• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 5,319 Views, 84 Comments

The Assembled Letters of Twilight Sparkle, Protégé of Emperor Discord - Caligari87



Emperor Discord sends his star pupil Twilight Sparkle to investigate a mysterious new phenomenon called "Friendship".

  • ...
14
 84
 5,319

Letter 6

Honorable Emperor Discord,

After successfully discovering two different aspects of Friendship from two separate ponies, I’ve decided to continue doing the same with the rest of my Friends and glean everything I can from their thoughts and feelings on the subject. I don’t feel like there’s any particular threat to Chaos from this strange phenomenon, but it can’t hurt to examine further.

Last week’s coffee rain left hot foam clouds that didn’t leave even after the rain stopped. Combined with all the glass in town turning into roiling steam, it was almost unbearably hot for a few days. Then a giant butterfly showed up from somewhere and flapped a few times in the town square, and now we’ve got a crazy cold snap. All the steam-windows are solid now, and the foam clouds crumbled into iced-coffee snow.

I met Rarity at town hall on my way to the local bakery. She was passing out blankets to everypony that asked, made from the fabric stock for her boutique. When I asked why she was just giving away perfectly good fabric she could craft or randomize into something sellable, she told me that being generous was more important; somepony needed it more than she, and so she gave whatever she could.

I believe this is yet another facet of Friendship, and it Rarity wants to spread it around. Again, it appears harmless and keeps ponies happy, even when the coin lands on tails in our unpredictable world.

I’m still drawn to the old castle, and I plan on visiting again when the weather improves. I’ll send some more reports and check if the magic counteracting Chaos in that area has gotten any worse.

Your chilly student,

Twilight Sparkle

P.S. I still haven’t heard back from you in weeks. Is everything okay?