• Published 24th Jul 2014
  • 3,315 Views, 85 Comments

My Little Smash Bros: Clashing Worlds - supermariosoniclover



Something has gone wrong in the worlds of Equestria and the Smash Bros. Universe, and the worlds are starting to connect together. Can the Mane Six, along with the help of new allies put a stop to this before it is too late?

  • ...
10
 85
 3,315

Chapter 7 - Nightmare Woods

Back in Dream Land, Dedede and Escargoon are in the throne room discussing what Kirby, Twilight and the gang might be looking for.


"Sire, whatever that purple pony's looking for has to be important if Kirby's involved."


Escargoon said, informing his ruler. The gang couldn't have gone out for no good reason...


"You make a good point. We gotta get to Whispy Woods before they do and find it ourselves. Then maybe we can use it to finally get Kirby! EH-HEH-HEH-HEH!"


Meanwhile, Twilight and the gang are heading down the pathway of Whispy Woods...


"Tiff, you said that Kirby is a Star Warrior, right?"


Twilight was really curious about this. How could such a cute pink puffball like Kirby be a warrior?!


"That's right. Star Warriors are noble heroes who protect planets from monsters like the ones King Dedede sends out to try and defeat Kirby."


Twilight started stroking her chin in thought.


"Kirby doesn't seem like one. He's always so playful, and innocent."


"Poyo!"


Kirby happily exclaimed with a huge smile. Tuff then decided to jump into the conversation.


"He doesn't know better yet. Meta Knight said he was in his starship sleeping when it suddenly set a course here. Kirby wasn't supposed to wake up for a really long time so he's just a baby Star Warrior."


Tiff piped up.


"But he's always been able to protect us."


"Well... I guess you're right. But still, all that responsibility and he's still so playful."


Spike decided to remind Twilight what he has done in the past. Also being a baby dragon.


"Well, remember what we've been through, Twilight? Remember when I saved the Crystal Empire?"


"And you're still my #1 assistant, Spike."


Twilight said as she gave Spike a noogie.


"Aww, thanks Twilight."


Tiff recognised their environment. They had made it into Whispy Woods.


"Well, here we are. I'm sure when we find Whispy, he'll tell us where your element is."


"Meta Knight didn't say it was my element, but let's hope it is."


Meanwhile with King Dedede...


"Alright everyone, search the entire area until we find that shiny object! Leave no stone unturned, and clear the forest if necessary!"


Captain Waddle Doo declared to the Waddle Dees.


"That was a great idea bringing along them Waddle Dees."


King Dedede declared.


"Now for phase 2 of our plan!"


Dedede and Escargoon both clasped their hands together.


"Heheheheheheh!"


Out in the distance they could hear Kirby.


"Poyo!"


Both of them hugged each other in fright.


"AHH!"


"Kirby's here!"


"Then why are we still standing around here for? Let's get a move on!"


Whispy started waking up as Dedede and Escargoon started running towards him.


"Hmm? What's going on? Something doesn't feel right."


"Whispy!"


"Thank goodness we found you!"


Dedede raised his hands and frantically tried to explain.


"It's Kirby! 2 purple monsters have taken over him, Tiff and Tuff. And only you have the power to stop him before he tears down the whole forest!"


Whispy frowned with an angry face.


"I'm not helping you after you tried to destroy the forest for your own personal gain. Besides, Kirby wouldn't just let himself get mind-controlled like that."


Escargoon then jumped in.


"Guess he didn't get the memo. Remember that demon frog?"


"And I could've used its pow---uh, what I meant to say was you gotta stop Kirby to save him."


Whispy completely ignored the two, as he felt a strange presence nearby.


"Something doesn't seem ri---AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"


Dedede scratched his head.


"What's happening?"


"I don't know, but I'm scared!"


Suddenly Whispy found himself to be completely covered in a dark aura with light green eyes.


"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am free! Now I can spread darkness across this new land! This new world shall know the name of Nightmare Moon!"


Dedede tried to calmly explain.


"On second thought, I have a better idea."


"What's that?"


"RUUUUUUN!"


Both of them started running away from the forest as fast as possible, running into Kirby and the gang in the process.


"Is that Dedede?"


"And Escargoon! What are they doing here?"


Dedede ran past, shoving them both out of the way.


"OUTTA MY WAY!"


"WAIT FOR ME, SIRE!"


Suddenly branches appear, trapping everyone in.


"You're not going anywhere!"


"What was that?"


"That sounded like Whispy!"


Nightmare Moon begins inspecting her new body, feeling quite proud of it.


"This new body serves me quite well. Every single one of you will be the first to witness a new era of darkness!"


Twilight gasped in shock.


"That voice...! It can't be!"


"I think it is!"


"But that's impossible! I thought Nightmare Moon was defeated!"


"Well well well. Twilight Sparkle! It's been a while since our last encounter! I see you're now a princess!"


Tiff started to become confused.


"Twilight, how does Whispy know you?"


"That's not Whispy. I'm afraid it's an old foe of mine, Nightmare Moon."


Tuff was now also very curious.


"Who's that?"


"When I first moved to Ponyville, I had a sneaking suspicion that Nightmare Moon would return and try to plunge Equestria in total darkness. Nightmare Moon is the result of the jealousy built up in Princess Luna. In a last ditch effort, Princess Celestia had to banish Luna to the moon for 1000 years. She managed to return, but thanks to the elements of harmony, me, and my friends, we were all able to defeat her."


Nightmare Whispy started getting aggravated with all the talk.


"Enough talk! With this new form, I will use every ounce of my power to destroy you and all you hold dear! Come, my minions! Destroy these pests! Have a taste of my power!"


Nightmare Whispy said as she threw rotten apples that formed on her towards the group.


"Poyo!"


Kirby sucked in one of the apples, and spat it out towards Whispy.


"What was that? You dare use my own weapons against me? I think I'll destroy you first, you pink pest!"


"Kirby, run!"


"Poyo!!"


"Oh no you don't!"


Nightmare Whispy uproots razor sharp branches in Kirby's path.


"We gotta hide!"


Tuff declared, giving Twilight a confused expression.


"But we can't just leave Kirby, he's getting badly injured!"


Tiff reassured her.


"It'll be okay, Twilight. Kirby's faced tougher situations before. We just have to believe in him."


Twilight reluctantly agreed.


"...You're right."


"I got an idea! There's gotta be something Kirby can inhale, right?"


Tiff clicked her fingers. Tuff was onto something!


"You're right! If we can find something for him to inhale, he can transform and fight back!"


Twilight scratched her head.


"Kirby can transform?"


"Kirby's got a really big appetite and he can suck up things like a vacuum. We need to find him an object and he can copy its power."


Suddenly, Tiff notices a strange glimmer of light coming from behind a tree. She goes to pick the shiny object up, inspecting it.


"What's that thing?"


Tuff came up and gave a close look at it.


"It's a strange blue diamond."


The "blue diamond" began to start glowing insanely bright. Nightmare Whispy had to cover her eyes with one of her branches to block most of the light from her vision.


"What's that blinding light?!"


The Emerald then managed to send it's energy towards Twilight, with a huge blue aura of energy coming out of it towards her.


"Twilight, are you alright?"


"I'm fine. I feel like a huge burst of energy just entered me."


Twilight's horn began to glow it's normal colour. (Yes I am from the UK. It's colour here. Get over it =P)


"Twilight, your horn! It's glowing! Try using magic!"


Twilight then proceeded to use her magic to shoot out a beam towards Whispy.


"OW! That really hurt! Where did that power come from?"


As she tried finding who caused it, Twilight appeared in her eyesight, with a determined expression.


"I did that!"


Nightmare Whispy began to do a nasty looking grin.


"So, Twilight Sparkle. It seems you've gotten stronger since our last encounter. I guess you becoming a princess was a good choice after all. But this will be the last thing you do!"


"Twilight, charge up another magic beam but aim it at Kirby."


"Are you sure about this?"


Twilight began charging another beam, and aimed it towards Kirby.


"I'm positive! Kirby! Suck it up!"


"Poyo!"


"Hold on to something, guys! Twilight, now's your chance!"


"I hope you're on to something here."


Twilight proceeds to fire her beam, with Kirby sucking it up afterwards. After a fancy transformation sequence that I am too lazy to write, Kirby has become Beam Kirby.


"Sweet Celestia...!"


Twilight's mouth was agape, amazed by what she had just witnessed.


Tuff fist pumped the air in excitement.


"Alright! It's Beam Kirby!"


Nightmare Whispy was also confused. She couldn't believe how this small creature could hold this much power!


"What?! How can such power come from a small body such as this?!"


"I thought you would've remembered from the last time, Nightmare Moon! Kirby, let's finish this!"


"Poyo!"


Twilight and Kirby both started charging their attacks up to maximum power, and then launched them both right at the same time.


"NOOOOOOO! HOW COULD I LET THIS HAPPEN?! CURSE THIS BODY! THIS ISN'T OVER, TWILIGHT SPARKLE!"


Nightmare Moon's spirit begins to fly out of Whispy's body, and goes out into the distance. Whispy begins to regain consciousness.


"What happened to me?"


Twilight walked up to the tree, explaining the situation.


"You were possessed by Nightmare Moon, but Kirby and I saved you."


"Poyo!"


"Thank you, Princess Twilight Sparkle. And you too, Kirby. You've saved the entire forest."


Tiff then remembered 2 others who were a part of this.


"Now there's one thing left to take care of."


Dedede and Escargoon came out of a nearby bush, cowering in fear.


"Is it over yet?"


They both saw Whispy and instantly grabbed each other again and screamed.


"AHH!"


Then Escargoon noticed he seems different than earlier now. And got out of the King's grip.


"Wait. What happened to Whispy?"


"He's back to normal, but what I wanna know is what you two were doing here!?"


Meta Knight managed to appear right behind the gang at this moment in time.


"They were trying to find the object you were looking for."


Twilight stepped back in shock.


"Where did you come from?"


"I followed His Majesty knowing he'd be up to no good as usual. That blue diamond possesses great power and I suggest you keep a hold of it. It could be useful later. I'm sorry I couldn't help you when the time was needed, but the forest was being protected by a magical barrier that my sword couldn't cut through. But I did notice a mysterious spaceship not too far off from here. Perhaps you should investigate."


"Thanks, Meta Knight."


"Now I must return to the castle and continue my training. Until we meet again, my friends."


Meta Knight then proceeded to fly off into the direction of the castle. Twilight and co. now started to look around for this "mysterious spaceship".



*TO BE CONTINUED*

Author's Note:

Woo! This was a long one! Half of this was actually edited during college believe it or not. Well not edited on the computer. Basically I got the script, printed it all out, got some paper, and during my free time in college, I wrote as much as I could. And it ended up being around a bit over half. Any who though, big things are starting to happen now! Be sure to look out for the next episode soon enough!

Unrelated note: This weekend on saturday, I managed to go to a gaming convention with a couple friends of mine. It was a ton of fun! Wore my Fluttershirt other there: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=836577316361763&set=pcb.719796688109392&type=1&theater

Unfortunately, nobody really came up to me or said anything. =( I did manage to play Yoshi's Woolly World and Splatoon though, and they were both a ton of fun. Most likely going to be recording my impressions of them very soon, so if you watch my YouTube channel, be on the look out for that. What games are you guys looking forward to during the holiday season and 2015?