• Published 24th Jul 2014
  • 3,314 Views, 85 Comments

My Little Smash Bros: Clashing Worlds - supermariosoniclover



Something has gone wrong in the worlds of Equestria and the Smash Bros. Universe, and the worlds are starting to connect together. Can the Mane Six, along with the help of new allies put a stop to this before it is too late?

  • ...
10
 85
 3,314

Chapter 2 - Finding A Scaly Friend

Back on Dreamland, we find Twilight, Tiff, Tuff and Kirby exploring the interior of the castle, on the way to the castle's throne room.


"So this is the throne room, huh?"


Twilight was very intrigued to see what a castle outside of Equestria would be like.


"Yep. We are also in King Dedede's castle. He's the ruler of Dream Land."


Tuff rolled his eyes, as he remembered all the things that their king had done to cause them trouble in the past. The people in Dream Land don't like Dedede very much, if at all.


"But that's not really saying much to be honest. Me and sis also live in this castle too. Though we don't tend to stay in it for very long. It's way more fun to hang around town with everyone else!"


"So are you a princess, Tiff?"


Twilight had the idea that, if there was a king here, and Tiff and Tuff live in this castle, maybe Tiff would be a princess. She knew it was a gamble in her mind, but it felt like it would be the case.


"No, me and my brother just live in the castle with our parents."


Tiff started to think, what life would be like as a princess. Though she quickly stopped when she realised how much pressure would be put on her constantly. Making her completely neglecting the idea entirely, and she started quickly shaking her head.


"Hmm, okay. So what does the king do?"


Twilight asked as she was in a thoughtful position. With her left front hoof, on her chin.


"Ugh he is the worst king you will ever find! He's a real greedy meanie who orders monsters to try and defeat Kirby. But Kirby always beats 'em! Right, Kirby?"


"Poyo!"


Kirby exclaimed in happiness. Kirby loved helping his friends. Especially when it came to saving them from many different monsters.


"How can someone like him, still be a king?"


By the way they have just been describing Dedede, Twilight was incredibly confused. Why would someone like him be allowed to rule a kingdom? Or anything at all?


"I'm surprised nobody's impeached him yet."


Tuff agreed whole heartedly with Twilight's statement. Like many others. He felt that Dedede needed to back down from being the ruler of Dream Land.


"Probably because they know he'll just order another monster."


Tiff thought that much was obvious. Dedede is a incredibly unpredictable king, and nobody really knew what he would do next, but one thing was for certain. He always ordered monsters whenever he felt the need to attack Kirby. Which was pretty frequent.


"This kind of thing would never happen back home. Believe it or not, I used to be just a regu-lar unicorn. But after displaying top magical abilities among any other unicorn, I became an alicorn princess."


"Wow! So you're a princess? That's amazing!"


As much as Tiff declined to the idea of being a princess, she found it exciting to have found, not only a talking pony who was able to perform powerful magic and could fly, but also a princess. However this excitement was short lived, as they walked to where Tuff saw the dragon fall. But it was nowhere to be seen!


"The dragon! It's gone!"


Tuff started checking everywhere around the area. But no trace of the dragon could be found.


"Are you sure this was where you found him?"


"Yeah, I'm sure."


Tuff told Twilight as they started thinking of where the dragon would be at now.


"So where would he be now?"


Twilight started to think of his whereabouts, but Tiff didn't take long to answer that question.


"I think I might have an idea."


In Dedede's throne room, Dedede is inspecting a strange dragon creature that he found inside his castle. And he saw that it was just a baby dragon. Dedede breathed a heavy sigh of relief, knowing that this dragon wouldn't be strong enough to wreck his castle up. He quickly told Escargoon, his snail servant, to come and take a look at the new found creature.


"Escargoon, take a look at this!"


Escargoon started sliding towards Dedede, after telling a couple of Waddle Dees off for doing their job wrong. As soon as the snail left them, the Waddle Dees ran as far away as they could, so they didn't have to get lectured any longer.


"What is it, sire? Did you order another monster?"


"I wish I did. But for some reason, the connection's dead."


"That doesn't explain what this thing is doing here. If it is a monster, maybe it can get Kirby."


"Great idea! Glad I thought of it. EH HEH HEH HEH!"


Escargoon rolled his eyes. It was typical for Dedede to behave like that. But soon after, Waddle Doo, the leader of the Waddle Dees, rushed into the room, trying to alert the king and his servant.


"Your majesty! Urgent news! A purple winged unicorn has been spotted in the castle! And Kirby's with it!"


"Ugh! That pink brat's probably after that tiny monster Dedede found!"


Escargoon said with disgust present in his voice. He may not have as much hatred to the pink puffball as Dedede did. But he still really didn't like Kirby either. And he wasn't in the mood for him or his friends to show up right now.


"We better hide it! And quick!"


The three of them frantically found a place to hide the scaly creature, but to no avail. Tiff, Tuff, Kirby and Twilight barged through the doors. At the last second Dedede remembered that he had a hidden wall he could put him in. He quickly opened the wall before anyone could see, and shoved the dragon into it. Swiftly closing the wall afterwards. The 4 friends ran up to the king, with Tiff being the first to speak up.


"Alright, Dedede! What are you hiding?"


If they were going to get out of this mess, Escargoon thought it would be be a good idea to play it cool.


"Umm. We don't know what you're talking about."


Twilight was eager to ask where her friend was, so she casually walked up to the king, snail, and the giant eye creature.


"Let me handle this. Excuse me, your highness. Have you by any chance seen a baby dragon?"


"AAHH! What are you?"


"Psst! Sire, maybe she knows what that thing we found is! We should play along."


Dedede faced the lavender coated pony, and cleared his throat.


"Well, Miss Horsey, I haven't seen a dragon as you call it all day. We've been working on tryin' to think of how to improve Dream Land."


"Yes! That's right! For instance, we were planning construction for a country club!"


"That's right! Me and the Waddle Dee's have been planning it out for days!"


This caused Escargoon to remember the Waddle Dees he was scolding from earlier. They messed up the map of the country club by accident. However, to make a good impression, he didn't let his anger get the best of him.


As for Twilight. She was very confused at what her new friends said earlier. This king really didn't seem so bad at all.


"Well that sounds lovely."


However Tiff knew that they were onto something, and didn't buy any of what they just said.


"I don't buy it. You're hiding something."


"Yeah! Now where's that dragon?"


Twilight quickly turned her head towards Tiff and Tuff, with a very confused expression on her face.


"I thought you said he was a mean king. He seems pretty nice to me."


"That's a bunch of baloney. Right Kirby? Umm Kirby?"


Tuff began looking around for Kirby, and found him about to reach for a red button on the wall.


"AAAHHHH!"


Dedede and Escargoon screamed in unison.


"Don't touch that!"


Kirby didn't notice any of their cries, and pressed the button out of curiosity. A secret wall opens, and a small dragon is found inside. Dedede began to feel sweat dropping from his forehead. He was very paranoid now!


"Uhhh, I can explain. You see—"


Twilight wasted no time in waiting for the king to respond, and quickly rushed over to her friend.


"Spike!!"


"nnnngh. Twilight? What happened? Where are we?"


Spike was slowly waking up, and his head was really hurting. He could barely remember the last thing that happened.


"Never mind that, Spike. I'm just glad you're okay!"


Waddle Doo simply dashed off, out of the room, with Dedede and Escargoon slowly backing away.


"Well all's back to normal."


"Now if you'll excuse us."


Tiff stopped them from getting away any further.


"And just where do you think you two are going?"


Tuff quickly joined his sister, and started to question what they were planning.


"We want answers! What were you planning on doing with Spike?"


"That's none of your beeswax, kid!"


"Perhaps I can shed light on this situation!"


Meta Knight appears in the room with his usual mask and cape. He is a star warrior much like Kirby. He obeys the king, mainly to see when he will send out a new monster. He also uses it as an advantage to help train Kirby. Making him faster and stronger. Twilight scratched her head with her hoof, not knowing who this masked swordsman was.


"Who's that?"


"It's Meta Knight!"


"He's a Star Warrior like Kirby."


Twilight was, once again, very confused. How could a cute little puffball like Kirby, be a warrior?


"Wait a minute. Kirby's a warrior? He doesn't look like one."


"I'll explain later."


Tiff decided to shrug it off for now. Meta Knight began to tell his side of the story.


"I was training with Sword Knight and Blade Knight when I noticed your dragon friend fell from the sky. A large gem also fell from the sky, but it landed deep in Whispy Woods."


"Maybe it's one of the Elements! Was the large gem a part of a crown?"


"I couldn't tell. But if it's important, I'd suggest you go looking for it."


Kirby, Tiff, Tuff, Twilight and Spike, rushed out of the the throne room to find the mysterious gem that fell down into Whispy Woods. However. Something was expecting them there.....



*TO BE CONTINUED*

Author's Note:

Woo! Okay! Another chapter is complete! Sorry it took so long to do this, but both me and Xavier have had pretty busy weekends. Like Xavier mentioned in a comment, we are sorry if we are late on releasing a chapter, but it will happen sometimes. We hope you understand.