• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 345 Views, 0 Comments

Twisted Minds - Sillyponyme



Alien artifacts should never be messed with.

  • ...
11
 0
 345

New Orders

Twilight’s mind zoomed around like the Road Runner running from the coyote as she entered into her own mind. This time though, she recognized the place. It was Ponyville but different. Many markers surrounded the area. Boulders and markers took the place of the houses, most of which were boulders. The statue that Celestias’ phoenix fell off of and turned to ash was a marker. Town hall was run down and a marker bigger then the others broke out the top. The streams turned to blood and the sky was blood red. The clouds had turned black which wasn’t completely abnormal. They had probably been the most normal thing around. “Where am I, what happened?”

“Twilight, come with us and make us whole again. All we need is you Twilight, your friends need you.” Pony Fluttershy said from behind the purple human.

“We need you, come with us.” Human Rainbow Dash came from behind Town Hall. The rest came from around boulders or markers. They were all bloody from head to toe.

“What do you want from me? You’re not real.” Twilight raised her Plasma Cutter and fired at the closest to her which happened to be Fluttershy. She sizzled and faded for a moment before continuing her way to Twilight. She continued to fire until she heard a scream and Fluttershy disappeared. One of the markers began to glow but Twilight had to turn to the others and shoot them as well. “Stay away from me, none of you are real.” Without realizing, Fluttershy had reappeared behind Twilight and grabbed onto her. Twilight could feel her body being taken over. She slowly grabbed onto her crown and put it on for reasons she wasn’t sure of. Fluttershy screamed and let go, Twilight fell to her knees gasping for air.

“How dare you!” Fluttershy yelled.

“You’re not my friends; my friends would never attack me. I don’t know what you are but I do know that no matter where I am, my friends will always have my back.” Twilight reloaded the Plasma Cutter and fired at each of them making them disappear. Little shadows with tendrils came from the clouds and attacked. Twilight could feel another button below the trigger her finger was now on and pulled it. Unsure of what would happen, she held the trigger down. Bullet after bullet flew from the gun and killed each attacker one by one.

Twilight soon found herself having to reload and switched triggers. Each attacker went down with one shot of her weapon. Once she found herself having to once again reload, she ran away as she reloaded. One jumped at her and she punched it out of the air breaking it apart. She was low on ammo now, only five shots left total. She killed five more before punching and kicking. By the time they were all dead; her health was in low red. Twilight then zoomed back out of her mind, she was dizzy. She fell on her rear and leaned up against a rock.

A Slasher jumped at Twilight but something hit it and knocked it to the ground. She looked in Azaliahs’ direction and found her turned around with a Necromorph on her. Another bullet hit the Slasher and then another and another until it died. She looked around and then finally up toward the hole. A light shone down into the dark cave and the flash of a gun being fired was seen. Who ever was doing that had great eyesight.

The marker near them began glowing red and it shook. The entire underground shook with it and soon the rock surrounding the marker broke free. The marker shot up toward the hole like a rocket. Azaliah watched as the marker flew off. “I’m pretty sure that’s new.”

“What happened?” Twilight asked looking around and watched as the last of the Necromorphs fell.

“What is wrong with you, I should have just left you.” Azaliah helped Twilight up. “ Unfortunately I need you to help us get out of here.”

“Glad to see where your priorities are.” Twilight stood and wobbled before regaining her balance. “So how do we get out?”

“The same way we came in.” The two made their way back up the pathway. “Give me your guns, you have no need for them if they’re empty.” Twilight couldn’t argue and handed over the weapons.

“How long have we been down here?” Twilight asked

“Let’s just say that you have until tonight to get through the portal.” Azaliah couldn’t wait for Twilight to leave.

“We’ve been down here for a full day or more?” Twilight asked shocked.

“Yeah, no thanks to you.” Twilight wasn’t about to ask what she had meant by that. The two were already at wits end with each other. The rest of the way was in silence until they came to the area that they had jumped down to. Azaliah pulled out a grappling hook and threw it up and pulled hoping that it would snag and it did. She began to climb with Twilight right behind her. As soon as they reached the top, the sounds of Necromorphs filled the hole they were in.

They ran until they reached the hole that they had fallen through and Azaliah used the grappling hook once again and began to climb. Twilight followed after but Azaliah wasn’t happy. “You know what, let’s give them something to distract themselves with.” Twilight was about to ask what they could use when Azaliah kicked her in the face and sent her flying toward the ground. “Sorry but I have people to protect, you’ll only slow me down.”

Twilight groaned and stood up off the ground. She could feel blood running from her nose. She looked up toward Azaliah and screamed at her. “You’re no hero, you’re a coward!” Twilight turned around to see Slashers and other Necromorphs behind her. She backed up against the wall.

Azaliah emerged from the hole and got grabbed by the arm and pulled out as a man she couldn’t see clearly hooked his grapple to the side of the cliff and jumped down into the hole. Azaliah was then pushed to her knees and and kept her there. “What are you doing, I’m in charge here, let me go.”

“Sorry Miss Clarke, but we have new orders.” One of the guards said.

“Who thinks they can take over my position?” Azaliah asked as the man came from the hole with Twilight in his arms. “Who do you think you are?” The man took off his mask. “F-f-father, b-but-y-your dead.” Azaliah said shocked.

“I thought I was, but that can be explained later. How dare you treat people the way you have. I’ve taken my place back and you are grounded young lady. I was worried that you would be too young for this job.” Isaiah Clarke stood tall, his muscles shown clearly through his uniform. He stood three feet above Twilight.

“I take it that since everyone can see you, you’re not a hallucination?” Twilight asked, not that she would get an honest answer from a hallucination.

“No, I’m not and I’m sorry for my daughter. I’ve been able to keep an eye on her through the rig in her suit. I must say that I’m disappointed with her. You’ve been strong Twilight, I’m impressed. There is someone that wishes to see you.” Isaiah wasted no more time talking and moved aside to reveal human Fluttershy.

“Fluttershy, how are you?” Twilight ran over and gave her human friend a hug. “Where are the others?”

“You don’t know?” Fluttershy looked away sadly.

“Know what?” Twilight looked at her friend worriedly.

“I thought it was strange Twilight. We were at Rainbows house when it happened. They came from everywhere and the others charged in. They fought hard but they were ripped apart and I was almost the same way until many of the guards came and saved me with Azailiah leading the charge. That was when I lost my eye and so on. You were never with our friends Twilight.” Fluttershy explained.

“That can’t be true, they came with me, Pinkie Pie she came with me, they” Twilight looked back on it and remembered everyone giving her weird looks. No one talked or even recognized her friends. “It can’t be…they…Pinkie…dead?” Twilight tried to register it all.

“I’m the only one left from my world Twilight.” Fluttershy put a hand on Twilights shoulder.

“You need to go Twilight and so does Azaliah. You two will go into your world and fight off the invasion in your world. Somehow the marker you went after flew through the portal. It doesn’t make much sense to me how but the fact of the matter is, it doesn’t matter. You both need to go and stop this in your world, I can handle things here.” Isaiah handed Twilight some guns and ammo. Azaliah reluctantly nodded and followed Twilight away. “Oh and Azaliah, listen to Twilight, she is in charge since she is the far more mature one. She has in her what I had hoped you would have had.” Azaliah grumbled in frustration but nodded anyway. Isaiah turned to the soldiers. “Search everywhere and kill them all. Be careful and protect each other.”

“Yes Sir.” The group of ten soldiers saluted him and then ran off.

Isaiah turned in the direction that his daughter and Twilight left and sighed. “Good Luck to the both of you.” He then ran to catch up with his men.