• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 901 Views, 16 Comments

The World That Time Forgot - Spike394



The Doctor recalls his time in Equestria before his meeting of clara in Victorian London.

  • ...
2
 16
 901

Ch 1: Luna's old friend

Author's Note:

Update: most Grammar was fixed after I decided it would draw more people into the story and stick around for the rest of the chapters. You're Welcome
Hello there people This is my first ever story that I have finally gotten to write. Now that I have a job and college started I am finally able to sit down and write. I am hoping for constructive criticism and hope to receive it. Also my main Objective of this story is to bring you guys a Doctor Whooves story...without the Doctor Whooves plotline. "The Doctor" in this story will not get stuck in the many stereotypes of this sort of crossover. I got tired of reading about Derpy, and twilight and the Main six being the focus of the Doctor. Instead im going to bring an nontraditional approach to this story. Oh and don't expect quick updates, this takes me awhile of writing and rewriting and then fine tuning to get the story exactly the way I want it to be. Hope ya'll enjoy!
-Always Watching
Spike394

"Tell me Doctor why is it you changed? Why is it you stayed in the world of Equestria for so long?" The man known as the Traveler asked when the Doctor looked at him. "You could have left at any time once your TARDIS repaired herself. Why is it that you are now so...dark? So Isolated?”

"Well." the Doctor replied. "If you must know I lost who I was in a sense. I had allowed myself become something I’m not. I had become a man that I regret to call the Doctor." At this point the 11th Doctor's TARDIS let out a whirring sound as the center console continued to spin.

"Doctor none of what happened was your fault you know that right?" The traveler asked. "Right?!" The Doctor didn't give him a response. “Doctor don’t blame yourself for what happened. You weren't in your right mind at the time. Neither you nor that version of the Master could fix what had happened to him…

Earth: approx. 2013A.D.: London: England

…”River they were your parents...I’m sorry.” The Doctor said to River as she piloted the TARDIS.

”It doesn’t matter.”

“Of course it matters!”

“What matters is this Doctor. Don’t travel alone.”

“Travel with me then.”

Riversong looked at him and gave a sad smile. “Whenever and wherever you want. But not all the time. One psychopath per TARDIS, don't you think? Okay. This book I've got to write. Melody Malone. I presume I send it to Amy to get it published?”

“Yes...yes.” replied the Doctor.

“I'll tell her to write an afterword. For you. Maybe you'll listen to her.”

Once the Doctor had dropped off Riversong he ran back to the picnic basket and read Amelia’s afterword note in the back of the book.

“Ok then that’s what I’ll do!” Yelled the Doctor happily. He ran back inside the TARDIS and started messing with the controls.

“Little Amelia here I come!” The Doctor pulled down the main switch and the TARDIS was set in motion. Out in the Graveyard all was silent as the fog started to roll and swirl around the tombstones the only sound being of that what the wind was making blowing through the trees. From the shadows stepped forth a cloaked young man, the fog and wind whipped around him as he approached the tombstone that read In Loving memory of Rory and Amy Williams. The teenager bent down and put the flowers down on the ground in front of the grave.

“My dearest apologies to the two of you I’m sure the Doctor is very sad about your deaths...there was nothing even I could do.” The teenager said as he lifted himself up from the ground. “I tried to save you so that the Doctor wouldn’t have to go through what he is about to.” Just then a middle aged man walked up but was careful not to touch the boy.

“You know that this had to happen. Otherwise the Doctor wouldn’t be the Doctor we know now.”

“I don’t like being lectured by my older counterpart.”

“I’m not here to lecture you. I’m here to pay my respects...”

As the TARDIS started to take off in the time vortex the Doctor looked around his now empty console room. “Well…”He said. “At least this time I don’t have some woman in her wedding dress popping out of nowhere.” Suddenly the TARDIS let out a sickening screeching sound as if someone had raked an ax blade down a piano wire, the whole room lurched sideways as the Doctor fell backwards. The Screeching sound continued as the TARDIS bounced all over the place as a gap in the Time Vortex seemed to be sucking the TARDIS up and out into the Void. Inside the TARDIS the lights were flickering and the center console started smoking as sparks flew everywhere. All the while the Doctor was trying his best to get back up, one of the monitors started flashing and it read: dimension temporal shift in progress.

“That’s not good!” Yelled the Doctor. “That’s very not good!”

Gaia: approx. 1004 C.E.: Equestria: Ponyville

“Wait a minute, where's my throne?!” Discord proclaimed as he looked around for his seat.

“I don't think you're quite there yet.” Replied Fluttershy as she patted him on the back.

“Yes, well, I suppose not.” Discord chuckled. Later that day after everyone had walked around the new castle...in Ponyville...the main six returned to their own homes. It was nearly sunset when Discord was looking out the window of Fluttershy’s cottage. The sky had changed from a pastel blue to a mixture of bright yellow and pink, as the sun had not started setting yet. Out in Ponyville the clouds were in their proper place and everything was in order.

“Oh Discord dinner is almost ready!” Fluttershy yelled from inside the kitchen. ”The oatmeal just needs a few more minutes. Do you mind setting the table?” Distracted Discord snapped his fingers and a pool table with square queue balls flashed into being. Angel from across the room chipped loudly to catch Discords attention.

“What do you want flea brain?” Asked Discord as he looked over to the bunny. Angel pointed at the table and Discord realized his mistake. “Oh wrong table.” He snapped his fingers again and the dining room table fixed itself accordingly.

“Thank you!” Fluttershy yelled once again from the kitchen as she turned the stove off. The two had sat down for oatmeal and cucumber sandwiches (handmade from scratch this time by Discord as an apology) and talked about the new castle that Twilightsparkle now had. Fluttershy forgave Discord for his actions, and Discord actually was genuine in his apology to Fluttershy. It was Sunset by this point when storm clouds suddenly started to appear above Canterlot City. Discord’s body did its wiggly shiver thing.

“Well that’s not good.” He said.

“What's not good?” replied Fluttershy.

“Those clouds in the distance...they're wrong…”

“What do you mean Discord?”

“What I mean is that those clouds aren't from Equestria. I can’t tell what's creating them. Maybe this is some sort of Tyrek’s doing.”

“Maybe you should go to Canterlot and find out?” Suggested Fluttershy as she flew over to him.

“Indeed I will Fluttershy. Stay indoors for now. I’ll be back as soon as I find out what's happening.” With that Discord teleported to Canterlot. The once beautiful sunset in Ponyville, had now begun to turn a sickly shade of orange-green as the spontaneous storm grew more violent.

Gaia: approx. 1004: Canterlot Royal Castle Town

The day had been a stressful one for Celestia. First they had to deal with the whole Tyrek escapade then they had to restore order in Canterlot. She then had to summon an emergency meeting with the Griffin and the Changeling Kingdom. Afterwards she had to try to calm the Diamond Dog society in the village near the entrance of the Canterlot Mines that were at the moment not listening to the “stupid tall pony who don’t know what’s up” not to mention that they were moving everything they had into the mines to prepare for the end of the world, today had been a very bad day for her. Just when she had the sun setting finally so that she could take a long nights rest she was very unhappy when out of nowhere an unscheduled storm started to take place.

“Oh my aching head. Will somepony please explain to me why it’s about to storm outside?” Just as she said this a bolt of lightning flashed and the thunder crashed shaking the still discorded mosaic windows. As soon as this happened Luna burst through the doors trotting as fast as she could.

“Sister!” Luna screamed.

“What is wrong Luna!?”

“Sister! This storm is causing mass hysteria amongst the masses! Already the whole of Canterlot is in pure chaos!” Celestia took a moment to take in what Luna said and decided it had to be Discords doing.

“Luna I want you to help me find Discord and…” Before she could finish her sentence Discord flashed into the room. “Discord! What is it that you have done!?” She yelled immediately upon his appearance.

“Dear Celestia you wound me. I may have screwed up earlier today but that doesn’t mean I would do THIS! No I’m here to ask you what is going on with this freakish weather here in Canterlot.” Discord defended as he snapped his fingers and poofed Luna into her throne as he did so he took the chance to poof into appearance his old throne in front of them to sit in. “So tell me girls?” He continued. “What’s going on with the world?” Celestia was almost baffled by his seriousness. She could not tell If he was about to break into laughter or perhaps snap his fingers and make everything go away and say that it was all a bad joke.

“Well Discord I thought this had to be your doing” Celestia replied.

“Oh just because this storm is bringing about all sorts of chaos its suddenly my fault?”

“No that’s not it. It’s because this storm feels unnatural”

“I have to agree with you on this one Celestia. I don’t like this storm at all either. It feels as though it has…other worldly qualities to it.” Just then there was a blinding flash and a booming sound. The boom blew out the windows, however the booming sound was different from the thunder. It was almost like as if someone broke the sound barrier, then faded in a sound, a sound that filled Luna with despair. For she recognized the sound, it was the sound of a wheezing piano wire but it was distorted, as if the sound itself was in pain. All three looked into the sky as a fireball flew through the sky and towards the castle. “Tia!” Discord yelled as he flashed over towards them and put up a multicolored purple barrier. The fireball crashed through the roof and sent chunks and boulders of the stone everywhere. When the resulting blast ended the three looked into the dust. Luna was trying frantically to see. Celestia was wondering why, and Discord had no Idea what to do.

“Discord…*cough*…you haven’t called me Tia since I was little.” Said Celestia not knowing what really to do at the moment accept check herself to make sure she was alright.

“It is Him! He is here!” Luna screamed.

“What are you saying? Who is here Luna?” Asked Celestia.

“The Doctor!” Luna cried out! Through the dust Luna could see the white light of the sign above the door flickering out. “And he is in need of help!”