• ...
5
 122
 4,732

Chapter 6

“My sister and Beth aren’t here!” called Apple Bloom. She’d just opened the apartment door and taken a quick look inside.

“Maybe they’re still out looking for us,” suggested Sweetie Belle.

“Or maybe they’re lost!” added Scootaloo.

The three fillies looked at each other. Thunder rumbled in the background.

“The taxi’s still outside…” said Sweetie Belle.

“But what if we leave here and they come back?” questioned Apple Bloom.

“We can leave a note,” pointed out Scootaloo.

Each of them stared at the others. It was time to make a tough decision.

“Ah don’t believe this,” muttered Applejack.

“What, the fact that the street’s blocked, or the fact that it was caused by donut truck losing control in the rain and running into a coffee shop?” asked Beth.

“Either one,” said the pony. “This is the last thing we needed.” They picked their way around the assembled emergency vehicles and headed for a cross street to go around the accident.

“I think my pen’s bleeding,” said the woman. The rain had been coming down steadily for a while now.

“Does it show on that camo uniform?” asked Applejack. Her hat was sopping wet and her mane hung limply, dripping water.

“I guess not.” Beth took the offending writing instrument out of her pocket and dropped it down a gutter.

“My sister and her friends may lack common sense,” said Applejack, “but I’m sure they managed to get themselves safe and dry somewhere.”

“If they’re the ones who lack common sense, then what are we?” Beth laughed.

Applejack chuckled. “Soaked, that’s what.”

A few minutes passed.

“Do you think we should go to the police?”

“Ah don’t know. Ah don’t want to make a fuss, but Ah’m worried sick. We probably should.”

The two of them navigated around the road closure and returned to Applejack’s place a short while later. The mare hoped with every bone in her body that the fillies would be waiting there.

The door clicked open to reveal a darkened apartment. “Have they been here?” asked Beth.

The pony and the human ventured past the threshold, dripping water on the carpeted floor. Neither one of them cared.

There was a note lying on the kitchen counter.

AJ and Beth – We’re OK.

“That’s it?” shouted Applejack. “Ah’m gonna—”

“Surprise!” cried three young voices. The lights flicked on. The mare and the Marine looked stunned.

“What in tarnation—” began Applejack.

“Donuts?” asked Beth, spotting the box the fillies had carried in.

“A whole dozen!” confirmed Sweetie Belle. “These are for dessert, though.”

“Why don’t you two get dried off while we heat up supper?” said Apple Bloom.

“And try not to make a mess of the carpet,” added Scootaloo.

“What just happened?” muttered Applejack as she and Beth headed for the linen closet to get towels.

Beth shook her head. “I’m lost.”

Comments ( 29 )

Aww it's over? :applecry::unsuresweetie:
But I wanted more CMC antics!

There no conflict in this story....:facehoof:

Actually, that was a good ending.

511950
He's right, though. There wasn't enough conflict to make a proper story. This is kind of step back from my usual gunfights-and-car-chases stuff.

511958
Well a step-back relaxation story isn't bad. I thought it was still good for a rambling around story.

I'm still shipping AJ with Beth, because I'm bored.

512336
I can't guarante that I would read that story, but I have no problem with you writing and posting it.

I'm still going with Beth is a secret communist spy...

511958

A story doesn't NEED conflict to be good.

I, personally, liked it. Honestly? I found it rather adorable and humorous, and it shows that the CMC aren't as crazy-go-nuts as they USED to be, while showing they're still learning.:scootangel:

Bethxapplejack, I bet a story about that would be good I'ld definately read it. Especially since it would have a conflict about not only how others would feel about it but how they would too. ~<3

NC Coast reporting. Best place in the world. :raritywink:

I wish the CMC luck. I lived in Charlotte, NC for 8 years. The second I got the chance, I was enthralled to go back to Virginia Beach.

1064968
Like Virginia Beach? It will be a major setting for an upcoming story. You should see it in about a month.

1099901 There is not a single emoticon in the entire world that describes just how stoked that makes me.

First chapter not bad, second was ok, on the third I sorta lost interest, bad paragraph structure and to much talk of donuts.:derpytongue2:

Nice story, with just one problem:

It's the CMC. On a military base. Why hasn't a war started yet? :scootangel:

it just happens that i live in Norht carolina :moustache:

440170 That is totally biased.:twilightangry2:

As a resident of Cary, North Carolina, I have just one thing to say: Where has this story been all my time on this site!? :raritystarry:

5603791
Amen To that sister

5603791
As a resident of Burlington, North Carolina, I agree.

4317345
Have you ever visited a certain battleship that’s near by?

527504
Actually the Carolina's divided some time in the 1700s

I was following the story up to the point where the CMCs get lost. That's where you lost me.
The minute they (or anyone else for that matter) started looking even slightly confused in a public location any southerner worth their sweet tea would have waltzed over and politely asked "You need help, honey?":twilightsmile:

Also, "D-u-n-k-i-n D-o-n-u-t-s" that's an odd way of spelling Krispy Kremes.:rainbowhuh:
But in all seriousness, you missed the perfect scene.

Three sets of eyes watched in rapt fascination as row after row of donuts passed by the glass viewing pane, underneath a waterfall of glaze and into the waiting boxes for hungry customers.
"I have died and gone to heaven," said Scootaloo, drooling.
"It's a good thing Pinkie's not here," added Applebloom, eyeing the endless stream of frosting, "She'd probably try convincing them to put her on the belt."
"Give me a full-body glaze," said Sweetie Belle in a monotone imitation of Pinkie's high-pitched voice, though her gaze remained locked on the sight like the sugar addicts they all were.
Beth stood there watched the awestruck crusaders with a humorous smile on her lips until she decided to cut in.
"Would you like to get some?"
Like something out a horror movie, three heads swiveled slowly in her direction and three sets of eyes fixated on the hapless marine.
"I'll take that as a 'yes'."

10240066
I know, you would think the south would definitely have a preferred donut. However...
https://www.google.com/maps/search/dunkin'+donuts/@34.6390057,-77.4279134,11.25z

10240136
I see What you did there. You used logic, sense and google.:trixieshiftright:
However, in the words of the immortal Discord (literally)
"What fun is there in making sense?":derpytongue2:

Login or register to comment