• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 345 Views, 0 Comments

Twisted Minds - Sillyponyme



Alien artifacts should never be messed with.

  • ...
11
 0
 345

Screw Patients, Hurry

Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack made their way out of the castle and toward the store most likely to have the most gems. It of course was the most expensive clothes store around. The problem was that it was a mile or two away and the Necromorphs moved quickly. “Can’t we be all sneaky like about this?” Applejack asked as they ran through the streets trying to reach the store before the creatures arrived. “Ah realize it would be best to get there before these demons arrive but ah don’t see that happenen. Aint it best to save our energy?”

The other two weren’t sure how to answer that other then to keep moving. They soon reached the clothes store and ran in tired and out of breath. What they saw was unbelievable, bodies of other ponies lay scattered across the floor as well as body parts spread throughout. “I don’t understand, they aren’t here yet.” Rarity said in awe and horror while AJ went over to a trashcan and threw up in it. Rainbow Dash went immediately to work boarding up the doors and anything that could be used as an entrance.

Rarity snapped out of her shock and searched through the cash registers, drawers and anywhere else that gems could be found. AJ after releasing what was in her stomach, helped Rainbow Dash with boarding up windows and so on. “Rainbow Dash, don’tcha think that we should have gone to a bank for this kind of thing?”

“I’d ask Rarity, gems are her thing and all.” The two friends continued putting boards up. After a few minutes Rarity finally found enough gems to work with, unfortunately they were running out of time. A Slasher banged up against one of the windows as Rainbow Dash was putting a board up. She fell backward from the shock but quickly recovered and finished boarding up the window. “Rarity, I don’t mean to rush talent but could you hurry up a bit. Whatever these things are, they are here.”

“Please Rainbow Dash, I’m working as fast as my magic will let me.” Rarity fused gem after gem together, working around a manikin so as to get the shape right. She had to be careful as to not destroy the manikin while working, it would only prove that the armor wouldn’t fit. The gems fused slowly as she worked as fast as possible. An awful noise was heard coming from a door near the back of the store. She began working slightly faster but working this fast was a risk. “Rainbow, could you please block the door in the back.”

“Sorry Rarity, kind of busy keeping the front blocked.” Rainbow pushed against the door as she tried keeping the Necromorphs out of the store.

“Ah can do it Rarity.” Applejack ran to the back of the store and leaned up against the door. The door shook violently and the hinges began to bend. The door cracked as whatever was on the other side pushed against it. Little by little the door cracked and the hinges bent. “At this rate, the hinges will break before the door does.” Soon the top hinge broke and the top of the door bent forward and snapped leaving a hole at the top of the door. The hole was just big enough for a young filly or colt to fit through. “Rarity, can ya hurry it up?” AJ asked as the rest of the door broke and sent Applejack to the ground. A lurker jumped on her but AJ fought back.

Rainbow saw this as a blade came through the wood that blocked the window. The decision she made was fast. She left the window, flew over to the Lurker on AJ, kicked it off and then stomped on it repeatedly. “Don’t be messin with my friends.” The wood near the front then shattered into multiple pieces and a Slasher came into the room. “Aim for the limbs.” The two raised their swords and got ready to attack. “We’re running out of time Rarity, could you hurry it up? The armor we’ve got right now isn’t worth much against these things.” Rainbow Dash looked at Applejacks armor and found it punctured in spots.

“I’m sorry, I can only work so fast Rainbow Dash.” Rarity said irritated but not due to being pushed to hurry, no, that was to be expected. The real problem was the reason for being pushed and that their possible safety was on her shoulders. She was truly scared for her friends, if they died because she couldn’t finish in time, she didn’t want to think about it. She wished now that she had Twilights’ ability for magic. She could work faster if she knew magic that well.

Rarity began sweating as the third set of armor was coming to an end. After a few more seconds, she finished the armor and then cast a spell on them. After that was done, she threw the armor at her two friends and then proceeded to put hers on.

The gem armor hit the two ponies and surrounded them as a blade from a Slasher hit her. “Nice work Rarity but this isn’t as cool as I would have liked.” Rainbow said as she cut the arms off the creature.

“Yes well, do you want cool or safety?” It was true that the colors of the armor weren’t what she would have liked either but there was no time for being picky when your life and the life of your friends were on the line. Rarity went to the back door and yelled to the others to hurry. Rarity was in a dark blue Armor, Rainbow Dash was in black armor and Applejack, to her dismay was covered in pink armor.

Rainbow and AJ knocked back the two Necromorphs they were fighting with and then booked it to the back door. The three ran as fast as they could away from the store and dodged as many of the Necromorphs as possible. They were making their way back to the castle when they ran into somepony. The four fell to the ground. “Hey, watch it!”

“Twilight?” Rarity and the other two said in shock and in unison.