• Published 25th Oct 2014
  • 1,698 Views, 69 Comments

Mirror Redemption - Nonagon



The human Twilight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer come to terms with their mirror counterparts' actions.

Comments ( 13 )

"What would you say," I said quietly, staring into her wide, adorable eyes, "if I told you that I knew how to send you back to Equestria?"

I'd say you're a dirty cocktease.

I expect Shimmer will have more of a character redemption than she's already had. I expect there will be some changeling shenanigans. I am expecting that at least one of the Twilights will have sex with at least one of the Sunsets. Not too sure beyond that.

I would love to see this series keep right on chugging along, as this is easily my favorite "clop" series, and even one of the top series overall. But I am anticipating the "final chapters" nonetheless.

5658780 just have a great big pile

A storm of... CHAOS?!

I call a fivesome with the two Sunsets, two Twlights, and Flash, the lucky bastard. Ah let's throw in Shining as well to make things ridiculously awkward.

Damn, just had to end it with a cliffhanger didn't you. Can't wait for the next one now.

Loved hearing about how it started though, makes me wonder what point the changelings got involved and more importantly how they became the mechanical abominations you've so elegantly designed.

5668084 Changelings were always synonymous with Shimmer. As soon as I decided that she needed to make an appearance I conceived her as a monster hunter, and changelings conveniently provided her backstory as well as a lot of her personality. As for their biomechanical designs, that was another concession to writing in Humanland. Magic does exist in this world, but it's a more subtle, everyday kind, not something that lends itself to shapeshifters. Plus, I felt that a human-shaped bug would be more silly than threatening, and I couldn't in good conscience write something that I couldn't square biologically. Then I hit upon the idea of having them grow synthetic skin to imitate humans, and had them stretch it over a skeleton of salvaged junk to keep them from having to grow an entire new body every time. I actually had no idea how beautifully terrifying this combination was until I actually started writing them - even after all the weirdness that's turned up in this series, Shimmer's fight scene is still my biggest "what the hell am I writing" moment.

Desire to write a Terror in the Glass Factory prequel: +1.

You know, I've been thinking about this story while shaving, as what else could I possibly be thinking about, and it occurred to me that we have no idea what happened in Equestria for the past year or so. Even if Shimmer really has a way back for Twilight, that would only be the beginning of her problems, as she would have to clean up after Discord and/or Tirek. Who knows if her Equestrian friends are still alive, to say nothing of the princesses who are probably wasting away in Tartarus or a plunder vine cage.
But I'm sure you have already considered this and are working on a sufficiently epic conclusion that ties the fates of the two worlds together as we speak. :twilightsmile:

I feel Shimmer was able to just do whatever. She did several awful things that were brushed aside after no more than an angry word, if that. I'm sorry but you really just made her out to be a bitch. I fantasized several times in the last couple of chapters about her being killed different ways.

5727452
Shimmer is the spouse beating narcist and everyone else are her battered wives/husbands. How on earth no one has cut this toxic cunt out of their lives is mind boggling to say the least.

Immaculate world building, immaculate character building. It would probably be impossible, but I think it would be really cool if you could find a way to SFW this so that a wider audience can be exposed to your brilliance.

Onto the Finale.

Edit: actually, nope, I'm gonna put it off for a bit, this shit is legitimately EXHAUSTING to read, it's so goddamn heavy.

6065436 Creating a SFW version has been the plan for some time. I've certainly gotten enough requests for it. I have no idea how I'm going to manage it, though. The first two arcs can be done easily enough by strategically cutting to black, and I think that I can convince Shimmer to be alone in a room with Shining Armour without taking her clothes off if I can bribe her with something else, but it's going to take some major rethinking to tone down that one incredibly long scene that is by its very nature Not Safe For Woona. Even the finale is going to be easier than this. Ponder, ponder, ponder...

And yeah, I don't blame you. Writing this stuff is exhausting. Twilight's self-hatred is bad enough, but I can only stand to be in Shimmer's headspace for a couple of hours at a time. It's no wonder these things take me for flipping ever to do.

I'm with Rhulain. Shimmer got off way too easy.

Login or register to comment