• Published 17th Sep 2014
  • 1,546 Views, 44 Comments

Ponï Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger - Axle the Cobalt Exorcist



When an ancient evil raises it's up to six unlikely heros to work together to stop it

  • ...
11
 44
 1,546

Special Brave 6. Let's go Pirates

It was a cloudy night. Luna's moon was covered by storm clouds making the hombre completely void of light. The thick fog didn't help with the lack of visibility. Two pegasi were moving clouds across the sky. "Why do we have to take the late shift?" The yellow mare said, frustrated by her situation.

"Because we were the ones who drew the short straws." The light blue stallion answered as he moved a cloud into poisson. "Now come on. The sooner we get this done, the sooner we can go to bed."

"I know. I just don't like working extra hours." The mare said as she crossed her hooves.

"It’s not that bad." The stallion said as he came up to his partner. "Pulse we're getting paid overtime for this."

"I guess you’re right." The mare said as she as she started to kick some of the stray clouds. "But don't think I'm not going to complain to the boss in the morning." The two continued to work.

The stallion soon turned his head. His eyes went wide for a moment before he turned back to his partner. "Hey. You might want to see this"

"What is it?" The mare said. When she turned around she saw something in the fog. It was hard to see at first, but the black outline soon came closer. It soon became clear that it was a ship. It was a red barque with all three sails ruined with its flag still intake. The ship in genuine look like it's seen better days. From what the two pegasi could see it looked completely abandoned. "Do you think we should tell someone?" The mare said still faced.

"I think so." The stallion replied.


In the Spirit Base Flash was alone practicing his sword technique. He swung the blade around, switching from an underhand to an overhand grip. "Even thou I'm no longer in the normal Rouel guard branch I still need to keep my skills sharp." He told himself. "Like Caption Armor said. "A blade is only as good as the one behind it.'"

"Hey Flash." Lockpick said as he entered the room.

"Oh. Hey Lock." Flash said as came out of his fighting stance." Do you want to spare?"

"Maybe later. I have something important to show you." The two soon came eye to eye. A second later the grey unicorn face started to melt. His flesh started to come off like wax from a lit candle. Soon standing in front of the Pegasus was a unicorn skeleton.

"AAAAHHH!!!" Flash let out a long scream as the skeleton disappeared into a blue light.

"Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

Laughing in the doorway was both Lockpick and Cheese. "Sorry Flash, but I wanted to test out my new illusion spell." Lock said as the two came out of hiding. "And Cheese thought it was a good idea to prank someone."

"And we totally got you!" The party pony said as the two bro hoofed." You should have seen your face. You were all AAAAHHH!" He said as he imitated exactly how Flash reacted.

"You do realize this means war." Flash said with an unamused face.

"Noted."

"Why did you even learned an illusion spell?" The blue haired pony asked.

"Well since Trixie could do all sorts of spells in fights. I thought it might help if I learned some to."

"You don't need to do that. Your physical abilities are already beyond that of the other unicorns I've trained with." Flash said as he picked back up his sword.

"Yeah, but unicorns will always be seen physically weaker than a Pegasus or an earth pony." Lock said as he sat down at the table.

Cheese came up right next to him. "Why don't you just focus kicking flank, which you are so awesome at and leave all that magic stuff to Trixie. After all it is her special talent."

"But isn't she just a showmare." The Pegasus said.

"Hey. If we're comparing cutie marks then out of the five of us you’re the only one qualified to save ponies lives."

"He makes a good point." Lock added

In a flash of light Braeburn and Trixie appeared on the pedestal. "Hey! Guess they found at the harbor." Trixie said

"What?"

"A couple of pegasi found an abandoned pirate ship." Braeburn answered. Lock raised an eyebrow. "They said it came from the fog."

"Did it still have its flag?" Lock asked.

"Yeah." Trixie said.

"Can you draw it?"

The blue mare picked up a piece of paper and a pen in her magic. She then she sat at the table and drew the symbol from the flag. It was a Jolly Roger with two swords crossed and skull like symbol.

"No way!" Lock said as his eyes lit up and he held up the piece of paper. "This is the flag of the Gokai Pirates."

The other four looked at the treasure hunter with confused looks. "Who's the Gokai Pirates?" Cheese asked

"It's said that there the greatest pirates to ever sail the severe seas." Lock answered with a big smile. "Two years ago they disappeared searching for the greatest treasure in the universe. It's even rumored they went to different worlds in order to find it."

"How do you know all this?" Braeburn asked.

"I'm a treasure hunter. To us they are legendary." Lock responded. "And if the Galleon back then their treasure must be on it." He then ran to the pedestal to leave the base. "Come on we're going on an adventure."

"You can't be serious." Trixie said

"Adventure!" Cheese yelled out as he followed the unicorn.

"Come on. My cousin and her friends dose stuff like this all the time." Braeburn said with Flash closer behind.

The magician crossed her hooves before running out herself. "Wait! Trixie doesn't want to be alone!"


The five had gotten to the harbor town. Lock was leading the group with a look of determinant on his face. "Hey Lock. What else do you know about these pirates?" Flash asked.

"Well from what I heard one of them was supports to be a great swords pony and the only earth pony to use five swords at once." Lock answered. "Then there's Luka who's a master thief. I even think that one of them was a Princess from another country."

"You mean she was a alicorn like Celestial or Luna?" Trixie asked.

"No. I think she was a Pegasus."

The group soon came to the docks. That's when they saw the bright red ship. It looked like it was in ruins. It was anchored to the dock. It gave off a strange haunted feel "I'm starting to have second thoughts about this." Tricia said with a worried look.

Lock just smiled. "Come on this is going to be fun." He said as he ran up to the boat. After a few minutes the five managed to get on to the top deck. The deck was in the same shape as the rest of the ship.

As they looked around they soon came to the ship's living quarters. The room was in good shape with the exception of a few cobwebs. They all look around. "Wow there's pirates really had some good taste." Tricia said examining the couch.

"Some of this stuff looks really weird." Braeburn said as he poked through a panel with a bunch of machine parts.

Lock brushed off some of the dust on the chair in the middle of the room with his hoof. "Wow this is quite amazing. Seeing how these ponies live just makes me want to find that treasure even more."

"Why are you even after this treasure any way?" Braeburn asked.

"It's sort my dream." Lock said as he clouded his eyes. Soon memories of when he was a colt filled his head." That some day I'll go down in history as a grate adventure."

"Wow. You really have guts to go after your dreams like that." Flash said, impressed by the treasure hunter. "I sorta have my own dreams I want to fulfill." He started to blush.

Cheese's attention was on the console in front of the stars. Curious the curly haired pony pressed one of the buttons. All of a sudden the ship began to shake. The five looked around confused.

"Um guys. I think you might want to see this." Braeburn said as he looks threw the port hole. When the others looked they were shocked to see that the boat not only left the dome but was now in the air.

"Grate Lock!" Trixie said with an angry expiration on her face." Now we're trapped up here."

The treasure hunter turned around from the window and to the stare case. "We can figure out how to get back after we find the treasure. Now come on it's probably on one of the lower decks." He said as he left the room. His teammate soon followed.

As they continued to down to the bolus of the ship. The ship soon became a maze of pips and dark corduroys. Lock was leading the down the dark hall way. "Okay this please is starting freak me out." Flash said as he took up the rear.

"Yeah, there might be ghosts on this ship." Cheese said as he turned back to the Pegasus.

"Will you pipe down!?" Braeburn said. "There no such thing as ghosts. Uncial Apple Bread told me so. Before he dissuaded to marry a woodpecker." The group was silent for a moment. "We're not allowed to talk to him anymore."

"Lock! You're going to get us all killed." Trixie said

"Don't worry. I promise that nothing bad is going to happen to you guys." Lock said as he faced the group and holding up a hoof.

*click!* *click!* "Waaaaaa!"

Soon out of nowhere a mechanical bird came out from the ceasing letting out a high pitch yell. It was marine and gold and it had some machine parts exposed. It flew around the ponies a few times before it crashed into Lock. He then fell back into a trapdoor in the wall. The door then closed behind him.

"Lock!" Cheese yelled with a worried look on his face. He along with Flash and Trixie soon started to pound on the wall in a panic but the door wouldn't open.

"Calm down everyone!" The three soon stopped as Braeburn spoke up.

"We need to find him." Flash said with a concerned face.

"I'm not that worried about him." The farm pony said. "I'm pretty sure he can handle anything that comes at him."

"Ooh. Visitors." A mysteries said. The four turned around to see a small blue fireball floating in the hall.

"AAAHHHH!" Cheese yelled out in fear as he jumped into Trixie's hooves.

"W-what on earth?" Trixie said with a scared face

"Oh no. Did they see me?" The fire said as it flew away from them.

"Do we follow it?" Braeburn asked.

"W-we don't really have too many options." Flash responded. The four then ran after the strange phenomenon


Lockpick groined as he woke up on the gray floor." Uh. I hope me waking up in weird places doesn't become a regular thing." He said as he started to wake up.

"Oh. This has happened before." A new voice said. The unicorn turned around to see who it came from. He soon found a red earth pony with a black mane sitting in a chair that looked like the one from the living quarters. The pony was wearing a black and white striped shirt and a long red coat with a gold trim. Around his neck was a necklace with a lock on it.

"Who are you?" The gray unicorn said.

The earth pony put his hoof to his chin and closed his eyes. "Well I guess I'm the spirit that's foisted to stay on this ship. I am the leader of the Gokaigers, Captain Marvelous." As he said that he opened his eyes and shot lock a look. "And who might you be?"

"My name is Lockpick." The unicorn answered." And what just hit me?"

"That would be Navi but the more important question is why are you hear?"The Caption said with a smile.

"I came with my friends to find the treasure on this ship."

"I see." Marvelous said as he got up from his chair." Well then. If you’re after my treasure there's something I must tell you. I don't plan on giving it up." He then pulled out a device from his cote. It opened up to reveal a bunch of numbers and two swords. He then pulled out a small red figurine that folded into a key. He pleased the key into the device and twisted it. The top part then opened into the same symbol as the flag. "Gokai Change!"

"GO-KAIGER!!"

He then held the device forward as three Xs came out. In a flash of red light the earth pony transformed. His body was covered in a black battle suit with a red jacket. It had a white emblem on his chest. He had on a red helmet with a black visor and the same emblem.

"No way." Lock said in amazement. Gokai Red said nothing. He held up a red musket and fired a few shots at Lock. The unicorn dogged all the shots as he pulled out his own gun. "You're not the only one that can do that. Brave In!"

"GABRECHO! GABUTYRA!"

"Kyoryu Change!" Lock then dove out of the way in order to avoid the pirate's attack. When he stopped rolling on the floor he pulled the trigger and transformed. "Fire!" The stallion soon transformed in front of his opponent.

"My, haven't seen that one before." Gokai Red said as he threw his gun away and pulled out a sword. Kyoryu Red did the same. The two ponies ran at each other ready to attack. Their blades clashed. The two red dressed ponies were locked in battle.


The four continued to look for the floating blue fireball. Braeburn was leading the group as the hall was lit by Trixie's horn. Trixie, Cheese, and Flash all had a look of fear.

"This is not what I signed up for." Flash said

"I thought ghost only lived in the Everfree Forest." Trixie said. "At least that's what all the stores say."

As they turned the corner they soon found a hallway full of the blue fireball. Their entire pupil became shank. "What are you waiting Braeburn. You go first." Cheese said, his face sowing fear.

Slowly the group began to move forward into a room. Soon one of the fireballs formed into a creator with a black head with a red scorpion design. "Look! Ponies!"

"AAAHHHH!" Flash, Cheese, and Trixie all screamed as they all piled on to Braeburn.

"Oh boy." Said a fireball that formed into a big mouthed fish creator. "Wait. Don't they smell formula?"

"Yeah! There Sentai!" A robot with a soccer ball head yelled out.

"Now hold on a second." The farmer said as he got up from the dog pile. "Just what the hay are all ya'll?"

"We are the spirits of the foot soldiers that were defeated by the past Super Sentai." A monster with a cap over its eyes said. "And now that you're here we can get owe revenge."At that moment all the spirits started to form together. Soon standing in front of the ponies was a huge mash up of monsters.

The four ponies just stood there still faced. "You know I'm not scared anymore." Trixie said.

"Yeah it's doesn't really have a collective effect." Cheese added.

"What!?" One of the heads of the monster said." How can you not be afraid? With all of our powers combined we could finally win for once."

"Yeah!"

"Woo-Hoo!"

"Where am I?"

The group was silent. They couldn't think of a word that could describe what was in front of them. They held out their Batteries and slowly loaded their Gaburevalver.

"GABRECHO!"


Gokai Red and Kyoryu Red continued to clash swords. Kyoryu Red swung his blade only to miss. The pirate managed to kick his opponent across the room before shooting with his gun. "Wow! You're pretty good for a ghost." Kyoryu Red said as he got up.

"You're not too bad yourself." Gokai Red said." But you're nowhere close to my skill." He then charged forward with his sword only for his target to move out of the way at the last second.

"That means a lot but I'm not out of tricks yet." The unicorn replied as his horn glowed. Soon the room was filled with copies of him.

Gokai Red swung his sword at the copy he thought was the real one only for it to disappear. "Neat trick. But you're not the only one who has an ace in the hole." The pirate said as he pressed the button on his belt. It flipped open to reveal another figure. He took it out and put it into the device." How's about a blast from the past Dino boy. Gokai Change!"

"ZYU-RANGER!"

A gold symbol appeared as the pony glowed red. When the light disappeared the earth pony was in a different suite. It was red with white diamonds on the chest. The helmet looks like a T-Rex. "No way! You can change forms!?" Kyoryu Red said surprised but still counseling his location. The new warrior held up a large sword and swung it several times causing the copies to disappear. The real Kyoryu Red snuck up from behind and kicked him. When he got up he pulled out another key.

"Gokai Change!"

"MA-GIRANGER!"

A magic circle fell over the earth pony, changing his suite aging. This time it was a solid red with black lines. He had a cap and his helmet had a phoenix decide. He then held up a black stick with the same symbol on top."Magi Magiak!" He yelled out as flames came out of the Magi Stick

"GABRECHO! ALLOMERUS!"

Kyoryu Red held up the Gaburevalver in his free hoof and shot out flame to counter his opponent's. "You're going to need more then fire to take me down." The unicorn said.

"GAO-RANGER!"

"GAO!"

Jumping out of the flames was a completely different creator. Kyoryu Red got out of the way before the beast's attack hit. The beast stood on two lags and had claws. It was still in a red suit with a yellow stripe and a lion symbol on its chest. It also had a lion helmet.

Gokai-Gao Red attacked used both his claws deliver a few hits, forcing Kyoryu Red back. "Just because you have a bunch of costume changes that doesn't mean I'll go done so easily." The unicorn said.

"Then how's about we make it showy and finish this." Gokai Red said as he transformed back to his first form. He held up the key before putting it into a slot on the sword. When he twisted it the emblem on the sword began to glow.

"FINAL WAVE!"

"Couldn't agree with you more." Kyoryu Red said as he held up a Beast Battery."Brave In!" He planted it into the Gabucalibers and pulled back the pump. The blade started to glow red

"VOMLOA!"

"Gokai Slash!"

"Zuden Brave Slash!"

Both ponies ran at full force towards each other. Both of their blades clashed in the middle of the room. A red light filled the air as the two rangers pounded all of their power into their attack. Both of them got blown back. When the two hit the floor they changed back to normal.

"Ha Ha Ha-ha!" Marvelous laughed putting his fore leg over his head. "It been a long time since I had this much fun."

Lock rolled over on to his stomach. "Well at least you enjoyed almost killing me." He said with sarcasm in his voice. For a moment the gray pony was silent as the pirate continued to laughing "By the way, what happened to the rest of your team?"

The pirate's laughter died as he sat up. "Uh. There no longer with us." He said in a low tone. "They were able to rest in peace and I'm stuck here, protecting my treasure."

"It must be some treasure if you willing to protect it even as a spirit." Lock replied as he got up.

"You have no idea." Marvelous walked to the chair he was sitting in. He went behind it and pulled out a small chest. "Hear." He then presented it to Lock.

"We were just fighting a minute ago and now you're giving me your prized passion." The unicorn said as he took the chest in his magic.

"Hey! I found the greatest treasure in the universe then distorted it. I not the best at making designs." The Caption said with a smile on his face.

The unicorn just stood there slacked jawed for a moment. He shook his head to come back to his senses after hearing that." You gotta be kidding me."

Marvelous just nodded. "Do you want the treasure or..."

"I want the treasure." He said instantly.

"Thanks Lockpick. If you and your friends show as much spirit to chase you dreams as we did then I guess I could rest in peace." Marvelous said as the Lock pleased the chest on to his back. "Oh and a bit of advice from one red ranger to another. Keep an eye out for a guy by the name of Akared."

"I'll keep that in mind." Lock said. After a moment the ship started to shake. A large piece of metal fell from the ceiling. "Now what!?"

"Yeah. You might want to find your friends and get out of here." Marvelous said. Lock just nodded before he made his way to the door.


Kyoryu Blue and Kyoryu Green continued to attack the foot soldier monster. For a few minutes now the two weren't really trying. The monster wasn't putting much of a fight. It was mostly fighting with itself. "You know I'm starting to get board." Green said

"Yeah these guys are a joke." Blue replied as the monster continued to argue to itself.

"This is all your flat metal head!"

"Look who's talking one eye!"

"Shut up bat boy!"

The two ponies look at each other."How are you guys doing?" Green turned around to see Kyoryu Black and Pink lying around.

"We're good." Black said as he sat there with a bored expression under his mask. He was occupied by throwing a ball into the air and catching it.

"And how's Trixie?"

Black poked the mare who was just laying there with his hoof. "I think she's asleep." Black answered.

"Hey Trixie, wake up!" The Pegasus yelled out.

The mare immediately sprang up. "Take that Ursu major!" She yelled out as she woke up.

"Trixie I need to barrio your DreceLance." Flash said as he extended his hoof. "And your shied too Cheese." The two ponies gave the Pegasus their weapons. He then condoned the two with his Zakutor Cutter to form a sword like weapon.

The guard then raised the sword. "Hey cluster buck!" He yelled out. All the monster heads all focused on the green pony. He then performed a vertical slash and sent a wave of blue energy tours the monster. "Shield Lan Slasher!" When the attack hit the monster was cut in half.

"No! Not this again!" All the voices yelled before exploding.

Green put the sword down and looked at his teammate. "You know that was surprisingly unsatisfying" he said as the four undid their tranfomaon. As they regrouped in the middle of the room the ship around them started to shake

"What's that?" Cheese asked as the group all looked up

"Hey guys!" The four turned to see the gray stallion running tours them from the hallway with a treasure chest on his back.

"Lock!" Trixie said as the five were reunited. The two unicorns hugged for a moment before the two pushed each other away and started to rub the backs of their heads. "Soooo did you find the treasure?" The mare asked as their faces turned red.

"Yeah but we need to get out of here." Lock responded

"But how? If you forgotten we're in the middle of the sky." Braeburn pointed out.

"Don't worry, I have an idea." The black haired stallion said as he ran out of the room. His team soon followed.


The team soon made their way topside. The wind was blowing as five were running at full speed before Lock made a jump off the front of the ship but before he could get fare Braeburn pulled him by the tail back to the deck. "What in Sam Hill are ya thinking?!" The farmer ask

"Don't worry about it." Lock said as it became more obvious that the ship was falling apart. "Like I said before. Nothing bad is going to happen to you guys."

The team was silent for a moment. They looked at each other as it was clear that they were thinking the same thing. "Okay. We'll trust you." Flash said. The five soon found themselves on the edge of the bout.

"Hey Flash. You’re a Pegasus. You don't have to jump." Cheese said as he looked at the blue haired stallion.

Flash continued to look down. "We're a team. If you four go down then so will I."

"Okay everyone. On the count of three." Lock said. "One...Two...Three!" The teams jumped and were soon in a free fall.

"Any time you're willing to save owe lives. Now would be grate." Trixie yelled as they were falling. They soon coming in to view was not only a landmass but Gabutyra as well. Lock pulled out an indigo Beast Battery with the number 16 on it.

"Brave In!" Lock activated the battery and threw it. It then grew and entered Gabutyra's mouth.

"GABRECHO! BEYONSMO!"

The red Voltasaur's soon began to stretch. It continued to extend until Lock, Braeburn, Cheese, and Trixie all landed on his head. Ones they were safe the Pegasus started to flap his wings. "Why didn't you tell us you had the Beyonsmom battery!?" Trixie yelled.

"Gee. Thanks for saving our lives Lock." The treasure hunter said in a condescending tone.


After their little adventure, Lock was hard at work trying to open the treasure chest that Marvelous had given him. His had been trying to figure out the hexagonal lock for about half an hour. As the sun began to set his friends came up behind him. "So did ya open that thing yet?" Cheese asked.

"Almost." Lock responded as his horn began to grow brighter. "This is a much more complicated than the ones I'm used to." Ones they heard a click the unicorn opened the box. The five looked inside however the other four soon looked confused.

"What are those things?" Braeburn asked.

"Please tell me we didn't just risk owe lives for this." Flash followed.

"I thought you said that there was an amazing treasure on that ship." Trixie added.

In the box were six figures just like the ones Marvelous used in battle. Red, Blue, Yellow, Green, Pink, and Silver. Lock was silent for a moment." In a way it is. These keys are the treasure Marvelous was willing to protect even as a spirit. They hold the Gokaigers great power and all their dreams and in a way the dreams of all the Super Sentai."

"Like our dreams?" Cheese asked.

"Yeah. Like our dreams." Lock answered as they all looked out into the distends. The six keys started to glow before the lights flu up into the sky. "Rest in peace Caption Marvelous" Lock whispered. The five ponies were silent as they looked out to the sunset.

To be the grates unicorn in Equestria

To go after the mare of my dreams

To make sure that every pony has a smile on their face

To make my family proud

To go down in history as a great adventure

"And to defeat the Denboss army!!!" They all yelled out

TBC

Next time on Ponï Zuden Sentai Kyoryuger

"Hello Kyoryugers."

"Ankydon has awoken!"

"You're gonna need to spit up."

"I have the feeling this is going to end badly."

Next time: Brave 7. Boom! Rise of the Steely Hero Part 1.

Brave In!

Author's Note:

A Barque is a ship that has three or more masts. You might as well learn something from this thing

I'M BACK EVERYONE. I have some news. I now have a Tumbler [Link]so go there to ask me stuff and read anime review I've written. And now I going to end this thing to only way I know how to end a Gokaiger crossover.

Shoutout to Dusk Narukami for last chapter

Pleas leave a comment. I love feedback