• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 904 Views, 16 Comments

The World That Time Forgot - Spike394



The Doctor recalls his time in Equestria before his meeting of clara in Victorian London.

  • ...
2
 16
 904

Ch 5: Into The Night

The Master had no Idea what was happening to Celestia at first. The Doctor was panicking and was trying to wake the fallen mare up. Watching the Doctor in such a frenzy made the Master realize that the Time Lord in front of him was in no way, shape, or form the same Doctor that he knew.

“Come on Celestia! Can you hear me!” The Doctor yelled in a hysterical state. The Master remembered that this was deadly close to the symptoms of the art of the Meta-crisis. “Celestia please answer me!” The Doctor continued to yell.

“Doctor! Doctor get a hold on yourself!” He was becoming a little frightful. “She’s merely fainted is all.” The Master went over to Celestia and pulled out his screwdriver to scan her. The results came back negative for the Meta-crisis but on the flip side of the good news the scan detected a temporal disturbance. Something about her past was beginning to change. However since she has been alive for over a millennia the event was effecting her terribly. The Master needed to get Celestia to a safe place.

“Doctor we need…” Feeling something was wrong the Master looked up and froze in fear. Standing right in front of him were four more Weeping Angels. Two had been heading their way and the other two were observing the Doctor’s TARDIS. “Doctor!”

The Doctor looked up to see the Weeping Angels. “No! Not again! Why must there always be something!” Rising up from where he was. “Listen you lot, because that’s all you’re able to do right now! I am tired of you! Tired of you trying to get my TARDIS! Tired of you taking what’s precious from me! Do you know what you are! You are nothing! Nothing! You will never be loved! You will never be comforted! And! You will never earn my mercy!” His pelt gains a slight grey color before returning to its original brown.

The Master began to get a little nervous. This side of the Doctor had the strikingly close similarity to his Doctor. “Doctor we have to get to my TARDIS. It’s the only safe place from these things.”

Gaia: approx. 1004C.E: Equestria: Canterlot Royal Castle: Inner Halls

The Doctor’s hearts were racing as he and the Master carried the princess on their backs. Behind them they could hear the stone of the Weeping Angels scraping against the white Marble floors. Further and further they went into the Castle. The Master seeming to know exactly where he was going, turned from left to right and left into different corridors.

“Where are all the guards!?” The Doctor panted as they ran.

“The Night Guard don’t patrol the halls at night. Waste of effort. They patrol the Castle walls.” The Master explained as they ran. They were nearing the grain storage when the Master stopped them in front of an old door.

“Oh brilliant! Fantastic Idea! We need your TARDIS and you stop us in front of a closet door. Sorry to be a downer but Stone can break through wood!” The Doctor ranted before the Master opened the door leading them inside. It was indeed the Master’s TARDIS. The inside looked white and very retro compared to the Doctor’s current TARDIS desktop. The center console being very small. “Oh. Never mind…I forgot that you probably had a functioning chameleon circuit.”

“Keep up will you Doctor.” The Master had him help with putting Celestia in a bed and trotted back to the main room. Flipping a switch the monitor on the wall near the ceiling turned on and in front of the door were the Weeping Angels. “Hahahahahahaha. Foolish statues. Can’t surround something that’s part of a wall now can you!” Trotting back to the console he flipped a few more switches and the familiar sound of a TARDIS rang out loudly throughout the castle.

Gaia: approx. 1004C.E: Equestria: Canterlot Royal Castle: Outer Walls

Luna was trotting up to the castle walls. The Night Guard were walking along the top making sure nopony tried anything stupid. The night felt eerie. The winds had picked up and the same energy she felt from the alley hung heavily in the air. DiamondDogs were still walking around the courtyard. Some had been loafing around while the others were waiting to leave. Scraggle Coalclaw was rounding up his workers. Looking over to Luna he approached her and bowed.

“Princess Luna. We have finished the cleaning up of rubble from roof. We were wondering where Big Princess had gone.” Scraggle looked either annoyed or worried. Luna couldn’t really tell. DiamondDogs always had this furrowed brow expression on their face.

“I do not know as to where my sister has gone. Maybe she has left your dismissal to me.” Luna wasn’t liking the way all the Diamond dogs were still around. Her sister should’ve let them leave a while ago. “You are dismissed. You and your subordinates. Take care Scraggle Coalclaw.” Luna watched him salute and walk back over to the large group. He began barking orders in broken Dutch and the other DiamondDogs lined up and marched out of the courtyard. A few of the Night Guard closed the gates behind the group of workers. Her Elites marched up quickly to her. The ‘elites’ were two Night Guard ponies who had later been banished by Celestia to the moon as well for their undivided loyalties to their princess of the night 1000 years ago.

“Your Highness we cannot find your sister anywhere. She left your room with the brown pelted stallion and has since disappeared from the castle. Furthermore some strange statues have been reported by the wall mount crews. One moment they are there, the next they aren’t.” Nightshade relayed to his leader. Luna was concerned. The talk of strange statues reminded her of a time when she and the doctor ran into creatures called Weeping Pegasi.

“Tell me what these creatures looked like?” She asked Nightshade.

“They were reported to look like giant skinny apes with Pegasus wings.” He replied to Luna.

“Skinny Apes?”

“Yes Princess, they looked like giant statues of apes.” Nightshade told her.

Gaia: approx. 1004C.E: Equestria: Canterlot Royal Castle: Inner Halls

Luna was galloping through the Castle. She had an icy feeling throughout her chest. If what reports said were true, then that would mean her sister and the Doctor were in danger. She passed her two sentries in front of her bedroom door. Inside the Doctor was gone and her wardrobe was open. Peaking inside she allowed herself a quick smile seeing that the white collar and red bowtie were gone. Going to her balcony she looked down and through the destroyed roof of the throne room below her tower. The rubble was gone and hasty repairs had been made to the floor…however something was missing. The TARDIS should have been there with its glowing lights and blue beauty. Looking around what she could in the room from her spot she couldn’t see it anywhere. The icy feeling in her chest came back with a vengeance. Bursting out of her room the sentries were knocked to the side accidently.

“Tell me who all came through here?” She quickly asked the sentry on the left.

“Your sister Princess Celestia entered your room and shortly left with the pony of interest.” He responded to her. So they were the only ones she concluded.

That’s all she needed to hear. Luna darted through the halls. Turning this way and that, frantically searching for her sister and possibly the Doctor. In the back of her mind she knew they were probably gone by now since the TARDIS was missing. She was nearing the Kitchen when suddenly she could hear it. The sound of the TARDIS vanishing into the time vortex. She teleported. Teleporting to the area she thought it came from, she found herself almost face to face with two Weeping Angels. Both had faces of pure rage. The Doctor and Celestia must have managed to escape them. The Weeping Angels were not what she was expecting. She had never actually seen them before, she only knew them by description from the Doctor. Using her magic she blasted the statues to pieces since the Doctor wasn’t around knowing he wouldn’t have approved. Luna was wondering why they had appeared. What caused them to show up now instead of before? Ponies had been disappearing for a month or so now. Why come out of hiding now? Her guess was because now the Doctor was here. They must have fallen through the void with him and plopped here on Gaia from the time vortex before him.

Nightshade finally had caught up to his Princess. She was looking frantic. He didn’t like it when she was stressed, it was part of his duty to help keep her composed and comfortable.

“My Princess what is the matter! What were those statues? Were they some kind of magical being?” He had asked her though he could already tell what her answer would be as he had watched her destroy them on his way up to her.

“They aren’t necessarily magic but they are indeed powerful creatures.” Luna explained to him.

“Did they capture your sister?” Nightshade’s almost casual approach in his addressing of Luna’s sister was always an issue when Celestia would give him orders. He never viewed her as his Princess, but rather just another authority figure. One of the only reasons he even listened to her orders was because his Princess (Princess Luna) had ordered him to follow her sister’s commands without question.

“I am not quite so sure if they did or not. Though considering the look of anger on their faces I would say they failed at whatever it was they were trying to do.” She explained to him. The situation they were in was grim. Wherever her sister had gone this would still mean she was missing. If she didn’t return by dawn to raise the sun then the ponies would become frantic. Luna needed to travel to Ponyville and recruit Twilightsparkle to do it. Not that she would have the strength, but Luna would provide that for her. Luna had never risen the sun. So she was never bestowed the proper spell to do so. She didn’t doubt she could possibly do it, but she didn’t want to risk the whole of Gaia going into panic that the sun rose in an awkward fashion. “Nightshade we must travel to Ponyville tonight, we need to warn Twilightsparkle that she may need to raise the sun in the morning.”

“Yes your majesty! First before we leave may I notify the Night Guard?” He had asked.

“Yes you may. Also wake the earth pony patrol for the Day Guard. Tell them to patrol the castle halls while we are gone.” Luna ordered Nightshade.

Gaia: approx. 1004 C.E: Equestria: Ponyville

While night had fallen, Discord had went around Ponyville checking things and making sure they were in…uhg…order. The disturbance had cleared and the sky was full of stars. Before returning to Fluttershy’s cottage for the night, Discord looked up to the sky once more and stared intently at them. The night sky seemed brighter. The stars weren’t shining more brightly, but it seemed that there was more than usual out tonight. “That’s a very beautiful sky tonight Luna.” He said to himself, complimenting her. “You know if I were given the chance I would make my own constellation and call it ‘Harmony’. Heh heh. Though it would look nothing like the name would entitle.” Discord began to casually stroll through the town back towards Fluttershy’s. He passed by Sugar Cube Corner, then BonBon’s candy shop, Then Octavia’s home, leaving the shops area he came out to the center where Twilight's library once stood, but now where the large tree like castle resides . He stopped in front and looked all the way up to where her room was. Sure enough there was the faint glint of candlelight coming from her balcony window. Shaking his head and chuckling to himself he continued on. His thoughts kept going back to the day the cutie mark crusaders freed him from his stone prison and how he was encased back again. He had come a long way from two years ago. He never thought he would ever be where he was at now in life. Softly smiling to himself he passed Rarity’s Boutique and walked over to Fluttershy’s dwelling. Walking over the bridge, he trekked up the path to her…Door. Suspiciously the lights were off and no candles were lit but the door was slightly open. A sinister feeling wormed its way through Discord’s heart as he was filled with deadly curiosity.

Author's Note:

A few Little notes.
I do not, and will not even attempt to name every single pony that is talked to in my stories. However Any Pony/creature that DOES have a name are and will be reoccurring characters. My OC's won't really have Major roles in heavy crossovers like this one. But be rest assured I will come up with a story or two for them. So if there are any OC characters you would like to know more about. Just let me know and I'll come up with a short story for them. Another note would be, All my stories will take place in the same universe as this one. Consider it a pilot episode of sorts. Finally I apologize for this short chapter taking forever :twilightblush: I had a whole slew of Exams these past two weeks, main reason why this chapter didn't come out a month earlier. Message me and give me some feed back. I'd like to hear more from ya'll. Also Constructive criticism is appreciated.