• Published 8th Feb 2014
  • 4,466 Views, 83 Comments

My Little Pony: A Resounding Boom! - steel soul



Many worlds exist within our fragile universe. Some with just small differences and others completely new. This is but one of many tales of a certain blue hedgehog's journey as he comes across a world unlike his own.

  • ...
19
 83
 4,466

The Ticket Master Part One

Twilight blushed as a flower was presented to her on top of her balcony, overlooking Ponyville. Her gaze traced the length of the arm that held the flower, noting the clean and pressed white tuxedo the one in front of her wore. Her violent eyes trailed up his body until she met the black mask covering his eyes, giving him an oh-so-mysterious feel. Upon his spikey blue head was a simple small top hat, hanging just to the left of his head at an odd but cute angle. She sated her gaze to his lips soon after. Oh dear Celestia how she wished how those lips would feel against her own.

“Is there something wrong princess?” She heard him ask, his voice as calm and a cool as he was blue. She paused in her thought process before looking down, finding herself in an elegant pink dress with enduring frills worthy of a princess on the hems of it. She blushed brightly before using her macig to pluck the rose from the mysterious beings fingers.

“I told you Mysterious Quickster,” She began after sniffing the tulip.” When it’s just us call me Twilight, ok?” The Mysterious Quickster smiled lightly before leaping on the other side of the balcony, allowing his purple and green dragon to fly off into the night. Twilight watched the dragon disappeared to the moon before becoming tense as the Quickster’s hand moved a loose strand of her mane from her face.

“Twilight…” She blushed deeply, the sound of his voice uttering her name in such an enduring way made the mare shudder with excitement It only heightened her blush when she felt his hand stroke her cheek softly. Before she could nuzzle into it however he pulled away, his gaze shifting down as she gave him a questioning look.

“Mysterious Quickster,” She spoke in a worried tone. “Is something the matter?”

His masked gaze met her own before he spoke, “Come tomorrow, I must go to the Badlands to bring down every evil creature there is so that peace can be realized throughout the land.”

“The Badlands?!” Twilight gasped as she covered her hooves with her mouth. “How dangerous!”

He nodded grimly yet elegantly. “Yes…It is. I many not come back alive…”

“NO!” Twilight flung herself towards the Mysterious Quickster, wrapping her forelegs around him. “I don’t want to lose you! You make me feel…feel…weird. I can’t explain it. I just…” She pulled him closer as he did her.

"I know what you mean Twilight..." He said patting her head gently. "I have to go. I am a super hero after all."

Twilight looked up at him with tearstained eyes filled with a strange feeling. "Quickster...

The Quickster gave her the same look, smiling kindly towards her. "Twilight..."

She moved closer, not know what she was doing but doing so anyway. "Quickster...

He moved as well, his eyes becoming half opened as he did. "Twilight..."

She puffed her lips out slightly before closing her eyes. "Quickster..."

"TWILIGHT!"

“Huh?” She opened her eyes to see the Quickster replaced by Spike.

“Twilight wake up!”

“WAAAHH!!”

~

Twilight flailed as she fell backwards from her stool, landing on her back as she did so. With a heavy groan she opened her eyes just in time to see the purple and green dragon make his way to her side with a smug grin upon his face.

“Heh, you ok Twilight?” He asked in an amused tone, his arms folding about his chest.

Twilight shot a glare towards him with as much strength as her tired body would allow, which she found out, was very little. When his amused expression didn’t change she just opted to make her eyes roll before slowly moving to get back on her hooves. “Ugh…I’m fine Spike.” She finally said, sitting on her hunches. She shook the rest of her disorientation from her mind before turning to face the baby dragon. “What time is it?”

Spike motioned towards the door. “Morning,” Then he motioned towards the door. “And I just got done with making lunch. Better hurry too. Eggman isn’t the most patient pony...ah…thing…whatever he is.”

Twilight nodded before making her way into the bathroom. “I’ll be right down, make sure to save me a plate.” With a “Yes sir” Spike ran out Twilight’s room, the lavender unicorn instinly groaning when his reply registered. She picked up her tooth with a glow of her magic, coating it with a bit of toothpaste soon after. Just as she started to brush her Spike’s head popped up into view causeing her to jump back and yelp.

“Oh yeah! Before I forget, this came for you today.” He said, produceing a scroll from behind his back. Twilight’s eyes widened before quickly undoing Celestia’s seal and unrolling the parchment, reading the contents therein.

~

Hear ye, Hear ye,

Her grand royal highness, Princess Celestia of Equestria, is pleased to announce the Grand Galloping Gala, to be held in the most beautiful city of Canterlot on the Twenty first day of…

~

She quickly mumbled the last few parts before stopping and dropping the paper, her eyes widening by degrees. When she didn’t respond to Spike’s calls, the drake picked up the paper, giving it a once over before gasping himself. “Whoa! Twilight! You’re invited to the Grand Galloping Gala!” He called out, holding out the two attached tickets up for the lavender unicorn to see.

“…She…She wants me to…bring…a…date…” She said before falling over in a faint, her toothbrush in her mouth.

Spike peered from behind the paper, raising an eyebrow towards the fallen mare. “Ah, Twilight? You ok? Twilight?”

~

My Little Pony: A Resounding Boom
The Ticket master
Aka So you wanna ask a pony on a date…

~

The sun was shining brightly upon the apple orchard named Sweet Apple Acers, home and lively hood of the recently made Element of Honesty, Applejack. It is here, on the beaten dirt path leading to a big red barn that we find the orange mare guiding a familiar blue hedgehog towards her storehouse, both carrying bushels of apples as they did. Applejack bucked her hips, causing the load she was carrying to rise into the air and fall back into her saddlebags she wore before speaking over her shoulder.

“Woo-wee! Thanks for all the help Sonic.” The farm mare congratulated, giving the hedgehog her brightest smile.

In return the hedgehog gave her his own cheeky grin. “Not a problem AJ. It the least I can do for you. I mean I did kinda ruin your first patch when you knocked me out of the tree not too long ago.”

A pink tint began to form on the mares cheeks as she looked away from the hedgehog. “Oh! Well Ah’m mighty sorry about that Sugarcube, but to be fair, Ah didn’t know y’all were in there ta begin with.” She looked back towards him again. “Eating ma apples no less.”

Sonic snickered before moving beside her. “You got me there AJ. Besides picking those apples was nothing to someone like me.” He said, boasting a bit. “I did it faster then you could blink.

Applejack smirked as she closed her eyes and held her head up. “Well if this is nothing then, y’all have ta work till it’s something.”

The blue hedgehog gave her his cheesiest smile. “Touché my hat wearing friend.” He mused to which he received a hearty chortle from the farm mare. Sonic joined her in the laugh before adding. “You’re almost as fast as me when it comes to wit.”

“Y’all hang around Rainbow long enough and you have no choice but to be quick on you hooves as well as your words.” The farm mare stated with a wink.

“Don’t doubt it in the least.” Sonic agreed. “Still, she’s a pretty cool girl. Fast too.”

“Yeah, our Rainbow is a quick one she is.” Applejack nodded. The farm mare pushed the barn door open for Sonic, the hedgehog giving her a smile and a nod before entering. She followed suit slipping the bags of apples from off of her back. “Thanks again Sonic; couldn’t have done this without ya. And if y’all are serious about this being nothing we could always use some help on the farm if y’all have the time.”

Sonic placed his bucket of apples on the ground before giving his arms a healthy stretch. “Hey! Name the time in the place and I’ll be there to help, no sweat!”

Applejack nodded before smirking. “I’ll get back to ya soon then.” She turned and cupped her hoof over her around her mouth. “HEY BIG MAC!! GUESS WHAT!?” She screamed at the top of her lungs before making her way out of the barn. The blue hedgehog raised an eyebrow as she made her way out of the door, a giant smile playing across her lips. With a shrug he reached into his scarf, pulling out a juicy red apple. Taking a huge bite he made his way out the barn with a smile on his face.

“Welp, I’m awake now. Wonder what’s to do around here…”

~

Eggman placed another book down, a low grumble slowly escaping his throat. “Nothing at all on Nightmare Moon in this one either.” He looked down towards the metal band that still held a dark tint to it. “What good are you if you can’t provide me with answers you retched thing.” He said in a low and harsh tone. “Still, if I am able to harness its essence…” He gave a chuckle as he looked into the to glass casing, a pair of eyes glaring spitefully towards him. “Oh don’t give me that look, I saved you after all, the least you can do is cooperate.” The eyes shifted away, fading from view. He scoffed before chuckling. “Suit yourself. I’ll have your power one way or another little Nightmare.”

The sounds of footsteps making their way down the stairs caused Eggman to look up, a fake smile appearing upon his features. “Ah, the ever lovely Twilight Sparkle graces her with our presence.” He said in a pristine and somewhat mocking manor. The Lavender mare didn’t pay attention to it however, her eyes unfocused as she sat at the table. Eggman give her a questioning look before groaning at not being able to get a reaction out of her. “Gah…never mind…it’s no fun with their not as quick on the wit as Sonic.” He mumbled softly.

“Sonic!” Twilight called out suddenly. “Where!?” She rapidly looked around for the blue hedgehog before blushing brightly, realizing what she had did. She slowly turned towards Eggman and Spike, both of which were now looking at the mare with raised eyebrows. She squeaked, much to Eggman’s surprise, and sunk her head down below the table, to hind from their gazes.

Spike rolled his eyes and decided to ignore the lavender unicorn, opting to dig into the food that was upon the table, Eggman giving an indigent huff before copying the baby dragon. After a few moments, Twilight lifted her head up and looked down at her own food, her mind racing a million miles a second.

What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? I’m supposes to take a date to the Gala! How does she expect me to take a date to the Gala!? I would take Spike but he said he wanted nothing to do with the Goo Goo Gala Gunk as he worded it. I can’t take one of my friends, that would leave all the others out of it!! What do I do?!

“Ah Twilight?”

“WHAT!?”

Spike shirked back as his eyes widened. “I…ah…Eggman asked if you were making any headway with the portal.”

Twilight blushed again, apparently noticing her earlier response was louder then it sould have been. With a polite cough she looked towards Eggman. “Well Doctor Eggman, I have yet to find in thing on my end as of yet I’m sorry to say.”

Eggman scoffed. “I thought you were good at magic.” He pointed out.

Twilight glared daggers towards the male. “Being good at magic and knowing what spell you accidently used is two different things. If I was to say, mess up, I would end up sending you to a whole different dimension I suspect. Everything has to be just right.” She paused. “Or so my books tell me.”

Eggman huffed either way, knowing full well that what she said was true. One wrong misstep in building a machine and all he had was a pile of scraps. He didn’t need that since Sonic did such an amazing job of turning his creations into that already. Still, that didn’t make him any less angry about it.

Twilight sighed and softened her look. “Listen, I’m sure you’re a scientist and so I’m sure you understand that it will take time for us to make the right connection back to your world.”

Eggman rolled his eyes as he sat up. “Just get it done, the longer I’m in this insufferable world the more insane I get from.” He said before placing a bunch of food on his plate and storming out the room, heading for his makeshift bed room.

Spike watched him go with an annoyed expression. “Geez…what a rotten egg.”

“Spike!” Twilight abolished. “Don’t be rude. He’s just…ah…scared and lonely is all. I bet he misses his friends.”

“I doubt he has friends.” Spike said with a roll of his eyes.

“Spike!” The drake raised his claws in the air, signaling that he was backing off the subject.

“In any case Twilight, What are you going to do with that extra ticket?”

Twilight groaned as she rolled her eyes. “Don’t remind me Spike.” She lifted her two tickets in the air to look at them. “Even if I had somepony in mind, how do I ask him? Every book I read on the subject says something different!”

“Him?” Spike asked, his eyebrow rising a bit.

She blushed as she looked away. “Or her…As a friend I mean.”

“Well, Why don’t you ask how another pony would ask.” He suggested.

Twilight’s eyes widened. “A scientific study!? That might work! I can ask all of my friends and find out how they get dates! It’s the perfect plan!! Spike you a genius!” She yelled before rushing out the door. The drake blinked once before smiling at the compliment.

“Well, well, well. I…” He paused. “Wait…did she just leave me to clean the whole table myself?”

Comments ( 49 )

Gotta love Twilight's romantic dreams:twilightsheepish:.

But as we all know, Sonic is completely unromantic. So good luck with that. :trollestia:

4217568 despite being a Flirt in the Archie Cannon and a Gentleman and Flirt (sort of) in the main cannon

This is one of the best crossovers I've ever seen, keep it up!:heart:

I'm loving this!

4399178
Ummm, no.:rainbowderp:
Where would that have been?:rainbowhuh:

4400286

how many ponies could fit into the seemingly compact building that was called Town Hall. It seemed like everypony in Ponyville was there and there was still open space for more

0.0 Bigger on the Inside!

And, KBO. Keep Buggering On was in an episode.

4414830
Okay, now I see it. Heh. TOWNDIS?
Also, the KBO thing was just a random piece of interweb lingo.

4415759 True, but KBO was in an episode. Ironsides, if I'm not mistaken.

4416246
I remember that now. Funny how people get confused. Hahaha.

4416378 That WAS a good episode... Though, "Silence WILL FALL" takes the cake.

4416402
Can't forget The Waters of Mars, though.:yay:

4423461 Ood... Death by Ood... Funniest line in the whole Celestia-Damned episode.

3971268
I have a planned one that doesn't involve SonicDash shipping, mainly because Sonic isn't even in it.:twilightsheepish:

4105259
I have a story that's technically a crossover with Destiny. It hasn't been released yet.

4428362 OH, OH! Remember the whole Pandorica thing? "I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool."

4428500
:rainbowlaugh:x10
I'm going to just randomly wear a fez one day and see how my friends react to it.

4436564 Because you're not brilliant?

4436634
4436613
What the heck are you guys going on about anyway?

4441206 ... I... Don't remember... Doctor Who...?

4446130 The wonderful Miss Donna Noble... What a shame.

A very interesting story so far, i hope to read more soon! :twilightsmile:

even though i just found this i already cant wait for the next chapter but i suggest you get a proof reader

YES YES YES YES!! INSTANT LIKE AND FAV! TIME TO READ!...:yay:

4845995 ... it was a reference to "earth, we have a problem"

I'm loving this story. When will there be a new chapter?

From the creator of KHoH and The Element of Chaos... come THIS AU Sonic crossover!

Please, in the Ticket Master pt. 2 have Tails show up in Equestria.

I saw sonic boom it was really good show! I just need to play 3DS and Wii U! I hope Tails, Knockles, Amy Rose, Sickts, and Shadow the next chapt?!

i look forward to the next part also in the last chapter when Sonic got called ''Sir Sonic'' it reminded me of Sonic and the black knight XD

4105259
I think, due to what I found out, it was for the best. But it does seem to follow his persona either way

When the next chapter coming!?:facehoof::flutterrage:

5514434
Currently working on khoh

I like this story as well. Very good I will wait for more to come.:pinkiehappy:

5514528 are u still updating this story

6645346
Work and whatnot in the way of writing...but is writing

Ok thx for the reply

add a sonic tag

6646806
Top 10 Anime Cliffhangers

Login or register to comment