• Published 17th Mar 2012
  • 547 Views, 36 Comments

The Elements of Lunar Harmony - Paganbrony



When Princess Luna decides a student is the best way to make new friends is Equestria truly safe?

  • ...
2
 36
 547

Part Twenty One: Twilight Brings A Bottle To The Party.

The Elements of Lunar Harmony

Part Twenty One: Twilight Brings A Bottle To The Party.

The whole group of ponies gathered around Spitfires bed waited in silence as Twilight walked to the other side to Trixie and laid the box gently down and then opened it.

The six ponies watched as next she brought forth a bottle made of green glass that literally sparkled in the room’s light, it’s contents swirled around as Twilight placed it on the bed and began to explain.

“Some time ago not long after I first came to Ponyville Princess Celestia came to spend a night at mine (in a separate room she hastily added) and catch up over a meal and drinks, it’d been a while since I had the chance to just talk to her… So I wanted the best…”

Berry chimed in with a low whistle…

“How did ‘YOU’ convince that rat barkeep to part with it?”

Twilight recounted how when questioned the barkeep had in a low sneaky tone implied he was in possession of a bottle of finest quality fit for a Princess with a very intriguing back story she had marveled at (she spared a glance at Berry who just nodded back).

It hadn’t taken much persuasion from a frantic and very broke Twilight to convince him to give it up for what remained of her allowance after her latest book buying spree.

That and she’d made several threats concerning the mayor the city council and the health board citing her influence with royalty and having saved the world on numerous occasions… After all she was determined Celestia would get the best!

“We had but half a glass each and then… Well we spent all night talking trash about all sorts of things and kinda passed out.”

Twilight remembered some of more embarrassing things she’d said that night and hurried on.

“I poured what was left back in so it’s mostly full.”

All eyes turned to Berry who just flicked her mane put her nose in the air and crossed her hooves.

“Not thirsty.”

Trixie spoke first her mind whirring.

“Did you really flatten a dozen guards?”

Three damp companions nodded furiously as Berry just nodded once, Twilight gave Berry a shocked look as she struggled to picture the scene.

“Then for the time being I think it’s best if… I’m sorry… ”

Trixie stopped mid sentence and gestured apologetically to the others at the mistake prompting looks of confusion and shock more so for Twilight who wasn’t privy to the changes the group had gone through.

“I meant to say we need you to be sober… Super strength is going to be useful if it all goes to hay when we get to Canterlot…”

Twilight finally questioned why that would still be a thing after Luna had explained there were good reasons for all of the mayhem recently surrounding those in her little group.

She was surprised by the sudden scratching of necks and averted looks that pervaded the room, none of them fancied explaining their plan concerning Twilight's teacher...

“Look you’re really good at magic and I pale in comparison but do you think you could teleport us out of here? We really can’t go out the front door none of us have the energy for a last stand yet….”

Once again stunned silence… Trixie ignored this and her friend’s faces as they coped with the shock of what she’d said.

Trixie ignored them and with a more familiar air of nonchalance and attitude to boot she frowned and asked again.

“Well? Can you?”

“Well yes of course but it may take a few trips… But I think I can do it…”

The guards who were still being tended to outside the door were definitely far too busy groaning and whimpering to pay attention to the series of popping sounds as Twilight materialized back and forth.

Finally Twilight brought the remaining members of Luna’s group out of their predicament and into her front room which was strewn with books and magical paraphernalia evidence of her work towards helping Trixie and co.

As they settled down around the large living room Spike appeared laden with tea and biscuits after receiving orders from Twilight who’d teleported in suddenly with Fleur and disturbed his indexing of his trading card collection.

Trixie wasted no time in asking Apple Cobbler to retrieve the stolen bits before individually asking every-pony how they were feeling, and making sure that Spitfire got the most comfortable position on the sofa.

The silence was deafening as six pairs of eyes watched Spike exit the room as Trixie took over pouring the tea, when she started to hum absently as she focused her tired eyes and concentrated on her magic so she wouldn’t spill any.

As strange as the scene had become the others slowly stuttered into conversation about what to do after recuperating, Trixie who was now passing a plate of biscuits around the assembled ponies piped up.

“We should rest up here until Luna gets back from where ever she’s disappeared to!”

Twilight interjected as they all realized they’d forgotten all about her resulting in some guilty looks.

“She told me she going to find help for Spitfire involving ancient magics.”

Trixie ignored the purple mares drooling at the thought of books unread and old magic unknown to her, secretly she felt a pang of jealousy return at Twilight’s drive to learn.

“Fine then we wait for her to finish her dust bath and then we head into Canterlot on the cart and try to find Celestia in the castle, sort that out and then find out what this quest is Luna wants us on...”

The genuinely worried looks on her companion’s faces caused Trixie to blush deeply and look away shyly causing them to exchange a mix of shrugs and much shaking of their heads.

Apple Cobbler wary of this display and those before cocked her head as she summed up their collective thoughts.

“Uh Trixie you OK? It’s just that you’re acting strange, not at all like your usual self?”

Trixie shuffled awkwardly and scuffed a hoof on the floor before she answered in a muted tone worthy of Fluttershy at her most shyest.

“Just trying to be nicer to you all… After all we’ve been through…”

“That’s kinda what ah meant sugar… You’re a bitch…”

All the ponies in the room died of shock at the way Apple Cobbler had summed it up but they all silently agreed she was acting weird but what came next left them totally speechless.

“T-Thanks y-you… You tramp!”

Trixie bristled with indignation but couldn’t maintain it and the wind was knocked out of her as she slouched back looking at the floor as tears fell and she started to sob uncontrollably.

Stunned Apple Cobbler struggled for words as she watched her break down as the others all rose up and rushed to surround Trixie with concern and the love only friends true friends could give someone…

“Ah didn’t mean to make you cry jeez… One near death experience and you turn into… This?”

Apple Cobbler gestured at the scene before her as the others all reached out and gave Trixie comforting pats with their hooves before Spitfire just flat out embraced her causing her to cry even louder as she released all of her pent up emotions from all that had hurt her in her short life.

It took a while for Trixie to regain a sense of composure noticing Twilight had remained sat where she’d been and was observing with some incredulity the strength of the magical bond that seemed to emanate from the six radically different ponies.

As Spitfire awkwardly extricated herself from her uncharacteristic display of affection for the sobbing blue mare she reflected on the chain of events that had caused all of them to display different sides to their characters.

“What’s the matter Great and Powerful pain in our asses?”

That achieved a small smile from Trixie who wiped her eyes with her hoof before breathing out and coming clean.

“I’m really sorry… I’m just scared…”

Eyebrows raised the others spoke in unison.

“You…? Of what…?”

“This whole ‘adventure’ of ours has been one giant cluster buck running back and forth from one lunacy to another… I nearly got possessed by Nightmare Moon, we all nearly died in a fire and Spitfire was about to die and I…”

“But you saved me and we’ve gotten out of all of our scrapes… No this is something else… Please Trixie tell us…”

The blue mare looked at each of them trying to smile but wavering as her normally stoic resolve failed her and fresh tears slowly fell.

“Cobbler is right I did have a near death experience… Actually more of an up close and personal one… It made me realize I actually care what happens to you all, I haven’t had friends before and despite being a bitch as Cobbler put it I want to try to be a good friend in return...”

“So I wanted to try and be a bit nicer…”

Fleur and Roseluck trilled in unison.

“Don’t!”

Apple Cobbler and Spitfire who were wracking their brains for reactions to Trixies admission turned to look at them as Berry spoke next.

“What they’re trying to say is that’s great and all but if we’re going to go to Canterlot then we need a bitch not another Rosy, no offense Rosy but you are a bit sensitive…”

Trixie noted the ironic tone used before Roseluck just huffed and let Fleur reply.

“Um no it’s that I haven’t really had the chance to get to know you that well but I do know that you have a really strong personality and by strong I mean you’d terrify a lot of the stallions I know…”

Fleur blushed as she pushed on trying her best to sound grown up and responsible in lieu of the sombre nature of her surroundings.

“Please what I mean… I meant that you are who you are… I’m happy to be your friend… You saved Spitfire and despite what you’ve done or said to each of us you have tried to keep us safe and lead us… Sort of…”

“You don’t have to change… Too much…”

Trixie Sniffled a little as she straightened up curious at how rational Fleur suddenly sounded, mentally she noted to pay more attention to the usually ditsy white mare.

The others all joined in as they admitted they’d gotten used to her bitchiness as one they tried to reassure her, it was confusing for them to say the least but they all agreed that Trixie being nice was far too creepy.

After further awkward platitudes the group sat back down and for the most part were lost in their own thoughts as one by one Twilight made sure they all had a shower and with Spike in tow arranged as many pillows and cushions and quilts as they could find.

When Apple Cobbler returned after going for the bits they all sat and ate a small dinner before settling down to sleep, nothing else was planned or achieved as the quiet pervaded the whole atmosphere…

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment