• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 4,445 Views, 385 Comments

Synch - sunnypack



Dive into a new world with Synch, a revolutionary device that interfaces with your brainwaves. Synch is taking the world by storm. Take a vacation. Find adventure. Unfortunately for one human though, he is about to have a never-ending adventure...

  • ...
25
 385
 4,445

PreviousChapters Next
57 - Bonus Chapter: Sun Sick (non-canon)

This chapter is the result of my sickness and the inability to write anything substantial while being sick, sorry my readers! This is not canon.

The dull, pale sun shone a blood red over the land of Equestria. Outside, curious mares and stallions stopped what they were doing and gazed upon in a mixture of curiosity and trepidation as the sun reflected a deep red wine colour across the sky. The event would not have been so unusual if the sun had been close to the horizon, unfortunately for ponies near and far, they registered the sun to be at the 12 o’clock position. Smack bang at position of the time of noon.

What worried the populace even further was that the sun had not budged for a while. Its glow was reflective of something gone terribly, terribly wrong.

When Luna turned her head up into the sky, after taking a brief moment’s nap. She immediately realised the grave implications. Immediately, she sped off to Celestia’s room, knocking furiously on the oak-plated double doors.

“Sister! Sister! Let me in!” she gushed outside the doors. The guards shifted uneasily, unable to adjust to the situation. There was no protocol for this kind of disaster.

Luna flared her wings, blowing the doors clean off their hinges as she charged in.

“Sister-“ Luna began, but faltered when she was greeted by an unusual sight.

Celestia was splayed out on the bed in a rather undignified manner, the guards who had followed in cast glances at each other as Luna dismissed them quickly.

Celestia had her hooves mashed against her pounding head.

“Ooooh”, she moaned pitifully. “My body, it aches!”

Luna looked at her sister in pity. Though their bodies were indeed immortal, they were not as invulnerable as ponies normally attributed them as. Celestia had contracted some form of rare illness that had assaulted and won past her prodigious immune defences.

“G-get the human”, Celestia groaned, flopping haphazardly on her bed.

Luna looked at Celestia in concern before realising what her sister required.

“A magical ailment?” she posited, as the parts fell into place. Her sister nodded vigorously, which in her current state was more like the slow nods of a sloth.

Luna rushed to fetch the human.

A touch later, Celestia was sighing in relief.

“Much better!” she proclaimed, bounding to her feet. Luna sighed in relief.

“Thank you…” she began but then paused.

“What’s your name again?” Luna asked, in confusion.

“We’ve been over this”, I growled, shaking my head in frustration. “In this land, magic is tagged to a name, so if you can’t remember mine, it’s because of my null being properties.”

Celestia pondered that statement for a while.

“We should give you a name, as way of thanking you”, she pronounced, getting up and moving towards the court.

“No, nope, nadda, nopies, nay, neigh, nigh, no!” I furiously disagreed, sensing a bad undercurrent.

“Is this how you thank your benefactor?!” I yelled, as I dragged by the scruff of my shirt by Luna.

“Yes, I think so”, Celestia replied. “After all you’ve done for us, bestowing you a name would be a worthy cause. Well worth the effort.”

“Is this what Equestrians have to spend their tax dollars on?!” I belted out, hoping to find a way out. I relaxed as Celestia and Luna paused.

“Luna”, Celestia spoke in confidential tones, as she addressed her little sister. “Remind me how much does the current treasury hold?”

Luna paused for a moment, as if to think of the amount, Celestia knew she was just keeping up with that for appearances sake, the lunar diarch knew Equestria’s treasury back to front.

“I’d say we have in excess of two hundred trillion bits”, Luna replied, as I ogled at the ridiculous number.

“How… what…? Aren’t those bits in pure gold?!” I exclaimed in disbelief.

Luna regarded me coolly.

“In modern Equestrian, I’d say ‘yep’”, Luna replied, casually.

I sagged, unable to fight to two mischievous diarchs.

Later that day, I was named Prince Happy Face, Protector of Love, Tolerance and Friendship.

Later that day, I also became an anarchist.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry, I'm as sick as a dog right now, so updates will be slow as the time perceived as one would view a train crash as adrenaline and other endogenous agonists flood your central nervous system receptors in an attempt to protect yourself by heightening reaction times in some way.

Which is an analogy because that time frame is actually pretty fast.

Next Chapter: I actually get on with the plot when I get over being sick. Celestia names a star after my new title as Happy Face. Twilight bakes grass and it comes out, really bad, like toxic. How does she do that? Pinkie discovers how an Earth pony can teleport and time travel, paradoxes ensues.

As always, my patient and understanding and so many virtues I can't even fit them here readers, thanks for reading!

PreviousChapters Next