• Published 31st Jul 2014
  • 904 Views, 16 Comments

The World That Time Forgot - Spike394



The Doctor recalls his time in Equestria before his meeting of clara in Victorian London.

  • ...
2
 16
 904

Ch 7: Familiar Faces

Time Vortex: Unknown: The Master’s TARDIS

The TARDIS was whirring softly. The center console was moving up and down and the lights on the console were blinking and buzzing. The Master was fiddling with the controls every now and again. The Doctor had left to check on Celestia a while ago. The Master began to wonder just what on Gaia happened to Celestia. What had caused her to faint like that, and what was changing in her past.

The Master let out a deep sigh and continued to analyze the scan results from his screwdriver. They were confusing at best. He couldn’t make heads or tails of what he discovered. What could be so powerful that it could change Celestia’s history without her being affected until now? A better question he asked himself was, why did it happen now of all times? He began to get rather frustrated.

The Doctor entered into the console room and walked over to the Master. The Master looked up at him. “So what’s the news Doctor?” He asked the other Time Lord.

“She’s sleeping now. Whatever happened has passed. I left her to rest for a bit.” The Doctor replied to him. “Do you have any leads yet?” He asked the Master.

The Master looked back down at the console and flipped a switch. The monitor on the wall came back on and some data popped up onto the screen. “No I do not. The results are very puzzling. I can’t quite make sense of them. Tell me Doctor what do you think?” He asked pointing a hoof towards the monitor.

The Doctor went up to the screen and studied the results. They were indeed unusual. Nothing he had seen before. “Well if I had to guess.” He took a slight pause. “I have no Idea what this says or even means for that matter.” The Doctor straightened his bowtie before turning to The Master. “All I can tell is that it’s some sort of temporal anomaly, other than that not much else.”

The Master stroked his goatee and sighed again. “Well I estimated the point in time that this anomaly first occurred. Would you care to join me in an investigation Doctor?” He asked the Doctor as he began to calibrate the controls.

“Sure why not. Something exciting is bound to happen and I’m just itching to explore.” Despite their current situation the Doctor suddenly seemed very cheery.

“Doctor you sure you’re alright? You don’t have to be you know. Times like this you can show some emotion, maybe cry a little. After all you just lost some loved ones and your enemy seems determined to make sure you don’t forget that.” The Master was referring to the Weeping Angels that had reappeared shortly after his arrival here in this universe.

The Doctor stared at The Master for a moment before making a jest at him. “Yes well I guess I could. Who knows maybe I could put on some rock and roll and listen to a sad drum solo.” He said this to The Master to try and get a rise out of him. He didn’t take the bait. “Look Master. I am trying my best to stay positive. Happy even. Could we please just, forget my problems and focus on our current one?” He asked The Master. Here he was. In a new universe and still he couldn’t enjoy himself as much as he wanted.

“Sure I suppose that would work.” He flipped a few more switches and turned a dial and the TARDIS started to land as it made the familiar wheezing sound of materializing.

Gaia: approx. 394 C.E: Equestria: Border of the Draco Mountains

As soon as they landed, he and The Master approached the doors. The Doctor waited in anticipation as they stood there. Literally anything could be behind that door. He felt his hearts in his chest jump a little. The Master carefully opened the door. This time it slid open and he watched him peer around outside. The Master and The Doctor quietly crept out of the TARDIS and looked around some more. It appeared to them that they were in a huge tent of some kind.

It was dark and the air was heavy with the smell of campfires. From behind them a woman’s voice called out to them.

“The two of you are late. You are three years past your date you said you would arrive.” The Voice said. Both Time Lords turned around in unison when suddenly the whole tent lit up with a radiant glow and they were shocked at the sight. In front of them was Celestia. Though a very different version of her. She was younger looking. No longer did she have a motherly feeling about her, but rather, an atmosphere of sheer power.

The celestial mare had a lithe body and powerful mussels. Everything about her was fresh and warlike. On the side of the tent near her bed, she had a golden suit of armor. At first glance it looked unused, but upon further inspection you could see dents and slash marks that had been buffed and polished out.

Sliding the TARDIS door closed. The Master walked towards the leader. The Doctor followed right behind and smirked when he saw the front of the TARDIS look like a soda machine and read in big letters: MASTER COLA. Apparently the chameleon circuit glitched a little because the rest of The Master’s TARDIS was a huge cabinet of some kind.

“I’m sorry what did you just say?” Asked The Master. “Did you just say that we were late? By how many was it? Three years?!”

Stepping into the conversation the Doctor chided in. “Hold on you were expecting us? Why?” He was eyeing her with suspicion. He didn’t like where this was already heading.

“Yes! You declared to me that by the 91st year of the third century of my reign. You would arrive to help me win the war.” She was stern and got right to the point. Tired and in need of sleep before tomorrow’s battle. Celestia wanted to send them back into their TARDIS and debrief them in the morning.

“Excuse me if I may ask you princess but I don’t…” The Doctor was met with a magical slap to the face. Celestia meanwhile had a smile on her face.

“I told you the next time you called me princess I would slap you Doctor. I am a queen now.” Celestia laughed at his shocked expression.

“Listen you! I don’t know what’s going on but that was uncalled for! I, We”... The Doctor pointed back and forth between him and The Master…“Haven’t even told you we were going to be here yet!”

The Master decided to end this spat quickly and stepped between them. “Look. Your Majesty. We haven’t met your younger version yet. So please fill us in on what is going on and we shall do our best to help.” Celestia guided them over to a large map on top of a makeshift table. The Master noted that the map was of a valley in between a mountain range and a field of plains. The Queen used her magic to highlight the figurines at the bottom of the mountains.

“This is the changeling army. They are using the mountains to send supplies back and forth to each other. Also this allows them to bring in reinforcements without much delay.” She then highlighted the figurines on the opposite side of the valley. “These are our forces. We are able to also freely exchange supplies and refresh our troops.” She looked up at the confused Doctor. “I take it you know nothing about the changelings yet?”

Her guess was as good as gold. The Doctor had no idea what was even going on. Much less what these “Changelings” were. “No. I don’t know anything about them. What are they?”

“They are a race of insect like ponies. They feed on the love of others. Stronger ones of their kind even bewitch their targets and force the love out of them for the rest of their life. Sometimes that can be a matter of…hours.” Celestia cleared her throat at the innuendo and pressed on. “The most barbaric of them merely drain the body of their victims much like a vampire would. In fact we have had reports in the past of vampires joining their ranks to fight against us.”

The Doctor was listening intently to the Queen as the Master watched the two of them. He himself already knew the outcome of this battle. Well, that is before they were forced to come here. Originally Celestia wins the war after four long years of gruesome battle after battle. She manages to push back the changeling forces after defeating the changeling Queen and giving her an ultimatum. However, now that they had arrived to help her. This whole war could end differently. The very fact that he and the Doctor came here means they are now responsible to make sure Celestia wins this war.

“Celestia may I suggest we negotiate with the changeling Queen? After all both side have lost thousands of troops already haven’t they? Surely you and her are ready to come to some sort of agreement?” The Master suggested this as the Doctor looked very unpleased about this whole idea of war.

“Are you suggesting surrender!? Because at this point Master, we will not stop until the changeling army has been wiped out!” Celestia flared with anger at him. “I gave her a chance at the beginning of this war to negotiate a treaty, but she turned down the offer by slaughtering an entire village in a border area of our countries.”

The Doctor sighed and looked up at Celestia. “War is always the final solution isn’t it?”

“Yes Doctor it is. Times of peace is only the calm before the storm.” She said as she turned around and walked back to her bed. “Now will the two of you let me rest? It has been a long day and I must sleep for tomorrow. I will tell you more tomorrow. Just return into your TARDIS for now.” The tent around them darkened as the radiance faded. The Time Lords returned into the TARDIS as Celestia climbed into her makeshift bed.

The Doctor was quiet. He didn’t feel like talking. Here he was, having to fight another war he didn’t want to be a part of. He looked up at the Master and watched him recalibrate the chameleon circuit. A soft vroom sound rang out and he exterior of the TARDIS turned into a small rectangular tent. It was then he realized something. He realized that the current Master he was with right now was like him. He went around time and space saving lives. While his ”parallel” version of himself was more like the Master from his own universe. He decided to ask the Master a question. “Master? Have you ever wanted to control the universe?”

The Master looked up from the center console, thought for moment, then looked back down. “Yes. However in my travels I learned something. Being able to go anywhere throughout time and space. Do anything. See anyone. The ability to just simply enjoy the beauties and mysteries of the universe. Well that’s ownership enough. Wouldn’t you agree Doctor?” The Master asked as he flipped a few switches.

“Yes. It is.” Was all the Doctor said as he left the main room to check on Princess Celestia. He smiled softly, recalling he had once told his version of The Master something similar.

Gaia: approx. 394 C.E: Equestria: Border of the Draco Mountains:

Tent of the Queen Changeling

Queen Hissandra was watching the enemies from across the valley. Damn Equestrians she thought. They never give up. All she wanted was to expand her Empire. Was that so much to ask for? She was rubbing her temples. Her migraine had worsened from the crippling defeat today. She lost an entire platoon of warriors to the celestial forces. Neither her, nor her army could take this much longer. Stepping back into her tent she went and looked into the mirror, as she did she rubbed her eyes. Staring at herself in the reflection she was the exact incarnation of Queen Chrysalis. She sighed said aloud to herself. “We will win this war. My country depends on it!” With that the mirror shattered with a green glow. The upcoming battle will be one to change this war…

Author's Note:

I liked this one alot. Also, anyone see a story named "The Jerk That Time Forgot"? I saw it and was like...I should have came up with a better name for my story :rainbowlaugh: