• Published 30th Apr 2012
  • 3,364 Views, 76 Comments

Chrysalis's little Rush - Evowizard25



Chrysalis never knew what it was like to love and be loved, until now

  • ...
8
 76
 3,364

Thoughts

Chrysalis felt great. Better than she had in days, or in centuries. The love that was emanating from the foal was so intense and yet, so pure. The link between them was so strong that she could feel pulse after pulse of energy flow into her with each passing second.‘Why didn’t I think of this sooner?’ She’d hated that infernal mare the moment she saw her. Originally, she was hoping to wait till she got to her hive to finish her off, but that manticore did her messy work for her. Killing for pleasure wasn’t her style, per say, but it got the job done. Now, she had an unwavering food source, for a child’s love was unquestionably strong and rarely wavered. She just had to keep up a simple act.

Of course, even with this new energy, it would take her several days to get back home. Which wasn’t a worry, since she had all the food and energy she needed to make the return trip. But even so, she knew that if she didn’t get back soon, the hive would die off without her leadership. Drones lacked much in tact and leadership qualities.

The forest was thick and she had no idea where exactly she was, but that didn’t faze her. She knew how to find it. She just felt her changeling’s. It was a little trick her father had taught her. The queen had set up a mental link between her race, so that they could share memories, talk over distances, and so forth. It was what made the invasion of Canterlot so easy. She could talk with any of her followers anywhere and anytime. But, it wasn’t working properly at the moment, which frustrated her immensely. It also frightened her, but she refused to admit it.‘As long as I can feel them, I’m fine.’

She was in a hurry because of this. Still, the cart that was attached to her kept her movements slow.‘What did that mare put in there?’ She grumbled inwardly. The changeling could sense that there was a spell cast onto the cart to reduce its weight, but it still was quite heavy. The queen had never performed such labor before. Such tasks were suited for large drones, known as 'Titans'. ‘Perhaps I should have brought a few of them to Canterlot as well.’ She now and again thought of making the brat pull it along, but she knew that she was too small to do so.

“Mommy!” The little filly yelled.

Chrysalis groaned. “Yes sweetie.”

“Are you going to brush my hair now?”

“No, sweetie.” Chrysalis spat out. “So, stop asking.” For the last hour, the Earth pony she had to take of had kept pestering her about combing her hair.‘Like she can’t do it on her own.’

“But you promised.” Sugar Rush said, poking her head out a window. “You promised to brush it after you got back.”

‘But she didn’t come back, she’ll never come back, so shut up and brush it yourself.’ She thought the words, but bit her tongue. She had to keep her love intact if she was going to make it. “Sweetie, why don’t you just stop asking mommy. She’s tired.”

Sugar frowned. “Okay mommy.” She ducked her head back in.

Chrysalis sighed. That bought her some time to be alone with her thoughts. ‘I could just put a mute spell on her, but she might hate me for it. I can’t have that now can I.’ Again, she had to find out where exactly she fell and how far the hive was. Yes, Changelings had an innate sense of direction, but she wanted to make sure. ‘Hopefully there are some locals up ahead.’ Which again, made her think of Sugar. The foal would last another 2-3 weeks at the rate she was draining her. It didn’t sadden her, but she was already addicted to the feel of the young one’s love. After she could garner enough strength, she'd would need to cut back and let the little pony garner enough strength so she could feed again. Still, in the end the filly would die, one way or another. ‘Ponies have to die eventually.’ She shrugged.
____________________________________________________________
Sugar Rush held up a brown brush in her hooves. She went over to a mirror, but she wasn’t high enough to see it, so, she dragged a stool over and jumped onto it. She then tried to brush herself. The brush fell out of her hooves and hit the floor. She frowned. Holding anything in her hooves was hard. ‘Mommy makes it look easy.’ ‘Course, she figured, her mommy was amazing. So, she could do anything she wanted to do, even without her magic. ‘And I’m going to be just like her when I grow up.’ So, she stooped and picked up the brush and ran it through her mane.

Shortly afterwards, a loud roar resounded in the area. ‘MONSTER!’ Sugar Rush immediately ran into a small cupboard and curled up into a ball. She shook in fear, but tried to think positive.
S
he knew that the monster wouldn’t find her here. Her mommy had told her so. Even if it did, then her mommy would fight off the monster. ‘Because mommy wouldn’t let anything happen to me. She said so.’ Her mommy had told her that her love would ward off any big meanies away. Sugar believed her. Why shouldn’t she? Her mommy never lied to her. She was the best mommy ever.
________________________________________________________
Chrysalis could hear the manticore’s triumphant roar. She could practically feel its satisfaction about its recent kill. The changeling queen couldn’t help but smile. A few memories of her own kills ran through her mind.

And with it, came the delicious aroma of blood and carnage. As a changeling, she needed love to survive, but the changeling race still carried the carnivorous tendencies of her father. She licked her sharp teeth. Yes, she didn’t need meat, but she still craved it now and again. It helped assuage her true hunger for a while.

Again, she reminded herself that she had a disguise to keep. Though, with this ignorant brat, she could get away with a lot of things. ‘The innocence of a child is a wonderful thing.’ But even that held limits. She needed to watch what she did around the foal. With several thousand years of experience, she knew she had this all wrapped up nicely.

As she was too wrapped up in her own thoughts, she failed to notice several pairs of eyes watching her.