• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 9,611 Views, 467 Comments

The Adventures of the Elementals - AutoKnight01



Twilight and friends learn to combine the elements of harmony with those of naure to save Equestria

  • ...
45
 467
 9,611

Ponyville's New Residents

I only own my OCs and the plot. Enjoy.

The Adventures of the Elementals

Chapter 6: Ponyville’s New Residents

Twilight and her friends still weren’t one hundred percent sure this idea was the best one, but if Princess Celestia was going along with it, they had to at least think it was the right thing to do. After the teleportation was complete, the Elements of Harmony found themselves back inside the rock that the six Alamantians called their home. But now it was time to leave it for good. The six foreign ponies all had to pack their stuff and leave.

Pyro lit up the giant torches that acted as their source of light and then each of the six went off to their own rooms to get everything they owned. Their new partners all respectively followed. Each of them had their own room themed to their liking.

Cryo’s room was chock full of snow hills and ice patches. Pinkie Pie of course jumped for joy because she loved to ice-skate. As Cryo began to pack his things, Pinkie skated on the ice with her bare hooves humming a random melody melody.

Terra’s room was more rocky and dirtier. There were even small caves and underground tunnels that Terra dug herself. Applejack was quite impressed with the work Terra put into that room. But as soon as she entered, Terra hid an object from Applejack. Applejack caught a glimpse of it. She couldn’t tell what it was before Terra covered it up with a blanket.

“What’s under the blanket, pardner?” she asked.

Terra knew full well what was under there. But she didn’t want to tell. What she had…was a very expensive water pipe. A bong to be more specific. Yes. There’s a reason Agua calls her a hippy. Terra smokes the leaf.

“Um….nothing.” she lied right off the bat.

“O….kay.” Applejack wasn’t sure to let it go or not.

The country mare did anyway knowing sooner or later she’d find out. As soon as she turned her head, Terra tossed the bong into her duffel bag along with a big brown paper bag filled with the contents that go with the bong itself.

Typhoon’s room was very interesting to Fluttershy. It was pink and filled with beauty products indicating she was very into her own image. Every single piece of furniture in there was cloud. It was like Rainbow Dash’s whole house. But the thing that caught Fluttershy’s attention was the dresser over in the corner decked out in purple paint and white stars. On top of it were all kinds of books that related to psychic skills and mind books.

Fluttershy walked over to it and took a look at one of the books. And then she looked at the page that was marked. Chapter 14: The Temporal Barrier.

Typhoon was using a few light breezes she created to carry some of the lighter stuff over to her own case. Then she looked and noticed Fluttershy looking at her books.

“Zose are my telepathy books.” She said in that french accent of hers. “Zey help me to learn more and more about mind transfer and whatnot.”

“I’m sure Twilight would love to get her hooves on books like these.” Fluttershy said. “Knowing her love of magic, she’d go bananas.”

“Oh, zose books would be of no use to Twilight.” Typhoon said. “She may be extremely gifted with magic, but telepathy is not a mere spell you can learn. One must be born with such power.”

“Okay then. How were YOU born with that kind of power?” Fluttershy asked very interested in knowing how.

Typhoon went silent for a moment before she gave Fluttershy an answer.

“Nopony knows. My mama and papa don’t have ze power. Eet must be something different about my genetics. Zat’s ze only reason I’ve ever come up with.”

Fluttershy decided to drop it right there. She didn’t want to dig too much into her past and suspicious to Typhoon. She wanted to trust her. And she wanted Typhoon to trust her.

“So…what ees eet you do, Fluttershy?” Typhoon asked wanting to know a bit more about her.

Fluttershy closed the book and put it back on the dresser.

“I take care of animals of all kinds.” Fluttershy answered. “It sounds simple but it’s really hard at times.”

“I can imagine.” Typhoon answered. “Eef you like animals go to Agua’s room. He’s the only one out of all of us who has a pet.”

“Oh my! I’ll be right back to help you pack!”

Fluttershy dashed out of Typhoon’s room and went to find Agua’s. She spotted Rarity and the blue stallion about to enter it and when she got closer, Rarity asked why she was there.

“Sorry to intrude, but Typhoon told me Agua has a pet. And if it’s no trouble…well…may I see it?”

Considering the way Fluttershy’s seen Agua treat others around him, she was quite nervous being this close to him. But his glare was not present at this time. It was just a straight face that showed no identifiable emotion.

“Sure, he’s right inside.”

He was allowing her access. And then he opened up the stone door to his room and the two mares were absolutely blown away.

Agua may be a jerk, but his room was magnificent. The stone walls had various holes and they were all pouring out the clearest water they had ever seen into small pools below. And in the center, there was a large pond.

“If you wanna see him, he’s in that pool.” Agua pointed for Fluttershy.

Fluttershy hovered over to the small pond and looked all around the water for Agua’s pet. But she couldn’t find it. There was nothing moving in there. All she could see were some plants which were pretty but not alive.

“Agua, there’s nothing in here.” She pointed out.

Then Agua came over and looked around the pond.

“Yeah there is. Look right down there.” Agua pointed again to the bottom of the pond.

And then Fluttershy and Rarity saw it. Agua’s pet wasn’t a fish. It was a very large creature with a very hard and gorgeous shell. As Fluttershy identified what the thing was, Agua went over to his closet and fetched a very large aquatic tank for the creature to fit in.

“Is that a giant clam?” Fluttershy asked him.

“Yes. Yes he is.” Agua answered as he rolled the tank over. “This is Bobo. I found him near the shoreline of the ocean back home a few years ago and I adopted him. Isn’t he just awesome?”

Fluttershy got closer to the pond looked closely while Agua used his hydrokinesis to keep the water perfectly still so she could see through the water clearly. Bobo was a very colorful creature with a shell of many colors. And inside the shell, the body was a brilliant blue.

“Don’t they only live in coral reefs?” Fluttershy asked.

Fluttershy was an expert on all animals both above and below water. So she knew all about the natural habitat of a giant clam.

“Yes they do. But I was able to make a mock reef in this pond.” Then Agua jumped into the water and splashed Fluttershy and Rarity a little bit.

The blue pony of water made his way down to the bottom of the small artificial reef he create and picked up his pet clam in a sphere of water. Something that really strained Agua because Bobo weighs nearly five hundred pounds at minimum. If he wasn’t able to breathe underwater, Agua might have died from trying to carry Bobo up. But both the clam and Agua breached the water with Bobo still surrounded in a ball of water.

“Come on, Bobo. We gotta get you into your tank.”

“Um…” Rarity hoped he wasn’t serious. “You plan to bring that giant creature into my house?”

Then a deep voice, a VERY deep voice spoke.

“You got a problem with clams, prissy?”

That wasn’t Agua’s voice. It was the clam’s. Apparently like some of the other animals in the world of Equestria, Bobo could talk. And his voice was very deep.

“Did…that thing just talk?” Rarity asked scared of the answer.

“Yeah. I can talk. And I’m not just any creature. I’m a clam. A GIANT one. And all I want is respect, and for Agua to remember to scrub my shell every week.”

“And I remember.” Agua added. “And who’s the most awesome clam in all the world?”

“I am.”

“Damn straight.”

The dynamic between Agua and his pet clam seemed a bit strange. It made the two girls in the room feel uneasy. So Fluttershy left to go aide Typhoon with packing her things and left Rarity to deal with Agua and Bobo. Agua pulled out a rather large aquatic tank and filled it up by moving some of the water from Bobo’s pond to the tank. Then he placed the clam inside.

Gem’s room was decked out with all sorts of weird gismos and mechanical tools that Rainbow Dash couldn’t identify. But there were several giant mechanisms that caught her attention. They all looked like weird rod looking things with balls on the tips. There were about ten in total all around Gem’s room.

Rainbow flew up to one and tapped on the tip.

“Hey, Gem. What are these things?” the pegasus asked her partner.

“Tesla coils.” Gem answered. “Those are what I use to practice my powers with. They create plasma.”

“Cool.” Rainbow then moved out of the way as Gem used her magic to get a hold of all ten coils, shrink them, and then place them in her bag. “Uh…where do you plan on putting those when you get to my house?”

Gem froze up and looked down at her hooves.

“I can leave them here if you want me to.”

She sounded just like Fluttershy tone and all.

“Bring em’. We’ll find a place for them.”

Gem smiled and continued packing. She used a shrinking spell on her coils and placed them all in a custom case made just for them.

The packing went a lot faster in Pyro’s room. Spike was fine in there, but Twilight was already sweating like a pig due to the extreme heat in the unicorn’s room. His room consisted of many torches, fire pits, and even a small pool of lava. She wasn’t sure if the lava was real.

“Is that ACTUAL hot lava?” she asked him.

“Yes it is.” He answered. “It’s lava from the magma river near the volcano.”

“Volcano?” Twilight was confused. “I didn’t know there were any volcanoes here in Equestria.”

“It’s in the Everfree Forest.” Pyro went on. “If you go in deep enough, you’ll find the base of a volcano and there’s a river of lava that flows from it.”

That explained it. Twilight was also not very fond of the Everfree Forest like her friends weren’t either.

“Okay. So why do you have a pool of lava?” Spike asked.

And then Pyro did something Twilight and Spike thought was crazy. He jumped into the lava pool. They thought he was dead. They thought his flesh was being burned to soup in that pool. But no. He was still solid and unharmed. In fact, he didn’t even wince.

“It’s my bathtub.” He said.

Now that was weird to both Spike and Twilight.

“You take a bath in hot lava?” Spike asked to be sure he wasn’t talking wrong. “I can do it no problem since I’m a dragon and all, but I never thought any kind of pony could.”

“I do every night.” He said. “I tried a normal shower once. But the bathroom turned into a sauna. The only time I ever get in water is when I’m near the ocean or in a small pool to make it a hot tub for relaxing.”

“But….the lava…does it actually clean you?” Twilight asked curious.

“For anyone of the Ember Tribe, yes. My body is built to withstand the most extreme burns imaginable. Being a pony of fire. All the others can withstand their elements all the same. Cryo can have a picnic in a blizzard, Terra dances to earthquakes and so on.”

“Okay.” Twilight understood. “You know the lava isn’t going anywhere near my house right?”

“I’m aware of that.” Pyro answered.

About an hour later, everyone met up in the main hall. Everypony had their stuff packed and was ready to go. Terra took a final look around. It was hard to leave this place for the six Alamantians.

“Hard to believe we lived in this rock for nearly three years.” She muttered.

Then Pyro took a look at the walls of the rock he called home for years.

“This boulder has served us well.” he said. “But now is the time to leave it behind and move on. Elements, gather your things and prepare to teleport.”

Just as they began to pick up their bags, and Agua got a good hold on Bobo’s tank, something very wrong transpired.

The whole place began to violently shake making everypony lose their balance and grip on their belongings.

“WHAT’S GOING ON?” Rarity screamed.

“IT’S NOT ME! I SWEAR!” Terra shouted at equal volume.

“BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

That laugh. They knew it from only a few hours before.

“It’s Nightmare!” Spike shouted.

“You all will die!” Nightmare’s voice came again.

“Elements! Grab your partner and teleport to Ponyville now!” Pyro ordered.

“What about all our stuff?” Cryo shouted at him.

“There isn’t time, Cryo!” Terra agreed with Pyro.

The yellow earth pony just grabbed one small bag she considered to be the most valuable and left the others behind.

“Applejack! Get over here!” she shouted.

With all the shaking, Applejack found it very difficult to run. But she got herself over to Terra and they both wrapped their hooves around each other in a tight grip. Then Terra concentrated and turned both her body and Applejack’s into a big ball of dirt as they teleported up and out of the rock.

“Rainbow!” Gem shouted.

“Fluttershy! Come to me!” Typhoon told her partner.

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash flew to Typhoon and Gem respectively. Gem and Rainbow turned into a single ball of purple glowing energy and Typhoon and Fluttershy teleported away in the form of a gray swish of wind.

“Pinkie Pie! I got you!” Cryo, despite all the shaking, managed to jump his way over to Pinkie with only one of his suitcases.

“Hang on!” Agua shouted as he grabbed hold of Rarity and Bobo’s tank.

The roof was starting to come down on them. Agua and Rarity took the form of a ball of clear water and Cryo and Pinkie followed them as a big snowball leaving a trail.

“Pyro! Help!” Twilight called.

Twilight’s teleporting ability was nowhere near the level of Pyro’s. She couldn’t do it herself. Grabbing only one of the three bags he had packed with his magical grip, Pyro rushed over to Twilight and got a good hold of both her and Spike.

“Don’t worry! We’re all okay!”

With that said, Pyro turned the three of them into one big ball of fire and it soared out of the hole in the ceiling. As it did, they grew to normal size and made their way to Ponyville. As they made their exit, the rock gave off a rather large explosion making the smoke and a few flames visible from Ponyville.

The boom was heard and everypony stopped what they were doing to look at the smoke coming from Whitetail Wood. Applejack’s little sister and her two friends, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle had also taken notice.

“Mah stars. What happened?” Applebloom wondered.

“Maybe Snips and Snails found some fireworks and thought the fuse was shorter than it looked.” Scootaloo thought with a chuckle.

“Look up there! What is that?” Sweetie Belle looked up and saw a big ball of dirt coming right for Ponyville.

Everypony saw the dirtball and assumed it was a threat. So they all began to fear it. And when it crashed down, they expected it to explode or something. Everypony covered their face with their hooves. After a few seconds of nothing happening, they all looked and saw the ball of dirt take on the shape of two ponies. The dirt vanished and the actual ponies were seen along with a single suitcase.

“Applejack?” Applebloom saw her sister. “How did you do that?”

Applejack was too busy recovering from the teleportation to answer. And then a ball of plasma and wind came crashing down followed by one of ice, water, and then finally fire. When all the ponies had their shapes back, they didn’t even notice that everypony in town had shocked stares pointed right at them. The six Alamantians just looked at the smoke coming from the woods.

“Our home….gone.” Typhoon muttered.

“There’s nothing more we can do, Typhoon.” Pyro said. “Let us just be glad we all made it out of there alive.”

Then Pyro looked at his partner and the dragon on her back.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah. I’m alright.” Twilight answered. “What about the rest of you?”

Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow, Fluttershy, and Pinkie all mumbled yes in their own way. But it was then they noticed that every single pony within the general vicinity was staring at them.

“Did you see that?” A cream colored mare said out loud. “Who are they?”

That’s when the six Elements of Harmony took a closer look at the direction the folks were looking. They were staring at Pyro and the other five foreign ponies.

Just then, the mayor of the city came through and stood in front of Pyro. She looked at him with very suspicious eyes.

“You look familiar.” She said. “Have you passed through here before?”

“Can’t say that I have.” Pyro honestly said. “And you are?”

“I’m the mayor of the town you’re standing in.” the tan mare replied. “And since I just saw you and your friends here fly away from the sight of the explosion, I demand to know what happened out there.”

“Um…hold on, Mayor.” Twilight had to do something here. So she stepped in front of Pyro. “My friends and I were with them. It was just some crazy pony who got a hold of some fireworks and didn’t know how short the fuse was. But it wasn’t any of these guys. I can vouch for them. They’re friends of mine.”

The Mayor seemed to like that. Scootaloo grinned knowing her theory was correct. It really wasn’t but Twilight’s words made her think it was.

“Ah. More of your friends from Canterlot?” The mayor asked Twilight.

“What? No.” Terra answered. “We’re from Alamante. You know? The country across the ocean from you guys?”

The ponies in the background began to mumble again right after Terra stopped talking. None of them thought that was a good sign. Agua hit Terra a bit harshly on her shoulder.

“Way to go, Terra. You just screwed us.” He angrily mumbled.

But two seconds later, the mayor smiled at them.

“Welcome to Ponyville!” she sounded like she was actually happy to meet them.

And their much to their surprise, all the other citizens of Ponyville smiled as well towards them.

“It’s always a pleasure to have travelers come through our parts. But we’ve never had Alamantians come along. What brings you here?” the mayor asked.

It was safe for them. They all sighed in relief.

“Unfortunately the war back in our home brought us here.” Cryo honestly answered. “We just had to get away from there. So we bailed and came here.”

That was only half the truth. None of them could speak that Nightmare Moon was on the hunt for them. They would get run out of town.

“Well you are always welcome in Ponyville. Please make yourselves comfortable.” The mayor assured them as she walked away.

That left all twelve of the recently teleported ponies in a state of relief greater than the first one. They were welcome to stay.

“That was close.” Gem muttered.

“No kidding.” Cryo agreed.

“What was close?” Rainbow asked as she and the others approached them.

“Well…..from what we’ve heard around when we snooped around here cloaked for food, we got the idea that most ponies hate Alamantians.” Gem explained.

“What? Why on Earth would they hate you?” Rarity asked.

“Because of the war back home.” Terra took that one. “Everypony knows about it and they’ve gotten the sense that all Alamantians are blood-thirsty, violent craving savages.”

The six of them seemed a bit upset over it. Even Agua seemed a little down. But Twilight was sure no one in Ponyville acted like that.

“Are you sure it was the people here and not the ones in Canterlot?” Rainbow Dash asked. “I’ve been there before and those ponies are so stuck-up it’s not even funny.”

“Hey!” Twilight shouted. “I was born there! Remember?”

“Yes, Sugarcube. You were born there. But then you came down here and we Ponyvilled you.” Applejack had a good point.

Twilight isn’t very in tune with her Canterlot self anymore. She’s more Ponyville now.

“It might have been Canterlot.” Cryo answered. “It’s been a while since any of have even been outside before today.”

They got that. They needed to stay hidden. But now they were welcome amongst the people and they couldn’t be happier.

“Applejack!”

That was Applejack’s little sister. The three cutie mark crusaders saw everything from when they all finished teleporting.

“Oh uh…Applebloom. How long have you been here?” Applejack asked the three kids.

“We saw everything. But how did you do that, Rarity?” Sweetie Belle asked her sister. “You were a ball of water! That was cool!”

“And Rainbow you were….you were…..what exactly did you turn in to?” Scootaloo wasn’t very sure what element she saw Rainbow transform from.

“That was plasma squirt.” Rainbow answered.

“Okay. Shall we all get settled then?” Pyro suggested.

And they agreed. The Alamantians al grabbed the bags they took with them before the rock exploded and made their way towards Applejack’s place because it was closest.

Their problems however were just beginning. They narrowly escaped death no less than ten minutes ago. And they were all thankful that they were able to avoid it thanks to their new Alamantian friends. If they thought THAT was hard, then they were in for a big surprise in the days to come.