• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 9,613 Views, 467 Comments

The Adventures of the Elementals - AutoKnight01



Twilight and friends learn to combine the elements of harmony with those of naure to save Equestria

  • ...
45
 467
 9,613

Party With Jagger

I only own my OC’s and the plot.

The Adventures of the Elementals

Chapter 10: Party with Jagger

Shortly after he finished breakfast with Rose, Pyro didn’t have to walk through much of the town to find his new friends and siblings. Not surprising to him, when he got there, Agua was yelling at somepony. At first the unicorn of fire thought he was yelling at Terra like always. But when he got a good enough angle, he saw differently. Agua was arguing with was Cryo.

It was a rare occurrence for Cryo to actually get into a heated argument with anypony. And even here it still didn’t look like Cryo was actually yelling at him. Agua would yell, and Cryo would calmly argue back without raising his voice.

It turns out Pyro’s hunch was right. Agua was pissed he got frozen from behind. And when they all saw Pyro approach them, Agua turned away from Cryo and went up to the leader of the elements.

“So do you wanna explain what the hell you were doing having breakfast with that girl?” he demanded.

Everypony else just groaned.

“Ten bits says this one ends up getting physical.” Rainbow Dash muttered to Applejack.

“Yer on.” Applejack agreed to the wager.

With a bet now going on, those two mares listened intently to the fight.

“She was just apologizing for hitting me last night! That’s it! What is it to you anyway?”

“What it is, is that we’re supposed to be keeping ourselves scarce. And now you’ve just made yourself acquainted with an innocent mare. She’s friends with you now. Which means you’ve just made her a possible target for Nightmare.”

“Hey! Shhhhh. Keep your voice down about that.” Twilight muttered from behind. “Nopony here wants anypony else to know that Nightmare Moon is back. Understand?”

Agua did understand that. And Pyro sort of understood what Agua was getting at. But the fire pony could see it in his eyes. Agua wasn’t just concerned for Rose which he barely was. He was jealous.

“Oh I see what this is.” Pyro had the guts to say it. “You’re just pissed because I made a friend and it happens to be a girl. Whereas you, my unlikable brother, couldn’t get a girlfriend if he put an ad in the paper.”

Agua began to growl louder than ever at him. Rainbow began to smile thinking she was about to get some money.

“Don’t….you….dare go there with me.” The blue stallion hissed. “What makes you think she won’t rip out your heart and stomp on it? How do you know she won’t hurt you? I’ve seen it before Pyro. Tons of my friends had their hearts shattered by tramps. I don’t want to see the same thing happen to you.”

“A tramp? She’s not a tramp. She’s…..”

Pyro stopped short upon hearing precisely what Agua had just spoken to him.

“So you’re saying….you’re concerned about my feelings. How sweet, Agua.”

Agua’s face dropped upon realizing what he said.

“Oh….you….just…..aw the hell with it.”

“You ARE a good brother.” Pyro didn’t stop.

Agua just groaned and smacked his forehead.

“And one more thing. I have no intention of dating Rose. It was one breakfast. She and I are friends. That’s it.”

“For now at least.”

That came from Rarity.

“Excuse me?” Pyro asked for her to say it again.

“Oh it’s….nothing.” Rarity fibbed seeing the look in Rose’s eyes from before.

Of course Pyro caught on to what she meant. He thought it was nonsense. So he waved it off. Seeing how the fight was over between the two males, Rainbow bitterly gave ten bits to Applejack.

“They get verbal. Not physical.” Applejack slickly mentioned.

Rainbow immediately regretted making that bet with her. She should have figured they wouldn’t hurt each other after listening to the fight they had at Canterlot Castle yesterday. Two seconds later she forgot all about it. Because finally Pinkie Pie was able to drag them all to Sugarcube Corner. Her place of residence.

“I still don’t understand why it’s so important we see your house, Pinkie.” Terra said. “I mean no offense. I’m sure it’s filled with sugar like you said but seriously. What gives?”

“Oh you silly rocky girl!” Pinkie Pie was walking backwards nose to nose with Terra. “You can’t call yourself an official pony of Ponyville until you’ve had a treat from Sugarcube Corner.”

“For the record Terra, I had a few of them last night. They really are quite delicious.” Cryo added to his partner’s enthusiasm.

Pinkie nodded in agreement and Terra gave a shrug.

“Well if Cryo says anything is good, I listen to him.” Terra said.

Pinkie gave a squee as she smiled. Then soon, they were all going up the stairs of Sugarcube Corner. Typhoon’s face went weird for a second sensing something. Nopony noticed. Her telepathy had just told her what was going to happen.

As soon as Pinkie opened up the door, they all saw that it was dark inside. When Pinkie flipped on the light….

“SURPRISE!”

Typhoon was the only one there out of the six Alamantians who didn’t almost have a heart attack. Nearly half the town of Ponyville was inside the bakery. The whole place was decked out with balloons streamers and a huge banner that read, “Welcome to Equestria!”

“Surprise!” Pinkie added. “This party is just for the six of you!”

All the Alamantians smiled at that. Pinkie Pie went out of the way to put together a big welcome party just for them. They all appreciated her work.

….well….almost all of them.

“A party?” Agua repeated not sounding very thrilled. “Okay. I’m out.”

Agua began to turn to walk out the door. Pinkie’s face grew a sad expression when he started to get closer to the door. But before Agua could open it, his whole body became enveloped in an orange glow and he froze, unable to move.

Pyro’s horn was glowing the same color and he used his magic to lift Agua up and levitate him away from the door. The two stallions then glared at each other for the second time that day.

“Put me down, Pyro.” Agua warned him.

“Agua, Pinkie worked very hard to put this party together for us. Now either you stay and try and enjoy yourself or so help me Alamante I will turn you into steam.”

Pyro rarely gave out threats. But Agua is a special case. The pony of water was about to argue against him but then he saw Pinkie Pie’s face and how sad it looked. The bubbly eyes, the trembling bottom lip. He may be a jerk but he does draw the line at making ponies cry. Although he did screw that up with Rarity yesterday.

Just because of Pinkie’s face, he admitted defeat.

“Oh alright.”

With that, Pyro released his grip on Agua.

“Thank you.” He muttered.

“Bite me.” Agua said back.

With that, Agua went off on his own while the others just glared at him from behind. Spike however hopped off Gem’s back and went to go and find some small gemstones for himself. Pinkie was always kind enough to lay out a special plate of them just for him.

“What is his problem?” Rainbow asked anypony.

“You know that part of the body where kindness and all that good stuff comes from?” Terra responded. “Well….I think Agua was born without it.”

“Oh come on now. Y’all can’t possibly know if he’s been like this his whole life.” Applejack reasoned.

“He has for as long as we’ve known heem.” Typhoon added. “As for hees whole life, nopony knows.”

“Oh who cares how he became a jerk?” Twilight spoke. “Let’s just forget about it and have a good time at this party.”

“Yeah! A party with six guests of honor! Let’s rock!” Pinkie added.

“Hold up!” Cryo stopped Pinkie from bouncing off because he spotted something. “Pinkie….are those my records?”

Cryo pointed over to the record player Pinkie had set up in the corner of the room. Sitting next to it was a large case of vinyl albums. Each of them were marked with Cryo’s symbol of ice to signify his ownership of them.

“Yeah. I hope you don’t mind, Cryo. But I thought you might like hearing some of your own music.” Pinkie explained.

The song playing right now was one nearly nopony recognized. Only the six Alamantians knew what it was. The label on the record read, “I Got A Feeling”.

Knowing the song by heart, Cryo closed his eyes and bobbed his head.

“Nah, I don’t mind, Pinkie.”

Pinkie brightened up even more when she heard that. Then they all took off in their own directions. Fluttershy introduced Typhoon to a few of her friends such as Berry Punch and Carrot Top. Those two were quite pleased to meet Typhoon and it brought the pegasus of wind much joy.

The three little Cutie Mark Crusaders were also present at the party. All they could talk about was the new ponies.

“So how do you think they got their powers?” Scootaloo asked. “Toxic waste?”

“No. That’s just silly.” Sweetie Belle argued. “They obviously got them from a freak science experiment gone wrong.”

“No way. You two are both wrong.” Applebloom put in her say. “Ah asked Miss Terra last night. They were all naturally born with their powers.”

That seemed to confuse Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“They were born that way?” Sweetie Belle asked. “Why couldn’t I be born an Alamantian?”

“Totally! I’d LOVE to have superpowers like them!” Scootaloo agreed.

All three of them agreed to that. Just when they start debating which element they would want to control, the door opened up and two more fillies walked into the bakery party. The crusaders groaned upon seeing them one pink with a tiara and another gray one with glasses. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. The class bullies.

“Well if it isn’t the three blank flanks.” Silver Spoon taunted them already upon spotting them.

Looking past that, the five fillies began to argue group to group.

“What are you two doing here?” Applebloom asked her two miniature enemies.

“Pinkie Pie invited us to welcome the Alamantians.” Diamond Tiara answered. “Why are YOU here?”

“Ah live with one of ‘em now.” Applebloom replied.

“Me too.” Sweetie Belle added.

“You….LIVE with those…..freaks?” Silver Spoon said in a snobby and surprised tone.

“Freaks?” Scootaloo thought this was madness. “They’re not freaks. They’re totally cool! You should see what they can do!”

“What they can do is exactly why they’re freaks.” Diamond Tiara said. “They don’t belong here. This is one party that shouldn’t be happening.”

She went on to say more. But she had no idea there was a certain blue stallion standing right behind her and Silver Spoon. The crusaders saw him but decided it would be funnier to not tell her he was there.

“They’re all just a bunch of crazy ponies who tore their own country apart. And I can guarantee you that the only reason they’re here is to make us do the same.”

The crusaders were right. It was funnier. Agua glared down at the two of them as she kept insulting Alamante and the six present ponies from there.

“The way they can move around water and dirt and stuff, it just labels them as freaks of nature and nothing more.”

“No. We’re not freaks of nature. We ARE nature. Period.”

That voice was a male stallions and it made Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon turn white. Slowly, they turned around and saw the big blue stallion of water glaring down at both of them at the same time.

“Uh….hi there.” Silver Spoon said frightened. “We’re really happy you and the other ponies could…”

“Shut up.” He growled.

“Yes sir.” Silver squeeked.

Wanting to make this quick, Agua decided to make them terrifying them easy.

“Tell me something. How old are you two?”

“Um…..we’re nine. Why?” Diamond Tiara answered.

“Really? Shame.”

“Um….why is that a shame?” Silver Spoon muttered.

“Because if you were only a year older, I would have gone to town.” Agua proudly said.

That was enough to leave Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon speechless in fear as Agua walked away. As soon as he was far enough, Sweetie Belle approached them.

“He’s the one I live with.” She said to her two classmates.

“Y….you live with…..that guy? Doesn’t he scare you the least bit?” Silver Spoon asked.

“No. I overheard the reason he’s there. He’s protecting my sister and me. So he can’t hurt me.”

“Protecting you?” Diamond Tiara asked suspiciously. “Protecting you from what?”

Sweetie Belle never got the chance to answer that question. Because two seconds later, the door opened up and two much bigger ponies walked through the doors. Both of them sporting both horns and wings.

Everypony bowed down upon seeing the Princesses of Equestria enter the bakery. The two shopkeepers rushed up to them smiling wide.

“Uh….Princess Celestia! Princess Luna! What are you doing here?” Mrs. Cake asked shocked that the two princesses would show up unannounced.

“Luna and I received an invitation to this party welcoming our new Alamantian friends. And seeing as how the two of us had nothing urgent to attend to today, we decided to drop by and say hello.” Celestia explained.

“We hope it is not an inconvenience.” Luna added.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake nervously laughed as they gazed upon the two princesses.

“An inconvenience? You two? What nonsense.” Mr. Cake declared.

“We are always honored to have such regal guests in our establishment.” Mrs. Cake agreed. “Just uh…please mind that we have two babies asleep upstairs.”

“Absolutely.” Celestia and Luna both chimed.

“And congratulations.” Luna added.

After the Cakes thanked her, Celestia and Luna parted ways. Celestia immediately found Twilight standing next to Pyro. The two of them hadn’t noticed the princesses walked in.

“So…in your country…you have cockatrices for meals?” Twilight asked.

“Yes.” Pyro answered. “It’s an Alamantian delicacy. Especially popular in the Ember and Geo tribes.”

“But….but….it’s meat! You’re a pony! Ponies don’t eat meat!” Twilight complain.

“Maybe not here. But in Alamante, we do. Grass just doesn’t cut it for us. Our bodies are much different than yours.” Pyro argued back.

“Yeah. Typhoon gave me a little heads up on that and your immunity of steel.” Twilight said. “Something I consider to be a little supernatural.”

Pyro gave a chuckle as he levitated a glass of punch to his mouth and took a sip.

“Hey look on the bright side.” He said to her. “If you ever get sick or something you don’t have to worry about me catching anything.”

“I would agree that is a definite bright side.”

That voice was the most regal off all ponies. And hearing it was enough to startle both Twilight and Pyro. They looked to the side and saw Princess Celestia standing before them.

Twilight bowed down to her princess and teacher while Pyro stood in his bipedal stance and gave her the Alamantian bow of respect.

“Princess. If I may ask…why are you here?” Twilight asked.

“Your friend Pinkie Pie sent Luna and I invitations. We decided to be a part of welcoming our new guests to this country.” The princess told her star student.

“That was awfully nice of you, princess.” Pyro said to her as he got back down on all fours.

Celestia smiled at him knowing he was appreciative of her company.

“So how was your first night in Ponyville, Pyro?” Celestia asked.

“Very nice.” Pyro commented. “Very quiet here. Unlike back home. Even before the war started there was always noise outside my window at night.”

Twilight noticed Pyro wasn’t telling the princess about his little condition which he put on himself. She was about to blurt it out herself but she remembered the promise she made to Typhoon. She would keep her knowledge of this a secret until circumstances say otherwise.

“How pleasant.” Then Celestia turned her head to Twilight. “Twilight, I trust you and your friends are being good hosts for our guests.”

“Of course, your highness.” Twilight assured her. “We’re learning a lot about each other and our cultures.”

“Ah yes. I did hear that conversation. And for the record, cockatrices do make good meals.”

The Princess made sure to keep her voice low so a certain animal loving pegasus mare wouldn’t hear that. But Twilight heard it and she was lightly disturbed.

“I myself had them for a meal before the war started. I made trips to Alamante frequently and I took part in ritual ceremonies. Eating cockatrices was and still is one of them.”

That part made Twilight feel better. The conversation went on as Luna went over to Fluttershy and Typhoon. Typhoon immediately apologized for what happened between her and the princess yesterday at the castle. Luna forgave her understanding why she did it. Luna even said she was very impressed with Typhoon’s ability to enter one’s mind with no magical assistance.

Applejack, Terra, and Big Macintosh were sampling some of Pinkie’s caramel apples. Not bad at all. But then little Applebloom came over to them dragging along an elderly green mare. She spoke to the yellow pony of earth.

“Miss Terra, Ah don’t know if you’ve met her yet but this here is mah Granny Smith. She lives with us at the barn.” Applebloom explained.

“Really?” Terra asked then looked at Applejack. “Where was she yesterday then?”

“Granny here likes to take VERY long naps.” Applejack honestly answered. “Sometimes Ah think she forgets she’s asleep.”

“My dreams get more and more literal each day.” Granny Smith spoke to her.

Applejack laughed a bit at that and so did Bog Mac.

“Yeah. Granny Smith here is a very important pony.” Applebloom gladly said. “If it weren’t for her, Ponyville wouldn’t even exist.”

“Is that so?” Terra found that interesting.

“Oh darn tootin it is little filly.” Granny Smith said. “All thanks to Princess Celestia’s knowledge of the land and the zap apples from the Everfree Forest. Now what the hay is this here party for?”

The three younger apples looked at each other strangely. Big Macintosh spoke to his grandmother.

“Granny, this is party is to welcome Miss Terra here to the country. She’s from Alamante.”

Granny eyed Terra suspiciously when she heard the word Alamante.

“Your Alamantian huh? Ah’ve had a few customers from there before. You know, you slightly look like this one whose name was…oh…Mountain Cap.”

“Mountain Cap?” Terra knew the name. “That’s…..my grandfather’s name.”

“Oh he can’t be your grandfather.” Granny Smith insisted. “Ah’ve seen his granddaughter. She’s only a filly.”

That didn’t work. So Terra thought of another tactic.

“Was the last time you saw his granddaughter?”

“Oh that was…maybe seven years ago.” Granny Smith calculated. “Oh but Ah do guess she’s all grown up now.”

“And was her name, Terra?”

“As a matter a fact, that is her name. You one of her friends or somethin’?”

“No. I AM Terra. I grew up. Don’t you recognize me at all?”

Granny Smith took a few minutes of staring at her to realize that the mare in front of her was indeed the young filly she knew from years ago. With a smile, she accepted she was who she said she was.

“Oh I knew you looked familiar!” Granny Smith realized. “Your grandfather was one of my most faithful customers. And then after a few more years, his son, which was your father at a young age joined him. Oh he just loved coming here to taste the first batch of Zap Apple Jam every year.”

Terra seemed to brighten up with that.

“YOU’RE the pony who makes the Zap Apple Jam? Oh my gosh I love that stuff! Granted I haven’t had any of it for a few years but I LOVE it!”

“Well thank ya kindly little filly. It takes a lot of work to make that jam right. Your father knew that and greatly appreciated it.”

Terra frowned when Granny Smith mentioned her father.

“You know, the chief is considered to be royalty in Alamante.” Granny Smith told her.

“Uhhh….yeah. I know. I used to live there.” Terra informed her.

“And if your father is the chief then that means…..” Then Granny gave one of the biggest gasps in her whole life. Then she bowed down in front of Terra. “You’re a princess! Oh mah stars there’s another princess here!”

Terra looked first at Granny Smith a bit embarrassed then was even more embarrassed when she looked up and saw that everypony else was looking at her shocked themselves.

“Um….he he he. How are ya?” she squeaked.

“Oh yeah! I remember you now!” Granny Smith said that surprising everyone with it.

Granny Smith actually remembering something was quite rare.

“I used to make trips the Alamante myself to personally deliver your father’s order of jam. I remember seeing you and your older brother playin together like you were the best of friends. Oh what was his name…uh….Junebuggy?”

Terra winced at the mention of older brother’s name. Granted it was the wrong name but Granny Smith knew she was close. Applejack was surprised to learn Terra has an actual blood related sibling.

“Um….it’s Dunehopper.” She muttered.

“Oh that’s right. Dunehopper.” Granny Smith remembered now. “He was such a nice and handsome stallion the last time I saw him. That was about three or four years ago. How is he?”

Then Terra hurt even more. But she didn’t want to lie to a pony who was apparently close to her. She deserved to know the truth. And with sorrow and depression in her voice, she spoke again.

“Uh…Dunehopper is…..dead.”

This brought a shock to Granny Smith as well as Applejack. The orange mare of honesty was now learning something new about her partner of earth.

“What?” Granny Smith replied. “But…he was so young.”

Terra didn’t dare let anyone see her eyes get watery. She turned her head away slowly. But Applejack knew that look. It was the same look she got when she thought about her late parents.

“I know.” Terra barely got it out.

“I am so sorry.” Granny Smith muttered. “How did he pass?”

It nearly brought Terra to a point of crying, but she was able to inform Granny Smith on how it happened.

“He enrolled as a soldier in the war. And he became one of the casualties.”

Granny Smith didn’t feel pleased hearing that. She would have liked to have known Dunehopper died in a more peaceful way. Not in the wrath of war.

“I’m sorry. Please excuse me.” Terra turned around and walked away from them.

As she did, Applejack saw one small drop fall off of her partner’s chin. It was a tear. When the farmer girl brought her head back up, she wasn’t sure of what to do. She might not know Terra that well, but she does know that whenever somepony close is in pain, you be there to help them.

So she followed Terra’s track. And she followed her right into the part of the kitchen that was behind a door and away from the party. When the door was shut and the noise from the party was muffled, Applejack was able to hear a small sniffling sound coming from Terra. Concern now showed on Applejack’s face.

“Sugarcube? Are you alright?”

Terra jumped a little and lightly gasped not expecting to hear Applejack’s voice behind her. From the back, the orange country mare saw Terra mover her right front hoof to her face. Applejack didn’t have to be in front of her to tell she was wiping her eyes. Then she turned around and put a smile on her face.

“Of course I’m alright. Why wouldn’t I be?” She said with a voice cracking a bit.

Of course Applejack didn’t buy it. There was one thing Terra didn’t think she would notice.

“Terra, yer eyes are red.”

“Well of course they’re red. They’ve been red since I was born.”

“You know darn well what Ah mean.” Applejack sternly said. “Listen Terra, Ah’m not a pony who tries to meddle. But Ah’m trusting mah life to you. And bah that definition, Ah think we should be totally honest with each other. You don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want to tell. All Ah ask is that you don’t lie to me. Ah’m not the element of honesty for nothin’.”

Of all the things Applejack could have used on Terra, that was the best choice. A good play of words. Hearing them made Terra trust Applejack a bit more. So her actions were determined.

“He was my best friend.” She muttered.

Applejack didn’t have to ask who she was talking about.

“My father neglected me because he wasn’t pleased with me not wanting to become the future chief. And as for my mom, she was okay. But when it came to being there for the girly stuff, she wasn’t really up to it. As for life outside the palace, well….I didn’t have much of one. Guards always followed me wherever I went and I was rarely allowed to leave. So I had zero friends.”

It was almost heartbreaking hearing this about her. Applejack didn’t have any sort of idea a girl like Terra could be this deep.

“Dunehopper was the only friend I had. He and I were like two peas in pod. We did everything together. Played together, laughed together, we even snuck out of the palace a few times together using our geokinesis. We never got caught.”

It took a few seconds for Applejack to remember exactly what geokinesis is. But she got it in time to catch her next lines.

“He actually was the one who taught me how to use my powers. But then…the war started….then he died. When he left, half of me went with him. I’ve never been my whole self for years now. That’s the reason I got addicted to the bong.” Terra confessed. “I try so hard each day to try and not think about him. But….I do….I could never….forget him….he’s….”

The water in her eyes neared release. But right before they did, Applejack’s opinion of her partner drastically changed. Terra wasn’t a junkie because she thought it would be fun. She lost someone very close to her and now she only finds relief in the bong. Seeing as how Terra was trying super hard to hold back her tears, Applejack gave a small smile for comfort.

“Terra…it’s okay.” Applejack assured her. “You can cry if you wanna.”

“I can’t.” Terra softly said. “I can’t show weakness.”

“It’s not showing weakness. It’s called being a pony.” Applejack told her. “Look, you’re mah pardner now. And Ah know we’ve only known each other for one day now, but Ah want you to be able to trust me as much as Ah trust you. Ah know how you feel. Ah’ve been there before. Just go ahead, Terra. Cry. Let it out.”

“But I…I....”

As much as Terra wanted to fight it, she couldn’t no longer. Applejack was making her see things differently. She didn’t know what it was. Happiness knowing she had more friends to confide in or something else entirely. But without anypony else there knowing, she wrapped her hooves around Applejack and began to sob into her shoulder. Knowing how much pain this brought to Terra due to being there herself, Applejack wrapped her hooves around her and rubbed her back gently.

Last night Applejack wasn’t comfortable with Terra protecting her. But this moment right here changed her mind on the spot. Terra was an honest pony. A true hard head, but honest. That crying session lasted about ten minutes. When Terra calmed down, she saw Applejack wipe away a single tear of her own.

“I didn’t make you cry too, did I?” Terra asked.

“Well…maybe just one tiny tear.” Applejack confessed. “Just old memories getting dug back up is all.”

With one last sniffle and wipe of her eyes, Terra regained herself fully.

“Thanks, Applejack.” She told her. “Just uh…don’t tell Agua I was crying. Okay?”

With a giggle, Applejack agreed.

“Done deal there, rocky. Now let’s go party.”

Looking in a nearby mirror to make sure her eyes weren’t too red to present, Terra went back out with Applejack. Nopony suspected a thing. Typhoon never saw Terra leave so she didn’t think to read her mind.

Pinkie was dragging Cryo all over the party trying to introduce him to the locals. She stopped in front of two mares. One cream colored earth pony and an aqua coated unicorn.

“Hi there, Bon-Bon and Lyra! I want you to meet Cryo! Isn’t he just awesome?” Pinkie introduced them in less than a second’s time.

“Um….hello there.” Cryo politely greeted with a wave.

“Hi.” Bon-Bon and Lyra both said back.

It was awkward. Cryo felt almost as if Pinkie was trying to set him up with a date or something.

“Oh! Stay right there! There’s somepony you REALLY gotta meet, Cryo!”

With that, Pinkie rushed off, leaving Cryo alone with Lyra and Bon-Bon.

“So….what can you do?” Lyra asked not knowing what else to talk about.

“Um….ice.” Was the only answer Cryo could think of.

“That’s nice.” Bon-Bon replied.

Cryo nodded at them seeing no other reason for talking to them.

“Okay then. Good bye.”

With that, he walked off and got himself one of the tasty cupcakes Pinkie had made for the party. Using both his magic and element power, he picked up the cupcake and froze it before eating it. He likes cold food.

When he turned around to go fins somepony else to talk to, he found himself face to face with a mare. She was magenta with green eyes, a pink mane and three smiling flowers for a cutie mark.

“Um…hi. Who might you be?” Cryo asked.

Sweetie Belle was there with the mare. She wanted to introduce the two to each other.

“Mr. Cryo this is my teacher, Miss Cheerilee.” Sweetie Belle said. “Miss Cheerilee, this is Mr. Cryo. He’s not the one I live with but he’s cool.”

“Oh. Well it’s a pleasure to meet you Mr. Cryo.” Cheerilee greeted him.

Something right there went off in Cryo’s head. He didn’t really find anything appealing about Bon-Bon and Lyra. But the cheery tone Cheerilee gave him upon saying hello made him feel friendlier.

“Please. Just call me Cryo, Miss Cheerilee.” He said with the same tone as she.

Cheerilee seemed to like that tone.

“Well then….just call me Cheerilee then.” She told him. “You know I’ve always wanted to give a history lesson on Alamante and its culture. But I’m afraid I don’t know enough about the place to give a full lesson.”

“Yeah I know. Not many Equestrian school books cover anything about my home anymore.” Cryo agreed.

Cheerilee knew what fact and was greatly disappointed by it. She felt children should know about the other countries that exist other than Equestria. But ever since the war, new textbooks were given out and they had no information about Alamante or how it even came to be.

“Well I for one certainly think you and your home are worth learning about. Children need to be educated in geography and other countries no matter how torn they are.” Cheerilee said.

“Well….if it’s alright with you, I’d be happy to come in and be a guest speaker to your class.” Cryo suggested. “If that’s okay with you that is.”

Cheerilee was indeed surprised by such an offer. But she would have hated herself if she had been stupid enough to decline it.

“Really? That would be wonderful!” the teacher mare happily said. “And if you want to, you can bring your friends.”

“Siblings.” He corrected. “They’re…my brothers and sisters.”

This was the second time today that word was said to a mare who didn’t understand.

“They are? Really?” she asked.

“Well….not by blood of course.” Cryo corrected. “But the six of us love each other. We watch out for each other like brothers and sisters would. We’re a family.”

That slightly warmed Cheerilee.

“That’s very nice.” She said to him. “Perhaps you could introduce me to them. If it’s not any trouble.”

“Oh it’s no trouble at all, Cheerilee. Just tell me who you want to meet first.” Cryo said.

Cheerilee looked around recognizing the other Alamantians as soon as she saw them. But they were all already involved with other conversations. She didn’t want to be rude. Then she found one of them standing alone. And he just so happened to be blue and near the punch bowl.

“I think I’ll start with him.”

“Hold up.” Cryo stopped her. “Are you sure about him?”

Cryo pointed to Agua.

“Yes.” Cheerilee acknowledged.

“Okay. That’s Agua. Now he’s not the most friendly of folk. So if you go into a long introduction, he’ll just walk away. So here’s what you do.”

Cryo then gave the teacher a set of instructions.

“When you get close enough to him, he’s gonna look you right in the eyes. You look back. You then just say hi to him. Just hi. Nothing else. If he says it back, wait a few seconds, then say your name. Just your name itself in one word. He’ll then say his name back to you in the same fashion. Then you repeat that process only now you say what you do. Teacher. That’s it. If he says, “that’s nice”, that means he finds you tolerable. And that’s means something considering how he is.”

“That’s it?” Cheerilee asked. “Just…tolerable?”

“Trust me. With a guy like him, tolerable is as high as you’re gonna get on a first impression. In about a year’s time, you graduate up to acquaintance, then friend, then brother.”

“That seems….very complicated.” Cheerilee thought of herself as lucky for catching all that.

“Some ponies are just like that. Agua there is one of em’.” Cryo said. “Now go on. Don’t be scared. Walk slowly.”

It seemed like Agua had his own set of instructions like he was a toy fresh out of the box. But it would come to turn out the icy stallion knew exactly what he was saying.

Slowly, she walked one step at a time towards Agua as he stared blankly at the punch in the bowl. When she got up close to him, she took one last step and the floor beneath her hoof creaked loud enough for Agua to hear. His eyes locked right on to hers. This was where Cheerilee thought to consult the instructions Cryo gave her. Step one.

“Hi.” She muttered.

“Hi.” Agua said back.

So far what Cryo said was true. After three more seconds, she put step two to the test.

“Cheerilee.”

“Agua.”

While waiting for the next few seconds, Cheerilee got distracted when she saw a small bundle of punch float out of the punch bowl and in front of Agua’s face. Agua was no doubt doing it using his mind over water powers. As impressed as she was, Cheerilee needed to do the last step.

“Teacher.”

“That’s nice.”

It seemed unbelievable. Everything Cryo instructed Cheerilee to do played out exactly as he told. That showed that he was a keen observer.

“Hey, tell me something.” Agua said to her in a full sentence this time. “Are those two kids, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon in your class?”

Cheerilee finally felt that it was safe to speak fully now.

“Yes they are. Why do you ask?”

Agua gave a grunt as he glared at the two fillies coldly.

“Well kudos to you for putting up with them.” Agua said as he levitated the punch he was controlling up to his mouth. “Remind me to find their parents so I can tell them the same thing.”

He then put his lips to the ball of punch and sucked it all into his mouth in one gulp. And with that, he walked away. When he did, Cheerilee was left standing there not really knowing how to respond to something like that.

“Did he just….insult two of my students?”

While she processed that question through her head, Cryo approached her again for he viewed what just went down.

“Hey not bad.” He complimented her. “You did much better than I did when I first met him.”

“Really? What did he do?” Cheerilee asked.

“He punched me square in the nose.” Cryo answered. “But in his defense, the war had just begun and we were all a bit on edge.”

“Aren’t you still?” Cheerilee asked him. “Doesn’t it bother you that your family and friends back home are in danger?”

Cryo’s faint smile was now gone from his face with that question.

“Every second of every day, Miss Cheerilee.” He answered with sorrow. “I compensate with humor. At least that’s what my friends say.”

That seemed a bit depressing. But Cheerilee had to understand his situation. The whole Alamantian situation. These six ponies are far from home and their country is at war with itself. It must bother them a lot knowing their friends and families are still there.

“But until then, I think I might like making new friends here. I really need that.” Cryo told her.

“Well….you have one with me.” Cheerilee smiled at him.

Cryo couldn’t help but smile back at her and gently say,

“Thank you.”

The two conversed with each other further as the party progressed.

About a couple hours later, everypony had gotten acquainted with the six new ponies most of them just learning their names. Pyro was smiling the whole time. He was very pleased that the whole town of Ponyville was accepting him. All around him, there were ponies who did not judge them by race, fur color, or what element you have. It was a very nice change of pace.

But as he took a gander at the other side of the place, one pony caught his eye. And it was a good thing. Because what looked like a normal green colored pegasus seemed to be looking at Twilight with an evil glare. Then it raised a hoof and much to Pyro’s horror, it began to glow with the same dark energy that comes off of those evil henchponies. Without thinking twice,

“GET DOWN!”

He grabbed Twilight hard and pushed her down to the ground along with himself. It was just in time to dodge the blast of dark energy the Shadowmare in disguise threw at them. The explosion the blast made in the wall was enough to bring the party to a screeching halt.

Everyone looked at Pyro now who quickly got back up on his hind legs in a bipedal stance. He then threw a fastball of fire at the Shadowmare’s head and it was a dead on shot. The impact from the ball of fire made the Shadowmare lose concentration and drop the disguise. It was black like normal now.

When everyone saw it, they immediately started to panic. When somepony tried to bolt for the door, another Shadowmare popped out of hiding and pushed the mare back into the crowd of frightened ponies. Then about ten more of them showed their faces and everypony was once again silent and in fear for their lives. The Shadowmares had all of their hooves lit up in dark energy and that was enough to keep the citizens of Ponyville completely still

The same Shadowmare Pyro hit before was now standing up hooves energized with dark power. It glared right at Pyro and he himself was ready with his flames.

It was all too easy. The Shadowmare was only able to fire one good sized shot at Pyro. Using his flames, he waved his hooves, blocked the shot, and then did a sidekick in place. Out of his kicking hoof came a big blast of fire that made contact with the Shadowmare and made it dissolve.

When he turned to shoot another one…

“Don’t move, hot-head!”

He froze upon seeing that one Shadowmare had Diamond Tiara in it’s grasp. Its free hoof was charged with dark energy and held up to the side of her little head. Pyro set his aim right for the head of the dark pony.

“Drop the flames or it’s bye-bye filly.” The Shadowmare hissed.

“Let the kid go.” Pyro kept his hoof pointed right at that Shadowmare’s head flames flowing. “She’s not involved in this quarrel.”

The Shadowmare cackled.

“Everypony you talk to is involved now firebug. Now put the fire out or I’ll put this kid out. Permanently.”

Pyro wanted so badly to launch a ball of fire right through that thing’s head. But if he made another move, Diamond Tiara would be killed. But then out of the corner of his eye, he spotted something that gave him an idea.

He had no choice. Slowly, he let his hoof hang down at his side and the flames vanished.

“Good little Ember.” It chuckled. “Now lay down and put your hooves over your…”

But then the sound of a hoof impacting the Shadowmare’s head was heard. But the thing is, there was nothing there. The black henchpony just toppled over and lost its grip on Diamond Tiara. Then the same Shadowmare kept on jerking around like it was getting beat up. When it was finally weak enough to go to the ground, the true culprit revealed herself. Cryo was doing everything. He had just turned himself invisible. It was another Alamantian spell. Cloaking. One Twilight was eager to get her hooves on now. The Shadowmares started to all rush for him. But Cryo acted again.

His hooves were energized with cyan ice energy and he blasted some at each Shadowmare’s hooves. He was deadly accurate and froze all of their hooves to the ground. And they couldn’t break free. Everypony else tried to get free of the place but the Shadowmares still had the doors blocked using walls of dark energy.

Luna and Celestia immediately began to use their magic to make the dark walls vanish. But that turned out to be all for not. As soon as the Shadowmares saw them try to act, they blasted at the two princesses. Their hooves were still frozen to the ground. Strangely, they shot the blasts out of their mouths. Gem, seeing that, raised her own front hooves energized with her element of plasma. Using it, she created a wall to act as a shield to protect herself and everypony in the vicinity of the blasts. And it worked perfectly. The dark blasts vaporized upon contact with the plasma wall. Then the pony of plasma made the wall extend into a whole dome that surrounded all of the Shadowmares entrapping them inside.

“Oh shoot! Why did they have to crash the party?” Pinkie complained. “Now it has to end early.”

“Says who?” Cryo asked.

“Are you not at the same party here?” Twilight asked. “Look around, Cryo. These guys are everywhere.”

“What are these ponies anyway?” Rarity asked anypony.

Luna knew. She wasn’t proud of it but she knew.

“They’re called Shadowmares.” She answered Rarity. “Nightmare Moon’s flunkies made from shadows. She can shape them into any form she wants to whether it be wingless, with wings, bigger, smaller, it matters not.”

“And I count about twenty of them.” Rainbow Dash added. “We’re screwed.”

“Oh please.” Cryo was still arguing. “Pyro, if I may?”

Everypony around him heard what he was saying and understood what he was asking for. To go in there alone. As much as everyone there wanted Pyro to say no…he didn’t.

“By all means, my icy bro, the floor is all yours.”

One nod from Cryo and he was off. Using his own magic, he phased himself through Gem’s plasma wall and then stood in the middle of the floor, surrounded by the evil black ponies.

“Is he insane?” Rainbow Dash asked anypony.

“Just watch and learn from the master.” Terra shushed her.

“Typhoon, you know my favorite tune.” Cryo said.

Typhoon looked in Cryo’s case for the album he was referring to. Shortly she found it with the label of, Moves Like Jagger.

It disturbed everyone how Cryo was being so calm about this while vicious Shadowmare were around. Typhoon just put the record on and the music began to play as Cryo stood up on his hind hooves in his own bipedal stance. Then with a wave of his right hoof, the ice that had the Shadowmares trapped shattered.

“Alright, you bastards.” Cryo openly said. “You ruined a great party. Now it’s time for you to know my song and dance. Literally.”

The music that began to play confused everyone there except for the six Alamantians. Even the Shadowmares were confused. Nopony had ever heard music like this before. Not even the two princesses knew what was going on with the music or why Cryo was by himself surrounded by the enemy.

“Things are gonna get chilly.”

(BGM: Maroon 5: Moves Like Jagger)

The intro seemed to involving someone whistling and an electric guitar. After a few rounds of that, Cryo himself began to sing. Rather well too. As he did, he began to rhythmically bob his body back and forth slowly, leaving everyone but his siblings totally confused as to why he was singing right now.

There have been plenty of musical numbers in Ponyville, but the citizens of Ponyville got their world rocked upon seeing this type of number.

Cryo:

Just shoot for the stars
If it feels right
And aim for my heart
If you feel like
And take me away and make it OK
I swear I'll behave

Thinking it was nonsense, the Shadowmares all lunged for him at once. But this was all Cryo’s plan. He ducked gracefully by doing the splits. And all the Shadowmares collided with each other’s heads and fell to the ground.

You wanted control
So we waited
I put on a show
Now I make it

The unicorn of ice stood himself back up and began to move around quite nicely on his two hind hooves alone. Pinkie was immediately impressed.

You say I'm a kid
My ego is big
I don't give a shit

Then when the Shadowmares got back up and only one of them lunged at him, the fun really began.

And it goes like this

By blocking the punch thrown at his face, Cryo showed everypony a new way to dance along with a whole new type of music never before heard to them. He started by pulling that same mare forward then punching it in the face.

Take me by the tongue
And I'll know you
Kiss me 'til you're drunk
And I'll show you

All the moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
I've got the moo-oo-oo-OO-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooves like Jagger

As he sang, Cryo was performing a very impressive combination of dance moves and martial arts together. Right before he started the next verse, another Shadowmare came up to him and tried to kick him in the face. But Cryo being a very agile mover, he threw himself down on his back to dodge the attack and succeeded. And as soon as his back was in full contact with the ground, he then threw his hind legs forward to give him enough momentum to stand back up and kick the Shadowmare in the stomach.

I don't need to try to control you
Look into my eyes and I'll own you

With them moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
I've got the moo-oo-oo-OO-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooves like Jagger

The white unicorn of ice put his hooves on the necks of two of the dark flunkies and then pushed them all the way down so the smacked their heads on the hard floor.

Maybe it's hard
When you feel like you're broken and scarred
Nothing feels right
But when you're with me
I'll make you believe
That I've got the key

When a few more tried to get him, Cryo decided to turn on his true powers. His two front hooves energized with cyan energy of his natural element. Instead if shooting the Shadowmares, he pointed his hooves to the ground and froze it all. Only the ground that was inside Gem’s plasma barrier got frozen. The Shadowmares now had trouble with their balance. But Cryo was one hundred percent stable. He began to skate.

Oh
So get in the car
We can ride it
Wherever you want
Get inside it

Pyro, Typhoon, Agua, Terra, and Gem knew this song by heart as well. After hearing it come from Cryo’s room so many times back at the rock, they learned it themselves. They were now rhythmically pounding the floor as Cryo danced, skated, and fought away.

And you want to steer
But I'm shifting gears
I'll take it from here (Oh! Yeah yeah!)

One Shadowmare created two blades from dark energy. It swung at Cryo and he leaned over as if he were playing limbo.

And it goes like this (Uh)

As his voice continued singing, his ice powers became fully seen. After he leaned back up from the limbo stance, he turned around and eyes the Shadowmare from behind. He then raised his hooves up, then quickly dropped them down again. Doing that made a small pillar of ice form from the ground then quickly drop down, slamming the dark flunkie to the ground.

With a single spin and another wave of his hooves, Cryo attacked another Shadowmare. Several spikes of ice shot up from the icy ground and floated over to the Shadowmare and drove into the ground around it, trapping it.

A few more steps forward and Cryo threw a punch at another one from ten feet away. A patch of ice right in front the Shadowmare flew up and collided into the dark pony sending it to the ground. With a half turn and a kick of his right hind hoof, the same thing happened to another one. Then Cryo spun around and backflipped over another one. As he was airborne, the ice on the ground expanded and froze the Shadowmare in a block of ice.

Take me by the tongue
And I'll know you (Uh)
Kiss me 'til you're drunk
And I'll show you

All the moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
I've got the moo-oo-oo-OO-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooves like Jagger

When Cryo landed, two long icicle blades formed from his hooves and he blocked another Shadowmare armed with his own dark blades. He blocked then swung his ice blades right through the body of the Shadowmare. It disovled.

I don't need to try to control you (Oh, yeah)
Look into my eyes and I'll own you

With them moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger (Yeah yeah)
I've got the moo-oo-oo-OO-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooves like Jagger

More dark flunkies came for him. His ice blades were still formed around his hooves. Putting them to use, he danced more and swung his arms gracefully and very precisely. Any Shadowmare that came into contact with those icy blades evaporated into the shadows that made them. Then he turned around and threw out his arms. The blades from his arms detached and drove through the heads of two more making them also dissolve.

While this was all happening, everypony there aside from Cryo’s five siblings were totally shocked, terrified, confused, and amazed at the same time.

But if that wasn’t enough to shock them, then this was. Wanting to turn this little performance into a duet, Typhoon got up on her hind hooves and walked straight through the plasma shield after Gem had opened it for her and then quickly closed it up. Then her voice came on.

Tyhpoon:

You wanna know how to make me smile
Take control, own me just for the night
And if I share my secret
You're gonna have to keep it
Nobody else can see this

It was no surprise to everypony that Typhoon could sing well. But the shocker was this. Not to the other five Alamantians but to everypony else. As she sung, Typhoon’s French accent completely disappeared. She now had a flawless voice.

That little verse got the attention of every Shadowmare there. They now split into two separate groups. One for Cryo and one for Typhoon. Now both ponies were doing the same form of technique with blasts of ice and wind going in multiple directions.

So watch and learn
I won't show you twice
Head to toe, oooh baby rub me right
But if I share my secret
You're gonna have to keep it
Nobody else can see this (Ay! Ay! Ay! Aaay!)

As he bashed two more Shadowmare heads together, Cryo took over lead vocals again.

Cryo:

And it goes like this

Now it was here where both Typhoon and Cryo danced as partners using martial arts, dancing moves, AND their own elemental powers over ice and wind.

Take me by the tongue
And I'll know you

Typhoon:

Take me by the tongue!

Cryo:

Kiss me 'til you're drunk
And I'll show you (Yeah yeah yeah!)

All the moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
I've got the moo-oo-oo-OO-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooves like Jagger

Typhoon got a little creative with two of the dark ponies. He jumped up on to her front hooves and stood on them. She then used her powers of wind to make herself spin around in circles. As she spun, a whirlwind formed around her. Then she swung out her hind legs and the whirlwind quickly expanded out and made the surrounding Shadowmares fly away.

It was here where Cryo decided to finish it up. And he knew how to do it in style. Seeing Typhoon stand bipedal again, he slid over and embraced her in a starting position. Then he swung her around in a perfect wave with her hind hooves coming into contact with the approaching heads of Shadowmares. Then the two went on to do that again but differently.

(Oh, yeah)
I don't need to try to control you
Look into my eyes and I'll own you

With them moves like Jagger
I've got the moves like Jagger
I've got the moo-oo-oo-OO-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooves like Jagger

Terra, Agua, Gem, and Pyro all assisted with whistling the end of the song and then the record ended. As did the whole fight. When Cryo and Typhoon struck their final pose embraced in each other’s hooves, the Shadowmares all evaporated into black smoke. The danger passed, Gem waved her hoof and made her plasma shield dematerialized.

That only left Cryo to get rid of the ice on the ground. Typhoon got off the patch and then Cryo began to rotate his right hoof in a slow circle. This amazed all the ponies. The ice began to peel off the floor and funnel into a giant sphere in front of Cryo’s hoof. When it was all there, Cryo walked outside with it, and rolled it into the open light where the sun quickly began to melt it away.

When he closed the door back up, he finally noticed everypony there had their eyes on him. It was no doubt because of the display he just gave.

“H…..h……how?” Was all Spike was able to get out.

“Oh yeah. About Cryo.” Terra told them. “His fighting style revolves all around his special talent. He may be a great master of ice but inside, he is one hell of a dancer.”

“Special talent?” Scootaloo repeated. “But if dancing is what he loves to do, how come he doesn’t have a dancing cutie mark?”

“Kid, when it comes to the six of us, our cutie marks don’t represent our true passions and talents.” Pyro explained. “I mean sure. I can take a simple candlelight flame and turn it into a frickin inferno in a split second. I’m good at it. But it doesn’t mean it’s what I love to do. Granted it’s fun but I don’t LOVE it.”

“Really?” Sweetie Belle seemed to find that very odd. “Well then…how did you guys get your cutie marks? And what do you guys love to do?”

That was indeed a good question. But now wasn’t the proper time to answer it.

“A story for another time, Sweetie Belle.” Terra answered.

“But that was still…..totally awesome! Wasn’t it everypony?” Pinkie asked loudly.

Terra, Gem, Agua, Cryo, Pyro, and Typhoon thought they were all gonna be screwed right here. Everypony there just saw what they were truly capable of doing to a bunch of ponies that weren’t even real.

And once again they were quickly proven wrong when everypony started cheering and clapping mostly for Cryo and Typhoon.

“Huh? What?” Cryo couldn’t believe it.

“Zey….liked eet?” Typhoon asked herself.

Scootaloo ran over to the two dancing fighters.

“That was so cool! Do it again do it again!

As cool as it was, it was also tiring. Cryo and Typhoon were breathing deep to catch their breath. Then a mare approached the two of them. A white unicorn with a blue mane and wore sunglasses. Her cutie mark is a backwards double quaver. She didn’t say anything. She just looked at them blankly through her shades.

“Um…..yes?” Cryo muttered.

“Vinyl? What’s wrong with you?” Twilight gave the unicorn’s name.

Vinyl just stared at Cryo and then lowered her head at him.

“Dude, I beg of you….teach me your ever so divine dancing moves.”

It turns out Vinyl wasn’t the only one there who wanted to know how Cryo dances like that. No way. Lyra wanted to learn to along with a few others. In fact, had they not been too distracted by that, they would not have noticed that they were still not out of the woods quite yet.

But they were lucky Gem noticed it. There was one more Shadowmare that remained incognito during the fighting dance. The dark energy flowing from its hooves gave it away. It raised one hoof and prepared to fire a blast at Rainbow Dash’s skull.

“RAINBOW LOOKOUT!”

Turning around, Rainbow and everyone else saw the Shadowmare blast it’s attack right for the cyan pegasus. But then they were met with shock when Gem jumped in front of the blast and took it full contact on the left side of her torso.

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!” Gem cried in pain.

As she thudded to the ground, everyone saw the wound on her side. It was as wide and round as a bowling ball edged with black. It had begun to already bleed. That was enough to get Agua’s blood pumping. He then eyed the punch bowl he drank out of earlier.

“Pinkie, you might wanna refill the punch bowl.”

Standing bipedal, Agua motioned his hoof in the direction of the punch bowl. With a wave, every drop of red colored punch flew out of the bowl and swirled in a sphere in between his two front hooves.

With one step forward, Agua launched the punch at the Shadowmare’s head at a very high pressure. Since the Shadowmare wasn’t a real pony, the speed Agua was making the watery substance move at was fast enough to drill a hole straight through the black pony’s head and make it dissolve.

Satisfied with his work, Agua stood back down on all fours.

“Before any of you ask, I was able to move the punch because it’s mostly water. Everything fruity just went with it.”

The six elements of harmony were indeed about to ask that. Agua spared them from it.

“Nice shot.” Cryo muttered.

With that done, Gem’s moans of pain brought everyone back to view her wound. She was bleeding a lot more harshly now but the pain had died down a bit.

“Oh mah stars. That doesn’t look too good.” Applejack muttered.

“She…saved me.” Rainbow barely got that out.

Rainbow was starting to feel different about Gem right here. That little unicorn had just jumped in the way and took a blast meant for Rainbow herself. If she hadn’t, it would have hit the middle of Rainbow’s head and she would be dead.

But Gem took the blow for her. Slowly, the multicolored pegasus got down so she was closer to her partner.

“Why did you do that?” she asked her.

Gem was still in pain. But she could still talk.

“You’re my partner. I said I’d protect you, remember?”

Now that made Rainbow feel weak. And she downright hated it. Gem was a few years younger than Rainbow. The pegasus didn’t think she would ever do that to such extreme levels such as this.

“I…..I…..” Rainbow didn’t know what to say other than this. “Thank you.”

The only response she got to that was Gem moaning due to the throbbing pain in her side. Luckily Pinkie had invited one of the local nurses to the party. Nurse Redheart. A white earth pony mare with a red cross adorned with pink hearts for a cutie mark.

Redheart immediately examined the wound and came to a quick conclusion.

“It’s only a flesh wound.” She said. “Your friend is gonna be fine. But we should bandage her up just to be safe.”

Twilight had already gone and fetched a first-aid kit and set it down next to Redheart. But before she could even open it up, Agua got in the way.

“Those bandages aren’t necessary.”

“What?” Redheart thought he was talking nonsense. “You have no idea what you’re saying. Now step aside and let me wrap her up.”

The only response she got was Agua glaring at her with cold eyes.

“BACK. OFF.” He said as if it were a warning.

Now a bit frightened of him, Redheart began to walk backwards. Looking back at the wound, Agua was satisfied with the space he now had as everypony else just thought of his more as a jerk. Then he spoke.

“Gem, this might sting for just a bit.”

Gem, still breathing heavy, gave a small nod and braced herself for whatever Agua was about to do.

Taking a deep breath, Agua cleared his mind and focused on his little sister’s wound. Then he activated his hydrokinesis. With a few gentle motions of his front hooves, a small sphere of clear water materialized right in front of him. Slowly he made the water ball move towards Gem’s wound. When it was there, Agua slightly waved his hoof and the ball deformed into a flat floating puddle. It then covered up Gem’s wound on contact.

Gem winced when it made contact. That was the part Agua was talking about when it would sting. But it quickly subsided. With another deep breath, Agua put his hooves on the water itself. The water and the tips of his hooves began to glow dim white a bit and everypony there gasped. Even the blue stallion’s siblings.

The water Agua was manipulating began to slowly swirl as it lit up in light. After a few more seconds and a few waves of Agua’s hooves, the glow died down and Agua moved his hooves away. That’s when everypony viewing got a surprise. Even Celestia and Luna were shocked.

Gem’s wound had completely vanished. So did the water Agua used to perform the procedure. The purple unicorn of plasma felt no more pain much to her surprise. She leaned up and looked at her side viewing her body to be as good as new.

Luna stepped forward to view closer. It just baffled her that a pony with no magical powers could perform such power. Feeling better, Gem stood back up on her hooves as if the blast never hit her. Rarity looked at her partner with the most shock if them all.

“What did….how did….you….huh?”

She couldn’t find words. Her jerk of a partner just healed a wound on Gem’s body on his own volition. Out of the one day Rarity knew him, it seemed a bit out of character.

“I’m not heartless.” Agua muttered. “It may seem like it but I’m not.”

“Agua….how come you never told us you could Mizu-Mend?” Typhoon asked

Agua stood up, looked at her, and gave her a straight answer.

“You never asked.”

And with that, Agua said no more words as he walked away leaving everypony else there confused.

“Maybe you CAN get along with him, Rarity.” Fluttershy softly said. “He seems to have some good qualities in him.”

Rarity couldn’t deny that after seeing what Agua just did for Gem.

“Well….I suppose I could give him a chance.” She muttered.

That was settled. But there was still one thing that had Spike confused.

“Wait. Mizu-what now?” Spike asked.

“Mizu-Mend.” Terra answered. “Only some of the most powerful members of the Hydro Tribe are able to do that.”

“It’s an ancient form of healing using water.” Pyro added. “No other element out of the six has the power to do that.”

“Amazing.” Celestia muttered. “Not even magic can heal wounds like that. Gem, how do you feel?”

“I feel great, princess.” Gem replied.

Once again, her mind was blown. The ruler of all Equestria had been to Alamante many times before and seen these elemental powers used. But never in ways like this. This was all brand new information for her and she was having a bit of trouble letting it all soak in. These six have powers that even she doesn’t know.

It made her feel…uneasy. The sight of those Shadowmares attacking didn’t help at all. Her star student and her friends lives were in very grave danger. That much was clear. She only prayed these new foreign ponies would have enough power and wit to overcome the threat.

It seemed after that the party would be over. But then Cryo saw Cheerilee approach him with a very strange look on her face. Of course she was freaked out by what she just saw happen. It made the icy pony’s heart drop a little.

“Let me guess. You want me nowhere near your school or any other child for that matter.” Cryo muttered upset.

“Why would you think that? I thought you were amazing!” Cheerilee said.

Cryo’s eyes were open all the way now. How was this happening? He thought.

“I’m sorry. Could you repeat that?” He asked shocked. “What you and everypony else just saw was me beating the living daylights out of a whole horde of dark ponies. And yet…you’re not afraid?”

“Of course not!” Cheerilee actually thought the icy stallion was being silly. “You may have been a bit graphic but you saved us all. And that music was very interesting. Who was it by?”

Cryo smirked a bit at that.

“I don’t know the name of the band who sings it. But it’s….out of this world.” He was speaking the honest truth.

“Well regardless, your dancing seems to have been very effective.” Cheerilee said.

Cryo had to let that soak into his head. He had just unleashed his full power upon a swarm of evil bloodlust ponies, and nopony was scared of him. He thought for sure they would be frightened a little. But they weren’t.

“Okay. It’s official. This. Town. Rocks.”

Cheerilee giggled at that and gave him a warm smile.

“Welcome to Ponyville, Cryo.” She gently said.

With a chuckle himself, Cryo spoke back to her.

“You must be the coolest teacher ever.”

With a little bit of laughter, the party somehow was able to come back from the dead. Everywhere Gem went that day, she was seen as a hero who saved a not just a pony’s life, but also risked hers in the process. It was a bit embarrassing for her to keep being looked at like that. Rainbow Dash didn’t leave her side the whole time.

Soon, the party ended and the sister princesses returned to the Canterlot Castle. The two parted ways as they went to their separate rooms.

When she closed the doors to her quarters, Celestia used her magic to drop the curtains and block out the sunlight. She then lit a few small candles nearby.

To Princess Celestia, she was probably the biggest believer in honesty to ever live other than Applejack. She had never kept any secret or had any of her own to tell.

That’s why there was something sticking in her craw. Because for the past days, she had been violating her own beliefs.

Calmly, the sun princess went to the center of her room and sat down on her hind hooves. Closing her eyes and breathing in through her nose and out through her mouth, she brought her front hooves together.

Her mind then began to focus. She had learned how to mediate nearly a century ago from an old friend. She had a secret. A secret that she knew she had to keep, but pained her to do it. She began to focus on the same person who had taught her how to meditate in the first place.

“Focus, Celestia. Become one with your center.”

A voice popped up in her head signaling she had achieved total zen with her mind.

“There was an attack today. Nightmare Moon’s soldiers showed up and tried to kill them.”

She was having a full conversation with this voice. The voice was elderly and it sounded like a stallion’s.

“And I trust they are all still alive?”

“Of course they are. Their abilities and skills with the elements are magnificent.”

Then Celestia’s tone switched to one of concern.

“I really hope you know how awful a risk you’ve taken, dear friend. This is the first time I have ever feared for Twilight’s life.”

“Perhaps you should trust her new friends a bit more, Celestia. Don’t forget. If the prophecy is true, then their combined power will vanquish Nightmare forever this time.”

“I’m aware of what the prophecy says. But I still fear for my best student. Her life is at risk. All of their lives are.”

“I believe that young stallion will indeed protect your beloved Twilight as he promised to.”

Celestia sighed.

“He’s still just a boy. I sense the troubles in him. And Twilight is as young as he is.”

“And this is a problem because?”

“It’s a problem because this burden will probably show to be too much for them to handle. I’ve sensed dark times for some time now. Nightmare is growing stronger with each second that passes by.”

“As are they, Celestia. And I believe that this unification of nature and harmony will make them all even more powerful beyond even our own wildest dreams.”

She couldn’t think of a way to argue anymore. She was getting a headache.

“I sure do hope your right. Because if not, we may be looking at a catastrophe.”

“It will not come to that. I can assure you. Take care, my dear.”

“Be safe, old friend.”

Her conversation ended, but Celestia kept her mind in the state it was in for a little while longer before resuming her royal duties as ruler of Equestria.

The worst was yet to come