• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 1,726 Views, 8 Comments

Stories from Canterlot High - Prince Luna



Short Stories of a day in the life of random characters at Canterlot High.

  • ...
3
 8
 1,726

Lyra Heartstrings

A school day in the life of Lyra Heartstrings.


Morning: School Preparation.

As usual, Lyra was up early getting some lyre practise in before she ate breakfast. Her morning was organised and easy. She already had her bag ready and hanging on the doorknob and she was just preparing some cereal then calmly left to catch the train to school.

Canterlot High Express: Journey to School

Lyra quickly found Bon Bon and Carrot Top at the train station, they had very worried expressions on their faces. She covered them with the umbrella she was levitating.

"What's up guys?" she asked.

"Neither of us have done the maths homework. We're doomed." Carrot Top cried.

Lyra's hooves began to shake.

"Oh buck, I didn't do it either." she sighed.

"Maybe we could finish it on the train?" Bon Bon croaked.

"Good idea." Carrot Top nodded.

The train arrived and everypony got on. Lyra was about to close the door to the carriage as the train began to move but she saw somepony flying up to the platform.

"Fluttershy?" she whispered.

She then saw that the train was about to leave the platform completely. She stuck out a hoof.

"Fluttershy, grab on, quickly!" she yelled

The yellow pegasus was just in time to grab her hoof. Lyra managed to pull her up and close the door without any effort. She laughed as Fluttershy shook herself dry. Fluttershy was a pony that Lyra didn't interact with much but the two considered each other as friends.

"Thank you so, so much Lyra!" Fluttershy smiled.

"Any time." said Lyra, returning a smile.

Fluttershy looked behind Lyra to see Bon Bon and Carrot Top giggling quietly.

"What's wrong, girls?" Fluttershy asked.

The two couldn't stop giggling, then Fluttershy looked down and saw she was still wearing her pink frilly dressing gown. She blushed and galloped to the bathroom.

Lyra narrowed her eyes at her friends and walked over to the bathroom, knocking on the door.

"Fluttershy?"

"No! Go away! I'm not coming out until we get to school or until your friends stop laughing at me!" she cried.

Lyra looked back at Bon Bon and Carrot Top and shook her head, then looked back at the door.

"I promise, they won't laugh. You should take off your gown." said Lyra.

The door opened slightly and Fluttershy peered through and saw Lyra smiling. She opened the door fully and walked out, smiling back.

"You wanna sit with us? We're just doing the mathematics homework. Hard stuff!" Lyra laughed.

"Oh, that would be great! I've done the homework, I can help you with it." Fluttershy replied.

The two sat down with Bon Bon and Carrot Top.

"What period do we have maths again?" Bon Bon asked.

"Fifth," Lyra said, "just before school ends."

"Ah right. Well let's get this over with." Carrot Top sighed.

Period 1: Biology

"Honestly, that pony has parties EVERY night, is excluded almost EVERY day. I can't imagine what her parents must think of her. Infact..." Twilight Sparkle was having a rant about Vinyl Scratch's lifestyle again.

Nopony was listening; they were all focused on finishing their baking soda volcano before the lesson ended so they had nothing to work on over the weekend.

"Lyra, mind adding the vinegar for a first try?" Carrot Top asked.

"Sure!" Lyra smiled.

The used her magic to pick up the bottle of vinegar and carefully poured it into the basin. It began to foam up and everypony watched in awe; even Twilight had shut up. Lyra was still pouring, but nopony noticed and she had added too much. A hole burst in the side of the basin and foam blasted right in Lyra's face.

"Agh! My eyes!" she yelled.

"Somepony get some water!" Twilight cried.

Raindrops ran to a sink and poured an empty basin with water, then poured it over Lyra. Her vinegar problem was over, but now her mane was like a wet rag. She simply laughed.

"Thanks! Now I smell of vinegar and I'm drenched!" she said, still giggling.

Period 2: Dance

Thank Celestia that Lyra had dance. There were hairdryers in the changing rooms. Nothing much happened that lesson.

Period 3: Music

Lyra was sat at the back as everypone else chattered away to the pony sat next to them. The substitute teacher was about to talk when a tired looking Fluttershy walked in late and handed him a note.

"Now class, today we are going to start a new project. It will be a group project where you will work in twos." the teacher announced.

Lyra could see that everypony were looking at each other, but she couldn't see anypony looking at her.

"Singing ponies must pair with instrumental ponies." the teacher said.

The music classes are split into two groups; the singing ponies and the instrumental ponies. What they do is rather self-explanitory. Lyra noticed a small frown on Fluttershy and Rarity's faces.

Then everypony stood up and quickly organised themselves into pairs. Lyra panicked and looked around, but couldn't see anypony on their own straight away. Then she looked to the very front and saw Fluttershy smiling at her. Lyra waved and nodded, the Fluttershy came and sat by her.

"You're an insturmental pony, right, Lyra?" Fluttershy asked.

"Sure am! I play the lyre!" Lyra beamed.

"We should so go in a pair!" Fluttershy smiled.

The two high-hooved and began to plan out a song, which was the simple assignment their teacher had prepared.

Lunch

Lyra had just given in an important art project and exited through the side door. She then stopped and watched as some ponies tormented Fluttershy as she walked to and entered the art block. She looked very hurt by their comments despite trying not to show it. Lyra stormed up to the ponies.

"Hey! You guys!" she yelled.

"Oh, look, it's Heartstrings! Hey, hey, did you put those in your bag?" one laughed.

Lyra surpressed a laugh at the pony's idiocy, then wore a serious and angry expression.

"Fluttershy is a sweet and sensetive mare. You should NOT make fun of her like that. How would YOU like it if somepony took the hay out of you because of something you've done? Hey, tubby?" she pointed at a large pony, who jumped slightly. Lyra moved her hoof around to point at other ponies.

"Dumb Bell? Cougherlane? And don't get me started on Flim and Flam and their repeated mechanics which blow up in their face!"

The ponies shriveled back and Lyra pushed herself right into Thunderlane's face.

"You better leave Fluttershy alone, otherwise it could get bad for you. P.E is next, right? Messy, too. We don't want that, DO WE?"

Thunderlane gulped, nodded and ran away. The other four ponies quickly followed. Lyra smirked and walked off calmly.

Fourth Period: Physical Education

The teacher announced that the class would be playing 'Free-For-All-Pony-Dodgeball'. Lyra glared at the bullies from lunchtime, warning them to leave Fluttershy alone. Usually they would love to play and hurt other ponies, but Lyra's threat had scared them silly and they decided not to play.

Lyra dodged balls impressively, then saw Shining Armor unleash a ball with huge force and Fluttershy at the other end cowering. Lyra couldn't let this happen to a pony as soft as Fluttershy!

"FLUTTERSHY! LOOK OUT!" she yelled, diving infront of Fluttershy and taking the hard impact from the ball on her torso, "ARGH!"

She exhaled loudly as she was winded by the ball.

"Lyra!" Fluttershy cried.

Lyra spluttered and coughed. Shining Armor quickly ran up to her as everypony else stared.

"Oh my gosh! Lyra! I am so sorry...it's my magic..I just don't know what went wrong!" he said.

"It's fine, dude," Lyra smiled, "Fluttershy, mind taking me to the medical room?"

Fluttershy nodded and lifted Lyra up, one hoof over her shoulder.

Fifth Period: (Lesson missed, spent in medical room)

Lyra followed Fluttershy as she heard an amusing conversation. The nurse thought Fluttershy was returning to the medical room.

"Oh, sorry Nurse Redheart, it's not me. It's Lyra. She was hit hard in P.E." Fluttershy explained.

The rest of the lesson, Fluttershy sat by Lyra's side. She just needed a while to get her breath back as she had been winded by the ball. The two exchanged jokes and opinions on different lessons and students. Lyra brought up her phone as she lay down in a bed.

Comments ( 4 )

lol shining armor you jerk didnt twilight ever tell you not to hit a girl
+ i love the ponyhoof thing how did you get those pics?

681044 There's fake Facebook status makers all over the Internet :derpytongue2:

681724
cool i'll have to check that out

Login or register to comment