• Published 23rd Nov 2014
  • 5,320 Views, 84 Comments

The Assembled Letters of Twilight Sparkle, Protégé of Emperor Discord - Caligari87



Emperor Discord sends his star pupil Twilight Sparkle to investigate a mysterious new phenomenon called "Friendship".

  • ...
14
 84
 5,320

RE: Letter 9

Dear Twilight,

I know this is the first letter you’ve gotten from me since you left. Sorry about that, part of it was seriously beyond my control; I had a bad incident with a stampede in the grand ballroom and was laid up for a while.

Oh, and I must confess: I knew about the tree, Twilight, and I also knew enough about Friendship to realize it would be a temptation to you. I wanted to see how you’d behave on your own for once, and I have to say I’m a little disappointed. My sources tell me Ponyville has actually gotten more normal since you’ve been there. I was expecting you to inject a fresh batch of Chaos into the mix and get that place random again, not become friends with a bunch of Harmonizers.

Anyway, I am so glad you told me everything, in the end. I don’t know what this will do to your status as an Agent of Chaos, but for right now I want you on the next train back to the palace. We’ll decide then, and I’ll think of what we can do to fix this Harmony problem.

Best Wishes!

~Discord

D/qq

(dictated, but not read)