• Published 11th Jul 2014
  • 345 Views, 0 Comments

Twisted Minds - Sillyponyme



Alien artifacts should never be messed with.

  • ...
11
 0
 345

The Hole

By the time the next day came around, Azaliah had gathered a group of workers to fill in the hole, granted that not all were one type of worker. Some worked in cubicles, schools, restaurants and so on. It was made up of strong able bodied people. “With the collapse of the school, it will be incredibly important that none of you leave your assigned partners. The area is very unstable, slipping through will be very easy to do. I want each group of eight to stay close to each other. If someone happens to fall through, the others will be there to catch you and pull you up. This is also why we have attached mountain climbing equipment to you as an extra precaution.” Azaliah looked around in the fog with her headlight on. The fog was as thick as a stick of butter, completely impossible to see through. Light was absolutely necessary. “Keep your lights on, if you run out of battery, yell for more. I don’t want a light to disappear and not hear anything. If that happens, I will call everyone back and end work today. If I hear that anyone goes their own way, I will personally find you and kick you off the team. Have I made myself clear?” She received a collective yes from everyone. “Good, get to work and be safe.”

A party of eight people head out toward the middle of the collapse, standing in a line that spread from the center of the hole to the top. One of the men stood in the center of the collapse while the others spread apart and handed bag after bag of dirt to each other. “Shining Armor, I can’t believe that your wife or your sister for that matter allowed you to come out and help with this.” A blue man with darker blue hair said passing down a bag of dirt.

“Twilight wasn’t happy with me going but I told her that I needed to. Azaliah needed all the help she could get from those that can help. Besides, if there is something so dangerous down there, I don’t want whatever it is attacking my family.” Shining passed the bag down to a yellow woman with fiery hair.

“I say that’s more then enough reason to do this.” Spitfire passed down the bag to the person below her. “Be glad that this will take all day, I have to say, I really needed the break.” Bag after bag kept getting passed to the person in the center.

“To be honest, I was in charge of this school along with Cadance, sort of. This is really freaking her out.” Shining huffed as he passed the next bag down. “I can’t say that I’m happy about being here either. My family is worried sick.” Shining passed down another bag.

“So how deep is this hole again?” Soarin asked as he passed another bag down the line.

“She said it was pretty deep, chances are it will take a few days to get this filled up. It may even take weeks.” Spitfire shivered as a cold wind blew by.

“You want my jacket Spitfire?” She nodded and Shining gladly passed his jacket over. At that point a light went out. The owner of the light yelled out for another and a few men came by with some batteries. “How do you suppose she got this all together so fast?”

“Azaliah works with the army, how do you think?” Spitfire said as another light went out in her group. “How many lights are going-” There was a scream for help and the person closest to the person in trouble grabbed onto him. “He must have fallen through the ground, the very thin ground.” Spitfire grabbed another bag when another scream was heard.

“What’s going on down there? Get him up!” A cop screamed out.

“I’m trying, he’s stuck!” One of the workers yelled up.

The worker in the ground felt a strong pain in his legs and screamed bloody murder into the air. Tears streamed down his face that froze his cheeks as the wind blew, the man fainted.

Azaliah immediately pulled out her gun and slid down toward the center where the screams had come from. “Everyone move out now!” She yelled as she made her way down into the center. Another scream was heard below and the entire line slipped as the person let go. The injured man was now halfway in the hole. Azaliah made it to where the hole and man were. She aimed down into the hole with her gun and light. The only sight were two red eyes. She fired off shots all over inside the hole. “Pull him up!” She reached down with one hand and began pulling up on the rope. More red eyes were seen coming closer.

Azaliah fired shot after shot into the hole; all that could be heard were painful screeches. “Get him up!” She reloaded as the man was pulled up and dragged away.

Shining, Spitfire, and Soarin were already at the top helping to pull the others up. Once the last man was up, Shining and the other two looked in horror. The mans legs had been cut off from hip down. They didn’t need to be able to see to know that there was a blood trail leading up from where the hole was. “What happened?”

Azaliah made it back up top and turned to the general. “We nuke the hole.”

Shining had heard this and said what everyone else was thinking. “What; nuke the hole?”

“Do you really want what’s down there to come up?” Shining shrunk away, despite being an officer, Azaliah scared him. “I thought so; I only hope that nothing else has had time to come up yet.”


Sunset Shimmer grabbed a flashlight and made her way outside and toward the portal. Her friends had voted against her leaving in such thick fog but she had to. The portal only lasted so long and there were precious minutes that just couldn’t be wasted. “Twilight must know.” Sunset wasn’t too far from the statue now. It had begun to rain and horrific noises could be heard all around her. She could only assume that whatever made the noise, it wasn’t friendly and it came from the mine Axel was working in. She ran as fast as her legs would take her. The closer she got to the portal, the more noises she heard.

The statue was within a hundred feet now, Sunset sped up. As she closed in on the portal something sharp hit her arm cutting it and made her bleed. She screamed out in pain and flipped around but nothing was there. Another sharp object hit her arm and stuck in her. Sunset screamed in pain and booked it toward the portal. Another hit her leg and made her trip. All she could do now was crawl as another hit her back. Tears flowed from her eyes. She was in arms reach of the portal when another hit her foot. Lucky for her it was just her shoe but she couldn’t continue forward. She painfully freed her foot as another object hit the ground next to her. Before anything else could hit her, she crawled through the portal.

On the other side Rainbow Dash had followed a trail of fog to the mirror. Just as Rainbow was ready to leave, Sunset Shimmer came through, collapsed on the ground bloody and out cold. “What’s going on?”