• Published 1st Mar 2014
  • 2,886 Views, 24 Comments

Why do I have scales? - Unicornluv4



Guy dresses up for an Expo, buys cool bracelets that fit his costume to a T and suddenly he's sweating molten metal at will and to top it all off he's in Equestria. This here's pony country and they don't like trouble makers.

  • ...
7
 24
 2,886

Pieces to a Puzzle

Why do I have scales?
Pieces to a Puzzle

Deep beneath the derelict windmill that sat at the edge of the Everfree forest, in a cavern that appears to have been created by artificial means stood a creature unlike any Equestria had seen before. It looked almost Minotaur in nature; standing on its two hind legs, a torso with two forelegs that ended in weird tentacle-esque appendages, its body without a coat and on its head a small mop of greasy slicked back black hair and a pair of black rimmed glasses.

This creature was a human, and though human beings were once considered nought but myth on Equus this was no ordinary human. He was Dr. Franklin J. Devious and he had just finished putting the final touches on his latest creation. Stepping back from the tarp covering his masterpiece Dr. Devious wiped the sweat from his brow and adjusted his glasses, the light from the overhead lighting catching them at just the right angle to hide his eyes. Other than taking a short break to ponder on those tremors earlier nothing had stopped the doctor from creating his greatest invention yet, pieces of metal and the occasional gear could be seen through the gaps in the tarp towering over the man.

“With this not even the Princesses can stop me!” bellowed the grease covered, lab coated man with a grin. “That’s what you said about the Amazon Army, Doc.” Quipped a voice from behind. “Hmm?” murmured the doctor turning to see who had questioned his undeniable brilliance, there behind him stood a griffon, female with a light purple hue at the tips of her feathers and around her eyes. “Ah, Gilda my marvellous assistant!” recognised Dr. Devious with a smile which quickly turned into a frown.

“Actually it was Unageing Amazon Army and they were meant to stop the ageing process at the physical appearance of twenty five years of age, not eight!” replied the doctor while shuddering at the memory of having to deal with over two hundred, super strong little girls.

“So what’re we going to do today Doc?” Asked Gilda, ignoring Dr. Devious as she filed her talons. “The same thing we do everyday Gilda.” Began the doctor, turning to face his griffon assistant. “Try to take over the world!”


Elsewhere:

“Puh- P-please, I don’t know what’s going on!” sobbed a green-haired women, trembling arm held out to shield herself. Standing a few feet in front of her lay an oddly dressed man; black suit, dress shoes, tie and white shirt. What made the man odd though was the fact that his entire head was covered in a white cloth mask with a disturbing eye painted on in black. “I just want to go home.” She snivelled.

“...” Silence was all the women got in return, the odd man just staring at her as she lay in the dirt trembling. Off to the side of the pair, leaning against one of the many trees surrounding them was another woman looking bored with the whole situation.

“Please, please, please, please.” Chanted the scared women over and over, tears running from her eyes. Suddenly she felt an invisible pressure smash down on her, its weight crushing and unbearable. The women felt her bones groan under the pressure as she was forced face first into the dirt underneath her, the pain mounting as cracks began forming in the ground around her and most likely in her bones as well. “PLEASE!” shrieked the green-haired woman before being silenced with a booming crack as the ground where she lay cratered and sunk. Her life blood seeping into the cracks beneath her.

A rasping sigh left the odd mans covered lips as he reached for the cigarettes in his coat pocket, lighting one and placing it where his mouth would be under the mask as the bored woman skipped over to the crater. “Und now vhat, Herr Paradise?” chirped the woman with an amused look, a long rifle tucked between her elbows and lower back.

“Now Miss van Winkle, we find the rest.” Answered the man, his voice rough and raspy as cigarette smoke seeped from the pores in his cloth mask. Turning his back on Miss van Winkle the odd man, Paradise being his “name” began his trek to the forest exit.

“Vant to play ze game?” asked Rip van Winkle as she caught up to her partner slash boss.

“There are no games in protecting utopia Miss van Winkle.”


Outside of Ponyville:

Standing atop one of the higher hills that surrounded Ponyville Meryl could see the Everfree Forest and all the paths that led from there, from her view point the witch could see the regiment of Royal Guards preparing to enter the forest from the Ponyville entrance, the two figures leaving the forest at the opposite side; one smoking and the other skipping for whatever reason, and the old derelict windmill at the side border to the forest that suspiciously still turned even though in disrepair.

“Five total.” Muttered the witch, her face as blank as slate. Her magic sensing energy similar to her own throughout the area. Turning away from the Everfree Meryl focused her gaze on the Library tree in Ponyville. “Is this really the Era of Humanity that the son of necessity preached of?” whispered the witch, her eyes never leaving the library.

Author's Note:

This chapter's just to introduce some characters and show what's happening while Forge Scale's unconscious after meeting Meryl.
In case you're wondering this is Paradise

Comments ( 5 )

Great little installment. Is the next one coming sooner or naw?

4227404 I'm already working on the next chapter and it'll be up when it's ready. thanks, I'm glad you liked it.

I'm lost. I started to read this so I could incorporate it in my party crossover, but I'm completely lost

This is awesome when will the next chapter be up

Meeeeeeeeh, was gonna wait till you hit 10k, but I can't wait anymore. The description just sounds too good!

Login or register to comment