• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 4,445 Views, 385 Comments

Synch - sunnypack



Dive into a new world with Synch, a revolutionary device that interfaces with your brainwaves. Synch is taking the world by storm. Take a vacation. Find adventure. Unfortunately for one human though, he is about to have a never-ending adventure...

  • ...
25
 385
 4,445

PreviousChapters Next
61 - Too Many Pinkie Pie Parties

Whoever said you could have too many parties?

Ridiculous ponies, of course!

Pinkie Pie was the go-to premiere party pony of Ponyville. She had other ambitions of spreading joy, happiness, laughter and cake all over Equestria but for now she was content on keeping her friends smiles smiling!

The past week had been a bit of a quiet week with the human, Twilight and the local royalty. There hadn’t been much in the way of socialising and general chitchat. Pinkie immediately seized on the opportunity. Luna had stopped her once. But. Not. This. Time.

In the kitchen, the cooks, servants, delivery ponies and assorted castle staff looked on in fear as the pink amorous blob floated and bounced around the room seemingly able to handle twenty of so simultaneous baking processes all at once.

Every so often a flying cake batch would slam into an oven as a cupcake tray was switched out, the surprising speed and dexterity exhibited by the part pony gave onlookers shivers of anticipation and morbid curiosity, if they human they would liken the phenomena as something akin to looking at a car crash. You know its horrible, but you cannot look away.

Levels of sugar and flour dropped drastically as time wore on. Some cooks and assistants who were weak willed had collapsed or fainted trying to comprehend some of the baking techniques that Pinkie had performed.

During the whole time, Pinkie was singing a song that went something like this:

Pinkie: Friends forever.

Of all the ponies that I know of in town,
There isn’t a name I don’t know.
For all the laughter and cheer I spread,
Your name, I’ve searched high and low!

My friend I’ve met you’re the cheery type,
But given to a little secrecy,
But I know a tried and tested recipe,
That’ll help me with this plight!

You see, I’m a pink party pony,
That I know will make things right,
When you see all the baking I did,
Cupcakes, with all my might!

Some in the oven, the others to cool,
If you bite them now, you’ll end up a fool!
(Pinkie gingerly touches a cupcake and whips her hoof back in an ouchie motion)
They’re fresh out, full of sugar, (Pinkie eats a cupcake)
Thank Celestia, right on cue! (The timer goes off.)
Happiness doesn’t cost moolah, (some bits rain down)
But baked goods surely do! (cooks snatch up the bits)

(Stanza with cooks, Pinkie is silent as she watches the cooks)
Thank goodness that happiness is cheap, I say!
But this pony she knows what she’s doing,
The playful pink menace is out to play!
Sanity won’t be all that you’ll be losing!

So come out come out you scallywags,
Help prepare the dishes and wares,
For the sooner we get out,
Before our mind’s in doubt,
Make sure you’re doubly prepared!

(everypony is now taking part in the cooking)
(Chorus)
Planning for party is no joke,
To laugh and cheer with your own folk,
But human I know you’re lonely,
Which is why we’ll support you with only~

The best sugar cream, and pot of steam,
A cake of the finest, with filling the divinest,
The muffins of extreme, confectionary that gleam!
The Best. Party. Ever!

I’ll try my best to make you smile,
Coming to my party will be worth your while.
Don’t be sad, don’t be depressed, just fill up your chest,
With all the joy of friendship!

When you’re around, the world feels abound,
With laughter and of cheer,
Because when you’re happy and I’m near,
There’s nothing to be feared!

(Chorus)
Planning for party is no joke,
To laugh and cheer with your own folk,
But human I know you’re lonely,
Which is why we’ll support you with only~

(Faster)
The best sugar cream, and pot of steam,
A cake of the finest, with filling the divinest,
The muffins of extreme, confectionary that gleam!
The Best. Party. Ever!

(Lightspeed)
The best sugar cream, and pot of steam,
A cake of the finest, with filling the divinest,
The muffins of extreme, confectionary that gleam!
The Best. Party. Ever!

(Ludicrous speed)
The best sugar cream, and pot of steam,
A cake of the finest, with filling the divinest,
The muffins of extreme, confectionary that gleam!
The Best. Party. Ever!

(Pinkie collapses in giggles under a mountain of confectionary, while everypony just collapses from sheer exhaustion).

I wasn’t there for the song and the royal crystal pony guards neglected to sing it out for me, but I knew roughly how it went. Twilight just shook her head at the news and Luna looked a little curious. The lack of any reaction made me think that that was the end of the issue as it were.

I had been horribly mistaken.

I had walked into my room after dark, with Twilight leading me back because I don’t have a ‘Night Watch’ spell she has that allows her to see in the dark. I stumbled into the room and called out to Twilight to hit the light crystal so I could make my way to the bed. I couldn’t touch it to activate it. Duh.

I think I got the shock of my life when the lights suddenly flashed on and I found everyone standing in a rough semi-circle yelling ‘surprise’!

I looked a little shocked but I recovered quickly.

“Aww you guys are sweet”, I said heartily, ruffling Pinkie’s hair as she babbled things like ‘Are ya surprised, are ya? Are ya?’, Luna looked at me in disappointment, I think she was expecting me to fall on my backside or something. Disappointment indeed. Cadance and Shining stood to the side smiling demurely.

“Well, not that I’m complaining but what is this for?” I asked everyone, sweeping my gaze over the minimal guests.

Twilight strode forward.

“I got the feeling you were never really introduced to Equestria in quite the welcoming way, and Pinkie felt that you should have a party to really enjoy yourself here”, she replied, nudging me over to the cupcakes.

“Try one, but be careful about the hot sauce”, she told me, while hoofing over a bottle of glaze and a rainbow crusted cupcake.

“Hot sauce?” I shot her quizzically.

Pinkie was downing a cupcake drowning in the red fiery liquid.

She bit down and talked between chews.

“’t’s ‘wat? Itsch geeewd”, she mumbled incomprehensively, while I rolled my eyes.

I took a bite out of the cupcake.

Of all the universes…

This was diabetes in a small tin foil covering but this WAS AMAZING.

Sugar was in there for sure, but sweet overtones and subtle flavouring of at least ten different kinds of fruit assaulted my taste buds, as I tasted the cupcake. I glanced over to Luna who was unceremoniously stuffing her face with cupcake. Even Shining and Cadance were going at it.

I barely resisted the urge to dive into another one.

“Pinkie what did you put in these?” I asked, moaning in delight as the aftertaste kicked in.

“Zap Weather Berry water”, Pinkie replied happily as Twilight did a double take.

“I’m sorry, what now?” I queried, confused.

“Zap Weather Berry water”, Pinkie repeated, which didn’t help.

“They’re a type of berry we found in the Everfree forest, Pinkie how did you get all the water up here in the Empire?” Twilight asked, though I noticed, very cautiously.

“Oh silly, I have Zap Weather Berry water stashed all over Equestria, in case of-“ Pinkie began, but was stopped by a hoof to her mouth as Twilight let out a despondent sigh.

“That’s okay Pinkie, I don’t need to know”, Twilight deadpanned, eating some more cupcakes to drown out the lack of logic. I did too. I was also a scientist.

The party went pleasantly, there was even some dancing and I cringed when Twilight took to the floor by herself. My dancing wasn’t the greatest so I didn’t judge but I guess Twilight was really enjoying herself, she just danced as if no one was watching. I couldn’t do that and I think I stood there in admiration as she did something casually what I couldn’t do in years.

Pinkie Pie had really good groove, she danced like a professional with a choreographed routine. I would have called… something if Twilight hadn’t dropped that Cadance had actually handled the music, which came from a strange machine-thing called a gramophone. It wasn’t a speaker but it seemed to amplify sounds and have quite good audio fidelity for something that looked fairly simple. Maybe it had really complicated mechanics behind it, I was curious but I would ask Twilight later.

It was unique. It was strange. It was nice.

It felt like home.

And it scared me.

For every moment that I enjoying myself and accepting life here, there was a moment lost on my home planet Earth.

Was it right? Should I be worried?

I think I might have had firm answers to that about a month ago.

But now…

I didn’t know.

Author's Note:

Will we ever learn his name? Maybe after this party.

Maybe never.

NB: I'm still sick as a dog (why are dogs sick?), so apologies for the lack of proofing or the short A/Ns.

Next Chapter: Zebras suddenly make ponies live in a secluded forest. Take that speciest ponies! Zecora makes a potion that increases stamina of all kinds. She becomes rich overnight.

As always, my 20% cooler readers, thanks for reading!

PreviousChapters Next