• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 5,319 Views, 84 Comments

The Assembled Letters of Twilight Sparkle, Protégé of Emperor Discord - Caligari87



Emperor Discord sends his star pupil Twilight Sparkle to investigate a mysterious new phenomenon called "Friendship".

  • ...
14
 84
 5,319

Journal 6

Packed my things and left this morning. I’m writing this on the train from Ponyville, where I’m leaving behind what may be the best or worst thing that’s ever happened to me.

Although I had already written the letters to my friends the other five my Friends, I held off sending them until I got Discord’s response. I met the grey mailpony on my way out the door. Although we’ve never said more than good morning or hello, she knows I’m Friends with the others. With all my bags being packed and five letters to send, she must have picked up on the fact that something was wrong, and asked if I was okay. I didn’t have the heart to say anything. I just left.

My friends will probably be getting and opening their letters by now. Fluttershy will cry, maybe Rarity too. Rainbow and Applejack will be angry. Pinkie will I don’t know what Pinkie will do.

I’m trying to tell myself it’s all for the best. Chaos has reigned for a thousand years, if not longer. I’ve upheld that reign my whole life; I can’t just forsake my entire belief for the sake of a few feel-good moments and a future full of unsustainable expectations and disappointments. We may live in anarchy, but at least we know not to trust anything so fragile as Order.

Besides, it’s too late now. I’ve burned whatever bridges I’ve built. Emperor Discord will be sending extra Agents of Chaos to ensure entropy in Ponyville remains at maximum, and he’ll probably personally oversee destruction of the Friendship tree. I’ll probably remain at the palace for the foreseeable future so he can keep an eye on me. I’ll never see my Friends again, and it’s unlikely they’ll ever want to see me either.

I should get some sleep and try to clean up before we arrive. It wouldn’t be good to appear in front of my mentor, crying over forbidden Friendships.

~Twilight