• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 42,310 Views, 4,897 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic -- Off The Record - The King of Hearts



A new pony is introduced to Equestria just before the fight with Nightmare Moon in Episode 1. Changing the entire story.

  • ...
298
 4,897
 42,310

PreviousChapters Next
Coming Clean

////
Coming Clean
////

What was to be done?

That was the question Alex had been stuck on for the past fifteen minutes, after hearing every word exchanged between Pinkie and Rainbow Dash. What should I say? What should I do? What was to be done?

Upon hearing this information, he had tried to rationalize it… He had, after all, spent countless nights with the queen of the changelings. But, everything that happened was more or less against his will, in the sense that she WAS having her way with a mind controlled version of him, but at the same time, it was the only fun he had during his imprisonment… Well, that and seeing Dash, even if she didn’t know it was him, and for every moment, he had imaged it was the mare he loved. Not the queen.

But… all of those times he had come across her while he was brainwashed, she was in an active relationship with this guy. She was having sex with somepony else, while she was literally the only thing that kept him going during his time of conscription.

And that fact hurt.

He had been punched, slapped, stabbed through the cheek with a gemstone, run through with a metal pole, and even fell hundreds of feet, just to collide with Dash midair and almost break his neck.

He had been though all of those horrible, painful experiences. And, as cliché as it sounded, this was by far the one that hurt the most. It wasn’t like physical pain that can be cured with a quick spell. This was like somepony had grabbed his heart, and violently ripped it out of his chest, and then stomped it in to the ground.

“How could she have cared so little?” Alex muttered, not daring be heard by Rainbow Dash, who he assumed was still below him in her office, “Was she so lonely, that she would lead on a nice guy like that, just to get herself off?”

It was a terrible action, and it almost made him be ashamed of her. That a mare like herself, would ever treat somepony so horribly.

He wanted to confront her, just as Pinkie had… but even he knew that she had had enough. Her friend had literally destroyed her, leaving her a quivering pile of sadness. Alex could have gone in, and thrown some salt in the wound… but the last thing he needed to do was stress her out so much that she had a stroke or something.

So, what was he supposed to do now? Go talk to a friend about all of this?

No. His pride wouldn’t allow that.

How weak and stupid would he look to everypony when they found out that he was some kind of cuckold?

Alex flinched at the word.

He couldn’t do this right now. No way.

He was lucky to be in Equestria, because all he needed to do was find a quiet spot, and he could put himself to sleep for a few hours. He was heartbroken, and it had literally drained all energy he had. But, that didn’t matter. He would be up all night regardless with this running through his head.

So, looking toward the library, Alex knew that he would be able to stash himself in the branches and be safe from being found. Nopony ever went in there. He even knew the best spot to position himself, where no windows or rooms were nearby to hear his rustling of the leaves.

Tossing the now cold food off the side of the building in to a bush, he took off from the roof, and bulleted in to his hiding place, where he was able to relax on a massive branch, and throw away his problems for a few hours.

Then, instantly, he cast a powerful sleep spell, that knocked him out instantly.

Unfortunately for him, all he did was dream of her breaking his heart. It was no escape at all.

////
The Next Day
////

The wind blew through the trees softly, causing a leaf to fall from a branch that hung only an inch from Alex’s face, landing perfectly on his nose.

Grunting in his sleep, he exhaled sharply, shooting the leaf back in to the air, only to have it fall back down, and land back on his nose.

“What the…” Alex muttered, opening his eyes, and looking at the leaf on his nose, “Why am I in this tree…?”

It took his about fifteen seconds to work out what had led to falling asleep in the tree, and immediately felt terrible the moment it all came back to him… Maybe he should just go back to sleep, until he couldn’t remember why he was running away.

Looking at the shadows around him that were being cast by the sun, he cocked his head for a moment. The light was beaming directly down on him. The sun must have been pretty high in the sky for that to happen.

Poking his head out of the tree, he was able to confirm that it must have been a few hours after noon. How long had he been out for?

“That spell must have been a little strong for me to sleep in so much.” Alex muttered.

His rambling to himself was cut short, when he spotted a familiar shadow in the sky, streaking toward the library.

“Oh crap…” Alex said, getting back in to his hiding spot.

A part of him just wanted to jump out and demand answers from her, but, he also knew that facing her like that could… well… end everything between them.

He didn’t even know if he was going to… end things with her over this lie.

He hadn’t had nearly enough time to think about it. And really… this purgatory he was in right now was the best he was going to be feeling for a long time. Because, even if he were to forgive her and continue their relationship, he wouldn’t— he couldn’t ever trust her again.

And on the other hoof, he could break up with her, and put himself through hell for losing the single greatest thing he had in his life. The woman of his dreams…

So, those were his two choices. But, if he were to put their confrontation off, he could always hold on to the dream that this was a massive misunderstanding. He knew that it wasn’t. But right now, there was still that sliver of a chance.

Once he spoke to her, it would be set in stone, and it would be over.

Right now though, anything could be the outcome.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on the front door of the library.

Poking his head down a bit, he was able to see that it was indeed Rainbow Dash, and she had a grave look on her face.

Was she coming here to talk to everypony? Without him?

That seemed really cold.

“Why did you call us all together for, Rainbow Dash?” Twilight asked, as Dash let herself into the library.

“Please sit down,” She sighed, looking back and forth across the room, “Is Pinkie not here?”

“She told me she was going to be busy today,” Spike answered, “She seemed really abrupt about it though…”

“Has anypony had any luck findin’ Alex?” Applejack asked.

Twilight shook her head, “I haven’t seen him in three days.”

“Three days?!” Alex whisper/shouted, as his stomach suddenly growled loud enough to scare the birds from the tree around him, “I should probably get something to eat and drink here... Well, after I watch this.”

Sneaking around the perimeter of the house, Alex found a high up, hidden window that he was able to both observe, and hear the conversation from.

“So… why’d’ja call us here?” Applejack asked, her tone clearly worried, “Are ya’ all right, Dash?”

Dash closed her eyes, exhaled, and began.

She started from the beginning, and revealed the truth behind the lie she had been telling everypony for so long. She had been secretly been sleeping with Speed every month for almost a year, and had only been drunk for the first time. Every time beyond that point, she had no control to deny him, and always found herself back in his arms.

At this point, her friends were all speechless.

She then went on to explain how she had continued sleeping with him, despite knowing that his feelings for her were powerful.

They were now all horrified.

And, finally, she tried to justify her actions to them all.

She was lonely.

He was incredibly similar to Alex.

Alex may not have come back.

And that was it. None of the girls in the room knew what to say to her. She had just admitted to some of the most horrible things they had ever heard. It sounded like something out of a terrible love story.

The silence in the room hung for minutes on end, as they each felt their opinions of Rainbow Dash change completely.

“Why are you telling us now?” Fluttershy finally asked, only worsening the tension in the room.

“Because…” Rainbow inhaled, knowing this answer would be the final nail in the coffin, “Pinkie found out, and told me that she would tell you, if I didn’t. That’s why she didn’t come today. She told me we’re no longer friends.”

They were all shocked to find out that she was only explaining her sins like this because Pinkie had forced her to.

“Rainbow Dash… would you have told anypony if Pinkie hadn’t found this out?” Rarity asked, completely horrified at this confession.

Dash only shook her head.

“Ah’ need to go.” Applejack said abruptly, walking past Rainbow Dash and out the door.

“Me… me too.” Fluttershy whimpered, lowering her head and getting herself out the door behind Applejack.

Twilight, Rarity and Spike were now left, unsure of what was to come next.

“I’ll go.” Dash said, turning around, “If you see Alex… Tell him I really do still love him.”

“Dash, wait!” Twilight said, stopping the mare in her tracks, “What do you plan on doing?”

“I’m getting away from everypony,” Dash said, “I think it’s about time I took Comet up on her persistent offer to join the Wonderbolts.”

“What?!” Spike said, “After all Alex went through to stop you the first time?”

“I’m a monster, Spike,” Dash said, her voice audibly cracking, “And Alex probably found out, and went home.”

“You can’t leave without talking to him, Rainbow Dash!” Rarity scolded, “It will kill him if he doesn’t know, and he finds out from us.”

Dash only turned around, and flew out the door.

Alex could have chased her, and told her that he loved her too. But he was a coward.

Besides. It was his turn to cry.

He had been lied to.

Cheated on.

It was over. He would never move past this, and Rainbow Dash seemed to know that herself.

////

PreviousChapters Next