• Published 18th Feb 2014
  • 817 Views, 60 Comments

Bottleneck - MegatronsPen



Mistakes are often. It is only normal to make mistakes, and only normal to want to overcome them. But what happens when the damage is something beyond repair? Is there redemption? Or is there nothing but emptiness for a certain fallen DJ?

  • ...
10
 60
 817
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 7 )

4095876 I know almost all of my stories needs to be put through several revised versions, because I am not a writer by trade nor by hobby. I haven't written anything in my life close to this long or plot-worthy and I am definitely not grammatically correct most of the time. (All of the time.)

Don't take this in a way as if I am swatting down your very sound advice, as it would be immensely stupid of me to do so, because I have been told once or twice also by some friends who I know personally that also live in my area the very exact same thing. And I agree entirely with them and you. But I simply do not have time at present to go out hunting/scouring the groups, joining them, PMing, writing desperate pleas of aid in their forums, replying and/or collaborating with them on a frequent basis, due to my retarded amount of work hours, being a father, and other such in real life nonsensical bullshit I'd rather not talk about, that literally leaves me with one full hour to do anything I want to do on one miserable day off a week.

I really, REALLY want to do a revised edit of all of my chapters in all of my stories, and I really want to have several editors at my beck and call to really iron out the creases and attain that nigh on achievement of 'perfection,' but if I tried doing that now with the zero time I have on my hands, the chapter output on my two active stories would be one... a month.

I know frequency of posting and quantity is not quality, but that is all I can do for the moment. Which sucks balls.

To put things into perspective, it took me almost an hour and a half to write this, while balancing a 6 month old and housework. :facehoof: Gotta love being a Daddy. Which is a piss poor excuse, but its the truth. :twilightblush:

4097069 Now that you mention it, I don't think the prologue was ever proof-read or edited by the editor... Gonna run that by him. I'll work on the prologue's roughness, for sure. :pinkiecrazy:

4096535 Yeah, I can understand that haha. Well if you'd like, I can do editing. I'm down to two friggin' shifts each week at work until I find a new job, so I have entirely too much spare time. I work quickly, too, and of the people I've helped in the past... Well, now that I think about it, one was Russian and vanished without warning and the other decided to quit writing pony stuff right as he was getting pretty well-known, so I guess I can't actually provide much by way of references.

Really wish SmutAnon had at least left his stories up on here so I could point to the author's note as proof of service, but oh well.

Not going to lie, I did the editing on this chapter and was the main reason for the delay. My internet service provider has been really hard to deal with lately, at least one outage a day for the last month, and work has been killing me lately. My editing was not the best this time either, so I'm sure I missed quite a bit. Oh and my nephew was over all week due to spring break. :pinkiecrazy:

4098260 Paragraph 8 from the bottom, now with 50% less italics! Brought to you by me. :twilightblush:

I really hope you bring this back soon. This story has such good potential! I don't want to see cancelled on this.

Comment posted by MegatronsPen deleted Jan 8th, 2015
Login or register to comment