• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 904 Views, 16 Comments

The World That Time Forgot - Spike394



The Doctor recalls his time in Equestria before his meeting of clara in Victorian London.

  • ...
2
 16
 904

Ch 3: A night to remember

Gaia: approx. 1004C.E: Equestria: Canterlot Royal Castle town

Luna was in the middle of town square. She was looking around for the Griffin, he was supposed to be set up in one of the alleyways. The night was alive with ponies having a good time as she searched for the historian merchant. Alley after alley she looked for him. But he wasn’t able to be found anywhere. It had been an hour since she had begun searching but to no avail…he wasn’t here.

“I could have sworn he said on the night of Thursday.” She said irritably. “Why isn’t he here? Could he have been delayed?”

Luna was standing near a group of ponies who, at this point, were staring at her. Not because she was the Princess, but because she looked a little distraught. See Luna ever since her return actually became more of a “Princess of the Ponies”. Meaning she got more involved with her subjects than her sister ever did, and the population of Canterlot enjoyed it. She would walk around town at night greeting her subjects, personally maintaining order (alongside her Royal Night Guard of course), and even partook in buying lovely and mysterious trinkets she would find at the nighttime shops. Anyways the group were staring at Luna and two of the ponies walked over to her.

“Princess? What’s wrong? Said the Left pony.

“Are you ok? Asked the right pony.

Luna almost had a fit of laughter as she looked at their cutie marks. The pony on the right had a giant R and a wrench on his flank and the one on the left had a giant L and several bolts falling. “First just what would your names be my little ponies?”

“My name’s Leftyloosey and his is Rightytighty.” Answered Leftylossey.

“Yeah we’re inventors from Manehattan. Mostly we just fix stuff but on the side we try to come up with ways to invent things to run off of Solar power or our latest invention, the D/C to A/C converters.” Said Rightytighty.

“That sounds very interesting. As to what’s troubling me, I’m looking for a certain merchant he sells history books and scrolls. He’s a big Griffin and….” Luna was cut off by Leftyloosey.

“Oh we might know a thing or two about that.” Interrupted Leftyloosey.

“My brother and I were standing here awhile ago and we were talking about…well hold on, hey Princess about what happened around sunset, was any of that your…” Rightytighty was stopped by his brother.

“Stay on topic Righty!”

“Oh right! Well we heard this noise from the alley way, and we went to check on it, and we found a cart that matches that description, but all we found was this one giant griffin feather.”

“Could you show me where exactly you found it?” Asked Luna.

“Sure!” The two brothers replied in unison. They lead Luna to the alleyway where Claud’s cart was located. Not a single other pony, or creature for that matter, was around. Luna approached the cart and it read “Claud’s mysterious books of history”.

“This is where we found the feather.” Said Leftyloosey. “It was right here next to the cart.” He pointed at the ground next to the wheel.

Luna could feel something strange in the area. It felt like a sort of disturbance. She looked around and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary, just a few broken bottles here and there amongst the other stalls. Not finding anything really suspicious Luna dismissed the brothers and went through the cart looking for a few books. Finding some that peaked her interest she took them and after searching through the ledger, paid the appropriate price. Luna had been looking for legends or myths that surrounded a blue box or “The Physician”. She came to realize that these stories were the Doctor’s past, and future here on Gaia. Once she stepped out from the alley way a breeze had picked up. It was a cool light breeze. The Fall season was just around the corner.

Back at the Royal Castle, the team of diamond dogs had finished clearing the area. The TARDIS was still in the center of the “room”. Celestia had the team move the wreckage and put it on its base. There was no smoke coming out of the windows and the gong noise had gone away. It had been about two hours since the incident and already the exterior of the machine looked new.

“What strange box are you?” she asked it. The TARDIS made a light phasing “Wreeww” sound as if in reply. Inside she could hear light sounds of metal creaking and scraping together. “Is it repairing itself?” she thought out loud. Celestia made her way through the castle to her sister’s room. She walked past the guards and stood next to the bed where the Doctor lay. He seemed to be having a bit of a nightmare. He was twitching and muttering strange names like “Rory” and “Amy”. Celestia decided she wanted answers so she tried waking him up.

The Doctor was running. Faster than he ever did, from what he didn’t know, but he knew he had to run. He could remember that he had crashed, something had gone terribly wrong with the TARDIS. What he couldn’t remember was why suddenly he was running. He had been running what felt like for decades. He decided at one point to stop and face whatever it was he was running from. As he did he could here it…tap tap tap tap…tap tap tap tap, followed by laughter. A truly frightening laugh, it was then he would turn back around and continue running. Just when he thought he couldn’t run any longer he heard a voice.

“Sir?” The female voice called out. “Young Stallion wake up I demand to know who you are!”

The Doctor opened his eyes. “Doctor. My name is the Doctor.” He said. His vision was blurry until he focused on a pastel colored mare standing above him. Once he did he sat up in shock and pointed a hoof at her “Wait did you just ask that!?” Then he stared at his hoof. “Is that my hoof!? Marvelous!” He looked up and down his new body, and then started touching himself all over the place. “Eyes, ears, nose well snout that is, hair, more of a mane rather, and ha! A tail never had one of those before, and must I say rather cool if I do say so myself…”

“Um Mr.Doctor. I need to know…” The Doctor interrupted her.

“…and my chin! Blimey still huge!” He proclaimed as he tried getting out of the bed he fell. He got back up and wobbled a little “That’s going to take some getting used to. The concept of having my center of gravity on all four um...hooves…is a bit wonky.”

“Doctor!” Celestia yelled. “Just who are you, and what are you doing here!”

“Well I’m actually not quite sure, but dare I say miss ponies are cool! As to your question of who I am. I’m a Time Lord. I would tell you more but first I must ask are you peaceful?” The Doctor asked this suddenly becoming suspicious of the mare in front of him.

“My name is Celestia. I am the Co-ruler of Equestria and princess to the throne of Gaia. I am of no threat to you Doctor unless you are a threat to me or my subjects.”

“I can assure you Your Highness that I am of no threat to you.” Replied the Doctor as he clumsily knelt onto one hoof. Out of nowhere his chest started hurting and it felt like a fire was welling up in his chest. “Ah! Cough cough! Ack!” He cringed and started holding his chest.

“Doctor!? What’s wrong!?”

“I don’t…know!” Just then he coughed out a puff of golden smoke and it packed itself together and formed a small golden key. A short Vreooor sound was heard by the two of them.

“How did you…” Celestia asked?

“Good question. But this means my TARDIS is ready.”

“Your TARDIS?” She asked turning her head slightly.

“Yes. She’s big, blue and borrowed. Well depending on who you’re asking, stolen, in which case brings up another question on who stole who.” The Doctor rambled for a little bit in this fashion as he trotted over to Luna’s wardrobe and started sifting through it. Celestia scowled at this action and teleported the Doctor back over to her and levitated him into the air.

“And just what do you think gives you the right to have the audacity to go through another princesses clothing!? She yelled. As she did she noticed he was holding up a red bowtie and a white neck collar. “Wait? Why do you have those?” She asked.

“Bowties…are…cool?” The Doctor said sheepishly.

“No. What I meant was why did my sister have those in her wardrobe?” She was walking towards the open wardrobe when she heard a screeching sound. Unlike last time though this one didn’t sound painful. It sounded more impatient than anything. “That’s the TARDIS isn’t it?” Celestia asked as she walked over to Luna’s balcony facing the new courtyard. She looked down and saw its lights glowing brightly through the ruined roof.

The Doctor after brushing his hair to the side as best he could with hooves walked over to look with her. He was finishing the bowtie when he stopped to look over the edge at the TARDIS. “In my fourteen-hundred years of living I don’t think she’s ever been this excited to explore.” He said as he looked down at the glowing windows of the TARDIS.

“You keep calling her a she. Is it alive? But then how is that possible?” Asked Celestia.

“The TARDIS is a sentient machine. Meaning she is a machine with a living soul and a heart of an infinite Sun. And she’s await’n.” Explained the Doctor.

The two walked down and into the exposed throne room. The Doctor looked across the room and smiled. Something about the TARDIS seemed brighter, more…relaxed. It was if the TARDIS dared even for a second to take a deep breath and enjoy itself. Celestia was walking alongside the Doctor when sudden realization hit her. Did this Stallion whom she barely knew just say he was fourteen-hundred years old?

“Doctor. Stop.” She commanded.

“Yes? What is it you want now? Sorry for being rude but a word of the wise you should really treat your guests better.” The Doctor replied in a snide like tone.

“Doctor you said that you had been alive for more than a thousand years?”

“Yes. Unless there’s the good chance I’m lying. In which case neither of us know how old I actually am. You know despite my current situation and how upside-down everything is, I just feel too happy right now to care, and I really just want to see what my sexy time machine has in store for me this time.” He told her as flat out as he could without sounding prideful.

Celestia found this…refreshing. Nopony for what had to be eons dared treat her as an equal, not even her sister. This stallion who fell out of the sky must be from another world. This was something she had never experienced before. This excitement was something she had never felt before, however she needed answers.

“Doctor I demand you tell me just what is going on here.”

“If you look inside you will see everything you need to know.” He pointed at the TARDIS at clapped his hooves. The TARDIS doors opened at the sound and green light came out of the doorway as he trotted in. Celestia reluctantly followed after him and stopped at the entrance. She felt something wrong. She felt like something was behind her and was approaching fast. Just when the feeling was at its strongest she whipped around and was staring straight into the eyes of a screaming statue.

“AH! What is this thing!? The Celestial Mare screamed. The Doctor turned around and when he saw what she was screaming at he instantly went into a panic.

“Don’t blink! Celeste or Tia whatever your name was. Slowly back into the TARDIS and close the doors! Whatever you do don’t blink! The Doctor was almost hysterical. Celestia had backed into the TARDIS far enough where he could get past her and stand in front of the Weeping Angel. “I don’t know how or why you followed me into this world but rest assured I will truly die before I let your hands touch the inside of my TARDIS!” with that he slammed the doors shut and turned to face, not the proud ruler of Equestria, but a shaking mare who had just been scared to death.

“Wha…what was that thing?” Celestia asked being reduced to a panicked wreck.

“An old, old enemy.” Was all he said.