• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 904 Views, 16 Comments

The World That Time Forgot - Spike394



The Doctor recalls his time in Equestria before his meeting of clara in Victorian London.

  • ...
2
 16
 904

Ch 9: Time For Action

Gaia: approx. 1004 C.E: Equestria: Ponyville: Town Square

The sun was rising from the horizon as Twilight Sparkle lifted the sun. It was a little shaky at first but the sun finally rose to its proper position in the morning sky. A heavy dew hung in the early dawn air, a thin fog rolled along the ground as Luna tread towards the center of Town Square. The statue on the fountain gleamed as it caught the sunlight. Looking up at it, she still thought back at the events that happened just hours earlier. Discord had been devastated at the death of Fluttershy. The remaining elements of harmony were now over at the cottage mourning over their own loss of their dear friend. The rest of the town didn’t really have an Idea yet of what happened, all they knew was that it had been Discord’s doing.

The TARDIS was nowhere to be found. She searched for it as she helped reorganize the town. More and more Luna worried about where The Doctor was, and more importantly, her older sister Celestia. The Weeping Angles were still a threat, that much she was certain. Discord had only got his hands on two of them last night, Luna herself having destroyed a few of them back at the castle. She kept telling herself that there had to be more of them close by. The ones in Canterlot, and the ones here in Ponyville…”wait”…Luna had thought to herself. Why were the Weeping Angels here in Ponyville? If they had been going after The Doctor and Celestia, then why did they attack Fluttershy’s cottage? As Luna pondered this, she wasn’t watching where she was walking and ran right into a gloom Twilight Sparkle.

“Oof! Oh I am terribly sorry Twilight. I wasn’t really paying attention where I was going. Are you alright?” Luna asked as she helped the young mare back to her hooves.

“Yes Princess Luna. I’m fine…sorta.” Twilight replied to her as she rubbed her horn half-heartedly. “I just can’t believe that Fluttershy is gone.” Twilight’s tail hung low and Luna noticed that her eyes were red from repeated crying.

“She may be gone but at least we know that she had a beautiful life. Remember her Twilight, and she will always be in your heart.” Trying to console the young mare, Luna hugged Twilight in a deep hug before pressing on the next subject. “How is Discord? Is he…ok?”

“Discord won’t speak a word. He won’t even look at us. All night he stayed curled up in her bed and wept. We haven’t found Angel Bunny yet…we hope he’s alright.”

Twilight looked around and sighed. “I’m going to get something to eat Princess. Talk to you later.” She turned and slowly trot over to a small restaurant called Haymasters.

Luna walked around Ponyville for a while longer. The inhabitants had just started doing business as usual for the day. She still found no signs of any other Weeping Angels in the area, convinced that none were hiding here in Ponyville, Luna began to make her way over to the cottage. It was midday and the sun had lazily climbed to the center of the sky. Nearing the cottage, Luna took a moment to look around. To her right, the Everfree forest was a small distance away and the breeze made the trees look as if they were shooing travelers away, to her left, was the cottage, grey and darkened. It was as if all the life had been sucked out of the area. Walking up to the door, Luna knocked on the colorless wood. Answering her was Pinkiepie, still sad, her mane was deflated and she herself looked a little grey.

“Pinkiepie, how are you holding up?” Luna asked as she peered inside the doorway, inside looked as if night had fallen.

“I’ll live…I don’t know how to throw a get well soon party for Discord when I’m needing one too…” Pinkiepie turned around and walked back into the cottage. Luna followed her and noticed that everything, from the living room to upstairs, was blacked out. Walking quietly up the staircase, everything was silent. A dismal atmosphere surrounded her as she approached the door to Fluttershy’s bedroom. Slowly opening the door, Luna stepped inside. Discord was still curled up in the bed. Closing the door behind her, Luna and Discord were alone. She was afraid to speak, for she had no idea what to say to the hurting omnipotent creature.

His first new friend was gone. Taken from him without warning. He began to wonder why he should even still be here. He could go and reign tyranny over the whole of Gaia if he wanted to now. Without the element of kindness…without Fluttershy the elements were…without Fluttershy the…without…He sobbed again. Discord sobbed into Fluttershy’s pillow and started the whole process of hating himself once again. The darkness surrounding them shuddered as his body convulsed when he wept. Luna went over to him and placed a hoof on his back. “Discord she was a great mare. Kind and not a selfish bone in her body. I know you need time to grieve, but Discord please don’t blame yourself of her death. I need your help soon. There are more Weeping Angels out there and they could come back and kill more ponies.” Discord turned to her and just stared not saying a word. “Do you remember when you and my father fought the soulless? The creatures created by the ungoverned magic that had given life to our world? When my mother was killed he wanted to destroy everything, even himself, but you stopped him and told him that no matter what, he must do what she would have wanted. You forced him to take arms and fight the creatures instead of cursing the newly formed land to death, because you knew this world needed a chance at living. When he was struck a fatal blow by the leader of the soulless he told you that this world and his children were your responsibility. The spirit of chaos who was born from the destruction they caused. You are the most ancient creature of our land, so I have no right to be scolding you right now, especially with the loss of our friend Fluttershy, but you need to stand up and fight once again. You must grieve later because we need your help. Without my sister and without the power of the elements, you are the only one who can help me protect Equestria from these creatures. You may have failed against Tirek, but only because you didn’t fight back before it was too late. Now’s the time to act. Now’s the time to avenge Fluttershy and help me save our subjects against this threat.”

Discord didn’t know what to say to Luna. She was right. They needed to take action. He felt a new kind of disappointment in himself for not doing so last night. She told him exactly what he needed to hear. King Solaris and Queen Faust put him in charge of protecting this world after they were gone, and now it was time he took his responsibility again. The whole cottage slowly brightened, the lifeless home became colorful again. Rising out of the bed, Discord got up and stood next to Luna with newfound determination. “So then Luna? Where do we start?”

In the Everfree Forest all was silent while this conversation took place at the cottage. The very moment Discord decided to take action, a single chime of the TARDIS’s Cloister Bell rang, as if calling out for help. Unfortunately the Weeping Angels silenced it and nopony heard it, all the TARDIS could do now was wait for its rescue.

Gaia: approx. 394 C.E: Equestria: Border of the Draco Mountains:

Tent of the Queen Changeling

A heavy dew laid across the plains. The Changeling encampment was already abuzz with the sound of her soldiers preparing for battle. The sun began to rise from the east behind the mountains. Queen Hissandra cursed at the sun as she woke from her sleep. She used to praise Celestia for her beautiful mornings, but not anymore. After all Celestia had done to her and her kingdom, Hissandra would never love the sunrise again. She began to put on her battle armor, the various clamps and leather straps still stiff from lack of use. This confrontation was the first time she had ever fought in an actual war. Her commanders urged her not to join in battle yesterday, so instead of fighting, she was sent to the back of the lines for Spell Support. When she was finished with her armor Hissandra stepped out of her tent. Looking down at her soldiers she scowled as she knew this was a war they could not win. Celestia’s troops were more equipped and heavily trained, most of Hissandra’s soldiers however were rice farmers, salt miners, and monks. Her nation never really needed to go to war, they were masters of disguise who could feed off of love energy, and there was no real reason to train for fighting. A highly decorated changeling came up to her.

“Your Highness, our troops are almost ready to move out.” The changeling was old, he had fought only in one other war, during her father’s reign forty years ago.

“Alright then Shigure, tell them that this will be our Final battle. We wouldn’t survive another day against her forces, we will fight till our last breath. Celestia is our target, all troops are to find and kill her. That will be our only chance at winning this war.” Hissandra commanded her general. He looked at her for one long moment before speaking his peace.

“My Queen, your father was formidable in battle, he never knew defeat. His troops were by far the best our country had to offer, when he won against the Feudal Lords during the civil war he never wanted our country to go to war again. I know times have changed, he never wanted his daughter to have to command a fleet. I am not one to turn from battle your Highness but…” Queen Hissandra cut him off.

“Shigure! We will not surrender and become a slave nation to the Equestrian forces. I tried my best to avoid conflict, but Celestia had other plans, she thought she could take my nation in its desperate time of need. We will not give in without a fight. I owe this to my people. Though we may die today, we die with honor!” Hissandra yelled at her general. Fiery passion and hate spewed with every word. The general bowed before looking up at her once more.

“If only your father were here to see you now. He would be proud of your resolve.” Shigure turned and trotted down the slope back into the encampment. Queen Hissandra looked past her troops and onto the opposite side of the valley where the camp fires of the Equestrian troops were burning.

“If my Father were here Shigure…we would have already won.” Hissandra said with a sigh of sadness.

Author's Note:

Well I'm bored again. Time to start writing more chapters for you all! Hope you've enjoyed it so far. :moustache:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment