• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 345 Views, 0 Comments

Twisted Minds - Sillyponyme



Alien artifacts should never be messed with.

  • ...
11
 0
 345

Plans

Rainbow Dash and Rarity left leaving only AJ holding onto Fluttershy, all of them still covered in blood. The two mares walked back onto the balcony and began talking. “Rarity, I’m going to admit something that I would never think of admitting in my life, I’m scared and I don’t mean stage fright scared.” Rarity put an understanding hoof on her friends shoulder.

“I too am frightened of whatever is happening. If you weren’t scared, I would be more worried.” The two stood in silence and then looked back at AJ and then over at Celestia who had been pacing and shaking. “I think we scared Princess Celestia.”

“That wasn’t our fault!” Rainbow Dash snapped and then frowned regretfully at seeing Rarity’s slightly hurt expression. “I’m sorry Rarity, I didn’t mean to yell, I’m just so”

“It is all right Rainbow Dash; I do not blame you for snapping. Things are very unwell in Equestria; it all seems to be falling apart.” Once again the two fell silent for a moment before Rarity spoke again. “Do you think that Twilight is alright?”

Rainbow chuckled a bit and smiled. “Twilight is fine I’m sure, she is one bad-”

“Rainbow Dash, please do not continue that word even if it is true.” Rarity smiled a little.

“Sorry Rarity and you’re right; I shouldn’t say things like that true or not. Still, I’m worried for her and possibly more so us. What if that happens again and we can’t snap ourselves out of it or if somepony else can’t. Twilight sure, she is super logical and since this doesn’t make a lot of sense, she could easily brush it off.” Rainbow Dash smiled.

“Either that or she would work at a ridiculous rate to try and figure out a way to find some logic in this. Regardless of what she does, something like this won’t faze her too much.” Rarity looked back at AJ who was still holding onto their friend. “Fluttershy wouldn’t be one to handle this kind of thing, I’m sad to say.”

Rainbow wanted to chew her friend out for being disrespectful to their friend but at the same time, she couldn’t help but agree with her. “She was so weak and fragile, why did this have to happen to her? It’s just not fair.” She let a few tears slip and then dried them before Rarity could see. “That light that came from Ponyville, we have to destroy whatever it was that made the light.”

“I concur, but what if we run into those things that killed Sunset Shimmer?” Rarity asked.

The two thought about it for a moment. Rainbow remembered what Celestia had said about direct magical attacks to the torso, no damage or noticeable damage or effect. Then the song that Pinkie Pie had sung, one line stuck out in her head more then any of the lines. Chop us up and we will die. After a moment of thought, it hit her. “That’s it Rarity, I think I get it.” Rarity looked at Rainbow with curiosity. “Princess Celestia said that her direct attacks to the torso didn’t work.” Rarity nodded. “Pinkie said something about chopping them up.”

At hearing that, Rarity thought she understood what Rainbow Dash was getting at. “Right, so we attack their limbs then?”

“Exactly, we just have to do what she said and chop them up.” The two shivered at the thought. “So all we need is a sword, well I do, you have magic.” Rainbow looked around.

“That is true but I doubt that any attack that I have could possibly do any damage but I can turn my gems into weapons I suppose. I can levitate and throw things at a fair speed.” Rarity picked up a gem from her saddlebag and threw it with her magic. The gem stuck in the wall of the castle, the gem could just barely be seen sticking out of the wall. The gem had gone into the wall about an inch. The gem itself was just barely over an inch long. “I think that would do enough to do some serious damage, what do you think Rainbow Dash?”

“I think you’ve got yourself a nice little weapon there. My only question now is; do we bring AJ along.” Rainbow asked.

“Of course ah’m a comin with ya.” Applejack walked over to them with tear stains on her cheeks and blood stained on her coat. “Ah aint gonna sit back an do nothin.”

“We avenge Fluttershy.” Rainbow raised her hoof into the air.

“We avenge Fluttershy.” The other two raised their hooves into the air to meet with Rainbow’s.

AJ then ran off to speak with Celestia. “I wish we had some kind of special armor to work with because something tells me that the armor that the guards have wont do much.” Rainbow looked out over the balcony toward Ponyville. “We can’t do anything at home.”

“No but we can surely do something here. A long time ago when I taught Twilight how to use my gem finding spell, she taught me a little something as well.” Rainbow looked on in curiosity. “Twilight taught me how to mix the gems, create a new unusual color if I ever needed to. Not only does it work but it allows me to shape the gems into whatever I want. You see, I have to stretch and bend the gems to mix them, so making them change shape is very plausible.”

“So you can make us armor out of gems then?” Rainbow asked.

“I believe it’s possible, yes. I will need a lot of gems however and I don’t have that much with me.” Rarity replied.

“So what, we go to a store and say that Princess Celestia ordered everypony to hoof over their gems?” Rainbow asked not liking the idea of lying or even taking others gems but it was for a good cause, she still didn’t like it though and that meant that Applejack would hate the idea.

“We have to do something, if you have a better idea, I’m all open for ideas and I doubt working for gems will be fast enough.” Rarity looked into the distance and saw something terrifying. Hundreds of, what she could only guess as the things that killed Sunset, made their way toward the Canterlot Castle. “Yes, we don’t have time at all.” Rainbow looked in the direction Rarity was staring in and nodded. “We don’t have a choice.”

“I suppose not, let’s go.” Rainbow and Rarity ran toward Applejack who was holding three sets of armor and three swords. The two looked at each other and shrugged. “This will do for now I guess.” They put on the armor and ran out the castle doors.

Author's Note:

I'm going to be gone for about two weeks starting tomorrow so there will be no updates until i get back.