven't updated those stories in a while...I'm not sure if this is a tie in. :twilightblush:

I'm hoping to get back to this and Resistance: Equestria when I finish A Different Sunset and Love Needs No Reason.

Login or register to comment