• Published 28th Jul 2014
  • 1,664 Views, 42 Comments

Evil Genius: The New Pony Order - Dolphy Blue Drake



As the finishing touches are put on the device that would enable Alexis to rule Earth, a certain man causes her entire island to disappear into the abyss. It reappears in an ocean on Equus, and the Evil Genius has a new world to take over.

  • ...
7
 42
 1,664

Juice the Lemons

The next day, Speedy Delivery opened up the Coltland post office to get ready to send out the fliers. There were about one hundred destinations, but he’d already contacted other post offices in the general area to help out, so the packages were bound to get delivered quickly.

As Speedy finished opening for business, several mailponies streamed in through the door to the office, and he smiled.

“Thank you for coming on such a short notice,” he informed the pegasi. “You and your respective mail services shall be reimbursed for this, so please don’t worry about payment. It’ll be taken care of.”

“Excuse me,” a gray pegasus mare with wall eyes cut in, holding up a wing.

“Yes, Miss…” the postmaster trailed off, forgetting her name.

“It’s Derpy Hooves.” the mare answered. “When do you need these delivered by? I have a mail route of my own back in Ponyville, you know.”

“Today would be preferable,” Speedy replied. “This is going to be something big for the entire world, after all. A new race has been discovered, and they’re advertising trips to their island home. I think it’s in every nation’s best interests to start relations with this race.”

“Wow, that does sound important,” Derpy said with wide eyes. “Okay, then. Just give me my packages, and I’ll be on my way!”

“I love your enthusiasm, Miss Hooves,” Speedy said with excitement. “Your packages are by the door. Just find the ones for the agencies in your area and have them delivered by the end of the day. Your compensation will be delivered to you tomorrow.”

Derpy and the other pegasi scrambled to grab their boxes and stuffed them into their mail bags before darting out the door and taking to the sky.

I’ll be giving up some of my new funds for this, but I don’t care, Speedy thought after the last pony left. We’ll still have more than enough to renovate the town.


A few hours later, two mares burst into Princess Twilight’s library at the same time, each one carrying a flier.

“Hey, Twi! You’re not gonna believe this!” Rainbow Dash blurted out before the other mare could say anything.

“Believe what, Rainbow?” Twilight asked as she looked up from the book she was reading. “Oh, hello Rarity.”

Rarity nodded, but let Dash continue speaking.

“There’s this new organization that’s being assembled in Canterlot called E.C.L.I.P.S.E.!” Rainbow exclaimed. “They’re supposed to be superspies or something! This’ll be my chance to show the Wonderbolts how cool I really am!”

“That’s great, Dash,” Twilight said enthusiastically before turning to Rarity. “So, what brings you here, Rarity?”

“The trip of a lifetime, that’s what!” Rarity gushed. “There’s this newly-discovered island paradise advertising trips for anypony who wants to go! I was about to buy tickets for all six of us!”

“That sounds fun,” Twilight replied with a smile. “Going to new places, learning new things… Oh! I’ll need to pack some paper and quills to take notes!”

Before Twilight could bolt upstairs, though, Rarity stopped her and showed her the flier. “Take a look at this, darling,” she said as she levitated the sheet of paper over to Twilight.

It read:

Newly-Discovered Island: Tiki Island

This small jungle island paradise is home to a newly-discovered race: “humans”. The humans wish to meet beings from all over the world, and have opened up their island home for tourism. With two high-class hotels and many sights to see, Tiki Island is perfect for a quick getaway for a few days!

A three-day trip costs 15 bits per ticket, with an extra 5 bit charge for each extra day.

A free train ride to Coltland will be provided for all participants, and a boat will take ticket holders to the island from there.

Don’t miss this chance! Rates are subject to change, so act quickly! Tiki Island awaits!

“Wow, a new race…” Twilight whispered. “This is even more groundbreaking than I thought! As a Princess, I need to meet this new race! Rarity, you buy those tickets. I’ll get the rest of the girls.”

“Wonderful, darling,” Rarity said with a nod. “Well, I’m off!”

With that, Rarity left, and Twilight was alone with Dash.

“You guys enjoy your trip,” Rainbow said as she turned to head out the door. “I’m joining these E.C.L.I.P.S.E. guys today! Later, Twi!”

Before Twilight could protest, Dash was gone, leaving a rainbow trail behind her as she sped towards Canterlot.


At Canterlot Palace, a large group of ponies was assembling outside the castle, all with the intent to apply for positions in the new organization created by the Princesses.

Dash touched down near the back of the crowd and craned her neck for a better look.

After what felt like ages, Princess Celestia exited the palace and after saying some things Dash couldn’t hear due to how far away she was, motioned for all the applicants to enter.

“Hello, Rainbow Dash,” Celestia greeted the cyan pegasus warmly as Dash flew past. “I had a feeling you’d show up.”

“Of course you did!” Dash replied, beaming with pride. “This is the chance of a lifetime!”

“Well, your instructor will be in the first conference room to your left,” Celestia told her. “Just follow the other ponies, and don’t be alarmed at his appearance.”

Dash shrugged and followed the other ponies to a large room filled with desks and chairs. She took a seat near the front, and waited for their “instructor” to show up.

I wonder why Celestia asked me not to be alarmed, Dash thought.

She soon found out as a tall, lanky biped entered the room and walked to the front to address all the ponies.

“Greetings, future defenders of Equestria,” the creature said. “My name is John Steele. I am a human, and I have knowledge about a possible threat to the peace and well-being of the entire world: a self-styled ‘Evil Genius’ named Alexis.”

Several ponies in the room gasped, but Dash was filled with excitement. Saving the world as a superspy would surely get the Wonderbolts to beg her to join them!

“Alexis is a human, like me,” Steele continued. “She has a colossal ego, and wishes to stroke that ego by conquering the world and gaining the adoration of the entire planet. Your mission will be to locate and stop her. I can’t guarantee that all of you will survive, but more than just your own lives are at stake, here. This entire world is at stake!”

Many ponies gasped again, but Rainbow was now on the edge of her seat.

“I have knowledge of how to train agents in four separate fields,” John added. “These are: soldiers, thieves, investigators, and saboteurs Alexis’s forces are formidable, and we’ll need ponies who can fight, and fight extremely well. She also has a tendency to send out minions to steal valuable items from around the world, so we’ll need ponies who can recover those items if she manages to pilfer them. Of course, we also need ponies who can bring back evidence of her actions, to ensure that once we think we’ve found her base, that we’re right. Finally, she’ll likely have her base loaded with traps, so some ponies who can eliminate those hazards will be important, as well.”

“Now, I’ve assembled a team of experts on pony abilities to help me determine which field each of you should train in for best results,” Steele continued, motioning several guradsponies and doctors over to join him. “We will evaluate each and every one of you, and then assign each of you a field to train in.”

After that, the applicants were led to another room, where each was tested on all sorts of things: speed, endurance, precision with ranged weapons, stealth, strength in hoof-to-hoof combat, alertness, intelligence, and many other things that made Rainbow’s head spin.

After several hours of evaluations, John Steele himself walked up to Rainbow and took her aside.

“You’ve shown great potential, Miss Dash,” Steele informed her. “But we can’t seem to find a field to fit you.”

Dash looked down sadly. Was she being rejected? Was Steele telling her to go home?

“Normally, one field is enough to fit an agent’s expertise,” John continued. “But in your case, you show great potential for being both a soldier and a saboteur. We can’t pick just one, for that would be an insult to your abilities.”

“What are you saying?” Dash asked in confusion.

“I’m saying that you can’t just be one, Miss Dash,” Steele replied. “You need to be both, if you are to be a successful agent. I didn’t inform the others in the briefing, but there’s a fifth kind of agent. One so special, that an organization can only have one. Where I come from, the agency I worked for had me in that position. I’m referring to the special title of ‘super agent’. A super agent is fantastic in two fields, not one, and is the best the agency has to offer. What I’m telling you is that you have the makings of a super agent in you, and the only one who can train you to be one without you discovering your potential for yourself, after months of rising through the ranks, is me. Do you accept my proposal, Miss Dash? Will you let me train you in the art of the super agent?”

Rainbow’s jaw dropped, and she couldn’t form words for several minutes. If she really could be a ‘super agent’ like Steele claimed, there’d be no way the Wonderbolts wouldn’t want her after this!

“I’ll do it!” Dash finally exclaimed. “Teach me all you’ve got, John! I’m ready for anything!”

“That’s just what I was hoping to hear,” the super agent said with a smile. “Follow me, Miss Dash. First, I’m going to teach you about how to be the ultimate saboteur, since I actually am one, myself. I’ll need help training you in the art of the soldier, seeing as I’m an investigator, not a soldier, but we’ll get there after I teach you what I can on my own. Also, mastering the art of a super agent will render you nearly unbeatable My mastery of the art has kept Alexis from ever being able to kill me. She’s captured me, but she hasn’t been able to kill me, no matter how hard she’s tried.”

The thought of being nigh invincible caused Dash to shake with excitement. She couldn’t wait to start training!


Meanwhile, Twilight and her friends—minus Rainbow Dash and plus Spike—were riding the train to the port town of Coltland mentioned on the flier. They were trying to have a nice, pleasant ride, but one pony kept trotting through their car and wouldn’t stop gushing over the trip she was taking.

“Oh, this is going to be so great!” Lyra Heartstrings squealed as she dashed through their car for what felt like the hundredth time. “Real-live humans! I knew they were real! I mean, why else would Orion look like one if they didn’t exist?”

Thankfully, the door slammed shut behind the mint green unicorn, leaving the five mares and one baby dragon in peace once more.

“It’s too bad Dashie couldn’t come,” Pinkie moped. “She’s gonna miss out on the party I’m gonna throw for the humans! Every new pony deserves a party, and even though these humans aren’t ponies, they still get a party!”

“Sugarcube, Ah thought ya promised not ta throw them any parties,” Applejack groaned. “They’re the hosts, here. If they want a party, they’ll throw it.”

“I hope the animals there are nice,” Fluttershy whispered. “I heard they have really cute monkeys there.”

“Doesn’t this sound like something out of a superspy comic, though?” Spike piped up. “I mean, an island is suddenly discovered in the middle of the ocean, a new race nopony’s met before, a volcano in the middle of—”

Don’t be so paranoid, Spike,” Twilight said, cutting him off. “It’s just an island with a new race. Don’t start calling them evil just because of something you read in some comic.”

“She’s right, Spikey-wikey,” Rarity added before the dragon could protest. “This is a chance to see new fashion! New ideas for design! Don’t start pointing claws before you get to know them!”

That shut Spike up, and they travelled in relative silence for the rest of the train ride—excepting Lyra’s constant interruptions.

Upon arriving at the small port town, Twilight and her friends gasped at how many ponies had shown up for the trip, as well as all the other races that had shown up.

“Diamond dogs, griffons, minotaurs…” Twilight breathed. “So many different races have turned out for this! This is amazing!”

“Sorry to keep all of you waiting,” a lanky biped in a red bathrobe said as he approached, flanked by two chubbier bipeds in red suits, one on either side. “I’m Henry Parker. I’ll be piloting the boat to Tiki Island. Now, if you’ll just follow us to the docks, we’ll be on our way.”

At the docks, a white metal boat was waiting for them. It looked far more advanced than any boat Twilight had seen before, and she was eager to learn how it worked.

But before Twilight could ask, Lyra ran up to the human and started shaking his hand vigorously with both front hooves.

“Pleased to meet you, Henry-the-Human! I’m Lyra Heartstrings! I always knew your kind existed! Can you answer some questions for me? I’ve got so many!”

“Whoa, slow down there,” Henry chuckled. “There’s a little over a hundred of us back at the island. I’m sure you’ll find someone to answer your questions there. We’ve got to get going!”

Lyra’s ears drooped, but she let the human lead them into the ship, and they cast off, travelling at a speed that Twilight had thought was impossible for such a vehicle.

“It’s about a hundred fifty nautical miles out, so we should be there in a couple hours,” Henry explained when Twilight asked him how long they’d take to get there. Her jaw dropped at his response. The boat could travel at seventy-five knots? That was incredible!


As General Mimic piloted the boat in the guise of one of the minions, he started thinking about that green unicorn.

Her love of humans should provide me with a good meal to keep me satisfied until I can start feeding off of the adoration Alexis gets from her minions, he thought. I’ll be back to full strength soon, and then I can really get things started! Alexis, you picked the right henchman when you hired me. You won’t regret letting me join once I’ve got my full strength back. Carapace will pay!

Author's Note:

Okay, the challenge for this chapter is special: I can't think of something for E.C.L.I.P.S.E. to stand for, so whoever can come up with a clever enough backronym for it wins the challenge, and not only will they get a featured OC, but they'll also get their answer to be the official meaning of E.C.L.I.P.S.E.!

EDIT: The challenge has been won by Darksonickiller. Congrats on another challenge won! The winning entry was "Elite Corps for Lasting International Peace and the Safety of Equestria". This is now what E.C.L.I.P.S.E. stands for, so I'll probably use the full name a few times in the story.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and happy reading!

Comments ( 12 )

4774523 Oh, wait. You mean the game itself. Okay. EG only works on Windows (unfortunately, since I prefer Macs. Thank heavens for Bootcamp!). Any Windows system that's from 2004 or later should be able to run it, since the original game was from 2004. (Forgive me if I got that date wrong. It might've been '06).

My name is Steele Jhon Steele, i love that part thanks for sharing, i cant wayto see Raimbow as Super Agent of ECPLISE

I was waiting for something like this. This is gonna be freakin' awesome.:pinkiecrazy:

E- Elite
C- Corps
for
L- Lasting
I- international
P- Peace
and
S- Safety
of
E- Equestria

E.C.L.I.P.S.E

4776808 That's really clever! You win again! Send me an OC idea in a PM, just like last time, following the same rules as before.

You know i never heard of Evil Genius until your story popped up. After i read chapter 2 i looked it up to see what is was like, and quickly brought it on Steam. Can't get enough of it, thank you for introducing it to.

Also will a Rival Appear? That would be cool, Evil Genius Vs Evil Genius Vs World.

Also Also, if ya don't have any anagrams for the other nations Forces, i Have a few if ya want to hear them.

Are you going to continue the storie or is dead

5096109 It'll continue. I'm stuck partway through Chapter 5 at the moment.

Comment posted by Dolphy Blue Drake deleted Oct 4th, 2014

5097552 Ok thanks for the reply, i really loke the storie

will read when new chapter comes out.

Good story can you do more

Login or register to comment