• Published 18th Oct 2014
  • 3,262 Views, 39 Comments

Sunset's Reprieve - Cheerilyra



Sunset Shimmer feels mistreated at Canterlot High and wants to go back to Equestria.

  • ...
12
 39
 3,262

Observations

Chapter 2: Judgment

Sunset was woken abruptly as she was kicked out of bed; she stumbled as she tried to get up from the floor.

“Hey what was that for!” Sunset yelled, massaging her flank. Twilight yawned, rubbing her bloodshot eyes, the alicorn look as if she did not receive much sleep that night.

“Sorry, I was having the worst nightmare.” Twilight grumbled as she got out of bed and began heading towards the bathroom.

“You want to talk about it; maybe I could help in some way?” Sunset questioned, worried about her friend.

“Maybe later, all I want now is a nice warm shower and a nice breakfast; I really hope they have some daisy
sandwiches.” Twilight replied, her mouthwatering from the thought of all the delicious foods she would have while at the castle. She missed the times she had while studying at the castle, the endless variety of food and the library’s expansive collection of books were mesmerizing.

“I will see if I can get some food to be brought up here, I would like to talk to you about what I have missed during my exile.” Sunset giggled, seeing twilight’s dazed expression while thinking about food.

Sunset waited till twilight closed the door to the bathroom before exiting the room. She had realized that she had not been in the castle for a long time; she had no idea where to find the kitchens. Sunset began to wander; finding many interesting places along the way, some she did not even know existed. After observing the gardens, the library, and the royal baths she found what she assumed to be Luna’s room. She peered in, examining the layout of the room and its contents. Books lined the shelves, many about stars and other celestial objects, stellar charts, and to her surprise a projector that displayed stars along the walls and roof of the room. Sunset closed the door and turned to walk away, walking straight into Princess Luna.

“Snooping I see, looks like you haven’t changed at all Sunset. It is a shame that I will need to report this to Celestia, I really hoped you had changed.” Luna said, shaking her head disapprovingly.

“No please, do not tell Celestia, I was just trying to find the kitchens I swear” Sunset pleaded, continuing to beg for Luna not to mention what had happened. Luna burst into laughter, falling to the ground in a fit of giggles. Sunset stared at the princess in shock, wondering what had just happened. After Luna’s laughter subsided, she gained her composure to talk to sunset.

“I know you were just wondering, and personally I wouldn’t care if you looked into my room. The castle is free for you to use, as long as you don’t go into any of the restricted parts of the castle. I was just trying to see how you would react, and let me tell you it was hilarious. Let me take you to the kitchens, we can talk on the way.” Luna said smiling.

The two set off to the kitchens, Luna began to ramble about the night she had just had, talking about boring paperwork and the dreams she had witnessed.

“Twilight told me that she had a nightmare last night, can you tell me what it was about?” Sunset questioned, hoping to get some insight in order to help her friend.

“I do not talk about specific ponies dreams; I keep the names confidential in order to protect the ponies that have them from unwanted conversations. All I can say about Twilight’s nightmare is that she cares a lot about the people close to her, especially you for some reason. Anything else about the dream twilight has to tell you herself.” Luna replied, hoping that Sunset would understand the privacy of other ponies.

The two had reached the kitchens, and Sunset began to find some foods that she thought both Twilight and she would enjoy. After getting a platter of daisy sandwiches, flapjacks, hay fries, and a pitcher of orange juice she rejoined Luna outside of the kitchen doors.

“Well I think it’s time for me to get some sleep, have a good day Sunset.” Luna said and began to walk back to her quarters.

“Wait! Can I ask you one more question? Why are you being so friendly to me after what I did to you and your sister in the past?” Sunset asked, pondering the kindness she had been shown by the princess.

“I do not hold grudges as bad as my sister does, if twilight believes that you are reformed then so do I. I was just like you once, when I was reformed many other still were scared or did not trust me. I do not want you to experience the same troubles that I had experienced.” Luna replied and started off towards her quarters.

Once back at her room, Sunset set up the breakfast to eat out on the balcony and went to get her shower. Once finished she came out of the bathroom to see twilight sitting out on the balcony ready to eat. The two began to shovel in the food spread out for them, realizing how hungry the two were since they had not eaten since yesterday’s lunch on earth.

“So what are your plans today?” Sunset asked, hoping she could tag along on at least one of twilight’s activities.

“Well this morning I am planning on helping Celestia with some royal duties so she can observe you. Then in the afternoon me and the girls are planning are going out for dinner and a drink or two. You can come if you like after you’re done with the princess.” Twilight replied, hoping that she would agree to tag along with her friends and her.

“That sounds great! I cannot wait to hang out with you girls some more. I wonder what Celestia is going to make me do?”

The two continued to eat, enjoying the company of one another. The two heard a knock and turned to watch as Princess Celestia walked into the room.

“I see you two found the benefits of the fully stocked kitchen, glad to see you two are enjoying yourselves.” Celestia said, smiling at the two ponies.

“Celestia, how are you? Would you care to join and eat with us?” Twilight exclaimed, happy to see her mentor.

“No thanks Twilight, I already ate and I am doing just fine. I just came here to tell Sunset to meet me in the gardens in about an hour, we have a lot to do and discuss. Twilight you will be taking care of any of the civil disputes that are on the docket today.” Celestia responded.

“Ok, that sounds good!” The two said in unison as Celestia began to walk out of the room.

The two continued to enjoy the company of each other, watching the bustling streets of Canterlot, all the types of ponies doing their daily shopping. It was a beautiful day, the sun was out and only a couple of clouds filled the sky.

“Well I’m stuffed, thank you for setting up this wonderful meal sunset, I hope we can do this again sometime.” Twilight said, smiling at her friend for the nice gesture that she had performed.

“I would like that as well; I guess we should get started with our tasks. I hope that Celestia warms up to me today, she was really harsh yesterday and I don’t think I can take another outburst again.” Sunset replied, nervous about the events that may take place today.

“Yeah she was kind of harsh on you, she is usually more compassionate. Don’t worry; she will become nicer towards you once she sees how much you have changed.” Twilight responded, trying to comfort her friend and give her support on what may lie ahead of her.

The two walked out of the room, hugged, and went off in their separate directions. Sunset found the garden with ease with the knowledge of this morning’s trip. She saw the princess standing next to a large tree and walked over to her.

“Good morning princess, I hope you had a good morning so far.” Sunset said, trying to start a conversation that would not cause the princess to get angry with her.

“My day has been great so far, it’s relaxing to know that I will be able to relax for the day knowing that Twilight is taking care of my duties for today. Today I thought we would go shopping, you don’t have any clothes or other supplies. Then I thought we could get some dinner and maybe a trip to the spa if you want.” Celestia said, hoping that her ex-student would agree with the events she had planned today.
Sunset was shocked to hear the princess say this, she thought that Celestia would just observe her everyday life, not being nice to her and spending quality time with her.

“That sounds great! Twilight and the girls are going out tonight for dinner and a drink or two, maybe we can join them? What should we do first?”

“Well since you will be attending the summer sun celebration soirée after the raising of the sun, you are going to need to have some formal clothes; I think Rarity would gladly make you something.”

The two set off to Rarity’s room, hoping to find the fashionista there. They were in luck; Rarity had just finished getting her shower.
“Hello Rarity, are you busy?” Celestia asked.

“Not at all princess, please do come in. What do you require or want to talk about?” Rarity replied.

“Well as you know, there will be a party of sorts after the raising of the sun. I know that all of the rest of you girls have dresses for the event, however sunset is lacking in the wardrobe department. Is there any way you can create one of your masterpieces for her before the party?” Celestia asked.

Rarity looked at sunset, pondering the fact if she deserved a dress from her. After all of the pain she had caused to the princesses.
“I guess I can squeeze one dress into my busy schedule, she will have to pay for the materials though. I will forgo the charges for the time it would take me to make the dress.” Rarity sighed, she was not sure if sunset even deserved that much off one of her dresses, but she was a friend of twilight’s so she at least deserves something.

“Thank you Rarity, hopefully I still have some bits in the bank after being gone for this long. If I do I will make sure to pay you at dinner tonight. Do you need to take my measurements before we leave?”

“Of course darling, let me see if I can go find measuring tape in the closet. After that I will take a trip down to Canterlot and get the supplies I will need to make the outfit.” Rarity replied, walking into the back room, leaving the princess and Sunset alone to talk.

“So what has happened since I was gone?” Sunset asked.

“Oh you know, Discord trying to take over Equestria, the changlings invading Canterlot, and Tirek trying to steal every pony’s power.” Celestia said nonchalantly.

“So pretty much what happens every decade.” Sunset replied. The two laughed, Equestria always has some random threat occurring. Rarity came back into the room and began taking Sunset’s measurements. Once finished the three said their goodbyes and then the two began walking to the bank. Apparently being exiled for 10 years make your money accumulate a fair amount of interest. Afterward the two made their way to the spa, Celestia and Sunset talked more about what had happened in the past and gossiped.

“Can you tell me more about twilight, what are her hobbies, what was it like mentoring her, does she like anyone special?” Sunset questioned, slightly regretting the last part of her question.

Celestia maniacally giggled, leaning close to sunset. “Oh why does it matter if she likes anyone, you interested? I’ll be sure to tell her about it”
“What! No no no, I just meant what friends she had besides the friends I have already met.” Sunset stammered, blushing at the response of the princess.

“Oh ok, well besides the ones you have already met I don’t really know many other friends that twilight spends time with. I haven’t had much of a chance to spend quality time with twilight, something that I should change. Also last time I checked twilight wasn’t dating anyone.”
They finished out there spa time in awkward silence, sometime exchanging in small talk to pass the time. It was about five in the afternoon when they left the spa, so they went to the restaurant that Twilight told them to meet.

Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating in forever, I lack motivation when it comes to writing. Also with college starting up again I haven’t had much free time. Any suggestions about this chapter or future chapters would be highly appreciated. This chapter is short because it’s a build up to a larger chapter. Thanks for reading!

Comments ( 9 )

Do you have an editor? If not, I am of service. If yes, I suggest firing them.

(Exit stage left)

6507726 No I don't have an editor, personally I don't think I need one. Yeah I know I am going to make mistakes, if they are major people will comment on it and I will fix it. But minor spelling issues to me are not a problem, I am doing this for fun and not for popularity or as a job. Thanks for the offer though.

I was hoping this story would get updated.

“Oh you know, Discord trying to take over Equestria, the changlings invading Canterlot, and Tirek trying to steal every pony’s power.” Celestia said nonchalantly.

I honestly don´t mind it, but I guess the story changed from what you would have written, because of all the new stuff that happened right?, or do you just continue somewhere in the middle? I would be honestly like that I guess, it doesn´t have to continue after the last available episode.

Honestly I liked the episode with Raritys new shop, or at least the idea, but somehow I didn´t liked it that much to notice, that you probably just added the new stuff, to something that probably was supposed to happen in a different way after you had written it last year.
I guess I just hoped for something that started somewhere in the middle again.

However I probably read everything again next time, to remember everything, and I´m just glad that it is alive again.

That was a pretty interesting chapter. Seeing Celestia and Sunset spending time together was great. I can't wait for more.

7092988 I agree completely

Have some pony attempt to harm Twilight because Celestia was to be there and have sunset catch the villain before the week is up.

Where is the rest of the story?

5 years later still waiting for the update .... PLEASE COME BACK!🙏😭

Login or register to comment