• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 9,613 Views, 467 Comments

The Adventures of the Elementals - AutoKnight01



Twilight and friends learn to combine the elements of harmony with those of naure to save Equestria

  • ...
45
 467
 9,613

Nature in Canterlot (Part 4)

I only own the six elementals and the plot. Enjoy.

The Adventures of the Elementals

Chapter 17: Nature in Canterlot (Part 4)

The city of Canterlot overrun with evil ponies. Had the events during the royal wedding not transpired in the past, this attack would have caused much more mental damage on the citizens then it did. The streets were becoming filled with shrieking ponies running for their lives and a large group of Shadowmares not far behind them.

Luckily for Canterlot, it wasn’t the city nor its citizens that they wanted. Up every street, in every store, through every door the Shadowmares looked for their targets. Those near the centermost ring of the city easily found them. The ponies of ice, kindness, laughter, and wind.

Right now those the group of three girls and one boy were working hard to fend off the Shadowmares trying to kill them. And there were a LOT. Whenever one got destroyed, two more popped up in its placed. It was rapidly growing tiring.

Blasts of darkness got countered by blasts of ice and air. And Pinkie, to Cryo’s genuine surprise, had her own weapon of sorts to use. Her party cannon.

“TAKE THAT! AND THAT! TAKE IT ALL YOU MISERABLE PARTY CRASHERS!”

Shot after another, the Shadowmares were blown back by the force of the cannon. It was no secret that Pinkie Pie was sore at the Shadowmares for nearly wrecking the welcome party she three for Cryo and the others. Only now it was clear just how sore she was. Typhoon didn’t think it was possible.

“Eet would seem you’re partner ees more capable of handling herself zen I first thought.”

“Pinkie might a big soft cupcake most of the time. But she can be tough as nails when she wants to be. Duck!”

Typhoon ducked down and Cryo shot a small blast of ice freezing the Shadowmare behind his sister. The pink pegasus got back up and swung her staff shattering the dark frozen pony. Then she turned again and swung horizontally releasing a blade of wind. It slammed into three oncoming Shadowmares and knocked them right flat on their backs. Fluttershy backed away fearfully as she watched Typhoon blow more air in another direction.

Cryo and Pinkie were working together to stop an incoming wave from getting too close. With the power of ice and the party cannon, they were holding up fairly well.

Suddenly, he heard a shriek. It was a female screaming but it wasn’t one of the three females he was near. It sounded too far away to be one of them. Looking around quickly for the voice’s producer, he finally spotted it when he thought about looking up. Dangling from a very high balcony, maybe six stories up, was a gray colored earth pony with a flat black mane and tail.

“Whoa dammit! Hang on!” he shouted to the mare.

Cryo began to run forward on all four hooves. Then it became his two rear ones. He threw his front hooves out and blasted a few bursts of ice at the ground. A thin path of ice formed and it extended with every small ice shot Cryo threw out. He began to skate on the path as it directed itself into the sky.

Up on the balcony, the grey mare was trying to pull herself up. She could not muster the strength to do so. Her friends were trying their hardest to get to her but the balcony was breaking enough without their weight on it.

“Hold on, Octavia!” a mare shouted.

“SOMEPONY HEEEEEELLLLP!” Octavia screamed.

It was a bad idea. She lost her grip and started to fall. A shriek escaped her mouth as she began her descent. A few seconds of falling later, she felt herself impact something. But it didn’t feel like the ground and she was still alive. She opened her eyes back up and saw that he was being carried bridal style by a white unicorn skating on an ongoing airborne ice path he was creating with his horn. The path sloped down and Cryo screeched to a halt to set Octavia down on her hooves.

Her eyes looked dead into his and she stood still.

“You okay?” he asked her.

“Uh-huh.” She murmured. “Thank you for saving me.”

“No problem. Now get out of here. Get somewhere safe.” Cryo advised.

Taking his advice, Octavia ran off hoping to find someplace the Shadowmares currently were not overflowing. All the while that left the four element ponies fighting off Shadowmares. Only problem was they were already starting to slow down.

“Zere’s too many of zem!” Typhoon called. “I don’t know how much longer I can keep up!”

“Heads up, guys!”

Once again, another voice came from above. The four of them, along with all of the incoming Shadowmares looked up and saw a red unicorn stallion with his hooves on fire coming down from the sky.

“Is that…?” Fluttershy was too shocked to see a flying unicorn she couldn’t finish.

“Yeah he can fly.” Typhoon cleared that up to her partner.

Pyro swiftly swooped down and gave a Shadowmare a hard fiery front kick with his back hoof as he landed, sending it flying through the other Shadowmares and crashing into a wall.. He stood back down on all fours and observed the Shadowmares around him. Then he saw a wall of ice raise in between him and the evil black ponies. Cryo was sealing the good guys inside an icy dome. When it was finished, Pyro began talking with his breath coming out of his mouth due to the cold walls of the dome.

“You guys too huh?” he asked.

“We were in the middle of an antique store. They just popped up out of nowhere.” Cryo explained.

“And more of them just keep coming.” Fluttershy whimpered. “There’s way too many of them to win now. We lost.”

“No way! We haven’t lost until our hearts stop beating.” Pyro was not gonna put up with negative behavior right now. “We can do this if we all work together. But you all have to get back to the castle.”

“The castle? But what about everypony else in Canterlot?” Cryo asked.

“We can’t just leave zem for ze Shadowmares.” Typhoon added.

“We’re not leaving them here. We’re luring them away.” Pyro corrected. “They don’t want hostages. The Shadowmares are after us and us alone. Wherever we go, they’ll follow.”

“Just like parasprites and a one pony marching band!” Pinkie Pie shouted joyfully.

“Uh..sure. Whatever.” Pyro shrugged. “Cryo, Typhoon, you know your jobs. As soon as this ice dome comes down, break for the castle.”

“What about you?” Fluttershy asked.

“I gotta find the others and tell them the same. Applejack and Terra are already there with Twilight. I just gotta find Agua and Rarity, along with Rainbow Dash and Gem.”

“Gem…my seester.” Typhoon murmured.

Pyro and Cryo heard her. They knew why she was so concerned. So did Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

“Don’t worry, Ty. I’m sure Gem is perfectly plasma fresh.” Pinkie offered her comfort.

Confused but pleased, Typhoon kept her mind set on that being true. She nodded to Pyro telling him she was ready to go.

“Get ready to fly fast, Fluttershy.” Typhoon advised. “Once you see an opening in ze dome you go through and push your wings to zeir limit.”

“I can’t, Typhoon!” Fluttershy was now more scared. “I can’t fly when I’m this scared! What if they shoot me and hit me?”

“I won’t let zat happen! You know I won’t! I’ll be weeth you every second. I’ll never leave your side. I need you, Fluttershy!.”

“No you don’t. I’m scared, timid, and weak. I can’t do anything to help.” The yellow pegasus looked like she was about to start crying.

“Fluttershy…”

Typhoon didn’t want to see her partner like this. So she executed plan B. Fluttershy gave a yelp as the air got underneath her and started to swirl in the form of a sphere. She was laying on a floating spinning ball of air.

“You just hang on tight and trust me. We’re going to be fine.” Typhoon promised her.

Fluttershy nodded taking her word. Typhoon readied her wings for flight as Cryo prepared to take down the ice dome.

“Alright….get ready….”

Pyro stood bipedal and lit up his hooves front and back.

“Get set…”

Pinkie Pie got closer to Cryo after mysteriously making her party cannon disappear behind her back. Up top, two holes in roof of the dome were starting to open up. Shadowmares were trying to get through it.

“GO!”

Pyro, Typhoon, and Fluttershy took off. The two Alamantians blasted their respective elements out the hole to make their clean escape. Typhoon and Fluttershy went left and Pyro went right. The dome was now shattered and Pinkie was holding on to Cryo’s back as he took off on another path of ice.

A few blocks over in the downtown district were the ponies of water and generosity. On any other day, Agua would have laughed when he heard Rarity say she had been in a fight before. However, seeing her fight in the streets of Canterlot proved him wrong.

Rarity was very well skilled in martial arts. Bipedal stance and everything, she was throwing out punches and kicks like a professional. She didn’t know any offensive spells or anything of the sort. Her hooves were all the weapons she needed.

“Where the hell did you learn all that?” Agua yelled as he grabbed another Shadowmare with a water tentacle and threw it back.

“Agua, I have battled Nightmare Moon, Discord, and an army of changelings! Rainbow Dash taught me a spot of karate so I could defend myself!”

She ducked and uppercut another Shadowmare solidly. It was sent sprawling on its back. Agua shot a few small blasts of water taking out a few more. From the side though, he was caught off guard. A Shadowmare got in a clean shot and hit Agua’s side send him staggering away off balance. He was pinned up against the wall by said Shadowmare and had a hoof pressed to his head.

“I thought you were supposed to be tough.”

“We are.”

That was another voice. Pyro’s voice. His left hoof knocked into the Shadowmares face and sent it away. Agua was free to move again. Rarity was still trying to hold back as many as she can using her hooves and nothing else. She could send them back, but she couldn’t destroy them. Good thing that another one of the guys had shown up then.

Fire and water were blasted in separate directions to fend off the dark ponies. To wrap it up, Pyro and Agua stood side by side and threw out their hooves in unison. A stream of fire and another of water formed a helix together combining their hot and cooling touches. Their elements together made the Shadowmares vaporize upon impact. As the cloud of steam the flames and water created cleared, the three ponies were able to tell all the Shadowmares had been defeated.

“See what happens when we work together, Agua?” Pyro smirked.

“Whatever.” Agua said in denial. “What are you doing out here?”

“Relaying messages to everyone.” Pyro got to business. “Take Rarity and get her to the castle. It’s the safest place for her.”

“And the Shadowmares will follow us. Smart.” Agua commented.

“How many of them are there, Pyro?” Rarity asked.

“I don’t know. Hundreds possibly.” Pyro’s hooves lit up. “However many there are, watch your back.”

With that, Pyro took to the skies once more as Rarity and Agua watched him go till he was out of view. Their path to the castle was blocked by another incoming group of Shadowmares. Quickly they had to come up with a plan B. Agua turned and noticed a nearby bridge crossing over one of the many canals in the city that came from the great Canterlot waterfalls. He dipped his hoof in and the water told him which direction it traveled and where it would lead him.

“This canal feeds directly into the castle moat. Rarity, hop on my back!”

She didn’t even care about getting wet. It was one of those rare occurrences. Not thinking twice about, she hopped on Agua’s back and locked her hooves around his torso. Agua then walked out into the middle of the canal and did his thing. First he raised his hooves to the air making the water he stood on raise up as well in the form of a wall. Then he looked straight forward and pointed his hooves in the same direction. The wall turned into a rushing wave on which he was no surfing the top of. It wasn’t the most conventional means of transportation, but it was the only one available at the time. Surfing the top of a wave. Rarity began to scream at the top of her lungs forgetting her mouth was right next to Agua’s ear.

“WILL YOU STOP THAT?!?! I’M TRYING TO FOCUS HERE!”

“SOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!” Rarity boomed into Agua’s ear one more time.

Back at the castle, the same balcony Pyro jumped off of before was now being used as a platform where Celestia and Twilight were shooting Shadowmares climbing up the castle walls which were crawling with them. Shining Armor would have been there as well and summoned the royal guard to help but he was still struggling to get free of his metal bindings. Cadence’s magic wasn’t strong enough to undo the damage the earth mover did.

Terra herself and her partner were not on the balcony. They were on the ground right beneath the balcony Celestia and Twilight stood on. Terra had a hammer made of rock in her hooves and was smashing every nearby Shadowmare. Applejack was using her hooves both front and back to clobber the dark ponies.

“There’s so many of them!” Twilight shouted as she shot a couple more to smoke. “Where the hay are the others?!”

“Just keep shooting, my faithful student.” Celestia firmly responded. “We must hold out until the rest of the elements arrive.”

Celestia’s gold glowing horn let loose several beams of bright yellow light that enveloped most of the Shadowmares crawling up her side of the wall. Shadowbolts started to fly in to make it even more difficult. After launching a few big rocks skyward, she took notice of a bright white stripe moving towards the castle. Knowing what it was she turned her head to the princess and Twilight.

“Up top! We have ice and laughter coming in from above!”

Twilight and Celestia looked up and saw a path of ice extended directly towards them. On top of it was Cryo and Pinkie Pie. Behind them was a squadron of Shadowbolts. Swerving from side to side allowed the two ponies on the balcony to shoot them down. They skated right above their heads and through the door that led onto the balcony. Once their hooves were back on the ground, both ponies riding the ice path stood on all fours again. Cadence had a smile on her face as she laid eyes on another Alamantian.

“Kindness and wind are right behind them!” Applejack called.

Laying down cover fire wasn’t necessary for Typhoon and Fluttershy. The pegasus of wind lowered herself and her partner onto the balcony in front of Celestia and Twilight. Then Typhoon stood on the balcony railing with her staff in her grip.

“Eet would seem you have a beet of an infestation problem.” She observed.

Cadenced walked away from her husband shortly to view aerokinetic out on the balcony.

“Yeah would you mind helping us with that?” Twilight asked.

In response, Typhoon first smirked at the lavender unicorn then looked straight down. She then began to move her staff around quite gracefully. The princess and her student both backed away to give her some space as they felt the breeze pass through their manes. The pink pegasus began to spin that wooden stick even faster. Then she held it horizontally over her head with one hoof, and quickly threw the same hoof down.

The wind blew straight down with strong force. The Shadowmares climbing the castle walls were blown off and vaporized when they hit the ground. Her technique being performed, Typhoon relaxed herself and hopped off the balcony railing.

“Impressive.” Celestia commented.

Typhoon gave a small nod and her staff floated in the air with her aerokinetic powers assisting her. She walked inside the castle alongside Fluttershy on all four hooves. She was met face to face with Cadence.

“Amazing.” The pink alicorn commented.

That one word told Typhoon this girl was okay. Cryo shared her opinion.

“My name ees, Typhoon.” The pink pegasus greeted. “And zis ees my brother, Cryo.”

“Pleasure.” Cryo gave a small nod to Cadence.

“Same.” Cadence reciprocated. “So let me ask you this. Should I be scared right now?”

“Of us, no.” Cryo stated. “But of the Shadowmares, well that’s for you to decide.”

“Well then I’m not scared.” Cadence said with a confident smile. ‘I got a good first impression from your fiery friend.”

The two Alamantians smiled knowing they were in good with another pony. Fluttershy and Pinkie smiled when they saw their partners grin.

“Water and generosity incoming!” Twilight drew their attention back.

Everyone followed her pointed hoof and saw the wave come in with two ponies riding the top of it. Agua carried his wave outside the canal and let it crash into the grassy ground right outside the front gate.. Rarity let go of him and collapsed on the grass happy to be on land again. But her little celebration was cut short when she found herself having to dodge Shadowmare shots.

Agua got back in front of her and began to use his water moving to block and counter the attacks.

“Rarity! Get inside the castle! GO!”

She didn’t need to be told twice. The guards immediately let her inside. Agua made short work of the remaining Shadowmares and joined his partner inside.

With no Shadowmares left to fight at the moment, Terra and Applejack retreated to the inside of the castle with the latter raising herself and her partner up to the balcony with an earth pillar. Once they were at level with the balcony, the two earth ponies jumped and ran inside the castle with Twilight. Celestia was the last to go inside and viewed Agua and Rarity coming in through the hallway and Agua laughing as he saw Shining Armor. He didn’t know who the guard was, he just found it funny that he was hogtied.

Before Celestia shut the door to the balcony, a hot orange flying object made its way inside and landed on all four hooves in front of his friends breathing deeply. Twilight approached him and rested a hoof on his shoulder.

“Are you alright?” she asked him.

“Yeah.” Pyro answered back panting. “Just…flying…everywhere. Is everyone okay?”

“Yeah. We’re all cool.” Cryo answered his brother.

“Wait a second.” Princess Celestia noticed there were a couple of absences. “Where are Rainbow Dash and Gem?”

Finally everypony other then Pyro noticed when Celestia said it.

“I looked everywhere from above.” Pyro answered. “I searched every street of the city but I couldn’t find them. And the arena is destroyed.”

“So they’re either dead or still out there somewhere.” Agua said out loud.

A whimper came from Typhoon. Hearing Gem might be dead was too much for her. Her aerokinesis vanished and the wooden staff clunked the floor. Rarity picked it up with her unicorn magic and rubbed the pegasus’ shoulder while she glared at her partner.

“Oh don’t you worry, Typhoon. I’m sure they’re fine. Rainbow Dash will keep Gem safe.” She said trying to comfort the worried mare.

Typhoon calmed down just a tiny bit but enough to the point where she wasn’t shaking.

“Ty, you gotta try and find them.” Cryo said to his sister.

The pink winged mare knew what her icy brother was talking about. Sometimes she forgets exactly what all she can do with her telepathy. Gently, she placed a hoof to the side of her head. Her mind went into overdrive. Her telepathic signal spread throughout all of Canterlot in search of her younger sister and her partner. About half a minute passed but she couldn’t get a lock on them. Either they were moving too fast or their minds weren’t functioning anymore. She only prayed that second option wasn’t the case.

“What’s taking her so long?” Spike whispered.

“Canterlot is a big city. It takes a while for her mind to search it all.” Terra softly said back.

Spike nodded understand and watched Typhoon. Her eyelids fluttered a few times but never opened. A full minute went by and then suddenly her eyes shot wide open.

“Found zem! Zey are only one mile away from ze castle and closing fast!”

Cryo rushed for the balcony to see for himself with the others behind him. Shining Armor tried to crawl but couldn’t. The view overlooking the front of the castle provided a perfect view down the road that led to the fortress itself. Noise from afar began to be heard by all. Then they came. Turning onto the road were two streaks, one rainbow, the other bright electric purple. Right behind them were four Shadowbolts shooting at them from their mouths.

“Gem! Rainbow! Hurry up!” Rarity called.

Similar other shouts reached the ears of the two ponies on the run.

“You heard em’, Gem! Let’s go!” Rainbow put more energy into her wings.

Gem did the same with her plasma wheel she was surfing on. Immediately the two began to speed up but they didn’t gain an inch of distance away from their chasers. It was gonna be close.

“Rainbow! Ascend now!” Gem instructed.

Not in a mood to argue, Rainbow Dash pulled up until she was level with the balcony. Then she barrel rolled to avoid another shot.. On the ground, Gem focused her eyes not too far ahead at the ground. Right in front of her, a small ramp made of glowing plasma formed and her big wheel flew right off it. The ramp vanished and Gem turned around in the air. The plasma that made up her wheel started funneling into her hooves. When it was all there, She blasted out a strong beam of plasma and took out all four of the Shadowbolts.

The force of the blast threw the purple unicorn off balance and she began to spin out of control for the castle. Thankfully for her, She fell right into a spiraling sphere of air courtesy of Typhoon. After They all retreated back into the castle, Typhoon threw herself on the smaller unicorn.

Rainbow Dash looked at her partner with a sad face.

“Sorry your first Wonderbolts show got ruined, Gem.”

“It’s okay, Rainbow. Really it is. Just help get her off me. I can’t breathe.” Gem gasped.

Typhoon’s grip was indeed a tight one. Being the nearest, Rainbow Dash and Applejack put their hooves on her pink ones.

“S’alright, Ty. Gem is fine. Just ease up.” Applejack gently said.

Breathing more steadily and looking Gem over one last time, Typhoon let go of the young one and let her get some oxygen inside her. Cadence, smiling wide, approached her.

“A member of the Eneoji Tribe. It’s an honor to meet you.” Cadence warmly greeted.

“Former.” Gem corrected with a straight face.

Confusing, it was. Shining Armor didn’t hear it. He was too busy looking and noticing the girl’s size and how she was noticeably smaller then the rest.

“How old are you, kid?” he asked from behind.

Gem turned around quickly startled by the voice and almost laughed when she saw what she did. But she kept it inside barely.

“Thirteen.” She replied.

Shining Armor’s face dropped.

“No seriously. How old are you?”

“Thirteen.”

He was at a loss for words. He glared at Pyro.

“You dragged a thirteen year old into a fight of this magnitude?!” He was disgusted.

“Um…I’m gonna be 14 in a couple of weeks.” Gem mentioned.

“Don’t worry about him.” Agua waved Shining Armor off. “So what do we do now?”

That was directed towards his red hot brother.

“Alright. There’s plenty more of them coming I can bet you anything. Twilight I want you and the other harmony elements to-“

“Oh no you don’t.” Twilight jammed her hoof in Pyro’s chest. “There’s no way you’re going out there without us.”

Pyro sighed. He was hoping to avoid this.

“Look, Twilight. I understand you want to help us. But I’m supposed to protect you. Not bring you closer to danger.”

Twilight shook her head. She wasn’t gonna have it.

“You’re supposed to be my partner.” She responded with a firm hoof. “That means you and I both have the same responsibility to each other. You protect me, I protect you. That’s the way it works. You can argue with me all you want, Pyro. But like it or not, I’m going out there with you. And there is nothing you can do to stop me.”

Pyro froze in place. He wasn’t expecting Twilight to fight him on this so much. He was gonna argue back but then he took a second to think about who he was talking to. This group of six mares were the first to take on Nightmare Moon after Celestia did. They were the group who resealed Discord in his stone prison. And they were too the group who helped Canterlot remain intact while it was overrun with changelings. These six mares were definitely capable of handling their own. He looked away from his partner and to the rest.

“I suppose the rest of you share her feelings.” He assumed.

The nods from all of them confirmed his assumption to be true.

“Y’all may have powers that none of us will ever understand, but that doesn’t mean we’re just gonna let ya go this one alone.” Applejack said as she adjusted her hat.

“Yeah. Let us have some of the fun.” Rainbow Dash pressed her hooves together cracking them a bit.

“I still want payback for the crashed party.” Pinkie admitted.

“I may be a lady but that does not mean I am a pushover.” Rarity said frim as she ran a hoof through her mane.

“Well…we have done this before.” Fluttershy quietly said.

It was still enough for the big red stallion to hear.

“Then let’s go.”

“Wait a minute!” Shining Armor yelled before anyone left. “Aren’t you gonna let me outta here?”

He was asking Terra foremost because she was the one who put him in this situation to begin with. The yellow mare rubbed her chin to sell the act that she was actually thinking about it. She wasn’t at all.

“You insulted me and my brother over there, then you tried to strangle said brother. So forgive me if I’m not exactly 100 percent for letting you out.”

“DAMMIT! JUST LET ME GO!” he screamed and tried to free himself.

Terra pointed a hoof at Shining Armor and quickly pulled it back. The metal wrapped around the captive captain’s hooves and horn tightened making him yelp as they stung a bit.

“I’ll let you out when you learn to be nice.” Terra snapped.

“Princess, please! Surely you can let me go.” Shining Armor pleaded to get some support.

He found none with the princess.

“I think it is best if you remain how are you for a while for disobeying my wish to respect our Alamantian guests. Consider it a reminder to never do it again.”

He couldn’t believe it. Not even Celestia was backing him up. Even his own wife was taking their side. Everypony seemed to be turning on him and he did not like it at all.

“Shall we then?” Pyro held out his hoof for Twilight to grasp.

She did just that.

“Lets.” She replied.

A flash of flames later and she and Pyro were gone. Gem and Cryo followed suit with their respective partners in their respective elements. Agua and Rarity went for the balcony along with the other four mares. Using water from the moat, the stallion controlling it hopped on with Rarity and lowered himself down. Terra and AJ used the earth pillar that got them up there in the first place as their way down while Typhoon and Fluttershy simply used their wings. On their way down, Typhoon gripped her staff in her hooves again and Rarity let it out of her magical grip.

Once on the ground, all twelve ponies looked out ahead into the street leading to the castle. At the farthest edge seeable, a small cloud of black was beginning to form. A big one too. They were coming. A lot of them.

“Hold your ground, elements. We can’t let a single one inside.” Pyro advised. “Terra, would you care to start us off?”

“Pyro…” Terra stood up bipedal and cracked her neck. “It would be my genuine pleasure.”

Forward once more they looked as the cloud began to spark with some sort of energy. Then, as if a door had just been opened, tons of Shadowmares starting rushing out of the cloud and down the street for the castle. Hundreds of them, earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorn ran and flew out screeching in search of their prey, the elements.

That was the signal for the rest of them to get ready. The other eleven elements prepared themselves for Terra to make the first strike then they would charge forward. There was only one problem. A few seconds went by, but Terra remained still in her bipedal stance.

“Uh…aren’t you…you know…gonna do something?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Yes. But not now.” Terra answered. “Just wait for the right time.”

Waiting wasn’t looking to be a good idea with a whole hoard of Shadowmares diving down on them. Every second that past meant a few meters gained and less time to act.

“Terra…” Pyro muttered.

“Not yet.”

The wave was getting closer.

“Terra…” Rarity took a step back.

“Wait for it.”

Streetlamps were getting knocked over as the Shadowmares crowded the road to the castle.

“T-Terra…” Fluttershy was hiding behind Typhoon.

“Almost.”

This was it. One more intersection and they were toast.

“TERRA!” That time everyone shouted the name except for the pony bearing it.

Finally she acted. With a single step forward and a few deep breaths, Terra raised her right hoof up to the sky, then slammed it into the ground. The impact sounded like a small explosion heard from a distance. As soon as she touched the earth, her geokinesis took play. She had created a wave out of the ground much like one of the ocean and sent it right for the oncoming hoard of Shadowmares.

The giant ground wave did as its creator expected. The entire front area of the Shadowmare hoard were sent flying into the air. Most of those already sporting wings were able to recover, but the earth ponies and unicorns poofed to smoke when they hit the ground. It didn’t solve the problem entire, but Terra’s attack did enough damage to dent the number originally there.

That was their cue to charge. On all fours once again, Terra darted forward along with the rest of the elements. A chunk of rock ripped from the ground in front of the yellow mare and shaped into that of a hammer. The hammer’s creator clenched it in her teeth and ran on with her partner now holding her rope in her mouth. When they were close enough, Terra took her hammer in her hooves and gave a strong swing. She clobbered a unicorn Shadowmare and sent it flying into many more before stopping. Applejack lashed out her rope and lassoed a Shadowbolt around the neck. Holding solid, Applejack jerked the rope and swung the Shadowbolt into a few grounded henchponies before slamming it to the ground.

While they were running, Twilight and Pyro were already shooting small shots at their enemies. When they were surrounded, Pyro stood up on his hind hooves and began to mix his flame powers with his expert martial arts. Twilight remained on all fours and put her horn into overdrive fending off the approaching foes.

Out of nowhere Pinkie armed and let loose the full power of her party cannon. Cryo had no idea what his partner was loading into that thing. But whatever it was, it wreaked havoc on the Shadowmares. Cryo himself was doing plenty damage with two ice sickles formed from his front hooves. Slashing, slicing, and dicing, he took out every Shadowmare that got near him.

Typhoon stayed close to Gem to make sure she was okay. Gem rolled her eyes and kept firing plasma shots from her hooves and horn. Rainbow Dash bucked and tackled her way through a large crowd of them showing her endurance and courage. Fluttershy was staying near her partner trying her best to not get hit. Typhoon used her staff to create various and deadly attacks with her element of wind. Each one did heavy damage to her targets.

The white mare of generosity and her partner were surprisingly working well together. Rarity’s graceful martial arts not only did its number on the Shadowmares but also gave her body an excellent workout. Agua was doing his damage with two giant water whips. Simple yet effective.

All the while, Celestia and Cadence viewed the fight from one of the giant windows of the castle. Soon enough, others who worked in the castle joined them. Chefs, janitors, medical staff, a few other guards finally came in and worked together to free Shining Armor from his bonds. He walked up to the side of his wife only to be met with a sharp glare. Then she looked away still sore with his behavior towards the six foreigners. The captain of the guard then looked out the window and saw his little sister shooting one Shadowmare after the other alongside her fire blasting partner.

A few of them got close and caused the two of them to back up a little bit. Doing that made them bump into Terra and Applejack. The former ducked a shot and waved her hoof upwards making a small semi circle wall rise up from the ground. The four of them crouched behind it like they were in the frontlines of an actual war.

“This is just like that mobster incident in Manehattan all over again, huh bro?” Terra chuckled as she creamed a Shadowmare with a thrown rock.

“You and I clearly have different thoughts about that experience, Terra.” Pyro replied.

He then stood straight up and threw out a long stream of fire waving his hoof left and right. The animal like screeches of the dark shadow ponies filled the air as Twilight looked strangely at her partner when he crouched back down.

“Mobsters?” she muttered.

“It’s a long story.” He answered.

“It was fun and you know it.” Terra chuckled.

Terra then punched the small wall and made it explode forward hitting most of the nearby henchponies in front of them. The two pairings split up and Terra formed two more rock hammers in her hooves much bigger than the first one she had. She smashed them both together at the heads and cave somewhat of a crazy smile.

“Come to mama, bitches.”

From the window above, Shining Armor looked at the mare and her two enormous weapons.

“That…..THAT is a princess?” he said observing the yellow earth mare. “Looks more like a warrior to me.”

*CRACK!*

Shining Armor winced as he viewed Terra brutally take out another Shadowmare.

“Make that a butcher.”

“Stop it right now.” Cadence snapped. “I don’t know what your problem is with them, but in all my years of dating you, I have NEVER seen you act prejudice towards anything or anyone. Now suddenly you meet six Alamantians and you’re a racist.”

“Cadence, I’m not a racist. I just don’t like how suddenly six Alamantians pop up out of nowhere and shortly after, Nightmare Moon comes back. It’s just too suspicious.”

“I know it seems weird but you have to trust them like I do. Your sister trusts them, the rulers of Equestria trust them, and seeing as how he saved your life not too long ago, I think he deserves yours.”

She played the “he saved your life” card. He was hoping she wouldn’t do that. He was gonna attempt to say something back but water splattering against the window startled them and brought their attention back to the fight outside. Agua was trying to take out some airborne Shadowbolts with small shots of water but the flyers were too fast for him. Seeing them, Typhoon spread her own wings and took them out herself by using some fancy flying combined with aerokinesis. She landed again next to Terra who was busy swinging a pair hammers around like a maniac.

“I’m already getting tired.” The wind mover said with a deep breath.

“Get some air in those lungs of yours and get blowin, Ty! These guys are duplicating by the second!”

Terra swung her right side hammer down and scraped the ground causing shards of rock and dirt to fly up and hit the oncoming unicorn Shadowmares coming for her. A few of them were lightly hit but it was just a little distraction so Terra could charge them. She used one of her hammers to vault herself over the one up front and landed on another one’s head. Then she caved that same head into the ground with a hammer. The second one she clobbered skyward and awkwardly smacked into the wall of the castle making it vaporize. Then Terra lashed at the third and final one with a sideways swing.

She made the wrong move. The unicorn Shadowmare easily ducked the attack and moved behind her while Terra regained her balance. With a dark blade, it slashed at her in an upwards motion armed with a blade. The tip of said blade dug into her left arm quite well.

“AAAAAHHHHH!”

The pain was enough to distract her so the Shadowmare could get in another hit. This time it was with a shot of dark energy right to the chest at point blank range. Terra went skidding on her back and tried to get back up but the unicorn Shadowmare that had inflicted pain on her stomped hard on her stomach with its hind hoof. A dark purple and black blade rose up above his head and it was ready to go through her skull.

However, Applejack acted quicker than the Shadowmare unicorn and rammed her own skull into it. It wasn’t enough to make the fake pony poof into smoke but the country girl wasn’t done yet. And neither was the black unicorn.

“Not bad…for a redneck hick.” It hissed.

Applejack growled and charged. She took a swing with one of her front hooves and it was easily evade. Then the unicorn Shadowmare swung his dark blade again and was able to slash a bit of Applejack’s back. She tried and succeeded to not cry out in pain. With her teeth clenched and eyes shut tight, she gave a loud grunt. Either way the pain was still there. Fast and strong with the Shadowmare still behind her, Applejack used her back hooves for their intended purpose and bucked it away. It skidded to a halt next to Terra who made short work of it by crushing it with yet another hammer made from the ground.

“Jackie.” When she leaned her head up, Terra saw the wound on her partner.. “Your back.”

“Don’t sweat it, Sugarcube, Ah’ve suffered worse injuries then this and STILL kept workin.” She assured. “How’s yer arm?”

“Stings but it’s nothing really.” Terra stomped her back hoof in a backwards motion and shot a rock pillar up from the ground behind her sending a sneaking Shadowmare skyward.

Suddenly, the whole atmosphere of the place seemed to be overrun with the screeches of the Shadowmares of all kinds. They weren’t getting hit but most of them seemed to be screaming like Pyro had set them all on fire at once.

“Hold on. What’s going on here?” the stallion of fire himself wondered.

Two seconds later, he got his answer. At least half of the horde of Shadowmares poofed into black smoke like they did when they were destroyed. But this time the smoke didn’t vanish. It all seemed to be funneling into one place up high in the sky. It swirled and turned like it was a big brewing pot. Then a loud roar emitted from the cloud making all twelve of the fighting ponies cover their ears.

“Wait.” From the window, Spike noticed something. “How come the others aren’t moving?”

Celestia looked closely to where Cadence was looking and took notice of what she was referring to. The other Shadowmares that were still there on the ground weren’t moving. It was like time stopped moving around them.

“Curious.” The princess of the sun commented.

The roar came again. This time the thing giving it had a form. The black smoke had turned into a giant serpent-like creature of giant proportions. It was black along the body with jagged purple streaks running up and down it. Five horns extended from its head in a star formation and the teeth were as sharp as the finest crafted blade in all Equestria. Menacing to behold, Fluttershy started shivering and hid behind Typhoon. Twilight used her sight to measure it had to be just a bit bigger then Spike when he became a full grown dragon.

“Oh holy shit.” Terra muttered.

Without any sign of a warning, the remaining Shadowmares screeched and resumed their attack, causing the elements to snap out of their trance and continue fighting as well. All the while they did their best to keep an eye on the serpent floating above them. It seemed to be looking at the castle. Then the inside of its mouth started to glow.

“It’s gonna blast the castle!” Agua shouted.

That was it. Celestia had to do something. She teleported outside the castle window and flew straight for the serpent with her horn charged up. A powerful golden beam brilliantly ejected from the tip of her horn and soared through the sky and hit the serpent right in the center of its body. It tore through the body of the creature and it began to evaporate.

Then it just seemed to stop vanishing. Instead it turned around and began to put itself back together. In a matter of seconds, the half of the body that had vaporized reappeared as good as new, shocking both the elements and Celestia herself. The serpent looked at Celestia then it spoke in Nightmare Moon’s voice.

“You are strong, Celestia. But I have grown strong in my absence.” She declared.

The serpent began to charge up the beam from its mouth again. Down below, Rainbow Dash was recovering from one of her wings being slashed by a Shadowbolt grounding her. After she punched it out, she groaned in pain as she noticed the serpent about to fire.

“Great! Now what!?” Rainbow turned to her young partner for an answer.

But she wasn’t there to give one. Looking around, Rainbow couldn’t spot Gem until she looked up.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” she yelled.

That got the attention of everypony else. Gem had teleported herself onto the tallest point of the castle that was also nearest to the serpent. She held out her front hooves and activated her horn making a large purple wall of plasma and magic to appear out on front of her. The wall’s size was large enough to cover a good portion of the castle. She didn’t need to cover the entire thing. She just needed to make a shield which was big enough to block the about to be fired blast.

Although it was a good plan, her five siblings seemed to be scared.

“GEM, DON’T DO IT!” Cryo yelled.

There was nothing any of them could do to stop her though. The shield was already in place and the serpent’s blast had been fired. Upon impact, Gem winced feeling the pressure build on her body. She began to push with all her might to try and keep her force field up. The beam that poured out of the Shadow beast’s mouth like an open faucet only seemed to get stronger.

Sparks began to fly off the shield’s walls from the inside. The sparks were aiming for their master. Being younger and less experienced with her element than the others were, Gem’s limits were clearly seen. Her own plasma was backfiring and hurting her in the process. Small bolts of plasma flew off the inside wall of the force field and hit Gem in a random part of her body. She knew she couldn’t keep it up much longer, but she had to keep going. If she dropped now, the castle would be toast. Trying to focus every bit of power she had, she screamed out of both determination and pain.

Finally having enough, the two stallions capable of getting off the ground took off. Typhoon went airborne as well. Pyro and Cryo shot small shots of flame and ice at the giant to get its attention. Typhoon did the same by flying in front of its face to confuse it. The tactic worked. The beast stopped shooting the beam and turned to chase the flying ponies.

When it was done, Gem dropped the shield, took a deep breath, and fell down unconscious. With the roof slanted, she began to slide down and fell off the side only to be quickly caught in the golden aura of the ruler of Equestria who had a very worried look to her as she examine the young one’s body. The backfiring plasma bruised her up good and a few of them were bleeding. She landed and wiped a bit of blood off the small unicorn’s mouth as Rainbow Dash rushed over and tried to nudge her awake while she floated in mid air.

“Not again.” Rainbow fearfully muttered. “Gem, wake up.”

There came no reply of any kind. Just uneven breathing signifying she was alive. The sound of growling made the cyan pegasus and Celestia whip around and see many Shadowmares start to close in on them.

“Give us the plasma girl. And we may let you live.” A unicorn one growled.

That didn’t faze the multi colored mare and princess on bit. With a snort, Rainbow stood up and posed herself ready to fight again.

“You wanna get to her, you gotta go through me.”

The Shadowmares just laughed.

“As you wish.” A Shadowbolt snarled.

In unison, all of them began to charge up their attacks. They were abruptly cut off when the ground below them cracked open and the earth Shadowmares and unicorns fell into the newly formed crevice. The Shadowbolts stayed above it thanks to their wings. Twilight made short work of them thanks to her magnificent magic. The crevice closed up and the geokinetic pony responsible for it came into view.

“You got guts, RD. I like that.” Terra muttered as she made another weapon rise from the ground made of rock.

This time it wasn’t a hammer. It was an axe with razor sharp edges.

“Always a pleasure, Princess.”

Laughing, Terra ran off to chop up more Shadowmares like they were food in a restaurant. Rainbow turned to Celestia still concerned for Gem.

“I’ll take care of Gem, Rainbow Dash. You get back out there.”

With a nod, the cyan mare flew back into battle and Celestia teleported back to where she was before in the castle. Cadence gasped upon seeing the hurt Gem in her magical grip. Gently, she put her down on her side and looked to a nurse who was in the room with her.

“Take her to the medical tower immediately. Leave no wound untreated.”

“Yes, your majesty.” The nurse bowed and used her own unicorn magic to carry Gem off.

“Thirteen.” Shining Armor muttered. “She’s just thirteen.”

“But yet she’s so brave.” Celestia admired that about the plasma mover.

With one element down, the pressure on the remaining elements had slightly increased. The three flying ones were straining their brains trying to figure out what to do. Their attacks just weren’t cutting it. Every time they landed what seemed to be a solid hit, the body regenerated.

“What do we do, Pyro?!” Cryo shouted to his brother.

“I have no idea!” Pyro yelled back. “There has to be a weakness somewhere! Find it!”

Pyro began to fly for the back of the creature with Cryo next to him.

“We can’t keep this up forever, dude.” He pointed out.

“I know I know.” The flying unicorn. “But everything, even us, has a weakness. We just gotta keep our eyes sharp and-“

“OH DAMN LOOKOUT!”

The ice mover’s loud voice made Pyro jerk his head in the other direction. The spikes on the back of the serpent’s back had extended out like tentacles and were now headed fright for the elements of fire and ice. Nicely they were both able to evade them for a few seconds and destroy some with their attacks. But right after Cryo got wrapped up in one and trapped, Pyro was quick to follow. They both tried to burn and freeze their way out but the tentacles binding them seemed to be invulnerable to the heat and cold. They were about to teleport themselves out. Before they could, both of them began to scream in pain from the dark energy being zapped into their bodies. From below, Twilight and Pinkie heard their screams and saw two little lights flashing from the ends of the two tentacles holding them.

“NO! CRYO!” Pinkie shouted.

“PYRO BREAK FREE!” Twilight added.

Their words did nothing. A few more seconds of dark energy being plunged into their bodies caused both of them to go out cold. Then the two tentacles threw them both downwards to the ground. Twilight tried to catch them but they were moving too fast and Typhoon was busy dodging her own array of tentacles to even notice that two of her brothers were falling.

It was too late. Both the unicorn stallions very hardly and loudly crashed into the ground. The impact formed craters around their bodies and small trails from said craters. Their bodies were stiff and very badly hurt.

Using a special blast of cake batter from her party cannon to stick a few more Shadowmares in place, Pinkie and Twilight broke free from the pack of them and approached their partners afraid of what had just happened.

“Pyro, respond.” Twilight gently nudged her partner hoping for something to happen.

“Cryo….Cryo are you okay?” Pinkie did the same with her white friend.

None of them received any sort of response, making their fear skyrocket in less than a second.

“No…nononononononono.” Twilight’s eyes and Pinkie’s filled up with tears as her lavender hoof moved to his neck.

She didn’t feel a pulse. She tried to administer to him and Cryo every healing spell she knew. It didn’t seem to do much good at this point. A few cuts stopped bleeding but none of the open wounds actually healed.

Celestia and her nearby subjects witnessed the entire thing. Fear was in the princesses eyes as she stared at Pyro’s and Cryo’s stiff forms. Then she witnessed her precious student fall on her belly and began to softly cry under the belief her partner was gone.

When she felt something on her head, she opened her eyes back up and looked upwards. She had no idea where it came from, but her element of magic tiara had appeared on her head. Pinkie’s neck began to glow a dim white then her necklace of laughter appeared adorned on the pink mare’s neck like usual. The charms of both elements glowed bright blue and magenta, respectively. Looking at their collapsed partners once more made them notice something. The two stallion’s cutie marks glowed white for a few seconds. They stopped at the same time the two elements of harmony ceased to shine.

Then they moved.

Well, tried to move would be more correct. Both the stallions were heard breathing and they started moaning feeling intense pain.

“Pyro?” Twilight was still having trouble believing this was happening.

“I can’t move.” He whispered. “Everything hurts.”

Pinkie put her face right in front of her own partner’s as her necklace and Twilight’s tiara disappeared.

“Cryo? Are you okay?” she asked hoping for appositive reply.

“No.” Cryo groaned back as his whole body throbbed in pain. “Agua. Get Agua over here.”

Without thinking twice, Pinkie rushed away from Cryo and immediately spotted Agua. Before he knew it, the blue stallion was picked up from the bottom and carried away from the fight. Needless to say, he wasn’t pleased with that.

“What the hell are you doing?! Put me down!” He yelled.

Pinkie did just that right in front of Agua’s two hurt brothers. Seeing them made him gasp a little bit.

“Holy shit. What the hell happened to you two?” he asked.

“Fell….hard.” Was all Pyro answered with.

“Agua you need to mizu-mend them. Fast.” Twilight informed.

“I’ll do what I can.” The water pony said. “Just cover me.”

Twilight and Pinkie followed Agua’s instructions and armed themselves. Shots from Twilight’s horn and Pinkie’s party cannon kept the Shadowmares at bay while Agua did his thing.

First her started with Pyro. He instructed his brother to hold his breath and through his pain Pyro followed the order. Then Agua did his work. Conjuring some water between his hooves, he then spread it all over his red brother’s body . Slowly, he began to wave his hooves back and forth like a wave. The tips of his hooves were covered with water and dimly glowing. The bubble Pyro was encased in did the same thing. Agua then moved in his hooves and began to rub Pyro’s body all over as gently as he could. After twenty five seconds, he threw the water off the red stallion and examined his work. For the most part, Agua succeeded. But he didn’t get all the way there.

Pyro tried to stand back up which he started out doing well, when he was almost fully up, his left side throbbed in pain and he gave a yelp.

“I did all I could.” Agua explained while he began the mizu-mending process on Cryo. “I stopped most of your cuts from bleeding and healed some completely, but some of the big ones I couldn’t get closed. And you’re gonna be sore everywhere for a while.”

“Not enough to stop me.” Pyro said as he walked away.

Just as Agua finished mending Cryo’s body, he rushed over to Pyro and grabbed him by the tail.

“Pyro, normally I don’t care about your safety because you can handle yourself pretty well. But you are severely injured. Right now your help would surely do us no good. Sit this one out. And that goes for you too, Frosty.” He finished at Cryo.

“But…Pinkie…” Cryo moaned.

“And Twilight…” Pyro added.

“Will be safe. I’ll take care of it.” Agua finished and looked over to his yellow sister. “Yo! Leaf lover! Hot head and Frosty need some protection!”

Terra shamefully responded to the nickname she was called. She would have gone over there and kicked his ass for it, but now was not the time. Seeing her two brothers made her realize Agua was right. She and Applejack rushed to assist them to cover while Agua rejoined the fight in between Twilight and Pinkie.

“The smaller ones aren’t the ones I’m worried about!” Twilight cried. “If Typhoon can’t stop that big serpent thing on her own, what are we supposed to do?”

“I don’t know!” Agua shouted. “Just keep shooting! We’ll figure it out later! There’s just one and I think Ty has it covered!”

That was the moment everything seemed to stop happening. The remaining Shadowmares all froze in place and their bodies poofed into smoke just like the others did.

“Oh fuck I just jinxed it.” Agua slapped his head.

There were now two giant serpentine creatures hovering in the sky above the castle. Needless to say, at this point, fear was a valid emotion to feel. Some of them didn’t want to show it but all of them were feeling it.

Then something whizzed by the new serpents face in a small pink blur. It was Typhoon who was still trying to think of a plan to defeat them. So far she had nothing.

“She doesn’t think she can actually win against those things does she?” Shining Armor wondered. “All she has to work with is air.”

“You would be surprised what air can do.”

That voice made almost all the present ponies jump. Turing around, the workers of the castle bowed down to Princess Luna. With a flat face, she walked up to the window next to her sister.

“How are they doing?” she asked.

“Gem is in the medical tower. But they’re holding up.” Celestia answered. “And where have you been? Last I checked it didn’t take that long to bring forth the night.”

“I finished nearly half an hour ago.” Luna replied with a glance. “I’ve just been talking with a few old friends of ours about this situation.”

“Really? Who?” the eldest asked.

Luna stared down through the window at Agua. She watched him take out Shadowmares one by one with his hydrokinetic abilities. She took notice of the look he had on his face.

“Strong but not there yet.” She muttered.

“What was that?” even though it was barely audible, Celestia heard it.

“Agua is his name?” Luna went on. “His form is flawless and his movements are near perfection. But there’s so much more potential to his powers. If only he could realize it.”

“Luna, you never answered my question. Who were you talking with?”

Never mind the fact that she had no idea how Luna suddenly became an expert in hydrokinesis, Celestia still wanted to know what friends the moon goddess was referring to. She was about to give an answer, but another roar from the two giant serpents distracted her and the rest of them. Looking up, they saw Typhoon starting to climb high into the sky. Her tactic was to try and lead them up and away from everypony else so she could deal with them. Only downside was she still had no idea how to do that. She must have flown around those things’ bodies countless times and she still didn’t find a weakness.

She was now above the clouds and one of the serpents went ahead of her. Turning to the left she tried to lure them far away from the city but she never got the chance to try. The tail of the serpent ahead of her lashed out and smacked her across the head quite hard. She remained dizzy for a few seconds and tried to keep herself conscious but she just couldn’t do it. She went out and started to plummet to the ground. To add insult to injury in a sense, the other shadow serpent that just breached the cloud also smacked the pink pegasus with its tail making her fall faster.

When she breached the bottom side of the clouds, she was seem by everypony else.

“Oh no! Typhoon!” Rarity cried.

“I think she’s out cold!” Rainbow added

The rainbow maned pegasus started to fly for Typhoon to catch her. But she didn’t even get off the ground. She had forgotten her wing had been injured preventing her from taking off. Immediatley Agua went over and started to mizu-mend her as fast as he could.

Fluttershy remained stiff. She was scared timid. She had never felt more scared in her entire life than she had right now. As her partner got closer to the ground, all she did was stare.

Pyro, still hurt, was trying his best to stand up and fly to his sister’s rescue. But the pain in his body wouldn’t let him. Twilight was advising against it too. Celestia was about to open the door and soar to save Typhoon, but something stopped her.

Fluttershy had in a second broke out in tears, found her voice, and shouted at the top of her lungs.

“TYYYYYPHOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!”

Light. At the end of Fluttershy’s scream, light began to shine and it was coming from her neck. Her element of kindness necklace had appeared around her neck and the butterfly shaped charm was glowing white not it’s respective color like Pinkie’s and Twilight’s did. But white. Looking back up at the falling pegasus, they had noticed that her flank was also glowing bright white along the outline of her symbol mark.

Her eyes opened up. And they were glowing too.

Her wings opened back up and Typhoon leveled herself out. She then threw out her hooves to the sides. From below her, a flat whirlwind began to spin and she stood upon. Her strength rapidly returned and amplified gratuitously.

A few moments later, Fluttershy’s eyes and cutie marks began to glow white as well. So did the mark on her necklace.

“Fluttershy? Are you alright?” Twilight asked her noticing the glow.

The pegasus gave no answer. All she did was flatten her eyelids, spread her wings, and lift up into the air in the trail of her partner. She wasn’t flapping her wings though to ascend. When her hooves lifted from the ground, Twilight and the others nearby felt a strong breeze push up against them.

“Did she just…?” Applejack muttered.

As she rose up to Typhoon’s altitude, her position switched so her body was pointed straight for the sky and her head faced forward. Her front hooves were held out to their sides, and everypony from below could see a sphere of air surrounding her body. Two serpents and two mares to face them now floated in the sky.

One of them tried unleashing another giant dark beam. Typhoon acted quickly. She started to fly straight for the beam and blinding speed all the while the air around her began to spin rapidly almost looking like a spear and a comet made solely of wind. Right before she went down the throat of the giant snakelike creature, she pulled up sharply and drove herself through the skull. After she breached the head, the serpent began to cry out in pain. Then to everyone’s surprise, it completely evaporated and didn’t regenerate.

That left one more to take out. Typhoon stopped spinning and looked down at Fluttershy with a deadpan expression on her mouth. The remaining serpent roared loudly at the pastel yellow pegasus with glowing eyes. The roar surprisingly did absolutely nothing to Fluttershy. Staying right where she was in the air, she lifted up her front hooves and slowly began to wave them around in various motions. In front of her, a whirlwind began to spin.

The suspicions of her ground bound were confirmed. Fluttershy was using aerokinesis. She was born and raised in Equestria with Equestrian parents. Everypony knew that. But right here at this moment, she was using a power only known to be used in Alamante.

With a small yell of power and a push of her hooves forward, Fluttershy unleashed her attack. A large blast of air was sent right for the serpent and almost like a tentacle of sorts, the air was forced into the creature’s mouth. While the air was still gushing down into its throat, Fluttershy executed her next move and quickly moved her hooves to the sides. The shadow snake didn’t have a chance. The air Fluttershy forced inside its body evolved into a giant sphere of whirling wind that expanded from the inside until it ripped the serpent in half by making it grow big enough to the point where it just couldn’t fit anymore. The serpent dissolved.

And everyone else still on the ground had their jaws dropped. Even Celestia and Luna were in a state of shock.

“Did you see that just now?!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Um how could I miss it? It was only the most incredible wind moving I’ve ever seen!” Terra answered.

“And…it came from…Fluttershy.” Rarity was still having trouble processing that.

The wind had died down and the two pegasi looked at each other one last time before their eyes closed and they both passed out. Both of them began to fall this time. But Twilight was able to catch them with her magic and set them gently on the ground. As she did, their cutie marks stopped glowing and Flutterhy’s necklace of kindness and vanished.

“Ty? Ty come on girl! Wake up!” Terra lightly shook her sister.

“Fluttershy? Are you alright?” Rainbow Dash nudged her body.

There came no response from either of them. The yellow mare placed a hoof to her pink friend’s neck. She was relieved to feel her pulse. But she still wanted her to wake up.

She felt a hoof on her own. She looked and saw it was the orange hoof of her partner.

“It’s okay, Terra. Ah think she’s just exhausted.”

Twilight collapsed herself breathing deeply.

“I think it’s safe to say we’re ALL exhausted.” She stated.

It was true. Those who weren’t already lying on the ground were feeling a fair amount of fatigue themselves. Before them, Celestia appeared via teleportation and offered a hoof to help Twilight stand back up.

“We should get all of you to the medical tower.” Celestia advised. “Gem is already there.”

None of them argued with that. Although Agua stated he was perfectly fine, Rarity still wanted him to be checked out by a doctor so they could all be sure. Celestia helped Twilight carry Pyro and Cryo who were still very week and in need of immediate medical attention. Terra’s arm and Applejacks back needed to be looked at too. As well as Rainbow Dash’s wing. Agua forgot to finish mizu-mending it when he saw Typhoon begin to glow.

It was a long grueling battle. But it was won. All of them only hoped they could keep up the streak of victories.