• Published 2nd Jan 2014
  • 4,577 Views, 20 Comments

Dumbo's Adventures in Equestria - Big Mike the Brony



When Dumbo's Flying Circus discovers a portal to Equestria, It's an experience that both the circus and the ponies of Equestria will never forget.

  • ...
0
 20
 4,577

Chapter 4: The Big Parade

The stars disappeared into the early dawn sky as Luna lowered the moon and Celestia began to raise the sun. The early rooster crowed as both the Rainbow Castle and the circus, all set up and ready for the first show, glistened in the bright morning light. When Twilight's alarm clock went off, she pushed it off and got out of bed feeling awake and ready for the day while Spike groggily got up.

"Do we really have to get up this early, Twilight?" groaned Spike.

"But of course, Spike," Twilight answers. "We have to let Ponyville know about the big parade."

After Twilight had a little breakfast, there came a knock on the door, as Twilight heads downstairs and opened up the big doors. At the entrance was Rainbow Dash who is a light sleeper, Applejack and Fluttershy who both woke up when the rooster crowed and Pinkie Pie who is still as energetic as usual. Rarity on the other hand is still wearing a bed robe and has curlers in her mane.

"We would have arrived sooner but Rarity took real long apply her makeup," Rainbow Dash told her.

"What?" Rarity remarked "Perfect isn't easy, darling."

"Anyways, I have some special assignments for you to get Ponyville ready for the parade," Twilight instructed. "Rainbow Dash, you and Applejack set up posters and signs. Pinkie Pie, you and Rarity help set up the flags and banners."

"You can count on us, Twi." said Applejack.

"Okee dokee loki." Pinkie Pie added.

"Fluttershy," Twilight finishes. "You're with me to make sure the circus is prepared."

Rainbow Dash posted flyers and posters on every wall and tree with incredible speed while Applejack hammered signs. Pinkie Pie sets up the flags and banners on the main street where parades usually happen as long as they are approved by Rarity. Soon all the ponies in Ponyville read about the flyers and gather on the sides of the main parade route. Even the local schoolhouse closed for the day so that the fillies and colts can also see it. Meanwhile at the circus grounds, the staff and animals are getting ready as well. The clowns put on their makeup, wigs and costumes while the horses were brushed until they shone and bright ribbons were put on their manes and tails. The lions, tigers, bears and monkeys marched or climbed into their cage-wagons. Henry the hippo is hitched to the calliope which uttered little toots of impatience from its shining pipes. Even the elephants and camels put on their special howdahs and rugs. The ringmaster clambered up onto one of the white horses which would lead the parade from the ground while Dumbo will amaze the crowd with one of his aerial tricks.

"Okay everybody," The ringmaster said. "We better sneak through the back road so no one can see us too early."

"And exactly how are we going to do that?" asked one of the horse riders.

"I can help," Twilight answered as she flies in front of the circus men. "I learned a teleportation spell that can transport many objects at once."

"I hope you know what you're doing." The ringmaster told her.

Concentrating really hard, she manages to teleport the parade to where it is suppose to start by different sections until all are relocated to where they want to be before teleporting to where.

"So what now, boss?" The band leader said.

"Let the parade begin!" exclaimed the ringmaster as the parade began to be on its way.

"Well," said Dumbo as he began to flap his ears. "Here goes nothing."

Meanwhile. Twilight teleported to where her friends can get good seats.

"Nice job, girls." She congragulated. "Everything looks good."

Then she notices another unicorn coming to her, it was her prized student, Starlight Glimmer, who used to be her enemy.

"Hi Twilight," said Starlight. "What's up?"

"You're just in time, Starlight," Twilight told her. "The circus parade is about to begin."

"How fascinating," Starlight replied. "What's a circus parade?"

"It's a funtastical parade featuring ponies pulling wagons filled with freaky animals, amazing performers and funny clowns."

"Clowns?!" Starlight gasps in worry. "What clowns?"

"You'll see."

"Look over there!" somepony shouted. "I see the parade!"

Sure enough, the ponies can see the parade start as the ringmaster rode in front on his white horse. The crowd cheered but Lyra cheered the loudest out of all the others. Next came the marching band as they blew on their horns, tubas, trombones, flutes, and clarinets and beat on the drums and crash the cymbals. Then came the team of zebras pulling a cage wagon filled with roaring lions and a team of donkeys pulling a wagon filled with pacing tigers. Then came the first section of clowns performing all kinds of silly antics. The crowd thought they were funny except for Starlight who just cowered closed to Twilight. Then came the camels as they walked gracefully down the street with each one having a rider on their humps. Next came the horseback riders on their black and white steeds. The crowd cried with pleasure as the well-trained creatures pranced and reared gracefully. George and Mildred giraffe come up next pulling the monkey wagon. The little fillies giggled as the creatures jump around and swing inside their cage. Next came a second section of clowns which panics Starlight even further. Next, the seals came by waving their front flippers and barking like dogs while another team of horses pull a cage wagon filled with brown bears. Just then a pony saw something that caught her eyes.

"Look, up in the sky!" she exclaimed. "It's a bird!"

"It's a dragon!" shouted another pony.

"It's... an elephant?!" Puzzled a third.

Yes, the crowd could not believe their eyes, first they see humans parading down the street and now they see an elephant calf flying without wings.

Author's Note:

I had to post this chapter in time for Dumbo's 75th Anniversary.

(I'll type in more tomorrow. After that I'll delete this side note)

Comments ( 2 )

what they think of it?

Is this story alive ?

Login or register to comment