• Published 24th Jul 2014
  • 3,315 Views, 85 Comments

My Little Smash Bros: Clashing Worlds - supermariosoniclover



Something has gone wrong in the worlds of Equestria and the Smash Bros. Universe, and the worlds are starting to connect together. Can the Mane Six, along with the help of new allies put a stop to this before it is too late?

  • ...
10
 85
 3,315

Chapter 16 - World Fusion

Back with Twilight and friends, they have managed to teleport successfully to Mega City. Or so they think...


Twilight looked around the city, seeing many futuristic buildings. Her mouth was agape. She had never seen things so advanced before!


"So this is Mega City. I’ve never seen anything like this before. Everything here is so advanced!"


Tuff chuckled.


"It’s like we’re in the future! Pretty cool, right Kirby?"


Kirby jumped in the air with a smile.


"Poyo!"


Nevertheless, they needed to get down to business. Palutena was thinking about what they could do.


"Well, now that we’re here, we should focus on the task at hand. Ness, you said you could pick up similar PSI readings here, right? Know anyone else who could use PSI?"


Ness scratched his head, thinking long and hard about the question.


"Hmm. Well Paula’s back home in Twoson helping her mom run the preschool, and Poo’s in Dalam doing special training. I don’t think there’s anyone else who—"


Not very far away in the distance, many civilians could be spotted screaming their lungs out, and running for their lives.


"What’s going on, Lady Palutena?"


Palutena attempted to look around, to see why the city was in such a ruck-us. However, she couldn't see anything.


"I don’t know, Pit. Let’s ask one of these people."


Palutena walked up to one of the Civilian's as calmly as possible, but as soon as she was about to open her mouth to speak, the Civilian ran back and fourth in a panic and yelled:


"RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! IT’S A GHOST ATTACK!"


Rarity gasped with a hoof over her mouth.


"Ghosts? You mean this city is haunted?"


Meanwhile in an underground lab under city hall, a message from the president appears.


"The city is under siege by another ghost attack! We need—"


"Say no more, Mr. President. I’ll contact them right away. They should have this cleared before lunch!"


Back with Team Twilight, the ghosts have over run the city and the civilians have found shelter.


Pit was awestruck by what he was seeing. Ghosts, after ghosts, after ghosts were seen flying over them, and attempting to take over the city.


"I’ve never seen this many ghosts before!"


Tiff was starting to panic a bit.


"What do we do?!"


Tuff snapped his fingers, believing his plan would work.


"I know! Kirby, try sucking up one of them!"


"Poyo!" (inhales one of the ghosts but spits out slime and a pair of eyeballs which then float away)


Kirby managed to inhale one of them, but in doing so caused him to spit out slime, and a pair of eyeballs. The set of eyes then floated away. Kirby made a disgusted expression with his tongue.


"Kirby, are you ok?"


Kirby shook his head towards Twilight, with a frown on his face.


"Well I guess eating them is an option, but I don’t think Kirby will like that idea at all. So we need another option. Pit, you, Dark Pit, Sonic and Shadow try to hold the army off as much as you can."


Pit fist pumped the air in excitement.


"You got it, Lady Palutena!"


Dark Pit folded his arms and looked away.


"Let’s just get this over with so we can get back to the mission!"


Pit put his hand on his chin in thought.


"Since when do you care so much about the mission? I thought you only cared about yourself."


Dark Pit was getting visibly irritated, and started clenching his fists.


"Shut it, Pit-stain, let’s just go already!"


Sonic looked towards Shadow's direction.


"Shadow, try using your chaos spears on the ghosts!"


"Already on it!"


Shadow swung his arm in a horizontal motion, sending out multiple projectiles towards the ghosts.


"Chaos Spear!"


However it was to no avail. The shots went right through the ghosts.


"Maybe a little homing attack’ll send these ghosts packing!"


Sonic attempts to use his homing attack on several ghosts, but he ends up going through them and getting covered in slime instead.


"Ugh!"


"Ness, can’t you use your PSI on them?"


Ness shaked his head at Twilight.


"Probably not. If Shadow’s attacks didn't work, then I doubt mine’ll work on them. We’re really running out of options and we’re out numbered. We need a miracle and fast!"


In the distance, one of the ghosts was announcing victory towards their leader.


"Boss, we’ve secured the city!"


"Excellent! This is going all according to plan!"


The ghosts began seeing a yellow figure in the background. Knowing exactly what they were going up against, many of them flew away in fear.


Their boss was more than displeased...


"WHAT?! Where are you going?! Get back here and terrorize the city!"


One of the ghosts flew up to him, shaking violently.


"It’s him, boss!"


"You don’t mean…?"


The ghost was unable to respond. He was eaten.


"It’s the Pac-Man!"


"Tell Betrayus I said “Hi!”"


Pac-Man eats a Titanium Berry, which causes him to transform into Titanium Pac.


Twilight noticed the giant yellow figure in the distance, defending the city from this ghost attack.


"Looks like help’s arrived!"


Back with Pac-Man, he looked towards his friends, ready to devise a plan.


"Spiral, Cyli, you take down these ghosts over there, I’ll handle the ones over here!"


Spiral saluted like a soldier.


"You got it, Pac!"


"Let’s do this!"


Team Pac then proceeds to do what they do best. Spiral and Cyli use their plasma sucking canons to trap the ghosts, while Pac-Man eats as many ghosts as he can and spits out the eyeballs.


After another job well done, Pac-Man burped and rubbed his stomach.


"We did it, guys! Hi-fives all around!"


The three of them threw their hands together in a hi-five.


"Yeah!"


Rainbow flew over to the group, amazed at what she just witnessed.


"That was amazing! The way you handled those ghosts was super cool! How’d you do that?"


Pac-Man rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn't seeing things.


"Are you guys seeing this?"


Spiral rubbed his forehead with a confused expression.


"A flying blue pony? Yeah."


Cyli squealed in delight.


"She’s so adorable! Hi there! What’s your name?"


"I’m—"


Twilight and the rest of the gang, ran over to Rainbow.


"Rainbow Dash! What are you doing?"


Dash laughed and flew around the 3 that just saved the city.


"I’m talking to the guys who totally saved us, duh!"


Twilight smiled awkwardly towards the trio, with a sweat drop.


"Excuse her, she can be a bit impulsive."


Spiral looked at Twilight with a amazed expression on his face.


"Whoa, check it out! Another one!"


"How many of you are there?"


Twilight giggled.


"A lot, actually. We’re actually looking for something."


Pac-Man was then receiving a call from the Professor.


"Pac, mah boi, what’s going on out there?"


"We took care of Betrayus’ army but now there are these weird-looking people here."


"Well are they friendly?"


Pac-Man looked at the people in front of him. Sonic smirked and gave a thumbs up. Palutena, Pit, Ness, Rarity, Fluttershy and Twilight smiled and waved. Rainbow was hovering in the air with a massive grin on her face. Shadow and Dark Pit simply crossed their arms. Kirby said "Poyo!" In happiness, with Tiff and Tuff chuckling. Pac-Man smiled.


"It seems that way. Should we bring them back with us?"


"Hmm, I don’t see why not."


The group then made their way to the underground lab where Professor Sir Cumference is. They began explaining the whole situation to him.


"So let me get this straight. You’re all from different worlds, eh?"


"That’s right."


Twilight exclaimed.


"And you say you’re looking for these “Elements of Harmony”, right?"


Twilight nodded.


"That’s about it."


Tiff wanted to know how Pac-Man was able to eat the ghosts in the first place.


"So how come Pac was the only one who could eat the ghosts while Spiral and Cyli couldn’t?"


"Because Pac is special. Unlike any other Pacs in Pac-World, only yellow Pacs have the power to eat ghosts."


Realising his mistake, Ness looked at Sir Cumference in shock.


"Did you say “Pac-World”? I thought this was Mega City!"


The professor scratched the back of his head in confusion.


"Um, where’s Mega City?"


"It exists in another dimension."


Palutena explained.


"I thought I could take you guys there. Looks like we ended up in the wrong place."


Ness looked down to the ground with a frown. He felt he let the entire team down. Pac-Man put his hand on his shoulder, in hopes of lightening his spirits.


"Don’t feel too bad, Ness. We’ll help you guys out in any way we can, right guys?"


Spiral and Cyli both gave Pac a thumbs up.


"You bet, Pac!"


"You can count on us!"


"So do you guys always have ghosts attacking your city?"


Twilight couldn't imagine what such a thing would be like in Ponyville. It started to remind her of the parasprite incident. She shuddered at the memory.


"Yeah, like every day or so. But we’re always one step ahead because we have some friends working on the inside."


Pac-Man's ghost friends made their way inside. Twilight and the others were in shock that some ghosts were still around. They put up a fighting stance. However, the ghosts were unaware of the new visitors.


"Yo, Pac-Man. We got urgent news!"


A red ghost declared.


"Betrayus is planning on launching another ghost attack pretty soon and he’s not happy this time!"


The blue ghost shook his head in disgust.


The pink ghost then noticed the others, noticing that she had never seen them before.


"Wait a minute, who are these guys?"


Pac-Man put his hands towards both groups, in order to stop some sort of fight.


"Relax, guys, these are my new friends. Everyone, this is Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde."


The giant orange ghost flew over towards the group.


"It’s very nice to meet you all."


"As long as you girls stay away from my Packums, we won’t have a problem!"


Pinky closed her eyes and frowned.


"Don’t worry about it."


Rainbow smirked slightly.


Pinky rubbed her forehead in relief.


"Well that puts me at ease."


Twilight noticed the weird resemblance of the name of the pink ghost, being a lot like her own friend's name, Pinkie Pie.


"We have a friend named Pinkie too, we’re trying to find her and another friend Applejack."


Pit was starting to hear the same voice from Pinky and Rainbow Dash, and started scratching his head.


"Um, is it me or do Rainbow Dash and Pinky sound very similar?"


"Don’t be silly, Pit!"


Pinky shook her head.


"Yeah! As if I really sound like that!"


Rainbow started getting defensive.


"What’s that supposed to mean?"


"Don’t worry about it."


Inky rolled his eyes.


"Anyway, we should probably get back to the Netherworld before Lord B. wonders where we are."


Blinky nodded in agreement.


"Yeah, but knowing him, he’ll probably take his rage out on Butt-ler, like he usually does. We’ll be back soon."


"Don’t miss me too much, my sweet Packums!"


The groups both waved good-bye to each other.


In the Netherworld, Betrayus is ranting about his most recent failure, with his attack on Pacopolis.


"Curse that yellow Pac-Brat! He foiled my plans for far too long! Why is it that every time we launch an attack he seems to get the better of us?!"


Dr. Buttocks noticed something interesting on one of the slug-cams.


"Hey, Lord Betrayus! Look at this! One of our slug-cams picked up images of a group of weird-looking creatures!"


Betrayus shoved him away, to get a clear view of this himself.


"What?! Where did they come from?"


"I don’t know, sir! But they seem to be friends with the Pac-Man."


Betrayus started to become enraged with fury. You could almost see fire in his eyes.


"Anyone who’s friends with that ghost munching menace is an enemy of ours! I just wish we knew more about what they are and what they’re doing here!"


"Hehehehehe! I guess that’s my cue!"


"Who said that?!"


Betrayus started looking around the room frantically.


Suddenly Betrayus’ TV screen changes, and shows a faint, shadowy image of the main villain.


"What happened to my TV set? I don’t remember ordering this channel in my cable subscription!"


Betrayus put his hands on his head in panic.


"Oh, I’m not a TV channel. I’m someone who can help you with your little problem, Lord Betrayus."


"How did you know my name?!"


"Oh I know a lot about you, Lord Betrayus. You see, these new threats you speak of actually come from another dimension and are looking for these items"


The figure proceeds to show him a hologram of the chaos emeralds and the elements of harmony.


"It seems to be the key to them restoring their worlds and getting everything back to normal. But if we used their power, we could take over this world and other worlds along with it!"


Betrayus rubbed his hands together with an evil smile.


"Ooooh, I like the sound of that! A world under my rule without the Pac-Man to stop me! It sounds too good to be true! Hold on, what’s your motive in this?"


The figure chuckled.


"Oh, don’t worry about what I want. My goals are…much more important. But don’t worry about that. I know someone who may also want to take over the world. He’s currently invading a location in another world called Mega City. Seems he wants to round up all the robots, and turn them into his own little play things. I saw the things he did in his short time in a place called Tazmilly. But dimension-hopping didn’t work in his favour. So I decided to give him youth in exchange for serving me. Plus, he gets to do whatever he wants."


"What’s this guy’s name?"


"King Porky Minch. Anyways, I think it’s time we get down to business. If you can get these elements, not only will I assure you and your ghosts get your bodies back, and the Tree of Life, but I’ll guarantee the defeat of Pac-Man and his little friends once and for all! Do we have a deal?"


Betrayus was on board, and accepted the offer with no hesitation.


"I accept your offer!"


The figure clasped his hands together in delight.


"Splendid! Now to set this plan in motion. Ciao!"


The TV then returned to what the slug-cams were showing.


Inky, Blinky, Pinky and Clyde saw the whole thing from a distance, hoping not to be spotted.


"Did you guys just see that?"


Pinky was frowning, and in a panicky state.


"We have to warn, Packums!"


"I fear we’re about to face a threat we’ve never faced in our entire afterlife!"


Clyde declared.


"Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go warn Pac!"


Inky declared to the group. The other 3 nodded, and they started floating out of the Netherworld. Betrayus noticed this, and confronted the group.


"And just where do you four think you’re going?!"


Blinky rubbed his hands, and tried to come up with some sort of excuse.


"Uh, we were just about to go and, uh…"


"Feed Fluffy!"


Clyde stated.


"What he said!"


"Yeah!"


Inky and Pinky both agreed.


"Hmm. Ok then. While you’re at it, you can give him a bath too! This may be the Netherworld, but even Fluffy needs proper hygiene!"


Inky saluted.


"You got it, Lord Betrayus!"


The gang made it out of the Netherworld, and all of them rubbed their foreheads in relief. They barely made it out of that one.


"That was too close."


"Good thinking, Clyde. Now let’s get out of here before something else happens!"


Suddenly an earthquake comes out of nowhere, effecting both Pacopolis and Mega City.


Back with Pac-Man and the others, they were feeling the ground shake beneath their feet.


"What’s happening?"


Spiral fell over on his back, due to the shaking.


"I think it’s some kind of earthquake!"


The ghost gang then proceeded to burst back in the Professor's lab.


"Guys! We’ve got big news, and you’re not gonna like it one bit!"


Blinky stated. As soon as he said that though, President Spheros was then shown on the TV screen.


"Pac-Man! This is an emergency! Something terrible is happening to Pac-World as we speak! I think you and your friends should look outside and see for yourselves!"


The group looked outside, and were in shock at what they were witnissing. Pacopolis, and another world in the distance, whom the group figured was Mega City, were both colliding together.


"What’s gonna happen now, Lady Palutena?"


"I don’t know, Pit. But it looks like we’re about to find out!"


Back on Mega City, with Mega Man and crew, they were witnessing the very same earthquake.


"What’s going on?"


Dr. Light wasn't sure why an earthquake was happening himself.


"I don’t recall seeing anything on earthquakes."


"I don’t think this is a normal earthquake. It’s something else. We’re just caught in the middle of it."


Roll ran back into the lab.


"Guys, I think you might wanna see this!"


The group goes outside, and finds that the world they are in, Mega City, and another world, Pacopolis, were now merging together. All they could do was stare in shock. What was going to happen now???


To be continued...

Author's Note:

Woo! Making progress with this story. This one took quite a lot out of me, as it is easily the longest chapter we have written so far. Anywho, things are starting to get interesting now! Pacopolis and Mega City have both collided now. What's going to end up happening?!

Also, it would be nice to hear you guys' feedback on what you think of the portrayal for the Pac-Man characters. We are doing our best to make sure they feel in character, so any sort of feedback on that would be appreciated.

Also, I decided to upload this chapter early, since you guys have been waiting far too long for this. ^_^'

Unrelated note: Have any of you been playing Splatoon lately? The recent update is really cool! It's a lot easier to play with friends now. However, I kinda wish you could make lobbies for turf war matches, and not just ranked battles. Oh well, maybe in a future update? It's a little annoying when I'm in a tri squad, and we go up against 4 people though. =/